Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Sigh. I really hate how personal people on both sides of the Great Sally Debate make things. You'd think the other person had slept with your mother, run over your dog and stolen your bestest most amazing fancharacter all in one afternoon. I'm all for debate, but things HAVE gotten out of hand over the whole Sally argument, and too many times this thread has become less "Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog" and more "Sally Lovers VS Sally Haters, Round 9,023".

So, you know... chill. Has it been said already (most likely yes)? Then don't repeat it for the twenty-fifth time. Has it not been said (unlikely but possible I suppose)? State it in a calm and rational manner without personal attacks or sarcasm.

To everyone else? PLEASE talk about other things related to the comic so that this thread can be of interest to all Archie Sonic fans and not just those obsessed with the Great Sally Debate.

Thank you and goodnight (;

We're not getting personal, its just a debate nothing more.

...The usual updater isn't here?

Then allow me to fulfil the role that was cruelly (lol no) stolen from me on SoA; spoiling people, courtesy of a user at Bumbleking that miraculously isn't CC14!

1. The issue begins with Silver flying toward Enerjak, yelling at him about ruining the world and sending his Prelate to his zone, and that he will defeat him.

2. Enerjak simply creates a barrier and responds by mocking Silver that he can't even being to fathom or stop him, that following his Prelate to his zone was his mistake, along with aiding the Freedom Fighters.

3. He then knocks Silver away who ends up above a massive all-out brawl between the Freedom Fighters and the Chaotix Prelates.

4. Enerjak, still standing above the fight on a building, reemphasizes that he only let the Freedom Fighters stay alive to entertain himself, but now they're becoming redundant, and thus he began sending his Prelates to find other worlds to conquer.

5. He asks Silver if when he conquers his world, will it have more fun beings to fight?

6. Silver, enraged, uses his powers to lift the roof of the building Enerjak is standing on into the air, mockingly asking if it's "fun," but the demigod simply flies off the rising roof and asks where Silver gets his magnificent powers.

7. Meanwhile Jani-Ca, still fighting Prelate-JS, says she should thank Enerjak for creating the Prelate of her mother, as it has reunited them, not shaken her.

8. A tear in her eye, she tells her mother that she will save her, but then Silver blasts the Prelate with his psychic energy.

9. Jani-Ca furiously shrieks at Silver that she would handle her mother herself, but Silver understands that it's personal for her, and her team needs her, to which she looks back at the deactivated Prelate, its Core gone.

10. The pair jumps back into action, and Silver says he has a plan.

11. Scarlette is trapped by Prelate-V, frantically trying to blast it, to no avail, however Jani-Ca shows up and slices the Prelate with the Sword of Acorns, destroying it.

12. Silver uses his powers to contain the Core so Enerjak can't use it any more.

13. Scarlette and Payback go to fight Prelate-E as Blockbuster and Jani-Ca take Prelate-M, and Dagger and Cutlass take Prelate-R.

14. Prelate-E is destroyed and his Core is added to Silver's "collection."

15. Immediately afterward Blockbuster smashes what is apparently Prelate-M as it releases a red Core, and Silver also seems to have added Prelate-M's Core to his collection as Cutlass laughs at Dagger who is lying on the ground, stunned.

16. Demo, Scarlette, and Payback all destroy Prelates R and S with their lasers.

17. Silver announces that he has the six Cores contained, and Payback asks where he was thirty years ago, but he replies that he wasn't born yet.

18. The time-traveler explains how he's actually from over 100 years in the future--an alternate future.

19. Jani-Ca walks away as Demo asks what she's doing, but she says there's one Prelate left-her mother.

20. Enerjak comments on how strong Jani-Ca is--why does she resist him?

21. Silver takes the final Core of Prelate-JS, and notes how hard this must be for Jani-Ca, but she says they're much closer to saving them all.

22. Dagger asks if it's a good idea to bring the Chaotix back into a devastated world, but Silver responds angrily that he shouldn't think like that, and the walrus simply says the world's a mess, but Silver says his is as well, but they shouldn't stop fighting.

