Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Would you like the idea of Eggman Nega being responsible for breaking out Scourge from Zone Cop Prison. B)

Um...um...um!! Is this a trick question? Oh, uh, I can't decide...

:| I am sad that it seems that NO1CURR here or over at Bumbleking about the rest of the Suppression Squad. I feel like the only one who really wants to catch up with them, too. Don't get me wrong; Scourge is awesome and I'm delighted to see him again. But I also really want to get to know Alicia, Miles, Boomer and Patch a little better. I thought they were interesting characters. Ah well. Maybe they'll cameo, but at least there's 4 issues of Scourge badassery comin' up! =D

As much as I was hoping to see the Mighty and Ray arc finally come to fruition, I am VERY excited to see a Scourge arc. Out of every concept Ian has changed/introduced into the comic since he came aboard, Scourge is probably my absolute favorite. Honestly Scourge is so popular with both new and old fans I wouldn't be shocked if he was given a cameo in a Sonic Sports/Racing title someday.

Makes me happy to see an Archie character be able to have enough fans to support their own arc, although did anyone else find it strange that it says "Evil-Sonic: Scourge" on the cover? I wonder if SEGA asked for that, which kinda would take away from the "Archie-character" part, but oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I feel like most of the arc will be spent exploring the characters and workings of the No-Zone, with Scourge under lockdown. The Suppression Squad is cool, but I think Ian's got another story to tell here. If anything the arc will close on Moebius, like one final issue of Scourge tearing the place up.

As much as I was hoping to see the Mighty and Ray arc finally come to fruition, I am VERY excited to see a Scourge arc. Out of every concept Ian has changed/introduced into the comic since he came aboard, Scourge is probably my absolute favorite. Honestly Scourge is so popular with both new and old fans I wouldn't be shocked if he was given a cameo in a Sonic Sports/Racing title someday.

Makes me happy to see an Archie character be able to have enough fans to support their own arc, although did anyone else find it strange that it says "Evil-Sonic: Scourge" on the cover? I wonder if SEGA asked for that, which kinda would take away from the "Archie-character" part, but oh well.

I too would like to see what mighty and ray have been up to ever since the end of the iron dominion arc.

But i'm going to stop you there. SEGA, no matter how much popularity a character gets, won't put comic characters in the games even if its a sports/racing title. those 2 universes are seprate they like it that way.

Its not strange, scourge is evil sonic thats still his name scourge is just a renaming he gave himself.

HO HO HO! Delicious tears over at the Sega boards! Also FRAG YEAH SCOURGE ARC. Totally called that slag.

Your just totally possessed by the transformers form of cursing ain't you 'slash?

Here's the description from First Comics News' article on Archie Comics for June. (it was deleted yesterday for some reason, so I got it from the Google cache)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EGNRskMzydQJ:www.firstcomicsnews.com/%3Fp%3D21601+archie+comics+june+2011&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&source=www.google.ca

SONIC UNIVERSE #29

“Inside Job” Part One: Step aside, Sonic – this arc is starring Scourge! The vicious “Evil Sonic” is under heavy lock-down in Zone Jail. Can it be that the would-be world conqueror has been beaten into submission? And when some unlikely allies arrive, will his ego allow him to accept their help?

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ARTIST: Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash, Phil Felix and Ray Dillon

COVER: Tracy Yardley! & Ben Hunzeker

Shipping Date: 6/1/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 6/15/2011

Newsstands: Week of 6/21/2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

:| I am sad that it seems that NO1CURR here or over at Bumbleking about the rest of the Suppression Squad. I feel like the only one who really wants to catch up with them, too. Don't get me wrong; Scourge is awesome and I'm delighted to see him again. But I also really want to get to know Alicia, Miles, Boomer and Patch a little better. I thought they were interesting characters. Ah well. Maybe they'll cameo, but at least there's 4 issues of Scourge badassery comin' up! =D

Anti-Knuckles gets no love. Hell, he doesn't even get a name unlike the rest of the Moebius counterparts. I guess he really is dead.

