Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Just got my copy of SU #26 in the mail! Since Shadow34 of Bumbleking already did a fine job of summarizing it, I thought I'd provide some new photos and attempt to take some clearer versions of the photos he posted.

200138_147794698617709_100001615403873_301301_2551391_n.jpg

200693_147794825284363_100001615403873_301302_5072030_n.jpg

200576_147794888617690_100001615403873_301305_5587252_n.jpg

196363_147794981951014_100001615403873_301307_5779585_n.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

No way dude. Smart money has got to be on King Max.

But that wouldn't change much if anything at all? It's not like he's in control of anything. Nicole or sally has the biggest hit stun right now. Tho if it was max then IMO it's a cheap waste of a character death. It'll effect Sally sure, her bro, yes... but the only way it'll hit sonic hard is if sally takes it to the extreme. I'm gonna stick with my money on Nicole. :D I do like your point tho. I just don't think it's him. * places money on the table* >:D

I think it'll be Max, too. He's totally off his rocker. He's just a liability, right now.

Edited by Marcellove

I too, think that it's going to be Max. (That is, if anyone dies at ALL. Mr Flynn is a master troll) Nicole will always live on as a handheld, and said data can always be recreated, so that's a waste. The previews for Genesis lead me to believe that the entire monarchy/council is gonna get sacked, and it'll just be the FFs/Chaotix running around like in the games.

Edited by Aquaslash

Surgically transplanting my INSANE MAX THEORY from Bumbleking to here.

1. The Secret Service (with Hershey, Valdez, Heavy and Bomb, and Wombat Stu) was created primarily as a Naugus hit squad.

2. Geoffrey was the King's double-agent watching the Naugus situation, to protect the throne. He became an apprentice and learned minor Ixis magics.

3. Losing three to the enemy and one to Downunda left the group disbanded, but King Max puts the plan in motion after Naugus resurfaces in The Darkest Storm.

4. Geoffrey and Hershey returned to duty. Geoffrey was reporting to Max before he betrayed Sonic. Hershey was killed or remains undercover.

5. King Max plans to overthrow the Council by defeating Naugus in the city, using the Sword of Light like the Sword of Acorns, but he will die.

6. Geoffrey is a traitor, but not by way of Naugus. He's a devoted Royalist stupid enough to listen to Max. Doctor Quack is in on the plan.

I should have guessed that was you by virtue of having practically the same username. ._.

That's because it is a comic with Sonic in it.

A comic book series would be pretty bland if it were just Sonic, Sonic, Sonic all the time with no interactions or development on any other character at all. If you want some Sonic only goodness why not go play a Sonic game (specifically Sonic 1 so there is no one else, bar Robotnik, to ruin your Sonic only fun) a comic book series on the otherhand, despite the Eponymous title, needs to focus a little here and a little there on other characters besides just the protagonist.

Also as others have mentioned this is not the games, SatAM (which the comic highly derives from) always had Sonic in your face but it still had relationships and underlying plots.

Frankly I'd be bored if the comic just focused on Sonic and Sonic ONLY and didn't develop any other characters or further any relationships.

Did I ever say or imply I wanted Sonic and Sonic only? No, I did not. Your entire argument falls flat from the get-go.

My issue is the general feel of the comic book. It does not feel like Sonic when I read it most of the time. Characters like Sally and Dr. Finitevus do not help the situation. I started reading the Sonic comic book because I was a fan of the original source material. I.E. the game series and I still am primarily a fan of the game series because that's where my roots into the series lie.

I know that's probably taboo talk around these parts but I'd really appreciate and be able to enjoy the comic book more if it was more in tune with the game universe.

That said, I find myself enjoying Universe most of the time.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Chooch, but it's not set in the game universe. It's Mobius the place of the Western canon. Some people see that as less legit, but really? I think we'd lose something if we forgot about Mobius and the early AoStH days. As a different universe and as a comic that releases monthly it needs things unique to it. In many ways it's deeper than game canon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did I ever say or imply I wanted Sonic and Sonic only? No, I did not. Your entire argument falls flat from the get-go.

My issue is the general feel of the comic book. It does not feel like Sonic when I read it most of the time. Characters like Sally and Dr. Finitevus do not help the situation. I started reading the Sonic comic book because I was a fan of the original source material. I.E. the game series and I still am primarily a fan of the game series because that's where my roots into the series lie.

I know that's probably taboo talk around these parts but I'd really appreciate and be able to enjoy the comic book more if it was more in tune with the game universe.

That said, I find myself enjoying Universe most of the time.

Then why don't you go play the games and stop bitching that the comic is being something that it has always been? Characters like Sally and Finitevus shouldn't be in this medium because it doesn't make you think of the games? well soooooory.

