Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Eh, Enerjak kinda bores me.

I'm merely talking about the idea of making Knuckles a godlike force to be reckoned, not Enerjak himself. That stays strictly within the comics.

Personally I'd much rather see Finitevus appear in the games as a Knuckles villain.

The closest you're ever going to get is with Imperator Ix.

I'm merely talking about the idea of making Knuckles a godlike force to be reckoned,
Blech. That's not a good way to make a character interesting, it's a desperate last resort that leaves you with nowhere else to go.
  • Thumbs Up 2

The whole idea behind Enerjak is interesting enough to bring to the games if you ask me. It could give Knuckles more use and character to him.

I hate that idea with a passion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just subscribed to the comics for the first time in 11 years! To get the Genesis issues of course. Do y'all think I'll get #225 at this point? I don't want to miss it. B)

I'm merely talking about the idea of making Knuckles a godlike force to be reckoned, not Enerjak himself. That stays strictly within the comics.

Oh I thought you meant as an enemy for Knuckles to fight.......well this actually sounds even more boring!

What benefit would this be to the games? I can't really see it being any fun, playing as a godlike force would get mighty boring mighty quick and serve the storyline a rather big blow as what do you do with the story then?

I'd much rather have Dr.Finitevus, retcon him for the games as some ancient magician to the old tribe ancestors of Knuckles who turned on them and have him reawakened as a mummified looking villain for a Knuckles game. Think big Sandbox Angel Island world with all the levels from Sonic 3 & K for Knux to glide, dig, climb and beat up dudes in.

Finitevus really is a cool villain to have cuz he's really the opposite to Knuckles; whilst Knux is a formidable powerhouse force, Finitevus uses techniques that all involve using the enemies strength agianst them, their allies against them, with the use of his warp rings he'd make for a really interesting fight. If Knuckles could actually get any physical hits in I'm sure Finitevus would be down. Also Knuckles, as we know, isn't the smartest cookie and Fintevus is cunning. I'd love to see that mix (and some Chaotix cameos) in a huge open world game set on Angel Island! It's pretty much been my dream to return there (properly not SA1) ever since playing S3&K, so with Sonic Generations coming hopefully that wish will come true!

The closest you're ever going to get is with Imperator Ix.

maybe, but I tend to thnk of that game as uncanon and could really forget about anything that happened in it besides Shade the Echidna. Imperator Ix was pretty lame and has nothing on the levels of awesome Finitevus could bring to a game.

I don't know if CSS is suggesting this, but I imagined Knuckles as Enerjak to be the villain of a game. I wouldn't mind seeing an unfriendly Knux again at all.

That being said, which of the early comics are actually canon?

Ian Flynn considers them all half-canon from what I understand. There were some issues of importance back then though, #3 was the story where they rescue Bunnie, #4 was the first Super Sonic appearance, #11 was the first Evil Sonic, and #13 was the first time Sonic and Tails encounter Knuckles. Read those at least if you're skipping the rest.

I consider the continuity to start when Sally gets Nicole, starting in the #17 side story. The comic is somewhat silly then, but with a definite direction to it.

Edited by Dabnikz

I don't know if CSS is suggesting this, but I imagined Knuckles as Enerjak to be the villain of a game. I wouldn't mind seeing an unfriendly Knux again at all.

True, and I hope we get an unfriendly Knuckles fight in Sonic Generations for good old times, but I really can't see the fun in a game with a overly powered Knuckles to fight against?

First you have to explain it and then afterwards Knuckles story goes where? It's essentially a last resort in writing for the character because what does he do after he's been some god?

Plus why would playing agianst that be fun? There's a point where too powerful become boring.

Edited by The-Master-Board

^ The way I see it, Knuckles possessed by a god is more interesting than:

1) God from inside the Emerald.

2) Revenge from 50 years ago.

3) Revenge from a robot who turns into a dragon.

4) Aliens who are also your daddy.

5) Shadow monster and fire monster who when combined become a time monster.

6) Earth deity awakened from the core.

Well I guess some of those do sound pretty cool. But I am all down with the possession scenario, I think that's kinda cool. With all that faux Mayan-Egyptian stuff Knuckles had going on in the games you could easily invent something about how Enerjak came to be. It's more about seeing a bad Knuckles again and revisiting Angel Island stuff.

