Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

If they didn't give a damn they wouldn't have put all of those mandates on Sonic's love life. And I think their main concern are on the main console series, rather than a spin off.

The mandates are there because they want the character himself to remain overall the same no matter where he goes. There's a fancy sounding name for that kinda thing, I just can't think of it.

Wouldn't an anti-Knuckles be a noncommittal evildoer who acts only through deceived pawns? Maybe he's been responsible for everything in the comic up to this point!?!?!

Wouldn't an anti-Knuckles be a noncommittal evildoer who acts only through deceived pawns? Maybe he's been responsible for everything in the comic up to this point!?!?!

It would also mean, he's the most competent person on mobius, but sucks at fighting.

Yes! My subscription is back under control! Just recieved StH #223 in the mail! Expect my usual summary once I'm done reading it! :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Summary time!

1.The issue begins with Sonic and Sally staking out another of Mina's concerts to make sure things don't get out of hand like last time.

2.Mina begins the concert by giving a speech.

3."I'm glad so many of you could show up for our surprise performance! We just wanted to thank you all again for all your support, and to lighten the mood for the city."

2.Geoffrey appears and snatches the microphone from Mina.

3."How can we lighten the mood when a computer could turn the city against us any second? The Forget-Me-Knots woke us up! It's time to act!"

6.The Freedom Fighters attack Geoffrey.

7."Make this easy on yourself and surrender!"

8."Surrender, luv? But I'm in the right. Everything I've done..."

9.Naugus appears.

10."...is in service of the true king of Mobotropolis."

11.Sally is shocked to see Naugus back in his right mind.

12.Naugus tries to rally the people by promising that he'll save them from Nicole.

13."No more will you live in fear of her turning the city against you!"

14.Nicole appears and creates a digital prison around Naugus.

15."I only turn it against threats like you. Please do not resist any further."

16.Naugus uses his crystalline magic to destroy Nicole's prison.

17.Naugus says that he'll speak to the Council of Acorn and departs, leaving Geoffrey to deal with the FFs.

18.Sally dispatches Sonic to tail Naugus.

19.Sonic tries to plow into Naugus, but he transformes himself into air and Sonic goes right through him.

20.Sonic turns around and makes another attempt, but Naugus changes himself into fire, repelling him.

21.Sally calls in the Royal Guards to attack Geoffrey, but he pulls his status as Commander on them and tells them to cease fire.

22."He's a traitor! Arrest him!"

23."I'm acting on king's orders. Top secret business. As usual. Stand down!"

24."As Crown Princess--!"

25."King trumps Princess. Sorry."

26."Elias didn't authorize this!"

27."Who said anything about Elias?"

28.Geoffrey says that the FFs themselves will have to fight him if they want to get past him.

29.Sally calls the FFs into battle and they attack Geoffrey.

30.Antione slashes at him with his sword, missing him.

31.Geoffrey knees Antione in the stomach and Bunnie decides to strike.

32.Bunnie tries to use her mechanical arm to punch Geoffrey, but he dodges it and chops her in the face.

33.Tails and Amy are the next to strike.

34.Geoffrey predicts that Sally will try a sneak attack against him and chops at where he believes she'll be.

35.He was incorrect in his prediction and Nicole seals him in a bubble.

36."Since the Commander's skill set does not include "Crystalline Magic," I don't believe he will be escaping any time soon."

37.Sally thanks Nicole and tries to tail Naugus, but suddenly black smoke expels from the bubble and Geoffrey escapes.

38."...An Ixis...YOU'RE an...since when were YOU an Ixis Wizard?!"

39."Aw, what can I say, Luv? I'm just full of surprises."

40.Meanwhile, Eggman is prepping a plan.

41."Snively! I want you and your Egg Mobile prepped and ready for launch in ten minutes!"

42."Yes, sir."

43."I'll meet you at the Zone Gate. TEN MINUTES!"

44.Lien-Da arrives and says that all hull damage has been repaired and IT'S ready for launch. (Three guesses what she's referring to. ;) )

45."...provided your mission actually succeeds."

46."Oh, it will. And then the REAL fun begins!"

47.Naugus makes it to the Castle with Sonic trailing behind. He summons a rock to knock Sonic away from him and then seals the castle's entrance with his Crystal Magic.

48.Naugus appears before the Council and says that he's come for his crown and kingdom.

49.Back with Sally's group, she tells some civilians to get somewhere safe while Amy confronts Geoffrey.

50.Geoffrey grabs Amy's wrist and throws her into the air. Tails catches her.

51."I've ALWAYS served my king and my country. You blokes just never thought to clarify WHICH king!"

52."But with Old Mobotropolis gone and the crown sharing power with a blinkin' council, I had to act before the RIGHTFUL king lost everything!"

53."You're not making any sense."

54."You just don't WANT me to make sense, Luv. You KNOW what I'm talking about."

55."If any of this is true, why haven't you acted sooner? And what does your WIFE have to say about all this?"

56."She doesn't care about much now. Hershey's dead. She's been dead for a while."

57.Back at the Council, Elias says that his father left the kingdom to him, but Naugus says that because the king had been Naugus' knight in the Zone of Silence and he had sworn his fealty to him, the kingdom is rightfully his.

58.Rotor tries to confront him, but Naugus assures that he'll maintain the Council and that he's not their enemy.

59.Elias still doesn't trust him after what he did to his father.

60.Sonic bursts in through the window and jumps off of Naugus.

61.Sonic tells Elias that Geoffrey's officially a traitor now.

62."HSSSSSSSSS! Quips and fists cannot overcome my magic, Quickster!"

63.Sonic says that he knows and asks Elias for a bit of a "Magical Edge."

