Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Ian Flynn had this to say, over at Bumbleking:

For the folks complaining about the lack of "on screen" death:

If he had shown it, we wouldn't be an all-ages book anymore. What happened to Sally was unfit for the eyes of small children and people of weak constitutions.

Take that as you will ^^;

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I will stay classy thank you very much.

Actually considering I found out the spoilerific details of #225 and didn't decide F@#$ everybody else who possibly hasn't read this yet, I'm gonna talk about it in plain sight - yeah I do think I'm classier than a lot of the blabbermouths on here.

If we really wanna get into personal morals, yeah I choose the non-death of a fictional character over the pain inflicted on a real person. Have I ever met him before? Do I know him? No. Honestly speaking a character like Sonic who is fictional is truthfully dearer to some of us then say a complete faceless stranger who is real, given the choice of Death of a fictional character I care about over knowing choosing that causes physical pain to a complete stranger, I'd probably still stay with my choice to save the fictional character.

Does this make me a bad person? Probably. Who cares, I'm not exactly here to win your admiration.

Plus this is the guy who is causing the death of the character I care about, not unreasonable to strike out with some vengeful comments. I still stand by them.

Honestly you people amaze me. If SEGA had done this and say killed off Tails from the games you'd be having the exact same reaction as me. People would be up in arms and demanding blood. How could they do that to Tails!

Ian just knows he can do this because Sally isn't a character that SEGA own or really care about, seeing as outside their games they really don't seem to know/care what goes on. (Example: the UK Sonic chess set magazine debarcle)

Ok first, I don't care, in fact I want Ian to see what people are saying about his stupid killing.

And the killing of Sally is hardly comparable to that of Jean Grey from the X-men. For instance, like you mentioned, she has appeared in Marvel Vs Capcom 3, a recent game. How long ago was she killed? The way Marvel operates there are infinte ways a character can be brought back or featured in modern media so even if the character is dead it isn't a total loss. In fact if my Marvel knowledge is correct didn't Jean come back after her death and was thought of by everyone to be the real Jean but she was really a clone or something?) There's always alternate realities varying from the 616 universe so if they decide to kill off a character like say Johnny Storm like they did recently I'm sure there's always a comic out there where he still exists like the Ultimate universe. While you could make the connection that Sally still survives in other sonic realities she isn't exactly "Sally" is she? I mean look at Moebius' version of her. At least in the Ultimate version of Marvel characters they stay for the most part the same, as the Ultimate universe was less made for a different look at a character and more made as a simplified universe to make the world of Marvel a more friendy, easier accessible place for new time Marvel comic readers.

Jean Grey being from the comic medium can always reappear in cartoons or games or tv series or (poorly made) movies without disturbing the canon of it in the comics, they just simply have whatever alternate medium she appears in tell a new story, or tell the old story over again. Fact is she will be able to keep reappearing.

What chance does Sally have if Ian has stated that the characters he kills stay dead, no coming back? Furthermore, no we Sally fans don't have anything to fall back on,what are the chances we're ever gonna see her in a Sonic game? Hahaha never, and thanks to shitty region coding and whoever makes the SatAM DVDs apparently not giving two tosses about anyone outside the U S of A, I don't have the SatAM series to view her in, oh and not to be mean but I hardly consider "fanart" or "fanfiction" to be worth note EVER! Lol.

There is literally the comics and that is all, but now there isn't even that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't really have much to say, even after reading the spoilers, I'm not making any conclusions/assumptions until:

A. I get the issue in a week or two (since I assume I'll get the extra week delay)

B. Wait until how Genesis pans out and concludes.

Edited by DragonSoul

If he had shown it, we wouldn't be an all-ages book anymore. What happened to Sally was unfit for the eyes of small children and people of weak constitutions.

Edited by bwrosas

Flyboy, I promised myself that I wouldn't antagonize him or flame him. So this post will be as classy and civilized as possible.

If we really wanna get into personal morals, yeah I choose the non-death of a fictional character over the pain inflicted on a real person. Have I ever met him before? Do I know him? No. Honestly speaking a character like Sonic who is fictional is truthfully dearer to some of us then say a complete faceless stranger who is real, given the choice of Death of a fictional character I care about over knowing choosing that causes physical pain to a complete stranger, I'd probably still stay with my choice to save the fictional character.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Apparently you are unaware of the subtle art of sarcasm. :rolleyes:

There is something seriously and mentally wrong with you if you wish physical harm over a comic book writer over the anthropomorphic version of roadkill with a blue vest. You know,chill out, take a break from Sonic for a long time and breathe. It's just lines on a paper created by some guy long ago. God, I know Robotnik isn't real but do I wish physical harm to someone who does something to the character like for example...ohhh...kills him off? No. I'm not removed from reality and stuck in a dream world.