^ The way I see it, Knuckles possessed by a god is more interesting than:

1) God from inside the Emerald.

2) Revenge from 50 years ago.

3) Revenge from a robot who turns into a dragon.

4) Aliens who are also your daddy.

5) Shadow monster and fire monster who when combined become a time monster.

6) Earth deity awakened from the core.

Well I guess some of those do sound pretty cool. But I am all down with the possession scenario, I think that's kinda cool. With all that faux Mayan-Egyptian stuff Knuckles had going on in the games you could easily invent something about how Enerjak came to be. It's more about seeing a bad Knuckles again and revisiting Angel Island stuff.

I'll agree with 4,5 & 6, but Chaos was pretty unique back in the day, I love a good conspiracy story and Sonic Heroes is my favourite 3D game to date and I gotta give props to Metal Sonic in all his badassery.

Personally I've always found Enerjak boring, I guess these days he's been brought more into the spotlight but I still find him boring.

Dr.Fintevus has been a standout villain in the comic series for me in terms of Knuckles villains and being interesting.

Fair enough, I'll agree the Adventure games had strong stories. I like the twist of a friend being turned though, I wish it went somewhere in Colors with the mind-controlled Tails. Not that I think any of these ideas will be used by Sega, I'm just playing with ideas here.

Fair enough, I'll agree the Adventure games had strong stories. I like the twist of a friend being turned though, I wish it went somewhere in Colors with the mind-controlled Tails. Not that I think any of these ideas will be used by Sega, I'm just playing with ideas here.

Technically, the mind cotrol idea's been used in the games twice before Colours.

The first time was in Sonic Pinball Party...yeah, shows how much SEGA like the idea.

<_<

The second time was in Sonic Rivals 2, which was technically Backbone but whatever. Funnily enough, Knuckles could be possessed there (if playing as Rouge, mind).

Pretty much the same feeling here. The art saved what was otherwise a mediocre story.

Have you ever seen the first version of this issue?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1FnVdNVZMs

It wasn't that great to begin with. If anything, the FCBD re-write did it justice.

Edited by goku262002

^ Lol, what a great issue to get mention in. I like how the new version explains that Sonic opens the Zone of Silence with the ring stash, it's like how any old special stage entrance requires a batch of rings. Also what was that about Naugus fusing the Zone of Silence to Mobius? Is that some kind of hint for why Genesis is all loopy and game-zoned out?

Yeah, exactly that.

I can't really see it being any fun, playing as a godlike force would get mighty boring mighty quick and serve the storyline a rather big blow as what do you do with the story then?

The game Prototype would like to have a word with you. The sheer amount of destruction you could cause by yourself can last you a long time, and they're coming up with a sequel that takes it even further beyond the impossible than the first one did.

The only reason playing as a godlike force gets boring is when the opposition is a complete joke, which the simple solution would be to have something actually pose a challenge to the force you playing as.

But, I'm not really on the subject of playing as a godlike force in this game...yet.

True, and I hope we get an unfriendly Knuckles fight in Sonic Generations for good old times, but I really can't see the fun in a game with a overly powered Knuckles to fight against?

Considering the overly powered Monsters we've had in the past decade, this is pretty mild.

First you have to explain it and then afterwards Knuckles story goes where? It's essentially a last resort in writing for the character because what does he do after he's been some god?

To explain it: Knuckles uses the Master Emerald's power to stop a catastrophe. Said power is used too much by the character, and it winds up warping his mind.

As for the story: Knuckles causes havoc for the hell of it or because he feels a need to protect the world himself. The entire point of the story is practically stopping him by sapping the power out of him, and such a plot can actually go anywhere. I actually had an idea to use both Knuckles and Shadow as the godlike villains to fight against.

Plus why would playing agianst that be fun? There's a point where too powerful become boring.

Because punching out cthulhu is epic, that's how. It's all in the writing, and it isn't boring by the concept alone.

Also what was that about Naugus fusing the Zone of Silence to Mobius? Is that some kind of hint for why Genesis is all loopy and game-zoned out?

Eh? That had always been Naugus' plan back in the day.

I'am still waiting for Ian to make Shadow the Chaos Force incarnate and become greter than the Echidna's and Mongul in terms of chaos power.

I'am still waiting for Ian to make Shadow the Chaos Force incarnate and become greter than the Echidna's and Mongul in terms of chaos power.