64.Elias gives Sonic the order to take Naugus out and throws him the Sword of Light.

65.The story ends with Sonic confronting Naugus.

66.The back-up story begins with Eggman berating Snively before a portal.

67."We only get ONE shot at this, Snively!"

68."Yes, sir.

69."I mean it! I'm using every last watt from this ragged city to open this portal to the Special Zone!"

70."Yes, sir."

71.Eggman and Snively fly into the portal in their Egg Mobiles.

72.The run into Feist.

73."Ah! New mortals have come to Feist's domain!"

74."I! It! What! EEP! No! Why! Huge! Help!"

75."I see it, Snively. Interesting."

76.Feist offers them a Chaos Emerald and says they'll have to race each other for it.

77."Oh-ho-ho! That's it? Fly to the end and claim it? You're on!"

78.Snively thinks of possible options.

79."If I won, I could take over the whole operation, leave Eggman here, and go rescue..."

80.Snively draws a wide grin.

81."You're on!"

82."That's the spirit! A little bit of fun before world domination never hurt anyone!"

83.Feist begins the race and the two are off.

84.Snively tries to pass Eggman, but his Egg Mobile explodes and Eggy is victorious.

85.Eggman holds his prize in his hands when it is suddenly teleported away.

86.Feist tells him that he's only allowed to bring ONE back. Either Snively or the emerald.

87.Of course, Eggman being Eggman, he chooses the emerald.

88.Eggman flies back through the portal.

89."Brilliant! Simply magnificent! And it's "Sonic Blue," fittingly enough!"

90."And since no one denies Dr. Eggman ANYTHING..."

91.He presses a button on his Egg Mobile.

92.Feist contemplates what he'll do with Snively, but he's suddenly teleported away from Feist.

93.Feist is understandably cheesed, as Eggman mocks him from the other side of the portal.

94."And that's why I conquer and YOU lose (whatever you were).

95.As Snively rubs his aching head, Eggy calls him into action.

96."Quit lying about, Snively! It's time to get the show on the road!"

97.The issue ends.

98.There's also a very funny off-panel strip involving everyone's favorite luchador. :D

Enjoy! :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Oh man, Eggman is so awesome for that XD

Also an Emerald recap

Let's do an Emerald recap!

GUN: Green, Red

Mogul: White

Naugus: Purple

Eggman: Blue

This leaves the Yellow and Sky emeralds still in the Special Zone. I wonder if we'll be hearing of them soon.

EDIT: misplaced two emeralds. Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Edited by Aquaslash

O_O Hershey.....I wonder if its a lie tho. Maybe that's why St. John went evil, he thinks he has nothing left now....

I wish I got my issues early like that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It was, apparently, a one-off remark made by Geoffrey. It came off more coy than anything, especially since Ian is just throwing a whole bunch of random plot points with hardly anything to connect them with at us with his character lately, it's hard to make it out clearly.

Ian said on his forum to not jump to conclusions, and a kind of remark like that doesn't make sense in any context to throw away a rather predominantly (okay, I'm using the term lighlty) fleshed out character. It's a "wait and see approach" right now, but right now that's is what Geoffrey said.

CALLED IT!

Seriously, I've been getting quite good at predicting these plot twists lately, I predicted this one ever since #219.

...Does that mean I can overanalyse the subtle, missable hints to the point of seeing things as blatantly predictable? That's a scary thought!

I wonder what our Luchadore is up to in the Off-Panel again?

Probably something awesome, like always. Maybe he is fighting against Naugus. I mean, master of elements and everything, but would you compare that sissy power to a FLYING GORDITO SMASHER?

Let's do an Emerald recap!

GUN: Green, Red

Mogul: White

Naugus: Purple

Eggman: Blue

This leaves the Yellow and Sky emeralds still in the Special Zone. I wonder if we'll be hearing of them soon.

EDIT: misplaced two emeralds. Cocaine is a hell of a drug

I think it was confirmed by Ian that the Chaos Emerald that Team Dark obtained from the Special Zone was supposed to be red, but got miscolored green for whatever reason.

Probably something awesome, like always. Maybe he is fighting against Naugus. I mean, master of elements and everything, but would you compare that sissy power to a FLYING GORDITO SMASHER?

flyinggorditosmasher-1.jpg

Sounds reasonable.

I've been waiting for another time to use this macro.

It's time for some photos! If you're curious about the off-panel, here ya go:

197022_150706551659857_100001615403873_320400_1622123_n.jpg

...and here's the Genesis preview image for this month!

190443_150706594993186_100001615403873_320401_2085390_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't the preview of Genesis the same one as the preview from SU26? "opens up copy" More zoomed out in 123's now that I look. All we saw in SU is Sonic's face and some background. This one has Sonics body and more background.

It's time for some photos! If you're curious about the off-panel, here ya go:

197022_150706551659857_100001615403873_320400_1622123_n.jpg

...and here's the Genesis preview image for this month!

190443_150706594993186_100001615403873_320401_2085390_n.jpg

I knew it...

El Gran Gordo is Eggman's super form.

Wait, Eggman only used one emerald. Then that means...

Eggman has a super form for every emerald.

What happens when he combines all seven then...?

Wario-Man_AMIO.png

Oh, right.

Ring of Honor eh? Eggman better have some insane maneuvers and a love for wrestling to get a deal in that promotion. You also have to stay loyal to the code and shake hands with the opponent before every match. I don't think Eggman is one for chivalry and sportmanship.

Ring of Honor eh? Eggman better have some insane maneuvers and a love for wrestling to get a deal in that promotion. You also have to stay loyal to the code and shake hands with the opponent before every match. I don't think Eggman is one for chivalry and sportmanship.

What ever would give you that idea? ;P