This isn't the games, like it has been said many times before, this is set in the comics universe. The .comic. universe. If you don't like the comics and prefer the games stick to the games, it's simple. Characters like Sally have been in the comic since it's beggining, hating the comic for her seems like a waste of time, hating characters like Finitevus is a waste of time. The comics come out once a month, the games come out what? Like maybe 3 times a year, maybe only properly once or twice a year if you only count canon non-minigame/spin-off games. Comics need lot's of characters and interactions that aren't just fighting, fighting, fighting to keep them fresh and exciting.

Personally I'd like to see more game stuff incorporated into the comic as I loved seeing Oil Ocean zone and would love to see more game inspired places featured in the comics, but I want them intergrated with the comic not in place of the comic. The stuff the comic has established should stay and have the game stuff fit in with it.

Just because you want only the game stuff doesn't mean we should miss out on the comic stuff, that's a bit selfish when you already have the games to make you have that Sonic feeling.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Oh and I highly suspect most Sally hate comes from people who are shippers of some other SonicX[insert character here] fan coupling. No SonicXtails is not gonna happen, get over it guys.

Lol, no. I hate Sally because I dislike her personality and attitude(plus, she seems like a shining beacon of conformity to me). And before you ask, yes, I do hate SonicxSally. But I also hate SonicxAmy, SonicxMina, SonicxTails, and any other Sonic pairing. It seems against his nature for him to be tied down to any one girl. To me it does, anyway.

Call it immature, say I'm wrong, or even neg rep me for it. This opinion isn't gonna change.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then why don't you go play the games and stop bitching that the comic is being something that it has always been? Characters like Sally and Finitevus shouldn't be in this medium because it doesn't make you think of the games? well soooooory.

Way to overreact. I didn't know expressing my opinion on the comic book in its current state constituted as bitching and that I should just shut up and play the games. Obviously the issues don't bother me as much as you have assumed considering I've recently gotten back into it and have been trying to keep up with what's going on.

Characters like Sally have been in the comic since it's beggining, hating the comic for her seems like a waste of time, hating characters like Finitevus is a waste of time.

Except I don't hate the comic just because of because of her or Finitevus. I said that characters like them don't help the situation. I don't even hate it at all, I would just like things to be more in tune with the game universe.

The comics come out once a month, the games come out what? Like maybe 3 times a year, maybe only properly once or twice a year if you only count canon non-minigame/spin-off games. Comics need lot's of characters and interactions that aren't just fighting, fighting, fighting to keep them fresh and exciting.

Thank you for telling me something I already know.

Personally I'd like to see more game stuff incorporated into the comic as I loved seeing Oil Ocean zone and would love to see more game inspired places featured in the comics, but I want them intergrated with the comic not in place of the comic.

This is exactly what I was saying in my previous post, just put differently. Cool beans.

Just because you want only the game stuff doesn't mean we should miss out on the comic stuff, that's a bit selfish when you already have the games to make you have that Sonic feeling.

When did I say I only wanted the game stuff? Why the fuck do you keep putting words in my mouth?

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

I dont actually read the comics (not that i dont want to, but they're not available in my country...), but i still appreciate it's presence if only for the fact that it's the last remaining shred of the old "Mobius and Chillidogs"-version of Sonic that i and so many others knew and loved back when we were kiddies. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont actually read the comics (not that i dont want to, but they're not available in my country...), but i still appreciate it's presence if only for the fact that it's the last remaining shred of the old "Mobius and Chillidogs"-version of Sonic that i and so many others knew and loved back when we were kiddies. :)

Preview pages for StH #223 are up.

sth223_0.jpg

sth223_1.jpg

sth223_2.jpg

sth223_3.jpg

sth223_4.jpg

sth223_5.jpg

Naugus is finally making his move! Also, looks like Barby Koala and a member of the Battle Bird Armada are at the concert. =P

God, you just know Geoffery is a dick by his profile picture. Looking forward to seeing what else happens (Come on Naugus, Kill old Max. it'll be fun.)

Also picked up Sonic Universe today, man it is as heavy as we thought in the Other M. stuff. Still hoping for more Prelates (Sonic, Eggman and maybe Finitevus or Shadow) cause I can't see how they would fill two whole issues with fight fight fight.

God, you just know Geoffery is a dick by his profile picture. Looking forward to seeing what else happens (Come on Naugus, Kill old Max. it'll be fun.)

Also picked up Sonic Universe today, man it is as heavy as we thought in the Other M. stuff. Still hoping for more Prelates (Sonic, Eggman and maybe Finitevus or Shadow) cause I can't see how they would fill two whole issues with fight fight fight.

I got that issue today as well. It definetly is setting itself up as a all-out brawl, which will be interesting.

;)

It also looks like I was right about soul orbs/cores and that everyone in the trophy wall will be saved. ;)

Edited by DragonSoul

Unffff. I'm really excited about how shit's going down~

Check out the Cosmo-thing with the Marine tail and Cream outfit on the title page. What is that thing, DEAR GOD WHAT IS IT.

And look at that rebound from the spin dash, Sonic's braking backwards with his hands. Bates' action panels were great in the Sandblast arc, same here.