23. He says they're lucky, as they know what the problem is, but he doesn't, as all he has is a vague report of a traitor from 200 years ago, but he still tries his best.

24. Enerjak watches the conversation from above, deep in thought.

25. Silver continues on, still telling them not to give up or wasting their chances, so Dagger says he's made his point already.

26. Blockbuster notices Enerjak and asks what he's waiting for, and Jani-Ca says he sometimes broods and lets the Freedom Fighters leave and continue the fight another day--to which Enerjak claps.

27. Enerjak lands as says the Freedom Fighters haven't been so fun in years, but Silver taunts him because he has the seven Cores.

28. Jani-Ca warns him not to egg him on as he acted like that before he sank Downunda, then yells at the Freedom Fighters to run as Enerjak gets on all fours.

29. Enerjak tells Jani-Ca not to spoil the fun for Silver, as he's something that needs to be experienced, then blasts forward, hitting Silver and releasing the Cores from his telekinetic grip.

30. He grabs Scarlette by the neck, mocks Silver that he has the Cores back, and how he's about to expand his collection.

31. Demo hollers at Enerjak to put her down, and Cutlass yells at him to run, while Dagger adds that Demo's going into "full-blown psycho-mode."

32. Scarlette tells the enraged duck, with a bomb in hand, to run, and Enerjak corrects himself--he's about to get two more addictions.

33. A loud boom is heard with laughter as the five remaining fighters duck into an alley.

34. Jani-Ca tells her Freedom Fighters to leave, and she, Blockbuster, and Silver will take Enerjak, but Silver says they should stay together.

35. Enerjak blasts his way to the Freedom Fighters, and Silver says he'll pay for what he's done, but he smashes Silver into the ground, and beside him are the Cores of Scarlette and Demo.

36. He tells the out-of-commission Silver to wait as he finishes his job.

37. The hedgehog is forced to watch as Enerjak pummels Cutlass, then Dagger, then Payback, adding all their Cores to his collection, leaving only Blockbuster to protect the Guardian.

38. Silver asks himself what his teachers would say, and he imagines Edmund angrily telling him to get up, and Mogul speaking in riddles again about his power.

39. Jani-Ca says she'll do the protecting, and Blockbuster replies that they'll protect each other.

40. Silver tells himself repeatedly to focus as Enerjak shoots a huge blast of Chaos energy at the two remaining Freedom Fighters and takes Blockbuster's Core.

41. Enerjak tells Jani-Ca she's about to be his seventh victim, and she sardonically replies that she's impressed--he can count.

42. Holding the Guardian in the air, Enerjak tells her that her rebelling used to make him sad--he had planned on building a new dynasty with him, Julie-Su, and his daughter, uniting the bloodlines.

43. He says she once went back in time to stop him, and she says it was the wrong timeline, and she wishes Remington had taken care of him.

44. As she smirks at the sight of Silver escaping behind Enerjak's back, the god says she has a lot of power, and how it'll be a waste.

45. Silver breaks free and screams at Enerjak that he isn't finished.

46. He uses his powers to clump several massive pieces of rubble together into a ball, tossing it at a delighted Enerjak, who smashes it easily.

47. Jani-Ca tells Silver how he's amazing, and he tells her to use the Sword of Acorns to drain Enerjak's power after he defeats him.

48. Enerjak thanks Silver and the two rivals fly toward one another.

49. "Thank you, traveler! You're giving this world the flashy send-off it deserves!"

And...disc--oh screw that, I want to make some preliminary observations myself. Unfortunately, they're mostly negative, with some comedic tones here and there.

1. To be fair on this complaint, it only exists due to the solicits. Since we were told in the solicit of SU#28 that everyone else is dead,

the survival of only Silver and Jani-ca should come as a shock to absolutely no one, which kind of dulls the emotional attachment to the other characters.