Anti-Knuckles gets no love. Hell, he doesn't even get a name unlike the rest of the Moebius counterparts. I guess he really is dead.

I WOULD like to see more of Anti-Knuckles. His beret and accent made him to awesome to never see again. :lol: I'm interested to see if he gets an alternate name, though. Anti-Knuckles is also one of the only Moebius residents who doesn't exactly see eye-to-eye with Scourge OR his Supression Squad, so I'd be interested to see him get more development.

I wouldn't mind seeing Anti-Knux, with his odd pacifist ways, again either. I just... really wanna learn more about Moebius and its inhabitants in general. It's not that I'm unhappy to see Scourge again - I love Scourge and I'm delighted that he gets his own arc. I'm just afraid that there's a lost opportunity here to learn more about everything that SURROUNDS him: his homeworld, his past, his Suppression Squad and THEIR histories... I'm afraid that instead it's just going to be a gigantic prison brawl to showcase the extent of Green's badassery.

Having said that, I'm curious to learn who the 'unlikely allies' who come to his aid, according to the synopsis, are.

But I'm going to stop you there. SEGA, no matter how much popularity a character gets, won't put comic characters in the games even if its a sports/racing title. those 2 universes are separate they like it that way.

I wouldn't say that. It's more likely that they just don't give a damn.

:| I am sad that it seems that NO1CURR here or over at Bumbleking about the rest of the Suppression Squad.

Hey, we DO care about the rest of the Supression Squad! It's just that with so much happening at the same time, I personally and many others don't find them prioritary. We have reboots on StH, Scourge, the No Zone, and possibly Eggman Nega on SU, the Supression Squad can come at their own time.

Also, how can he get a name if we haven't seen him yet? :P I'm sure once we do, we'll get a new name. And he already has a name- it's "Knuckles" :P

Plus we've already been discussing in BKC how to name him. Bets went off on:

Knuckles McKnuckles

or

Dreds McLocke

:P

Hey, we DO care about the rest of the Supression Squad! It's just that with so much happening at the same time, I personally and many others don't find them prioritary. We have reboots on StH, Scourge, the No Zone, and possibly Eggman Nega on SU, the Supression Squad can come at their own time.

Also, how can he get a name if we haven't seen him yet? :P I'm sure once we do, we'll get a new name. And he already has a name- it's "Knuckles" :P

Plus we've already been discussing in BKC how to name him. Bets went off on:

Knuckles McKnuckles

or

Dreds McLocke

:P

We've seen Anti-Knuckles before, way back when.

I hope he gets a new name but I'm am more interested in if he'll get a newer design also. I doubt we're gonna see the SS or much to do with Moebius anyway. Like people have said I reckon it'll just be another brawl to showcase "oooh Scourge you're so badass" :rolleyes: . The surprise ally probably being Eggman Nega; which is probably the only thing that interests me in this arc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

We've seen Anti-Knuckles before, way back when.

I meant seen him ever since Scourge forced his Mobius to be retooled.

Pfff, Mittens XD I lol'd.

I'm sad that we may not see the SS this time around... But if Ian ever reopens his writing/ficlet commissions, I am TOTALLY requesting a Moebius/SS story from him. <3

I'm guessing after the Scourge arc, we're getting a Mighty arc..

Pfff, Mittens XD I lol'd.

I'm sad that we may not see the SS this time around... But if Ian ever reopens his writing/ficlet commissions, I am TOTALLY requesting a Moebius/SS story from him. <3

Why do you think we might not see them? The description says he's saved by unlikely allies. Sounds like it could be the SS to me. :-/

I'm mostly going by the sentiment over at Bumbleking, but who knows?

Why do you think we might not see them? The description says he's saved by unlikely allies. Sounds like it could be the SS to me. :-/

The SS would be likely allies though. Unlikely allies would say be....I dunno, Sonic showing up to help out as that's pretty unlikely, or Robotnik; an enemy of an enemy and rather unlikely, or even Eggman Nega as Scourge (and even us) have never seen him before in the comics, so again unlikely partnership.

