Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Honestly... those are my thoughts exactly. I don't even LIKE the character, either.

Not that I really want her to die... I just hate the thought of building up all this momentum, showing the possibility of one of the most important characters in the series dying... only to bring her back a few issues later and saying "oh, it was a false alarm... she's just fine."

Bull.

EDIT:

Either that or we'll get a Sonic '06 moment. Just the opposite way around.

Sonic, bring Sally back to life with the power of the Chaos Emeralds! And love! And a kiss! *SMOOCH*

-_-

Ian better not weasel his way out of this one.

He... techy already did that in the comics.... well without the Emeralds lol. BUT I see your point, and unless something VERY odd happened I think we might see something like that also. :c

Edited by lamontraccoon

I couldn't agree with you more Darkfox. I feel that Ian has written himself into a corner with this. Either he kills Sally and and destroys one of the comic's greatest characters, or he forces a fakeout and everybody complains because its such an overused device, and makes himself look like a hypocrite...I really hope she comes back, somehow...Killed by some random sentry gun? What a cheap way for her to die...

This will be the one and only time that I hope that Ian breaks his dead=dead rule.

Sally's too important for the book to lose.

I... honestly don't see where you're coming from here.

The only characters that can possibly be "too important to lose" are Eggman and Robotnik himself. Granted, she's a major character... but that doesn't make her "too important" to lose, regardless of how much anybody likes the character.

ChaosXVI,

I find it more likely that Sally is merely severely wounded here, and later on, she's basically on the verge of death. The only way for this to work is for there to be a lot of build-up here in this whole situation. Sally is shot here, and for a while she's near-death, but not quite dead, adding to the suspense of whether she will actually live or not.

Granted, if she dies on the spot in this issue... yeah, that's kind of cheap. But the descriptions say otherwise--Ian keeps on proclaiming how the "life of a character hangs in the balance." We now know that to be Sally, so clearly she's not dead... yet. In fact, a better way for this to happen is to show Sally on the verge of recovery, to make everything start to look better, and then someone comes in and finishes her off before she can fully recover.

Even in this kind of case, it doesn't mean she's gone for good... All it means is that she actually dies, and then the characters will probably try and find some crazy ass way to save her... or Sally Prime is gone for good and another Princess Sally from a different dimension comes in to take her place sometime down the rode, like with what happened to Robotnik, but everyone still makes it quite clear that she's not the "same" Sally.

Overall, its just a complicated mess right now. Ian can take it in many different directions, and it clearly doesn't end here.

Bah, this is just comic book death at the most! this won't change anything. They will deus ex machina their way out of this and bring her back somehow. i wouldn't dwell too much into this

So does eggman do something at the end of 225 to start the generations arc like a chaos control "hard reset" or something?

Bah, this is just comic book death at the most! this won't change anything. They will deus ex machina their way out of this and bring her back somehow. i wouldn't dwell too much into this

So does eggman do something at the end of 225 to start the generations arc like a chaos control "hard reset" or something?

Yeah, he blanked out the entire planet.

:o eased the current timeline or something...... but yeah. He pretty much killed everyone if you look at blanking out the current timeline death.

Summary time! :)

1.The issue opens with Sonic realizing that Eggman's scheme has been right in front of him the whole time.

2.He remembers thinking about why Eggman kept so quiet after he vanished (FCBD Issue), Tails questioning why Eggman and Snively haven't attacked in so long (#212), the Arctic Freedom Fighters warning them about the newly constructed larger than usual "refueling station" (#215), and Bunnie's uncle Beau warning him that Eggman is building a refueling station for something bigger than he's ever flown (#218).

3."How did we miss it? The Eggdom wasn't just a bunker. He was rebuilding the Death Egg!"

4.Cut back to Sonic and Naugus looking up at the Death Egg looming over them.

5.Sally, Amy, and Tails catch up to Sonic and Naugus.

6.Tails is very shocked by the sight above them.

7."Sonic! Sonic! It-it-it's the--"

8."Yeah. Today just keeps getting better, doesn't it?"

9.Naugus asks Geoffrey if the Death Egg is as dangerous as Sonic says and Geoffrey responds by saying that while he doesn't have any first-hand experience with it, they shouldn't take Eggman lightly.

10.Amy accuses Geoffrey of helping Eggman, thinking that it's a bit too convenient that he attacks right after Geoffrey and Naugus arrived.

