Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Um, well, tht sort of counter-acts against speculating things. He could be jumping the gun early, but then he may not. We can't be sure until the solicit for StH#230 come out in, say, two and a half months time, maybe? Until then, we can only speculate.

But what I'm reading there is "Welp Ian done screwed up Sonic Comics forever" I just can not stand that additude there's nothing wrong with speculating but straight up saying a story that isn't even published yet suck's just bug's the crap out of me.

...What?

He just said he didn't like the characterisation of Geoff, didn't he?

Hum, no one's done this yet.

Behold, the preview for SU#28, the finale of the Silver Arc!

SU28-0.jpg

SU28-1.jpg

SU28-2.jpg

SU28-3.jpg

SU28-4.jpg

SU28-6.jpg

Edited by VEDJ-F

I wish they did put more detail into Enerjak island-punching Silver. It was hard to tell what happened until the next panel when Silver just explained what happened.

I know there's a TV Trope for that out there somewhere based on that style of explanation...

I wish they did put more detail into Enerjak island-punching Silver. It was hard to tell what happened until the next panel when Silver just explained what happened.

I know there's a TV Trope for that out there somewhere based on that style of explanation...

See this is why I dislike this arc, I mean I like Silver and all and even though I don't really care for an alternate dark world (as I'd rather see Silver's own apocalyptic world) this arc could've had some pretty awesome looking fight scenes. I don't know who this artist is, but I don't care for their work.

This was a topic I'd been meaning to bring up ages ago but I got derailed defending Sally from all the unjust hate. The artwork just sucks.

Look back at #219 and the Sonic Vs Bunnie fight; that was epic! And it was just two Freedom Fighters having a fake fight! The fights in this Silver arc are between a Demi-God and a dude with serious telekinisis powers, yet all they degrade to is one guy surrounded by glowing green blasting another guy surrounded by glowing light blue.......the fights lack any interest. Look at what's going on in the main series, those are some well drawn out fights, great angles, great thought put into what is going on, really drawn well so the reader gets a sense of what is happening in all the action. Silver just smashed Enerjak's face through a statue and in return he just punched Silver ewith an island yet I find myself yawning.

Treasure Team Tango was a great arc storywise, but the only reason I liked it so much was due to the characters and the story, the artwork was NOT well drawn at all, and really I was dissapointed. I won't be sad to see this arc over, but if this artist continues then I guess the next arc will be pretty boring too.

I love what's going on in the main series though, and the art too, well the inside art. Covers will be better in a few issues when Spaz is onboard! I lol'd at myself the other day when I was reading #223 as at the end when I saw Sonic with the swrod I was like "Oh wow cool" then my inner voice yelled "HYPOCRITE" because I hate SatBK so much......then again that game sucked for a whole lot of other reasons besides Sonic with a sword.

No offense but......I can't stand Silver's bad puns. I think it's nice that we get to see Silver do some things with his powers that we normally don't see (Giant Telekinetic Fist of Stone anyone?). But Silver has got to come up with some better jokes.

Silver: Ha! How do you like that?! I busted that statue's ugly face with your ugly face!

Me: *facepalm*

• Thumbs Up 1

No offense but......I can't stand Silver's bad puns. I think it's nice that we get to see Silver do some things with his powers that we normally don't see (Giant Telekinetic Fist of Stone anyone?). But Silver has got to come up with some better jokes.

Silver: Ha! How do you like that?! I busted that statue's ugly face with your ugly face!

I was rather fond of that line.... :mellow:

Unless they plan on doing something particularly interesting with the Enerjak concept in the future, I think I'm content with it not being used ever again.

Unless they plan on doing something particularly interesting with the Enerjak concept in the future, I think I'm content with it not being used ever again.

*I buy comics in bulk so I have yet to read the latest saga*

Finitivous dropped a bomb on that front during the Knuckles Universe arc, so there is certainly some treads left on that tire.