2. From where I'm standing, this issue appears to be entirely filler. Literally, Silver gets the Chaotix cores, only for Enerjak to get them back with not so much effort. The actual important stuff - that is, the other FFs being reduced to cores and Silver beginning to square off - happen relatively near the end.

3. I'm sensing that a new wave of SilverXJani-Ca shippers may come about as a result of this. Congrats Silver, you get to share shipping duties with a Crocodile hybridised with a...hedgehog...goose...chameleon...actually, maybe he isn't hybridised. Honestly, who is Argyle's other parent now that the timeline has been altered from the original M:XYL?

Still hoping for good things from SU#28!

Edited by VEAM-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

We're not getting personal, its just a debate nothing more.

I dunno, I saw some pretty personal attacks dotted around The-Master-Board's long post(or maybe that was just me). Man, why do all internet arguments always degrade into that sort of thing? ¬¬

• Thumbs Up 2

Well Scourge's one of my favorite villains in the series. If there's someone who can stand up to be a real challenge for Sonic then it's Scourge since they both have equal strength of everything but I'm still not sure about that since Scourge absorbed some of the energy that the Master Emerald has. The only difference they have is their personality which can bring out both of their advantages and disadvantages.

::Glances at sig:: No sir. I do not like Scourge at all. In fact, I don't even know who he-- AWW YEAH. HAIL TO THE KING, BABY! I really can't wait to see him back in action in his upcoming arc >D He's my favourite Archie Sonic character after all. (I do hope we'll get to see the other members of the Suppression Squad either in cameo or in a later story, though... they were awesome too ♥)

Wild thought.

Do you think Archie had any idea of this classic+modern team up SEGA was going to do for the next game or was it just coincidence?

Honestly i think SEGA gave them a few hints as to what they were going to do for the next game so they could prepare a good classic+modern mashup arc along with the announcement of the new sonic game.

Edited by goku262002

@Gouku262002 I think they did dude, in a interview with S.T.C Online Nigel Kitching said he did get some info months before the games camem out to work with, and remember jazwares keeping hush hush about classic sonic figures and then boom! big reveal at toyfair. But lets keep an eye on Sonic's fb page :)

::Glances at sig:: No sir. I do not like Scourge at all. In fact, I don't even know who he-- AWW YEAH. HAIL TO THE KING, BABY! I really can't wait to see him back in action in his upcoming arc >D He's my favourite Archie Sonic character after all. (I do hope we'll get to see the other members of the Suppression Squad either in cameo or in a later story, though... they were awesome too ♥)

Yeah, it's kinda interesting that they shorten his quills in the cover like how they make people bald in jail or so I've heard. xD

God, I saw what you did with Evil Tails and him on LJ. XD

By the way, will any of the past canon characters appear in the reboot?

Yeah, it's kinda interesting that they shorten his quills in the cover like how they make people bald in jail or so I've heard. xD

Ahahaha yeah, the quill-cut XD Poor Scourgey. Also, it'll be cool to see the Zone Cops again, and a closer look at the No Zone. Interesting.

God, I saw what you did with Evil Tails and him on LJ. XD

Oh... ah XD You're probably referring to certain 'art', aren't you? Not mine but my fiancée's (I can't draw), but absolutely sanctioned by me >_>;

Just steering the conversation away from Scourge and co. to a rather different, random observation; the issue selection for comic packs.

On Bumbleking a while back, I made a joke about Jazwares releasing the Sonic/Sally 2-pack, not that I suggested that they would ever make one, with StH #134 (you should know why this is a joke, if you know anything about #134). Reading #138 again? Jazwares has already screwed over Sally.

I mean, no, it's not on the same trolling level as the joke, but looking at the comic, it goes like this; Max has a go at Sally for an unauthorised mission (not that any new readers would know what it was about), Sonic tries to cover up, but Sally fucks his shit for it, saying that she needs someone who doesn't want to be a hero and that it's over between them. Sonic also discusses her irrationale a scene later.