11."Oh, I shoot one bloke in the back, and now I'm guilty of everything?"

12.Sally warns Naugus of the dire threat presented by the Doctor's return and offers to call a truce for now.

13.Naugus agrees, saying that he will not let his Kingdom fall to Eggman.

14.He uses his wind magic to fly into the air towards the Flying Fortress, cackling away.

15."It's got to be an act. Nobody can naturally be that creepy."

16."But he's got the right idea. We need to stop that thing before Robotnik uses it. Scramble the F.F. Special and the Tornado! Sonic and Tails are with me. Antione, take Bunnie, Amy, and Geoffrey."

17.Geoffrey questions why she wants him to come along and Sally replies by saying that she wants him where they can see him and she's counting on the mission to be dangerous enough to prevent Geoffrey from doing anything stupid.

18.Soon, at King Frederick Airfield, Sonic, Tails, and Sally are preparing to launch the Tornado while the others are standing by in the F.F. Special.

19.Sally says that they're ready for launch and asks Antoine for his status. Antoine replies by saying they are ready as well and that everyone (Including Geoffrey) is secured.

20.Amy is guarding Geoffrey in a room to make sure he doesn't pull anything.

21."You're not all that threatening, Luv."

22."Keep telling yourself that."

23.The two vehicles launch and the mission begins.

24.Meanwhile, in the Death Egg Control Room, Eggman, Lien-Da, and Snively are standing by, charging "Operation: Clean Sweep."

25."Chaos Emerald energy feed is stable. Engines are at optimal burn. Operation: Clean Sweep is charging and all systems are green."

26.Eggman is pleased that everything is running like clockwork.

27.Snively warns that they have resistance inbound.

28.Eggman thinks that it's Sonic and asks if he looks worried. Snively tells him that it's not Sonic, it's Naugus.

29.Eggman is shocked by this.

30.Lien-Da asks what it is.

31."An old foe, and the reason I like science over magic. He's supposed to be a mindless, drooling monster!"

32.Eggman tries to calm himself down.

33."No, no, you've been over this! The unexpected. Chaos is the constant..."

34.Snively warns that more resistance is inbound and confirms that they're Freedom Fighter aircrafts.

35."That's more like it! Authorize all automated defenses! Don't bother with the Hedgehog!"

36.Snively is of course, puzzled by his orders.

37."Excuse me, sir...but...DON'T aim at Sonic?"

38."You heard me! You'd never hit him, anyway. Shoot down the rest!"

39.Naugus mocks Eggman's synthetic walls and taunts that his crystalline magic will make the fortress his.

40.He tries to use his magic against the Death Egg, but it resists, shocking him.

41."Power Ring internal matrix holding, sir."

42."See, Snively? With an army of slave laborers, you can collect enough Rings to accomplish anything!"

43.Back to the FFs, their ships are being assaulted by Eggman's laser defenses.

44.Sonic is still feeling stupid about not realizing Eggman's plan sooner, while Sally is examining the Death Egg for possible weak points.

45.Sally tells Tails to bring them back around and aim for anything unusual twenty degrees down from the top. Tails follows her directions.

46.Tails sees a metal plate and blasts it, creating a hole in the Death Egg.

47."How did you know to--?"

48."I figured he would patch our entry point at the last second to maintain his charade."

49.Lien-Da warns Eggman that they have a breach in the upper decks.

50."Of course we do. They got there a little faster than I expected."

51."Do you WANT them to ruin everything before--?!"

52."Tch-Tch-Tch. Not now."

53.Eggman asks Snively how "Operation: Clean Sweep" is going and Snively reports that Stage 1 will be ready in five minutes while Stage 2 is at 75 percent.

54."Ah, I love it when a plan comes together! Stay on course. I'm going to personally oversee the activations."

55.Lien-Da questions Eggman's actions.

56."That crazy, bloated idiot! He's setting himself up to fail, just like last time! I can't understand how you can stand working for him."

57."I can't, really."

58.Sally tells Tails that her and Sonic are going ahead and that he needs to tell the others to draw attention away from her and Sonic. Tails follows her directions."

59."Are you sure you want me to risk this? I don't want to get slapped around again."

60."Oh, shut up and kiss me for luck."

61.Sonic and Sally jump into the hole while sharing a kiss.

62.They arrive in a corridor.

63.So where to, Sal?"