Does anyone have the right to be angry? Perhaps. I like the character, but again I am aware that it's all NOT REAL. And also it is over an assumption - something that you assume that will happen but probably won't.

I would be embarrassed about my attitude if I was you - you are starting to remind me of a certain diaper-wearing kid. That's the kind of person the Sonic fanbase makes fun of and totes as not part of one of their own. It becomes a badge you do not want to wear and a label the whole internet knows you by for the rest of your life.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Bad Quality Post 8

Okay, ENOUGH. ALL OF YOU. God damn it. Not much gets me this pissed, but this is pathetic.

The-Master-Board - wishing actual harm and/or suffering on a comic book writer because you don't like the direction he's taken (which he has every right to take, being the damn writer) is simply incredulous to me. Be angry, be upset, fine. But your reaction is so far over the top that I can't even see it without a telescope. Calm down. Right now.

Everyone else, please stop responding to it. This is turning into a snark/flame war. Talk about the comic. Talk about the event. Just stop this arguing.

I am a big Sally fan. I will be sad if she's dead. I might even be a little angry. But hey, I want to see what Ian makes from this development. If she is dead, it's going to take a lot to keep me on board. But perhaps he has an ace up his sleeve, and perhaps other main characters will finally get the long overdue development they desperately deserve. I don't know how to feel, yet. But yeah, wow. It's going to be a long wait until Genesis is over... @_@

Okay, ENOUGH. ALL OF YOU. God damn it. Not much gets me this pissed, but this is pathetic.

The-Master-Board - wishing actual harm and/or suffering on a comic book writer because you don't like the direction he's taken (which he has every right to take, being the damn writer) is simply incredulous to me. Be angry, be upset, fine. But your reaction is so far over the top that I can't even see it without a telescope. Calm down. Right now.

Everyone else, please stop responding to it. This is turning into a snark/flame war. Talk about the comic. Talk about the event. Just stop this arguing.

I am a big Sally fan. I will be sad if she's dead. I might even be a little angry. But hey, I want to see what Ian makes from this development. If she is dead, it's going to take a lot to keep me on board. But perhaps he has an ace up his sleeve, and perhaps other main characters will finally get the long overdue development they desperately deserve. I don't know how to feel, yet. But yeah, wow. It's going to be a long wait until Genesis is over... @_@

I say BS. Flynn is a known troll when it comes to things like this. For the meantime, I'll just enjoy the Scourge arc

You know, thinking about it, the more we say Ian won't do it, chances are he just might. Because we are calling his bluff, so he may do it to prove ua all wrong.

Then again, maybe not,

Aaaanyway, some of this was posted on TSS a while ago, but no one mentioned it here:

Sonic_Legacy_Series_1.jpg

Sonic Legacy 1 is going to be a reprint of the first 16 issues in Black and White in a bigger format than the Archives.

While the bigger format and 16 volumes are nice, and I like the cover, them being in B&W is a major turnoff for me. And I have the first 4 archives anyway.

It's coming out on December 8th 2011. It will cost 14,95$

Sonic_universe_volume_1.jpg

Sonic Universe 1 The Shadow Saga will be in typical TPB format. It is of course the first 4 issues of Sonic Universe.

Good. I really want these. I don't like the cover, though. It's not one of Spaziante's best or even really good works. The motives is ok, though. I just wish they would've released the Archives in TPB format, too.

Release date is October 28th.

Knuckles_Archives_1.jpg

I believe it will be in the same format as the Archives.

It's out on September 13th

SonicSelect4.jpg

I love the campy Sonic on the right. According to the Archie SOnic wiki it will contain Sally Moon, Crossover Chaos, Turnabout Heroes, Sonic Stew and Sonic Blast.

Release is in December.

Sonic_Archives_15_new.jpg

Sonic_Archives_16.jpg

Sonic Archives #15 will contain issues #55-#58 and Sonic Archives #16 will contain issues #59-#62. I like the covers. I laughed at Naugus on #16, though.

15 is out on June 7th and 16 on November 21st.