If I recall correctly, he implied that there has always been an Enerjak throughout the ages (before Demetri) and even went so far as to connect Aurora to said origins.

I want to know more about that down the line.

• Thumbs Up 2

Going by the blogs, this Knuckles' descent into Enerjak predates Finitevus.

You guys forgot it was free comic book day huh?

If not, anybody get the FCBD issue?

Nowhere around here to get the free book either ):

I know, I just meant that I knew about it but couldn't get a comic. :P

You guys forgot it was free comic book day huh?

If not, anybody get the FCBD issue?

Yeah, I got it. I'll just copy/paste my review from another board.

The story and art is definitely a step up from the small amount of scans I saw of the original issue. Steven Butler was also a lot better this issue than any of his recent stories on STH. Might be attributed the the new colorist and inker that seemed to work better with his work, maybe. Also, new letter as well.

The story itself was alright, though. Nothing to write home about, just a fight against Naugus. Sonic ends up tricking him to the pile of rings that was behind him and ends up transforming into Ultra Sonic (the same one when they fought here last time) and sends Naugus back to the Zone of Silence. Seems to be all in a flashback, with the current stuff taking place between 224 and 225 as Sonic reminisces on his recent adventures for the new readers to catch up on.

There was also some character bios, including: Sonic, Ixis Naugus, Eggman, and the Freedom Fighters then and now; there is some retconing of a few things in order for some of the old material to make better sense. Finally some pin up of some guy named Evan S., I think.

Overall I liked it.

The whole idea behind Enerjak is interesting enough to bring to the games if you ask me. It could give Knuckles more use and character to him.

In fact, I'm going to write this idea down for future debates...

The whole idea behind Enerjak is interesting enough to bring to the games if you ask me. It could give Knuckles more use and character to him.

In fact, I'm going to write this idea down for future debates...

Eh, Enerjak kinda bores me. Personally I'd much rather see Finitevus appear in the games as a Knuckles villain.

And yes the FCBD issue was pretty awesome. More of a retelling of an old story, but I guess they couldn't really put anything substantial in because this is nestled right between #224 and #225 and if regular series readers who don't get the FCBD issue were to miss out on part of the story it wouldn't be a good idea. The way they did it expands a little while still not being necessary for readers to have read from #224 to #225.

Loving the art and the apparent "Death Egg Launch" saga which spans #224, FCBD, and #225.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Yeah, I got it. I'll just copy/paste my review from another board.

The story and art is definitely a step up from the small amount of scans I saw of the original issue. Steven Butler was also a lot better this issue than any of his recent stories on STH. Might be attributed the the new colorist and inker that seemed to work better with his work, maybe. Also, new letter as well.

The story itself was alright, though. Nothing to write home about, just a fight against Naugus. Sonic ends up tricking him to the pile of rings that was behind him and ends up transforming into Ultra Sonic (the same one when they fought here last time) and sends Naugus back to the Zone of Silence. Seems to be all in a flashback, with the current stuff taking place between 224 and 225 as Sonic reminisces on his recent adventures for the new readers to catch up on.

There was also some character bios, including: Sonic, Ixis Naugus, Eggman, and the Freedom Fighters then and now; there is some retconing of a few things in order for some of the old material to make better sense. Finally some pin up of some guy named Evan S., I think.

Overall I liked it.

So, I'm going back and reading the comics from the very earliest issues. That being said, which of the early comics are actually canon? I know there were tons of retcons as the series became more like SatAM.

So, I'm going back and reading the comics from the very earliest issues. That being said, which of the early comics are actually canon? I know there were tons of retcons as the series became more like SatAM.

I wouldn't call any of them "retcons" per se, but the style and tone of the stories change some time during the 20's and makes some of the earlier stuff seem more kiddish; at least compared to those issues -- but that still doesn't make those stories non-canon. All they did was word them slightly "better" if they were ever referenced again.