64."I'm not sure. Robotnik hid the lower decks from us perfectly. We also have to consider the hallways we searched before as just decoys..."

65.She's interupted by a small, red spider-like robot taking a chunk of wall and welding the hole they arrived through shut.

66."Looks like the Doc insists that we stay for dinner."

67."And it cuts us off from any chance at back-up. We're on our own."

68"Or I could, y'know, smash that robot. It's kind of my thing."

69."No. This is classic Robotnik egotism. He's inviting us into a trap, and we'll use that to our advantage. We don't know exactly what he's up to yet."

70.Sally asks Nicole if she's detected anything and Nicole replies that she's found nothing. Sally asks how Nicole is holding up, but Nicole prefers to stick to the mission at hand.

71.Sally says that they'll talk after this is over, but she is surprised by a door that swoops open.

72.Sonic is peeved.

73."This is adding insult to injury. I searched this hallway how many times, and this stupid elevator was here all along?"

74."Focus, Sonic. Be ready for anything."

75.They arrive in a large room brimming with machinery.

76."What in the world is all this for?"

77."It's Eggman. Does he really need a reason?"

78.Eggman greets them on an intercom.

79"Welcome! Welcome! It feels like it's been AGES since our last get together!"

80."I'll admit, I miss kicking your wide butt. Very easy on the Ol' sneakers."

81."It's refreshing to know your battles with the Iron Queen didn't dull that obnoxioux streak of yours. In a masochistic way, I mean."

82."Nothing's changed, Doc! Come on out so we can tussle for old time's sake!"

83.Sally warns Sonic that something's coming up the elevator and Eggman says that if Sonic wants an audience with him, he's got to prove that he's still got it.

84.A new Silver Sonic emerges from the elevator.

85.Sonic is just itching to fight.

86."Oh, sweet! It wouldn't be a Death Egg without a Silver Sonic to fight!"

87."It looks fiercer than the one in Station Square!"

88.Yeah! And the original nearly smashed me into chili-sauce. This is going to be awesome!"

89."This isn't something to celebrate!"

90.Silver Sonic rolls into his ball form and rushes towards Sonic. Sonic and Sally dodge the behemoth.

91."Are you kidding? Look at it!"

92.Sonic rushes at Silver Sonic, but he catches Sonic's ball form in his hands.

93.Silver Sonic swings at Sonic, but he slides under the robot's claw.

94.The two continue their tussle, while Eggman cheers Sonic on.

95."Ha Ha Ha! That's it, Sonic! You're putting on quite the show!"

96.Sally tries to warn Sonic that Eggman is stalling and they need to move on, but Eggman objects.

97."Now, now, Princess, don't ruin his fun...! After all, YOU made this possible. Remember, it was your charity that left me in Snively's care when I had my little...episode. Had you been ruthless enough, you could've ended me right then and there. I suppose you inherited that weakness from your father. After all, if he hadn't taken in that poor overlander all those years ago, none of this would've ever happened! You've had your minor victories, to be sure, but only because you had Sonic's superior abilities to make up for YOUR weakness."

98.Eggman tries to continue his taunting, but is interrupted by Snively. He says that Stage 1 is fully charged and ready.

99."Marvelous!"

100."Th-th-this will affect us all, you know..."

101."Oh, grow up. You won't feel a thing."

102.Eggman projects over the intercom once more.

103."It's been fun, children. But the weapon is armed, and I must get to firing it. Farewell!"

104."Sonic! We're out of time! We've got to move!"

105."Sorry, what? Just a sec! I'm not done with "Tiny" here."

106.Sally says that she'll go ahead and asks Nicole if she can track where Eggman's voice was coming from. However, Eggman cuts her off with a turret.

107."Ah-ah! That's far enough!"

108.A loud *BLAM BLAM BLAM!* is heard and Sonic is shocked by it.

109."SALLY!"

110.Silver Sonic socks Sonic with his claw while he's distracted.

111.Eggman presses the button to activate "Operation: Clean Sweep" while holding a glass of an unknown beverage in his hand.

112.A large wave of white energy erupts from the Death Egg and quickly covers Mobius.

113.Sonic gets away from Silver Sonic and goes to check on Sally.

114.He sees Sally's cracked pilot's goggles and the very edge of a figure in the hallway Sally went down.

115."SALLY!"