That sounds...very fanboyish to me.

Sounds very Spider-Manish to me actually (spidey absorbing the enigma force and becoming all powerful)

Just got my copy of SU #28 in the mail! Expect my usual summary once I'm done reading it. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Since when? It's been more than a year since I read the Naugus issues, but I don't remember this ever.

Since the Naugus Trilogy. Go re-read it.

Summary time! :)

1.The issue begins with Lara-Su/Jani-Ca laying the bodies of her coreless friends on the ground.

2.She swears she will restore them once she takes back Enerjak's power with the Sword.

3.Silver and Enerjak are still going at it. Silver tries to toss some buildings at Enerjak, but he just uses his power to reduce them to rubble.

4.Enerjak charges at Silver, but Silver uses his powers to redirect him and smash him through the head of his own statue.

5."Hmph. I was rather fond of that statue."

6.Enerjak retalliates by using his powers to move the entire island up, causing it to smash into Silver.

7."D-did you just hit me with the island?!"

8."Honestly, traveler, if using the others' cores to make my Prelate army offends you so much..."

9.Enerjak summons a massive army of Prelates using the cores of several Mobians. Among this army are Prelate versions of Shadow, Tails, Sgt. Simian, Sally, Amy, Finitevus, Rouge, Jet, Monkey Khan, Dulcy, Bivalve (lol), The Chaotix, and others.

10."Then THIS must drive you crazy! HA HA HA HA HA!"

11.Every Prelate focuses their laser fire on Silver. Silver blocks the blasts with a large piece of rubble.

12."So many cores...so many heroes..."

13.A Prelate version of Bean/Demo lunges at Silver, but Jani-Ca arrives and slashes at it with the Sword.

14.Jani-Ca says that she'll handle the Prelates while Silver fights Enerjak.

15."You're okay with fighting them? You know who these Mobians used to be?!"

16."The Prelates feel no pain. They don't think, feel, or live...and can't be brought back to life without our help!"

17.Silver says that he understands and uses his powers to force the Prelates back so Jani-Ca can take it from here. (There's also a cameo from Prelate Big on this page! ^_^)

18."I'll handle these Prelates! Bring him down!"

19."As long as you're sure..."

20."Go!"

21.Silver flies at Enerjak and traps him in a forcefield. He drags Enerjak using his powers while he is trapped.

22."Hit me with the island, huh? Well, let's see how YOU like it!"

23.Silver drags Enerjak clear across the island until he is floating beside it. He smacks Enerjak into the island using his powers.

24.Silver at first laughs at his maneuver, but then thinks that maybe he went too far.

25."D-did...Did I really think I could do this to the traitor? He was evil. As evil as they come. But...oh, man...the master warned me about letting my power go out of control..."

26.While Silver is questioning his own actions, Enerjak approaches behind him and grasps his neck with his claws.

27."I think you scuffed my helmet. How rude."

28.Enerjak slams Silver into the ground in an explosion of green energy. Jani-Ca notices this from far away.

29.Silver rubs his head as he rests in a crater caused by Enerjak's attack.

30."Poor little traveler...You crossed time and space just to lose your life. But then, what can you expect when pitted against the ultimate power in the universe? You fought well, traveler, but it's time to end this. Your world will fall to me, and then another, and another."

31.Enerjak uses his powers to envelop Silver in chaos energy.

32."Submit! Your powers cannot compete with chaos energy! You're not strong enough, cunning enough, or skilled enough to stand against me!"

33.Silver realizes something and the words of both Mogul and Edmund come back to him.

34."I've been going about this the wrong way...I've been trying to beat you at your own game. Trying to match power for power. Thinking like a megalomaniac."

35.Silver uses his powers to repel and control Enerjak's chaos energy.

36."But I can't. Nothing can top your level of power. So I'll let you do it for me, and turn that power against you!"

37.Silver forces Enerjak's own energy back at him, sending him flying.

38."Augh!"

39.Enerjak tries to attack again.

40."You think you're so clever! I triumphed over Super Sonic!"

41."Yeah, sure, whatever. Two super-powered beings whaling on each other..."

42.Silver whips up a vortex with his powers and sends Enerjak's chaos energy right back at him again.

43."I'm done with that "tactic." Catch!"

44.Enerjak is once again weakened by the blast.