Geoffrey is not a traitor. Look at his quote when he announces Naugus and realize how clever the bastard is. He's steering him to a trap.

Oh look, in the background...Chip

Crap. Issue ruined for me now.

I really like the (new?) artist they've got for this thing. Really dynamic colors, poses and cool interestingly drawn scenes. Too bad Treasure Team Tango didn't have the same level of artistic awesomeness, that could've been an epic arc then!

Why would a member from the BBA be there?

Anybody else think that this "subtle" manipulating by Geoffrey and Naugus isn't really very subtle at all? I totally won't buy into the story if the people of Acorn just all of a sudden decide to go along with everything they say just from a little unease drummed up by Mina and her band <_<

Crap. Issue ruined for me now.

Srsly? :huh:

Okay then...

Anybody else think that this "subtle" manipulating by Geoffrey and Naugus isn't really very subtle at all? I totally won't buy into the story if the people of Acorn just all of a sudden decide to go along with everything they say just from a little unease drummed up by Mina and her band <_<

Not really. They'd atleast be aware of what the Naugus has tried to do in the past, so I don't see how in the world he could actually be that convincing to the people. But then again, seeing as how they've been rather uneasy, who really knows?

I have to say tho, seeing Nicole attack Naugus like that makes me somehow think she's going to be the one we saw on the cover, but only a little. Reason why is because if the people do fear her and Naugus actually does play the hero to them only for something bad to happen, I get the feeling she's going to sacrifice herself in order to prove to everyone that she was on their side the whole time despite being controlled by the Iron Queen.

Although that makes me wonder where else they could take the comic. If that does happen, it makes me wonder how the people of the city would defend themselves as Nicole provided majority of the defense while the Freedom Fighters provided the offense.

...Just a lot of wild mass guessing for the most part...did I just use another TV Tropes reference?

Srsly? :huh:

Okay then...

Not literally ruin, but still, anything that even reminds me of that shithole of a game will piss me off. Just as long as it isn't an actual role in the comic. Truth be told I couldn't even spot him in those pages anyway! :D haha

Not really. They'd atleast be aware of what the Naugus has tried to do in the past, so I don't see how in the world he could actually be that convincing to the people. But then again, seeing as how they've been rather uneasy, who really knows?

I have to say tho, seeing Nicole attack Naugus like that makes me somehow think she's going to be the one we saw on the cover, but only a little. Reason why is because if the people do fear her and Naugus actually does play the hero to them only for something bad to happen, I get the feeling she's going to sacrifice herself in order to prove to everyone that she was on their side the whole time despite being controlled by the Iron Queen.

Although that makes me wonder where else they could take the comic. If that does happen, it makes me wonder how the people of the city would defend themselves as Nicole provided majority of the defense while the Freedom Fighters provided the offense.

...Just a lot of wild mass guessing for the most part...did I just use another TV Tropes reference?

Yeah I'm feeling that too. I just don't buy the whole "create two seconds of mistrust and unease and all of a sudden the villain is viewed as the good guy" plot they seem to be using as if it's totally not suss and awkward. Play this out with more issues and some proper subtle manipulation and I'd buy it yeah.

But I agree, at least I somewhat want it to be, Nicole who bites it. I don't want it to be Sally is all, but as far as killing off a character and not pissing people off/logically making sense Nicole is one of few who fit.

But I agree, at least I somewhat want it to be, Nicole who bites it. I don't want it to be Sally is all, but as far as killing off a character and not pissing people off/logically making sense Nicole is one of few who fit.

Actually, despite my guess, I'm actually hoping it isn't Nicole. I like Sally, but for some reason, I've grown to like Nicole a lot more. Of course, it's such a damn tease that it is freaking hard to guess. It's been that way since Sonic returned from space if i remember correctly, and yet it still flows well.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Actually, despite my guess, I'm actually hoping it isn't Nicole. I like Sally, but for some reason, I've grown to like Nicole a lot more. Of course, it's such a damn tease that it is freaking hard to guess. It's been that way since Sonic returned from space if i remember correctly, and yet it still flows well.

I'm guessing that the reason for you liking Nicole more is because after gaining her new form, she has been trying so hard to act Mobian - a reason why people have been sympathizing with her more recently because she is portrayed now more than an A.I. in a portable console.

I also spotted on page two, a Mobian version of "Cosmo" and someone else from Cosmo's clan (I dunno her name - she was the fat one.) They both apparently have raccoon tails and a bit of Cream mixed into their design.

Raccoon leaf perhaps? A slight joke by the artist? Who knows. I do know that they can't use Cosmo though, which explains the wacky yet familiar design.

Geoffrey is not a traitor. Look at his quote when he announces Naugus and realize how clever the bastard is. He's steering him to a trap.

In my humblest opinion I say that there won't be a need for a trap if Naugus was left as a drooling pet. This may be brought up later as the story unfolds I think.