115.The issue ends with Sonic jumping towards Sally's goggles and getting fully enveloped by the wave.

116.There's also a very funny Off-Panel strip that shows the Death Egg painting all over Sonic's world with white paint. Sonic questions Eggman that he "needed a chaos emerald for that?!" Eggman replies by sticking his tongue out and saying, "You're just mad because I won." XD

That's all she wrote! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow...I'm more shocked at how Eggman has really stepped up big time. We haven't seen this kind of suspense since, what? Endgame?

Now I'm more interested in what Eggman's gonna do than what happened to Sally after using his weapon on the entire planet...and at the same time, I'm thinking he's gonna roboticize it for old times sake.

Well, I smell a new avatar to use in a week.

I think that Sally's "death" is nothing more than that - nothing to get too excited over. Either it has to fit into the Chaos rule somewhere or perhaps Nicole took the plunge and Eggman shot the console instead.

*BLAM BLAM BLAM* can be interpreted many ways and since we only heard what happened and did not see it, Ian could take this in any direction he wants. People need to quit getting their diapers pants in a twist over that.

I am a lot more curious about the outcome for next issue and what Eggman was drinking in that glass. Robotnik making the Chaos rule bend to his will is nothing short of gloriously mad - I wonder if Sonic will remind himself of that from their last tussle?.

So that's Nicole in Sally's hand? Well then the question begs, where is she?

Edited by Aquaslash

So that's Nicole in Sally's hand? Well then the question begs, where is she?

prince-o.gif

I fucking knew it. I called it and wanted it. Hells yes! Finally something happened in this damn thing that changes everything! I imagine you Sally lovers are all pissed off.

And if Ian doesn't stick to his word and maintain the new status quo...

princewalkoff.gif

And reading the summary, Eggman said what everybody was thinking. It is the Acorn's fault that Eggman won. It is their fault that Eggman is what he is. Now they can take their cake and fucking eat it.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • Bad Quality Post 4

That was entirely uncalled for, turbojet.

I am a Sally lover, but I'm not pissed off - just curious as to where this is going to go from here. If she is dead/does stay dead, I'll be surprised and sad, but it's the writers' call.

But really, there's no need for gloating and macros.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Okay, Flyboy. I was just basking in the moment since I was trolled for suggesting such a thing. "That is no way it could happen." "You just hate the character." Blah blah blah blah. So lets look at the possibilities of this story changing event.

1.Eggman finally comes off as a legit threat here. You know what I hate about most villains? They never are effective. They always lose, but when they win, holy shit, it is awesome. Every effective villain should have that one moment that makes them awesome. Sephiroth killed Aerith in FFVII. Kefka blew up the world in FFVI. Joker paralyzed Oracle in Killing Joke, or if you are more familar with the animated series, he kidnapped Tim Drake, tortured him, and turned him into a mini Joker. Green Goblin kidnapped Gwen Stacey only to drop her and have her neck snapped when Spider-man tried to save her or if you aren't familar with that, he killed his own son in the Ultimate Spider-man version. Yes, big time villains do big time things that change the tone of the series and how you view the character forever. Eggman stepped up his game now. I knew that he was slowly becoming more of a threat and BAM! This is one of the few times in any adaption of Sonic that Eggman actually is a badass and comes off as the genius that he says he is. The only other time that I took him seriously was in SA2 when he tricked Sonic and shot him off in space.

2. Sally is now more than just a love interest. Sonic has a reason to hate Eggman more than he does. It is personal. This is no longer a simple demonstration of "Hero vs Bad guy." It has something that it never had before: substance. Eggman can now have the ability to do all sorts of malicious thing that can affect our hero's mindstate. Things like creating mechanical replicas of Sally, just to fuck with him. Constantly reminding Sonic that he(Eggman) won the moral battle. Eggman has always hated Sonic, but could we say the same thing vice-versa? No. It has been simply Sonic's duty to stop Eggman.

3. Knothole looks like huge douches now. You think anybody will bring up that they made this monster? You bet your ass they will. Tails' dad has already pointed out that it was the king that put Eggman in the position that he is in. Nobody seemed too concern about Eggman and wanted to play the "distribution of power" game. While everybody else was playing the game of thrones, you fucked up and let Osama plan instead of remaining vigilant. Eggman has already stated that they allowed him to do this and looking back at it now. He was right. The Council will respond to the fear and go with Ixis. Ixis also gets the huge villain upgrade. He comes off as smart.