That itself wouldn't be so harmful against the so-called Sonally movement (seriously, who comes up with this stuff?)...if it had the same appeal as the other comic packs. To reflect, the three comic packs before this that were packed with StH #200 (and #207? My memory of it is hazy) were Sonic/Knuckles, Sonic/Metal Sonic and Sonic/Amy. Decent enough, but Sonic is as common as muck, and it was inevitable that easier, cheaper methods of obtaining them would be available later (in Metal Sonic's case, it was also a much more exciting way, what with being paired with Eggman and coming with a pseudo-playset scene).

The #138 comic pack? It's desirable as all hell. For the other packs, you have to search specifically for them. For this pack, you can just enter Vector and Espio into google and it pops up on the first page. People want them because they're of characters who've never had figures before, plus they look cool. You could theoretically get Espio by two other methods now (as a translucent stand-alone or in a second comic pack with Knuckles instead), but why would people go that route when they can get two properly-decorated figures that are both much rarer? To put it simply, for those who otherwise aren't interested in the comics but do like to get merchandise, this will be their first exposure to the basic premise, and it's arguably one of the worst ones to start with for the main relationship. Intentional or not, that is some major trolling.

TL;DR, I've spent five mintues without overanalysing, I need my fix pronto.

Edited by VEAM-F

Copied from my status update;

Is it just me, or does Lara-Su/ Jani-Ca/ Whatever's pose in this panel from SU #26 make absolutely no sense whatsoever?

Archiewhatthehell.png

To me it sort of looks like she has two hands on it but one wasn't colored in. You can see the other cuff of the other glove was colored in red by mistake.

Edited by c227
  • Thumbs Up 1

Copied from my status update;

Is it just me, or does Lara-Su/ Jani-Ca/ Whatever's pose in this panel from SU #26 make absolutely no sense whatsoever?

Archiewhatthehell.png

This is gold.

First off where is her other arm? Second, the motion of the sword does not imply her holding it that way. That position of the thumb is all wrong...

unless....

Her secret is out. She is a space pirate with a botched hand attachment. Chronicles needed this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is she missing a slice of her waist, or does her belt just happen to be the same colour as the background?

...y'know, the Archie-original animal character designs are pretty hit-or-miss for me, but I've always liked the various weird echidna hairstyles. The huge, differently-coloured tufts of fur (and braids, where applicable) really appeal to me for some reason, as does Julie-Su's ridiculous robot dreadlock. If there absolutely had to be more echidnas in the game canon for some reason, I'd actually kind of like it if a few of them borrowed some design cues from Archie.

This is gold.

First off where is her other arm? Second, the motion of the sword does not imply her holding it that way. That position of the thumb is all wrong...

No look....that arm is her left arm and her other arm is behind her head so of course you don't see it. So she pulled the sword out with her right hand and is using her left hand to guide it. The wrist is a little too much turned but it's not that bad. The grey space should be her blue glove and the red thing should be the cuff part. If it wasnt colored wrong it would be easier to tell.

^ I see it now, you're right. Her vest is placed like a bib because she's actually twisting her body to do an over-the-shoulder stab. Her visible hand is her left crossed over, her other arm is probably cocked back behind her head, the glove is visible on the hilt just colored like the wall. The cuff is colored like her face.

Somebody tell that to Payback Fox, the poor dear looks confused at her friend's anatomy, herself.

No look....that arm is her left arm and her other arm is behind her head so of course you don't see it. So she pulled the sword out with her right hand and is using her left hand to guide it. The wrist is a little too much turned but it's not that bad. The grey space should be her blue glove and the red thing should be the cuff part. If it wasnt colored wrong it would be easier to tell.

Here's SU #30's cover! (description should be up later)

su30600.jpg

Looks like some of us were right--the Destructix are indeed involved in this arc!

Wait, what? Fiona and the Destructix are Scourge's "unlikely allies"? They're pretty much his most likely allies, aren't they? Shame, I kinda hoped for something more interesting and less predictable...