Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I don't remember him saying that specifically.

It has been mentioned a few times in this topic by Darkfox and PC the Hedgehog.

Whatever. I am honestly getting sick of talking about it.

Looking at the Archie Sonic wiki, Flynn has a ton of characters that he could play with especially the alliances and independent teams.

So I got the issue today I liked it not as epic as pitched but still a decent story.

As for Sally's death I'm not angry I'm upset but I'm mature enough to admit Sally isn't essential it's Sonic The Hedgehog not Sally The Squirrle feat. Sonic. I want to make one thing perfectly clear I love Sally and she will be missed but I'm not going to wish death on a writer who has every right to kill a character as long as it serves a perpose, and I'm not going to be contimplaiting suicide over the death of a cartoon animal.

• Thumbs Up 2

The aftermath of Sally's supposed death is going to be interesting. Particularly since, y'know, she's going to be playing a prominent role in the Genesis 4-parter, as the

preview images have shown.

Oh God! I just the issue today folks. And from what I read and saw, the hints are there, if you take time to see them.

1. Why is NICOLE featured after Sonic and Sally you open the gatefold, instead of the other freedom fighters?

2. Why does Sally say, they will use Eggman's Egostim to their advantage.

3. Why does Sally have a concerned look on her face, when NICOLE tells her, she's wants to focus on the mission.

4. Why was Eggman worried about Nagus at first.

and finally

5. On the "Sonic Spin" page, why ask if Sally is toast? Did Eggman win? Why is the world turning white? And then say the answers await in "GENESIS"

Ladies and Gents, say what you will over this past week. But you to admit Ian's throwing a bunch of Red herrings to try and throw long time readers and most noteably newer readers off.

The answers to the questions are already there folks in 225, if you keep a good eye out for them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

We've got previews galore!

sth228.600.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #228

"Genesis" Part Three:

The most talked-about story in Sonic comic history continues as Sonic brings a curious new face into his adventures: Miles Prower, the boy genius! As Sonic and his friends continue the good fight against the evil Dr. Robotnik, the perils get more perilous, old memories begin to resurface, and the Death Egg orbits. Don't miss the penultimate issue to this anniversary special event!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ARTIST: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, John Workman and Matt Herms

COVER: Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante

Shipping Date: 8/17/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 8/31/2011

Newsstands: Week of 9/6/2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet Sonic 3-inspired Genesis cover! Judging by the description, Genesis parts 1 and 2 will deal with Sonic 1, Genesis part 3 will deal with Sonic 2, and the final issue will deal with Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles. It also seems as if the FFs will start to regain their memories of their past world in time to somehow get back to their own world in part 4. Can't wait for part 1 next month! :)

Didn't expect Al and Cal to be in Zone Jail. I guess they played it a bit too loose with time and space and were considered a threat. It also appears that an Eggman is incarcerated with them. I wonder which one? I also like how the cover parallels Sonic #200's.

Oh wow. Looks like inmate Robotnik also pulled out his moustache. ( I was going to mention that it was cut for safety purposes like Scourge's spines, but we know his moustache can't cut things....Or does it? Ian, I have an idea for the next Robotnik! ) I would like to say it could be Kintobor of Moebius, due to his passiveness but it appears that this one might be wearing a tie since there appears to be a knot up by his neck, so this could be an entirely new Robotnik. And I think Ian at one time wanted to do something with Mayor Kintobor but he said that he wouldn't do anything with that zone at the time. Inmate Robotnik must have had a similar experience with his Sonic around #200, but of what way?

Somehow this Robotnik reminds me of Arnold Wesker due to his passive expression. Might be as twisted of a soul as him if he was to end up in Zone Jail.

Also Al and Cal was mentioned by many on the Bumbleking forum to show up in this arc but now we have confirmation to their inclusion.

(Also that's some Classic Robotnik hotness you got going on there on the cover of Genesis. Get it? I made a pun! HAR HAR.) :P

Epic cover! Man that is cool.

Wonder what they're gonna do with the 4th issue though as Sonic & Knuckles the game cover was never really all that... breathtaking! Hahaha

Actually liking that SU cover too, possibly the first Yardley cover I actually honestly think is good.

I just noticed Scourge's spines grew back.. Kind of sad.. I thought it was cool when they were shorter.

Edited by MarcelloF

I did too, honestly. It's kind of a nice throwback to when he -did- have short quills, even after Sonic Prime got the design change.

I wonder if there'll be a canon explanation for how he suddenly has long spines again, or if it'll just be one of those unspoken cartoon hair-grows-back-by-the-next-scene things.

Exactly how much is this Genesis arc retooling? I can plainly see now that classic Robotnik is on the cover to this new Sonic 3 - based cover. Will this somewhat also rewrite the Japanese classic design in? Wouldn't mind that all, honestly.

Also I wonder what they'd do for the 4th Genesis arc cover. The S&K logo isn't all too interesting, but neither are the covers to Sonic CD or Sonic Adventure.

"Old memories begin to resurface" huh? Again, I have no idea exactly what the Genesis arc is culminating to, but I eagerly look forward to finding out.

The last place I expected Al and Cal to make their grand reappearance in the comic is in a Scourge-centric arc. Interesting how they've seemingly reverted back to their non-robotic forms. I see some fun chemistry going on between them and Scourge's gang.

Yes. SU #31 is a deliberate tribute/parody of issue #200.

Someone help Sally out of that bush, she'll surely mess her hair up if she stays in it!

Very excited to see Al and Cal again, and I hope Ian stays true to their impish personas. I'm thinking maybe they destroyed their own zone after the events of #59. They were hinted at in a Sonic-Grams a little while back I think. Not that I'm a big fan of them particularly but it's cool to see the series reach back to old characters. I also get the feeling that this Eggman on the cover is the No Zone's Eggman, like Zintobor or Zobotnik or something. I bet he's the one keeping Scourge under lock to begin with.

Exactly how much is this Genesis arc retooling? I can plainly see now that classic Robotnik is on the cover to this new Sonic 3 - based cover. Will this somewhat also rewrite the Japanese classic design in? Wouldn't mind that all, honestly.

Also I wonder what they'd do for the 4th Genesis arc cover. The S&K logo isn't all too interesting, but neither are the covers to Sonic CD or Sonic Adventure.

Ian has stated that the character in the bush is not Knuckles. We might be looking at simply a Sonic 3 cover that has no relevance to the book except being Genesis part 3.

Ian has stated that the character in the bush is not Knuckles. We might be looking at simply a Sonic 3 cover that has no relevance to the book except being Genesis part 3.