Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm guessing that the reason for you liking Nicole more is because after gaining her new form, she has been trying so hard to act Mobian - a reason why people have been sympathizing with her more recently because she is portrayed now more than an A.I. in a portable console.

Pretty much. In the past, I've not cared too much for her, but since she became the nanites of Mobotropolis I've actually begun to notice her more and appreciate her character.

Pretty much. In the past, I've not cared too much for her, but since she became the nanites of Mobotropolis I've actually begun to notice her more and appreciate her character.

Yeah, but with as much power as she has right now, she seems more like a Plot Device than a character.

Nicole is like cell phones now, every story from now on is going to have to come up with some reason why she won't work.

And then Geoffrey was all like, "I'm happy for ya, and I'ma let you finish..."

Thanks to Dubs at Bubmleking for bringing this news to our attention.

It confirms Genesis is a 4-part arc and that the series will resume at #230 from the previous storyline. The fate of someone's life depends on Genesis.

The word reboot is tossed around a lot in this article, but it's likely more of a soft-reset. The article also mentions the next SU arc!

And the cover of #227 was easily predicted after #226. Not quite as epic, but I'm not complaining.

The cover image:

sonic_van_3_02.jpg

The next Sonic Universe arc:

Is Scourge breaking the Zone Cop prison. All hail King Scourge!

Edited by Dabnikz

This arc might just be the thing that makes me buy an archie comic.

The covers alone are stunning.

Man, these Genesis covers just keep getting better and better! :D I can't friggin' WAIT for this arc! I'm interested to see how Sonic gets thrown into this mess and how it factors into the survival of that certain character. So I'm guessing Genesis Part 1 will be Sonic 1-based, Genesis Part 2 will be Sonic 2-based, Genesis Part 3 will be Sonic 3-based, and Genesis Part 4 will be Sonic and Knuckles-based? If so, I'm very interested to see how the storylines of those games are translated into comic book form. Spaz is contributing to the interior art?! Friggin' AWESOME! It's been a while since we've seen his art IN the book! :D

As for the next SU arc, it looks like Aquaslash called it. :lol:

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Is anyone else slightly annoyed that the Freedom Fighters are going to be apart of this small reboot?

Is anyone else slightly annoyed that the Freedom Fighters are going to be apart of this small reboot?

Yeah, I saw the first few panels and thought "AWESOME!" then out of the capsule they came and I thought "oh..".

Not to be a hater, but I could just imagine all the self aware speech balloons popping up "Checkered hills? Sac me bleu!", "What's up with the funky architecture, Sonic?"

Here's hoping Sonic is aware that he is on South Island and tells his friends to STFU and respect his home turf.

Yeah, I saw the first few panels and thought "AWESOME!" then out of the capsule they came and I thought "oh..".

Not to be a hater, but I could just imagine all the self aware speech balloons popping up "Checkered hills? Sac me bleu!", "What's up with the funky architecture, Sonic?"

Here's hoping Sonic is aware that he is on South Island and tells his friends to STFU and respect his home turf.

You know that's not going to happen seeing how, the Freedom Fighters will possibly replace the roles Tails, Knuckles, and Amy had respectively in the this story.

No. They're the main comic cast going back to day one. Deal.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

No. They're the main comic cast going back to day one. Deal.

I would take that if this was about the FF's, but its about Sonic's console roots, something they weren't apart of.

I'm not trying to sound like a purist, it just irks me.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's assuming this little reboot isn't going to make South Island the entire group's home turf. ;)

Anyway, this storyline sounds MOST intriguing. Will be interesting to see how the temporary reboot relates back to the main continuity.

And the Scourge arc could be cool, especially seeing as how it's the first non-SEGA character story arc. Sort of disappointed we didn't get an Eggman arc, but oh well.

Edited by Immortheus

FINALLY recieved my copy of #222 in the mail! Archie's customer service ROCKS. Not only did they ship my issue out really fast after I had e-mailed them that I still hadn't recieved it, but they even threw in a free Mega Man poster! FREAKIN' SWEET! :D

I'm sooooooo glad to finally have my subscription back on track. Now I'm all ready for Genesis! :D

Anyway, I might take some photos of certain parts of #222 (the Genesis preview image), so stay tuned! :)

I think my heart just jumped a bit at how awesome that Sonic 2 cover is. I was hoping for it, but not expecting it.

Looking forward to the S3 and S+K covers, I really am.

I like this cover more than 226's as well, though did anyone notice that Robotnik's hand isn't gloved? Odd...

Also, I'm very happy that I don't have to worry about the entire comic being rebooted anymore, the loss of all that continuity (both good and awful) would enrage me to no end. Also happy about the new SU arc, its cool to see an Archie character finally earn some time in the spotlight. From what I can tell they he's super popular with the newer fans and the old fans, when most characters seem to be one way or the other.

Scourge & Suppression Squad SU arc... O.o (I'm assuming the S.S are gonna be in it too, from one of the Sonicgram replies on the SU blog). I'm excited, intregued and a bit apprehensive all at once. You know how much I love Moebius and its Sonic alter crew... so I hope this will be awesome and not horrible. With Scourge it really could go either way.

Oh dear, it looks like Miles may have to give up his crow. He won't like that...

Though I'm really happy Scourge gets his own arc. Even if I don't like the basic idea of a 'reboot' (even if it's temporary, it'll have to do alot to win me over) Sonic Universe always has something for me. :)

Damn, I thought for sure it wasn't a ... WAIT it isn't. Tho I was hoping it wasn't some odd flashback either. No point in crying about and just get the issues when they come out. Funny how I was right and WRONG at the same time. Flashback but different and will have lasting effects on the current timeline, and not NOT a reboot. but it is. :/ Ok Lan........ you're a bigger troll then ONO will EVER be. lol

Genesis seems to be adapting the games after how many years after they were released. :P

The best way to look at it is that it's a stand alone story that doesn't feature any preexisting (or not much) ArchieSonic continuity and when the arc ends, it continues where the previous storyline left off.

I think this is a neat idea and Archie should do this more often.

Random ass thought........ with the reboot and everything and the info that because of said reboot..... someone dies and be brought back. What if in some odd ass random fucking way SONIC'S the who dies and comes back? Just saying...... That cover B could be nothing BUT a lie. It's happened before.

Edited by lamontraccoon