45."Aw, you dropped it. I bet it's been a long time since you've felt pain, huh?"

46.Enerjak manifests several chaos spears and sends them at Silver.

47."Don't preach to me, boy! I brought this entire chaotic world into order!"

48.Predictably, Silver counters by reversing his attack.

49."You ruined everything for everyone. And now you're going to answer for it!"

50.Enerjak is once again impacted by his own attack.

51."I don't suppose this has shown you the error of your ways? It's not too late. You CAN still fix some of the damage you caused."

52."The only mistake I've made today was not crushing you sooner!"

53.Enerjak tries to lunge at Silver, but Jani-Ca arrives with Sword in tow.

54.Enerjak is frozen in his tracks by the Sword's magic.

55.Jani-Ca begins the process of draining Enerjak's power.

56."The servers were the seven chaos! Chaos is power enriched by the heart! The server existed to unify the chaos! By these powers, I take back all you have claimed as your own!"

57.A flash of pink energy erupts from the Sword. When the light clears, Silver is shocked to see Jani-Ca in her own form of the Enerjak armor.

58."Don't tell me I did all this just for you to go super villain?"

59.Jani-Ca removes her Enerjak mask.

60."N-No...I didn't think this would happen..."

61."Well, then...You have all of his powers. What will you do with them?"

62."First...let me see if I can..."

63.Jani-Ca is delighted to see that she has the power to summon the cores stolen by Enerjak when her mother's appears in her hand.

64."I took back the cores! This is my mother's! I can restore everyone!"

65."Cool. But what about him?"

66.Silver points to what remains of the former Enerjak. An extremely aged version of Knuckles with a cybernetic eye.

67."Lara, dear. Or whichever you prefer. *KOFF!* You've rescued me! The madness left with...with the power, yes."

68."*KOFF!-KOFF!* B-But you took a little too much. If I could just have a little back...? Just to get back on my *KOFF!* feet and...help you. Help you rebuild! Yesssss..."

69."As for him..."

70.Jani-Ca lifts the Sword high into the air above the former Enerjak and crashes it down, breaking it into pieces.

71."...He will never touch this power again!"

72."NO!"

73."I have so much power now, Silver! I can revive everyone from their cores! I can clean up the planet!"

74."And then?"

75."Then I return the Chaos Emeralds, and we'll rebuild. I will not waste this chance to make things right, you have my word as Guardian."

76."I'll keep you to that! After all, I know where you live!"

77.Jani-Ca offers Silver some assistance in fixing up his own world, but Silver says that she has her own world to save and he doesn't even know what went wrong with his.

78."Fair enough. I won't be Enerjak for much longer. Thank you, Silver."

79."My pleasure."

80."And who knows? After the world is healed, maybe I can even restore...my father."

81."Good luck with that. And your world!"

82."And to you, Silver!"

83.Silver uses a Time Portal to make his exit.

84.Back in Silver's time/world, Silver arrives back home just seconds after he left chasing after the Prelate thanks to the time travel. His sudden reappearance startles Edmund.

85."Guardian! Do you remember me?"

86."Yes. Yes I do. You just left a second ago!"

87."Just a second...? Right. Time travel. Are you free tomorrow, sir?"

88."Well...yes. Why?"

89."Because I want you to teach me more. I still have a lot to learn...and there are other worlds counting on me."

90.Elsewhere, Zone cops Zonic and Zector are driving to Zone prison.

91."Another Zone breach, sir?"

92."More than a breach...and it's coming from the Prime Zone."

93."Why are we transporting prisoners, sir? Shouldn't we be investigating?"

94."Because a certain handful we just picked up could cause major problems, even in jail. We'll check out the Prime Zone after I warn the warden. Things could get ugly in there."

95.Cut to a shot of Scourge (With newly trimmed spines!) peering at the Zone cops' transport from behind a barbwire fence.

Reading is one thing, but I'm seriously missing a lot if I'm not seeing the pictures. Still interesting.

Especially the part with Silver redirecting Chaos Energy. If he ever does that in the game, then he'll usurp the title as the most overpowered character that Shadow receives from those who are critical about him.

The game Prototype would like to have a word with you. The sheer amount of destruction you could cause by yourself can last you a long time, and they're coming up with a sequel that takes it even further beyond the impossible than the first one did.