That's all for my possibly pointless post :mellow:

Some info was from TSS

http://www.sonicstad...-archies-sonic/

Some from Publishers Weekly

http://www.publisher...vel-series.html

and some from the Archie Sonic wiki

http://archiesonic.w...chie_Sonic_Wiki

Edited by MarcelloF

Sally only has one thing keeping her known in any Sonic adaption, this comic. She is non-existant in every Sonic adaption except for this comic. She is a remnant of a cartoon that faded away since 1995 and how it still maintains it's revelancy is beyond me.

I always counter this argument by saying that I never considered the SatAM characters to be SatAM at all. Even though I'm an old reader I never watched SatAM, and by now they've had much more presence and history in the Archie books. Since SatAM is long dead and gone, why not just call them comic characters? A comic needs a large cast. I'm saying new readers can learn to love them as the comic characters, not relics of a long gone show. They've been ever present here at Archie.

Basically if you have a problem with Sally as a main character, you need to respect the comic history. She's been there a long freakin' time.

I hope this "death" is legit. I hope it sticks.

Why? Because it shakes things up and makes things interesting. It's one of those things that can change the course of the comic book for a very long time. It can pave the way for some serious character development which this comic book definitely could use right about now.

It's not bad as it is now, but it's.. kind of boring. Time to spice things up a bit.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's been 2-3 weeks since I've been on these forums. So, hopefully, I'm not out of date on current events.

Anyways. My response to Issue #225 is "Holy $#@! on a $#@! sandwich."

Eggman is one funny, magnificent bastard. He's jolly, merciless, cruel. And I'm loving every minute of it. And I didn't expect Silver Sonic to show up near the end. That was an unexpected, not to mention awesome, bonus.

As for Sally getting shot, injured, maimed, killed, etc. by Eggman........................................I'm sure you guys have talked about her "situation" long before I got here

:P .

Edited by Darth Sonikku

You should probably spoiler tag that last part. :/

People have already raged out on getting spoiled that part so we don't want more people doing it.

You should probably spoiler tag that last part. :/

People have already raged out on getting spoiled that part so we don't want more people doing it.

I want to like Sonic Legacy, the Essential Sonic the Hedgehog line sounds like a good idea, but not if they keep up Sonic Archives' trend of not reprinting the whole story.

It's annoying and it defies sense and logic**(especially as it seems to be happening to thier better quality stories) - Mecha Madness, Knuckles Quest and Endgame have all been split into different volumes, the first two aren't even in the same series of collections! And now it seems it's going to happen again with The Forgotten Tribe and that Super/Hyper/Turbo vs Mammoth Mogul storyline that acted as the end of Dark Vengence (these are both Knuckles storylines) now the announcement for the Naugus Quest volumes seem to contain no issues of Knuckles the Echinda. I know collections are becoming thinner and less value for money (DC and Marvel releasing 12 issues maxi-series in two six-issue volumes, collecting stories before they're over etc) but this is beyond even that.

The Essential Marvel volumes and the Showcase Presents volumes have done really well at being the opposite of this problem, including tie-in issues, back-ups, two-part stories ending or beginning in a different series, 1-shots and annuals and so on so hopefully Legacy will do the same but I'm pessimistic.

Sorry i needed to rant about that. And it makes a change from ranting about...y'know...that character.

** unless that logic is 'it makes 'em buy Sonic Select moo hoo ha ha"

There was only one thought that came to mind when I read that.

Sal-pots and Pepper-pots.

So I guess Sally's either dead or alive and very FUBAR'd.

Or they're seriously trolling the shit out of us...

Still, it takes serious writing to have the audience gritting their teeth to know what happened. The only thing that ticks me off is the ammo this'll give some the anti-fans who'll parade this like a victory. That's usually the reason I oppose killing marmite characters.

I don't know about that. Most of the Sally haters I know are pretty neutral to all this, mainly because they know that killing off Sally won't magically solve all the comics other problems.

I don't know about that. Most of the Sally haters I know are pretty neutral to all this, mainly because they know that killing off Sally won't magically solve all the comics other problems.

Perhaps. Maybe their just waiting for either a yay or nay

Perhaps. Maybe their just waiting for either a yay or nay

On the off chance Sal is dead, her influence and history on the comic would still linger and be reminisced. She won't be totally gone, no matter what.

One thing though; I'm as skeptical as everyone else, but didn't Ian say before that he was promising an actual 'death' death?

One thing though; I'm as skeptical as everyone else, but didn't Ian say before that he was promising an actual 'death' death?