4. So many possibilities. There is no longer the same, "Eggman is bad. Lets fight him and not get anywhere," bullshit. There is no longer that feeling of 25 Yl remaining where we know Eggman loses. We have a fresh, new, exciting story.

Man I am as giddy as a school girl.

• Thumbs Up 6

Okay (: It's not just you; I won't take any aggression from either side, so hopefully no one will feel the need to turn it into the usual versus battle. Having said that, your post just now is one I can definitely put a +1 behind. I hope that, no matter how it plays out, it will in fact be a game changer and really shake up the status quo a bit. The comic's been needing that for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

3. Knothole looks like huge douches now. You think anybody will bring up that they made this monster? You bet your ass they will. Tails' dad has already pointed out that it was the king that put Eggman in the position that he is in. Nobody seemed too concern about Eggman and wanted to play the "distribution of power" game. While everybody else was playing the game of thrones, you fucked up and let Osama plan instead of remaining vigilant. Eggman has already stated that they allowed him to do this and looking back at it now. He was right. The Council will respond to the fear and go with Ixis. Ixis also gets the huge villain upgrade. He comes off as smart.

It's not just King Max putting Eggman in the position he is now, it's more than just him. Aside from Eggman's realisation of who he is and what he is which served to kick him up the ass and allow him to logic his way out of insanity, it was Mobians who pulled out many stops in actively helping Eggman realise who he is instead of leaving him to rot in a cell for the rest of his natural life, which undoubtedly assisted him in getting over his bout of insanity and therefore not only allowing him to get back into his position of authority but even made him even more ruthless than before, resulting in Eggman erasing/wiping out everyone and maim/kill Sally.

The Mobian's have always had their totally unreasonable lack of ruthlessness with exceptional evil and pacifism in the face of grave threats. Looks like it's really really bitten them in the ass this time.

princewalkoff.gif

I'm sorry but this pic had me after I read his post and the summary. Pure win. +1

So is Sally dead? If so that may change everything in the series.

Gotta start buying the comics again. I'm really missing out. :(

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Okay, Flyboy. I was just basking in the moment since I was trolled for suggesting such a thing. "That is no way it could happen." "You just hate the character." Blah blah blah blah. So lets look at the possibilities of this story changing event.

1.Eggman finally comes off as a legit threat here. You know what I hate about most villains? They never are effective. They always lose, but when they win, holy shit, it is awesome. Every effective villain should have that one moment that makes them awesome. Sephiroth killed Aerith in FFVII. Kefka blew up the world in FFVI. Joker paralyzed Oracle in Killing Joke, or if you are more familar with the animated series, he kidnapped Tim Drake, tortured him, and turned him into a mini Joker. Green Goblin kidnapped Gwen Stacey only to drop her and have her neck snapped when Spider-man tried to save her or if you aren't familar with that, he killed his own son in the Ultimate Spider-man version. Yes, big time villains do big time things that change the tone of the series and how you view the character forever. Eggman stepped up his game now. I knew that he was slowly becoming more of a threat and BAM! This is one of the few times in any adaption of Sonic that Eggman actually is a badass and comes off as the genius that he says he is. The only other time that I took him seriously was in SA2 when he tricked Sonic and shot him off in space.

2. Sally is now more than just a love interest. Sonic has a reason to hate Eggman more than he does. It is personal. This is no longer a simple demonstration of "Hero vs Bad guy." It has something that it never had before: substance. Eggman can now have the ability to do all sorts of malicious thing that can affect our hero's mindstate. Things like creating mechanical replicas of Sally, just to fuck with him. Constantly reminding Sonic that he(Eggman) won the moral battle. Eggman has always hated Sonic, but could we say the same thing vice-versa? No. It has been simply Sonic's duty to stop Eggman.

4. So many possibilities. There is no longer the same, "Eggman is bad. Lets fight him and not get anywhere," bullshit. There is no longer that feeling of 25 Yl remaining where we know Eggman loses. We have a fresh, new, exciting story.

Man I am as giddy as a school girl.

Actually, I think another very credible moment in Sonic Unleashed when Eggman defeated Super Sonic. In said game he also finally completed Eggmanland, too. In both games he is usurped by a higher authority, anyway, so you can't really make that argument about his Unleashed appearance. Oh, and then there's Chronicles' ending where its implied he finally took over the world (although it seems that nothing's going to come of it now... suckily enough... -_-).

