Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I can understand, how many feel about the comic, from the overused to semiused characters, to the art style and most importantly the stories.

Many will argue on how a character should be portrayed and used, some will want a character to be used more then another. Some will even want certain characters paired together, because they feel that's how it should be or that's how they see in the games and feel that's how it should be in the comic.

But then there's the art style, some like it, some don't. Some feel certain characters are drawn wrong and some feel that their drawn just right. Others will say that the art styles betray the characters and who they are, while others enjoy it.

Then, there's the stories themselves. Many feel the comic should portray what is in the games and nothing else. While others like the comic the where it is. While a few would want the comic to portray more of the early - mid 90's cartoon series.

What I'm saying, is despite how we feel about how the comic, and the characters and stories within are presented, there's really not much anyone from any side of the fanbase can do about it.

Why?

Because what will be done and occur, will be done and would have already occurred, even before the issue is officially released.

Geez, that Sonic picture is actually pretty awful. Those eyes...

Geez, that Sonic picture is actually pretty awful. Those eyes...

Oh, don't EVEN start with that mess...

The last thing I want to hear is complaining about a character's eyes right now.

It looks like Tails is preparing a Double Force Lightning.

Lol, it looks more to me like he's about to make a "Why me??" gesture up to the heavens. Or possibly an "I'm going to throttle Sonic if he doesn't slow down!" gesture. XD

The last thing I want to hear is complaining about a character's eyes right now.

But the eyes are drawn really awkwardly. :U It's not the color... it's the brow.

I have to agree, Sonic looks... odd, kinda awkward there. Some of the shapes and angles are just weird, and the shading doesn't make a lot of sense. It does have a nice nostalgic feel to it, but aside from that, it's not the best art I've seen on an Archie Sonic cover.

Looks to me like they have a more "I'm gonna get you Robotnik!" look in their eyes and poses, although somebody should tell them they are running the wrong way! :lol:

Honestly... beyond the general idea behind them, I've hated all three Genesis covers thus far. The perspective on them is just awful. |3

It's a shame, I usually really like the artwork in these comics.

Edited by Sion-Ta

I agree with the cover criticism, it's like they penned the wrong lines and it came out looking that hard '90s way. Basically, Tails' palms have a nice ass and I don't know why.

Edited by Dabnikz

But the eyes are drawn really awkwardly. :U It's not the color... it's the brow.

Okay then, nevermind...

Although, I will say that people could be more specific with their words to avoid this kind of thing.

Basically, Tails' palms have a nice ass and I don't know why.

Cannot unsee.

Thank you very much.

He was the only character that had 2 eye colors for modern style right? or is there someone else i dont remember.

Not sure where you got Knuckles from, but he's never had anything other than violet in modern style. Rouge's eye colour tends to alter, but that's because they're teal thus sometimes they'll go with blue or green.

In the comics, blue was a default for most characters who hadn't been in the game continuity after Adventure. So we had cases where Knuckles' family had blue eyes, most minor Archie creations had blue eyes, and the entirety of the Chaotix (minus Charmy, because he didn't appear in that era apparently) had blue eyes. Thus it must have been awkward when the Chaotix did make a partial return in Heroes, and the designs were transitioning over in Archie (StH#134 has tall Vector with modern headphones and doe-eyed Espio with ninja attire, both with blue eyes). RTAI corrected them fully.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I think the eye problem isn't so much the color as, they seem to have the Classic Sonic body but the new Sonic lighting, eyes, mouth, and well everything else. To new Timers who aren't used to modern fully well or classic at all, this might look fine though.

I honestly can't see anything wrong with these covers, the shading and line choice are a bit weird, but it seems like a style they've gone for, for this. I personally think these covers are awesome and way better than the majority of covers we've had in the last few years, and that's not just because they're nostalgic and all.

A legit question that I have always wondered about.

Who the hell is that in the bushes?

I always thought it was Knuckles, but I was never sure.

A legit question that I have always wondered about.

Who the hell is that in the bushes?

I always thought it was Knuckles, but I was never sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

You mean on Sonic 3? Knuckles, Don't know who else it could be :blink:

On the comic, I think Sally. You can see eyelashes..

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me, or does Robotnik/Eggman look a little weird on the Genesis Cover. On the Sonic 3 boxart, he looked pissed off.

But now......He looks a little giddy (for lack of a better word) on the cover. :mellow:

Not sure where you got Knuckles from, but he's never had anything other than violet in modern style. Rouge's eye colour tends to alter, but that's because they're teal thus sometimes they'll go with blue or green.

Sonic adventure 1+2+shuffle:

http://www.freewebs.com/milestailsprowerrules/knuckles5.png

Sonic Heroes+:

http://sonicstyle.org/artwork/Sonic_Heroes/knuckles.png

In adventure 1+2, knuckles's eye color was dark blue. then when heroes showed up they decided to change his eye color to violet.

Knuckles's eyes were definitely bright blue in the Sonic Advance games, but not in the artwork, just the game itself... I recall noticing it upon my first playthrough thinking it was really strange.