I'm requesting a Nack arc if suggestion are up for being uh....suggested. SU Nack arc for the win!

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Or maybe the anti-Chaotix. That...would sound like wishful thinking without the proper background, so let me explain; in the Sonic blogs on the Archie website, there's been a week of Scourge answering the fan-mail, which sort of hinted at him getting an arc anyway. During the week, he makes mention of anti-Knuckles basically being a sap, and that the concept of Espio turning evil (instead of just biding his time under the ID) would make him much cooler than his universe's Espio. Both imply that the anti-Chaotix are more heroic than the level of evil put forward by the Suppression Squad, thus they'd be unlikely allies in the eyes of Scourge.

...And it still sounds like wishful thinking, typical. <_<

Edited by VEAM-F

I don't think we're going to get a Mighty arc. Ian said we wouldn't be seeing Mighty and Ray this year. Plus, I'm not sure if a Mighty arc could really sell... (unless there's a LOT of requests for one like Scourge's arc)

Edited by Immortheus

I don't think we're going to get a Mighty arc. Ian said we wouldn't be seeing Mighty and Ray this year. Plus, I'm not sure if a Mighty arc could really sell... (unless there's a LOT of requests for one like Scourge's arc)

He said that? I had no idea.. But, Mighty is still looking for Matilda, so that would be an intersting arc, but I don't think it's important enough for the main comic. That's why Mighty was my guess.

I'm mostly going by the sentiment over at Bumbleking, but who knows?

I don't go to Bumbleking, can you or someone else elaborate, please?

The SS would be likely allies though. Unlikely allies would say be....I dunno, Sonic showing up to help out as that's pretty unlikely, or Robotnik; an enemy of an enemy and rather unlikely, or even Eggman Nega as Scourge (and even us) have never seen him before in the comics, so again unlikely partnership.

I'm requesting a Nack arc if suggestion are up for being uh....suggested. SU Nack arc for the win!

Why would they be likely? :huh: From what I remember the last time they met, they betrayed Scourge :-/ Or am I forgetting something?

Or maybe the anti-Chaotix. That...would sound like wishful thinking without the proper background, so let me explain; in the Sonic blogs on the Archie website, there's been a week of Scourge answering the fan-mail, which sort of hinted at him getting an arc anyway. During the week, he makes mention of anti-Knuckles basically being a sap, and that the concept of Espio turning evil (instead of just biding his time under the ID) would make him much cooler than his universe's Espio. Both imply that the anti-Chaotix are more heroic than the level of evil put forward by the Suppression Squad, thus they'd be unlikely allies in the eyes of Scourge.

...And it still sounds like wishful thinking, typical. <_<

Seeing as Espio is my favorite character, I'd like that. I didn't see that fan-mail stuff. Was Anti-Chaotix ever shown before, though? I don't recall Anti-Chaotix..

What's the ID?

Oh, and just a thought: Is it possible that Ian Flynn may not want to create more Anti- characters? I got the feeling he changed Anti-Sonic to Scourge and everyone elses looks a lot was to make the more than just evil versions of the heroes, so maybe he wouldn't want to make more evil versions.

Edited by MarcelloF

I wouldn't say that. It's more likely that they just don't give a damn.

If they didn't give a damn they wouldn't have put all of those mandates on Sonic's love life. And I think their main concern are on the main console series, rather than a spin off.

Is it possible that Ian Flynn may not want to create more Anti-characters?

It's very possible. Ian's said he wants a limited multiverse (no Bat-Sonic or funny stuff) so our alternate zones are probably limited to the future zones like Silver, 30YL, and Jani-Ca, and actual places like Moebius, the Sol Dimension, and the No-Zone. Moebius is our main anti-zone though, so maybe it gets a pass as to how deep he'll explore the characters.

Marcello; The anti-Chaotix (Bar Knuckles) would be new if they were in this.

And the ID is Iron Dominion, since they controlled his clan for a bit.

A possible name for Anti-Knuckles could be Fists...cause he's a Pacifist...

• Thumbs Up 1