Now, it's up in the air, it's 50/50.

But let me point out something that I have noticed in the comics since Ian came on board.

When he kills a character (MAJOR OR MINOR) off, he does it on panel, like a character being killed on screen in a movie or tv show. If he was to kill Sally off or any major character like her, he would do it on screen and in a heroic sacrifice way, not off panel/off screen (which is why some doubt Hershey's dead.) in a murderous way. So right now, as mentioned above, it's still up in the air.

However, we cannot underesterime Ian, take the recent Sonic Universe issue and the whole Lara-Su/Jani-Ca becoming not only the first female Enerjak, but the first good guy one, not one saw that coming. So we cannot say Ian won't pull the trigger.

Now we also have to look at this, as perhaps Ian's Ultimate Webcomic. Just like Chris Fischer's "Of Mice and Mayhem: Rescue Rangers" webcomic was. For there are simliarites, most importantly the supposed "death" of the main female lead, many thought she was dead, but it turns out, she wasn't. So the same, could/can be said for the Sally situation right now.

One last thing, if you want to look at it from a another standpoint, perhaps Ian never really wanted to go in this direction yet, but due to the legal actions between Archie Comics and Ken Penders, he may have had no choice, because honestly, this kind of story would have been better for #250. But now we'll never know.

I think it's been said by Ian that the legal battle with Penders has nothing to do with what's been going on in the comic so saying that Hershey's 'death' or what's happenend in #225 is because of Penders is bullshit.

I feel as though this is Ian's personal Endgame saga, I agree it has nothing to do with Penders. Look.

1. Sally is close to death or presumed dead.

2. The UA and the Death Egg, both world bending weapons.

3. Sonic is the traitor tracked by Geoffrey, now Geoff is the traitor.

4. Hershey the Cat somehow is involved for no reason.

5. Ixis Naugus attacks the Kingdom after Endgame.

Edited by Dabnikz

Summary time! :)

1.The issue opens with Sonic realizing that Eggman's scheme has been right in front of him the whole time.

2.He remembers thinking about why Eggman kept so quiet after he vanished (FCBD Issue), Tails questioning why Eggman and Snively haven't attacked in so long (#212), the Arctic Freedom Fighters warning them about the newly constructed larger than usual "refueling station" (#215), and Bunnie's uncle Beau warning him that Eggman is building a refueling station for something bigger than he's ever flown (#218).

3."How did we miss it? The Eggdom wasn't just a bunker. He was rebuilding the Death Egg!"

4.Cut back to Sonic and Naugus looking up at the Death Egg looming over them.

5.Sally, Amy, and Tails catch up to Sonic and Naugus.

6.Tails is very shocked by the sight above them.

7."Sonic! Sonic! It-it-it's the--"

8."Yeah. Today just keeps getting better, doesn't it?"

9.Naugus asks Geoffrey if the Death Egg is as dangerous as Sonic says and Geoffrey responds by saying that while he doesn't have any first-hand experience with it, they shouldn't take Eggman lightly.

10.Amy accuses Geoffrey of helping Eggman, thinking that it's a bit too convenient that he attacks right after Geoffrey and Naugus arrived.

11."Oh, I shoot one bloke in the back, and now I'm guilty of everything?"

12.Sally warns Naugus of the dire threat presented by the Doctor's return and offers to call a truce for now.

13.Naugus agrees, saying that he will not let his Kingdom fall to Eggman.

14.He uses his wind magic to fly into the air towards the Flying Fortress, cackling away.

15."It's got to be an act. Nobody can naturally be that creepy."

16."But he's got the right idea. We need to stop that thing before Robotnik uses it. Scramble the F.F. Special and the Tornado! Sonic and Tails are with me. Antione, take Bunnie, Amy, and Geoffrey."

17.Geoffrey questions why she wants him to come along and Sally replies by saying that she wants him where they can see him and she's counting on the mission to be dangerous enough to prevent Geoffrey from doing anything stupid.

18.Soon, at King Frederick Airfield, Sonic, Tails, and Sally are preparing to launch the Tornado while the others are standing by in the F.F. Special.

19.Sally says that they're ready for launch and asks Antoine for his status. Antoine replies by saying they are ready as well and that everyone (Including Geoffrey) is secured.

