Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I thought the preview wasn't supposed to come out until Wednesday?

Either way, sweet... I like Sonic's comment on Ixis Naugus. "Its gotta be an act. He can't REALLY be that creepy!"

I also like Geoffrey's comment about Amy, too... xD

EDIT: Crap... added spoilers. :P

Edited by UltimaHedgie

Why's that?

It's beautiful artwork. I always love seeing Tracy's art colored by Matt's colors.

I have to agree with that sentiment. The combind talents of those two certainly paints (or colours, as the situation is :P) a pretty picture.

I'm also interested to see how this story unfolds, though Naugus already seems to be off to a good start with his whole routine of "protecting his kingdom". :P

I'm currently working on my summary of #225, but in the meantime, here are some photos to appetize you with:

227137_162287837168395_100001615403873_402635_2810417_n.jpg

230745_162287707168408_100001615403873_402630_4727487_n.jpg

228001_162287783835067_100001615403873_402632_1027160_n.jpg

222938_162287870501725_100001615403873_402636_5152921_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

So? Sally does bite the big one or at least appear to do so? If the writers blatant favoritism towards her is anything to go by, she'll still be alive and kicking by the end of the issue or at least within a few issues or she'll just be injured.

I personally am not a fan of cheap deaths that don't stick. Didn't Ian say on a number of occasions that death = permanent death? If that is truly the case, then I really really can't see Sally being fatally injured and permanently dying because she's a staple character that also happens to be a favourite.

If she does in fact die, then I can already hear the wooping of the SonAmy fanbrats and Sally haters -_-;;

It's beautiful artwork. I always love seeing Tracy's art colored by Matt's colors.

So? Sally does bite the big one or at least appear to do so? If the writers blatant favoritism towards her is anything to go by, she'll still be alive and kicking by the end of the issue or at least within a few issues or she'll just be injured.

I bet it is nothing. I mean come on. It can't be as monumentous as everyone is making it out to be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Honestly...

I hope she does die. I doubt she will but seriously...

20 bucks saids it's a disney death. I'm calling it NOW. Remember there's still 4 issues to go too. REWRITES extreme.... BLAM BLAM BLAM. ( Is it bad I've been saying that WHILE listening to a song that beats, just a little lovin'??? )

Edited by lamontraccoon

I personally am not a fan of cheap deaths that don't stick. Didn't Ian say on a number of occasions that death = permanent death? If that is truly the case, then I really really can't see Sally being fatally injured and permanently dying because she's a staple character that also happens to be a favourite.

If she does in fact die, then I can already hear the wooping of the SonAmy fanbrats and Sally haters -_-;;

As a Sally fan, I do not like the prospect of her dying, especially in such a cheap way.

:(
  • Thumbs Up 1

There was a preview for Genesis some time ago with someone on the Archie team said that "someone's life will hang in the balance," or something close to that. So I doubt that this person has actually "died" just yet.

If it was Sally, I don't know what to make of it. Of all the original six freedom fighters, she was always the least interesting to me and not a single writer sans Gallagher have ever wrote her where I cared for her that much at all. I wouldn't mind if this "death" will have complications for her overall character and reworks her, because at her current state, she will still be my least favorite FF.

There was a preview for Genesis some time ago with someone on the Archie team said that "someone's life will hang in the balance," or something close to that. So I doubt that this person has actually "died" just yet.

If it was Sally, I don't know what to make of it. Of all the original six freedom fighters, she was always the least interesting to me and not a single writer sans Gallagher have ever wrote her where I cared for her that much at all. I wouldn't mind if this "death" will have complications for her overall character and reworks her, because at her current state, she will still be my least favorite FF.

Here's two possible scenarios I wouldn't mind/would really like to come through all of this.

Sally dies. Sonic begins to steer away from relationships all-together, ultimately destroying the hopes of SonAmy fans, as well. I like SonAmy, but I'm not all mushy-gushy over it, nor do I think that this should be used as an excuse to get Sonic away from Sally... and into the arms of ANOTHER girl.

Here's two possible scenarios I wouldn't mind/would really like to come through all of this.

Sally dies. Sonic begins to steer away from relationships all-together, ultimately destroying the hopes of SonAmy fans, as well. I like SonAmy, but I'm not all mushy-gushy over it, nor do I think that this should be used as an excuse to get Sonic away from Sally... and into the arms of ANOTHER girl.

Second...

Sally lives, but something happens that changes her role, she's not such a Mary-Sue, Sonic and Sally aren't all mushy-gushy over each other, and she has a serious rework of character. I honestly think this is the mostlikely situation. I don't like Sally, but if she's gets a serious makeover, this probably would be the best situation... that way both Sonic fans and haters should, hopefully, be happy--she's not dead, but she also isn't so imposing, and Sonic isn't constantly distracted with a romance.

Broken goggles? I totally call soap opera death. I might believe it if it were a body part, or even one of her boots that was all charred, frayed, and crispy. But goggles that's she's only started sporting this issue? C'mon.

If it's resolved anything close to Endgame's cheap revival of the her I'll be mighty ticked, and that's putting it lightly.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Seeing as how Sally is the most popular of the Satam characters, I doubt that Ian will kill her off(or keep her dead).

If he does decide to kill Sally off for good, then what will happen to the other Satam characters? Will Archie slowly start to phase them out of the storyline? I'd hate for the book to get rid of the Satam characters since I like them better then most of the game characters.

Edited by Darkfox

I really, truly hope that Sally isn't dead. But honestly if she doesn't die, then this whole shattering event basically doesn't matter...unless something even more extreme happens in Genesis...like the death of a SEGA character or something, but that won't happen.

I fail to see the point in making her appear to have been killed only to bring her back alive and well a few issues later.

It fucking pisses me off when writers do this just to scare people and sell more issues. This isn't even the first time this has happened to Sally specifically either. Something people who read the Endgame arc from issue #47 on will remember. If the same bullshit happens again then I'm going to be incredibly annoyed.

I want Ian to follow through. Not specifically because I dislike Sally, but because I'm against this practice in general.

I fail to see the point in making her appear to have been killed only to bring her back alive and well a few issues later.

It fucking pisses me off when writers do this just to scare people and sell more issues. This isn't even the first time this has happened to Sally specifically either. Something people who read the Endgame arc from issue #47 on will remember. If the same bullshit happens again then I'm going to be incredibly annoyed.

I want Ian to follow through. Not specifically because I dislike Sally, but because I'm against this practice in general.

Thats why I think the death of said character isn't really the point, but the actual soft reboot is. I have an good feeling this is a Disney moment happening or in the works. Honestly I wish it wasn't said character or the event wasn't hyped at all.... cause when said person comes back it will feel cheap.

Honestly... those are my thoughts exactly. I don't even LIKE the character, either.

Not that I really want her to die... I just hate the thought of building up all this momentum, showing the possibility of one of the most important characters in the series dying... only to bring her back a few issues later and saying "oh, it was a false alarm... she's just fine."

Bull.

EDIT:

Thats why I think the death of said character isn't really the point, but the actual soft reboot is. I have an good feeling this is a Disney moment happening or in the works. Honestly I wish it wasn't said character or the event wasn't hyped at all.... cause when said person comes back it will feel cheap.

Either that or we'll get a Sonic '06 moment. Just the opposite way around.

Sonic, bring Sally back to life with the power of the Chaos Emeralds! And love! And a kiss! *SMOOCH*

-_-

Ian better not weasel his way out of this one.

Edited by UltimaHedgie

This will be the one and only time that I hope that Ian breaks his dead=dead rule.

Sally's too important for the book to lose.