Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Ian Flynn pretty much has one issue left to sort out the Geoff situation. Unless he does I'm gonna consider that another derailment under his pen.

American comic book store publication Comic Shop News listed Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog series of comics as the number one all ages comic in a top ten list. The series beat out The Simpsons Comics and Archie. Pretty impressive to see Sonic beat out Bart Simpson and Archie! Comic Shop News is a free publication, so this is a great bit of free press for the series.

33on13q.jpg

Here's the cover of the issue containing the list:

292mjah.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like all those Heroes couldn't hide their rage/disappointment towards Sonic claiming that top spot. :P

Does it say how they determined that ranking though, like whether it's just one review or a public poll or something? No matter the case though this'll defintely be at least a small boost of publicity for both the comic book and the general franchise, which is always a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ian Flynn pretty much has one issue left to sort out the Geoff situation. Unless he does I'm gonna consider that another derailment under his pen.

... Ooooor you can just wait for Ian to explain it when he wants to. You can't just decide it's derailment because you can't wait for an explanation.

It's like when people immediately claimed Bill turning evil and becoming a DEL Grandmaster was out of character. Yes, we got an explanation for that the very next issue, but still...

Edited by Immortheus

... Ooooor you can just wait for Ian to explain it when he wants to. You can't just decide it's derailment because you can't wait for an explanation.

Nah I'm pretty sure I can decide it's derailment. It's got nothing to do with waiting, you can only go so far with a plot before it becomes undo-able, this is not like Bill at all.

EDIT: On second thought, ignore this post. If you think this is derailment for Geoff, that's fine; we shall see when all is revealed.

Edited by Immortheus

Youu know reading the new issue I really don't get why people think Sonic is a "Puppet" of the Acorn kingdom he straight up disobey's Elies and argues with the councile because he doesn't agree with them he was extremly close to turning traitor all so he could save the day.

Just because Archie Sonic lives in a kingdom doesn't make him any less of a free spirit the comic has proved several times if Sonic doesn't agree with them he'll do what he wants he wouldn't have went to fight Scourge at Freedom HQ if he was a "Puppet".

That's because he isn't a puppet and it's just a silly strawman argument people who hate Sally use in order to make people think less of her for supposedly turning Sonic into a "puppet" of the kingdom.

• Bad Quality Post 1

That's because he isn't a puppet and it's just a silly strawman argument people who hate Sally use in order to make people think less of her for supposedly turning Sonic into a "puppet" of the kingdom.

People wouldn't be arguing so hard if it wasn't true.

That's a silly argument if ever I heard one. So just because people argue hard in favor of it, it must be true? :lol:

Pretty sure a lot of people argue that global warming doesn't exist, yet the world seems to be getting pretty F*#@ed up!

I might argue strongly that your head is made of tacos, I guess it's also true then!

People wouldn't keep arguing back so hard if it WAS true.

In other words, that's as weak an argument as "(Insert holy book here) is the absolute truth because it says so and lots of people believe it and that is proof". You need a better argument than that.

Not saying I personally agree or disagree with the statement about Sonic (my own view is that he IS more manipulated than I would like, but at the same time I think he's aware of that and does his best to do things his way when he can. I don't think it is Sally's fault, either, but rather the fault of an archaic and ever-more irrelevant monarchical system that she's unfortunately tied into).

But either way, you need a stronger case than "people have a passionate opinion and therefore are right".

Why? is there a time limit?

People wouldn't keep arguing back so hard if it WAS true.

In other words, that's as weak an argument as "(Insert holy book here) is the absolute truth because it says so and lots of people believe it and that is proof". You need a better argument than that.

Not saying I personally agree or disagree with the statement about Sonic (my own view is that he IS more manipulated than I would like, but at the same time I think he's aware of that and does his best to do things his way when he can. I don't think it is Sally's fault, either, but rather the fault of an archaic and ever-more irrelevant monarchical system that she's unfortunately tied into).

But either way, you need a stronger case than "people have a passionate opinion and therefore are right".

Ok let me word it better.

I've seen a lot of people rant and rant about Sonic in the comic, and while I personally don't agree fully, but something must be wrong if it causes people to make walls of text about it.

Really to me Sonic seems more like a guided missile, and I don't blame Sally,but at the same time the only person Sonic ever seems to confide into is Sally, that's all I'm saying.

Why? Is there a time limit for sorting out plot points?

• Thumbs Up 1

Issue #226 is Genesis if you didn't figure out what I meant by that. And yeah, it makes less sense to resolve a plot after the fact.

Genesis is only 4 issues. Afterwards the comic will pick right back up where it left off.

But Genesis is changing things up. It'll be a while before we get back to this. It means changes are probably permanent. I don't feel bad for thinking it's a crap choice.

But Genesis is changing things up.

Temporarily. It will only last 4 issues. Then we will get back to business as usual.

It'll be a while before we get back to this.

This plot point has been going on since 219. I'm sure it will be explained, after the little break.

It means changes are probably permanent.

Helped to revitalize the character and take him out of obscurity. Ian has hinted that this is going to be a long story involving Geoffrey St. Jerk. I remembered that he mentioned that this story was going to be about 30 or so issues long from it's starting point in 219. So 6 issues out of 30+. This is just the beginning.

Edited by The Illustrious Q

I took statements like that to mean this Death Egg arc will last into the next anniversary at #250, not this current story. I guess I'm disappointed that this is a permanent change to the character, and the in-book explanation is "It's your fault you didn't pay enough attention".

Well after reading my issue today, it's seems the "life hanging in the balance/going to die" character is now possibly more favorable, NICOLE.

I mean look at the panels with her in them and the fact that Nagus's crystalize of the Nanties, falt out killed them.

Makes you think, huh.

Edited by bwrosas

I'll be very sad if NICOLE dies... I love her design and she's an interesting character. But can an AI really 'die'? Surely she's backed up and can be restored, even if her ability to physically manifest is destroyed. Besides, NICOLE's been around since SatAM. She's so inoffensive that I can't think of any reason to write her out of the comics.

Some have speculated that only her holographic form will die, possibly with her enhanced emotional experience dying with it. Either way, it would be a fate worse than death from her friends' perspective.

I don't want NICOLE to die either, though, I'll be sad too. :(

Some have speculated that only her holographic form will die, possibly with her enhanced emotional experience dying with it. Either way, it would be a fate worse than death from her friends' perspective.

I don't want NICOLE to die either, though, I'll be sad too. :(

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I took statements like that to mean this Death Egg arc will last into the next anniversary at #250, not this current story. I guess I'm disappointed that this is a permanent change to the character, and the in-book explanation is "It's your fault you didn't pay enough attention".

Here's a crazy thought just wait and read the dang book how's that for an idea.

Edited by SBR2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Um, well, tht sort of counter-acts against speculating things. He could be jumping the gun early, but then he may not. We can't be sure until the solicit for StH#230 come out in, say, two and a half months time, maybe? Until then, we can only speculate.