20.Amy is guarding Geoffrey in a room to make sure he doesn't pull anything.

21."You're not all that threatening, Luv."

22."Keep telling yourself that."

23.The two vehicles launch and the mission begins.

24.Meanwhile, in the Death Egg Control Room, Eggman, Lien-Da, and Snively are standing by, charging "Operation: Clean Sweep."

25."Chaos Emerald energy feed is stable. Engines are at optimal burn. Operation: Clean Sweep is charging and all systems are green."

26.Eggman is pleased that everything is running like clockwork.

27.Snively warns that they have resistance inbound.

28.Eggman thinks that it's Sonic and asks if he looks worried. Snively tells him that it's not Sonic, it's Naugus.

29.Eggman is shocked by this.

30.Lien-Da asks what it is.

31."An old foe, and the reason I like science over magic. He's supposed to be a mindless, drooling monster!"

32.Eggman tries to calm himself down.

33."No, no, you've been over this! The unexpected. Chaos is the constant..."

34.Snively warns that more resistance is inbound and confirms that they're Freedom Fighter aircrafts.

35."That's more like it! Authorize all automated defenses! Don't bother with the Hedgehog!"

36.Snively is of course, puzzled by his orders.

37."Excuse me, sir...but...DON'T aim at Sonic?"

38."You heard me! You'd never hit him, anyway. Shoot down the rest!"

39.Naugus mocks Eggman's synthetic walls and taunts that his crystalline magic will make the fortress his.

40.He tries to use his magic against the Death Egg, but it resists, shocking him.

41."Power Ring internal matrix holding, sir."

42."See, Snively? With an army of slave laborers, you can collect enough Rings to accomplish anything!"

43.Back to the FFs, their ships are being assaulted by Eggman's laser defenses.

44.Sonic is still feeling stupid about not realizing Eggman's plan sooner, while Sally is examining the Death Egg for possible weak points.

45.Sally tells Tails to bring them back around and aim for anything unusual twenty degrees down from the top. Tails follows her directions.

46.Tails sees a metal plate and blasts it, creating a hole in the Death Egg.

47."How did you know to--?"

48."I figured he would patch our entry point at the last second to maintain his charade."

49.Lien-Da warns Eggman that they have a breach in the upper decks.

50."Of course we do. They got there a little faster than I expected."

51."Do you WANT them to ruin everything before--?!"

52."Tch-Tch-Tch. Not now."

53.Eggman asks Snively how "Operation: Clean Sweep" is going and Snively reports that Stage 1 will be ready in five minutes while Stage 2 is at 75 percent.

54."Ah, I love it when a plan comes together! Stay on course. I'm going to personally oversee the activations."

55.Lien-Da questions Eggman's actions.

56."That crazy, bloated idiot! He's setting himself up to fail, just like last time! I can't understand how you can stand working for him."

57."I can't, really."

58.Sally tells Tails that her and Sonic are going ahead and that he needs to tell the others to draw attention away from her and Sonic. Tails follows her directions."

59."Are you sure you want me to risk this? I don't want to get slapped around again."

60."Oh, shut up and kiss me for luck."

61.Sonic and Sally jump into the hole while sharing a kiss.

62.They arrive in a corridor.

63.So where to, Sal?"

64."I'm not sure. Robotnik hid the lower decks from us perfectly. We also have to consider the hallways we searched before as just decoys..."

65.She's interupted by a small, red spider-like robot taking a chunk of wall and welding the hole they arrived through shut.

66."Looks like the Doc insists that we stay for dinner."

67."And it cuts us off from any chance at back-up. We're on our own."

68"Or I could, y'know, smash that robot. It's kind of my thing."

69."No. This is classic Robotnik egotism. He's inviting us into a trap, and we'll use that to our advantage. We don't know exactly what he's up to yet."

70.Sally asks Nicole if she's detected anything and Nicole replies that she's found nothing. Sally asks how Nicole is holding up, but Nicole prefers to stick to the mission at hand.

71.Sally says that they'll talk after this is over, but she is surprised by a door that swoops open.

72.Sonic is peeved.

73."This is adding insult to injury. I searched this hallway how many times, and this stupid elevator was here all along?"

74."Focus, Sonic. Be ready for anything."

75.They arrive in a large room brimming with machinery.

76."What in the world is all this for?"

77."It's Eggman. Does he really need a reason?"

78.Eggman greets them on an intercom.

79"Welcome! Welcome! It feels like it's been AGES since our last get together!"

80."I'll admit, I miss kicking your wide butt. Very easy on the Ol' sneakers."

81."It's refreshing to know your battles with the Iron Queen didn't dull that obnoxioux streak of yours. In a masochistic way, I mean."

82."Nothing's changed, Doc! Come on out so we can tussle for old time's sake!"

83.Sally warns Sonic that something's coming up the elevator and Eggman says that if Sonic wants an audience with him, he's got to prove that he's still got it.

84.A new Silver Sonic emerges from the elevator.

85.Sonic is just itching to fight.

86."Oh, sweet! It wouldn't be a Death Egg without a Silver Sonic to fight!"

87."It looks fiercer than the one in Station Square!"

88.Yeah! And the original nearly smashed me into chili-sauce. This is going to be awesome!"

89."This isn't something to celebrate!"

90.Silver Sonic rolls into his ball form and rushes towards Sonic. Sonic and Sally dodge the behemoth.

91."Are you kidding? Look at it!"

92.Sonic rushes at Silver Sonic, but he catches Sonic's ball form in his hands.

93.Silver Sonic swings at Sonic, but he slides under the robot's claw.

94.The two continue their tussle, while Eggman cheers Sonic on.

95."Ha Ha Ha! That's it, Sonic! You're putting on quite the show!"

96.Sally tries to warn Sonic that Eggman is stalling and they need to move on, but Eggman objects.

97."Now, now, Princess, don't ruin his fun...! After all, YOU made this possible. Remember, it was your charity that left me in Snively's care when I had my little...episode. Had you been ruthless enough, you could've ended me right then and there. I suppose you inherited that weakness from your father. After all, if he hadn't taken in that poor overlander all those years ago, none of this would've ever happened! You've had your minor victories, to be sure, but only because you had Sonic's superior abilities to make up for YOUR weakness."

98.Eggman tries to continue his taunting, but is interrupted by Snively. He says that Stage 1 is fully charged and ready.

99."Marvelous!"

100."Th-th-this will affect us all, you know..."

101."Oh, grow up. You won't feel a thing."

102.Eggman projects over the intercom once more.

103."It's been fun, children. But the weapon is armed, and I must get to firing it. Farewell!"

104."Sonic! We're out of time! We've got to move!"

105."Sorry, what? Just a sec! I'm not done with "Tiny" here."

106.Sally says that she'll go ahead and asks Nicole if she can track where Eggman's voice was coming from. However, Eggman cuts her off with a turret.

107."Ah-ah! That's far enough!"

108.A loud *BLAM BLAM BLAM!* is heard and Sonic is shocked by it.

109."SALLY!"

110.Silver Sonic socks Sonic with his claw while he's distracted.

111.Eggman presses the button to activate "Operation: Clean Sweep" while holding a glass of an unknown beverage in his hand.

112.A large wave of white energy erupts from the Death Egg and quickly covers Mobius.

113.Sonic gets away from Silver Sonic and goes to check on Sally.

114.He sees Sally's cracked pilot's goggles and the very edge of a figure in the hallway Sally went down.

115."SALLY!"

115.The issue ends with Sonic jumping towards Sally's goggles and getting fully enveloped by the wave.

116.There's also a very funny Off-Panel strip that shows the Death Egg painting all over Sonic's world with white paint. Sonic questions Eggman that he "needed a chaos emerald for that?!" Eggman replies by sticking his tongue out and saying, "You're just mad because I won." XD

That's all she wrote! :)

White...White paint...?

I'm probably wrong here, but doesn't that strike you as familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6-JpmenhQ

• Thumbs Up 1

Got the issue myself.

Nice story, but I don't really consider it "epic" until we see exactly what Eggman is up to. As for Sally...eh, she'll be back (next issue, technically, but in what capacity after Genesis wraps up remains to be seen).

Also, I don't see why everyone's so intimidated by the Death Egg as if it was some legendary weapon of destruction. The only other Death Egg they've encountered in the comic was a total joke.

I think it's been said by Ian that the legal battle with Penders has nothing to do with what's been going on in the comic so saying that Hershey's 'death' or what's happenend in #225 is because of Penders is bullshit.

I'm pleased with this new issue, but I must say, for these hart pounding anniversary issues, it would be nice if they were longer.