Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

They both look violet to me. Mayvbe it's your eye sight?

Edited by goku262002

1. You got the tags the wrong way around.

2. They still both look violet.

Edit: Either way, they're not the baby blue of the #228 cover, so it couldn't have been modern Knuckles.

Edited by VEDJ-F

The second looks more indigo than violet, but I'd still say both are purple. It may be a bit of artistic licence, but after all, people's eyes can look very different in different lights.

Nice to see discussion of eyes not turning into a flame war. :lol: Really though eyes change in lighting due to there glossy effect, you can't take much from eye color unless it's a blatantly obvious change from say black to blue. All and all I think it's safe to say all of Knux's Connection to chaos energy is changing his eye color. ;)

Well I just got this issue today.

For over a week now I've known how the issue was going to end(a certain page was leaked on one of the Satam forums that I'm a member of).

I'm not going to do a review for this issue. Due to the fact that this storyline is only just starting I don't know what to make of this issue.

I do have some issues with this story.

Again Robotnik calls Naugus a old foe. But the two barely know each other in the Archie Sonic canon.

The two were only enemies in Satam.

As for Sally being dead I doubt it.

I doubt that Ian would kill a popular character like Sally off.

Sally's the glue that holds the Satam characters together. If she's gone then what's the point of keeping the Satam characters around?

If Sally is dead then she got a bad send-off.

A character like Sally deserves a heroic send-off.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well I just got this issue today.

For over a week now I've known how the issue was going to end(a certain page was leaked on one of the Satam forums that I'm a member of).

I'm not going to do a review for this issue. Due to the fact that this storyline is only just starting I don't know what to make of this issue.

I do have some issues with this story.

Again Robotnik calls Naugus a old foe. But the two barely know each other in the Archie Sonic canon.

The two were only enemies in Satam.

As for Sally being dead I doubt it.

I doubt that Ian would kill a popular character like Sally off.

Sally's the glue that holds the Satam characters together. If she's gone then what's the point of keeping the Satam characters around?

If Sally is dead then she got a bad send-off.

A character like Sally deserves a heroic send-off.

He was one of Eggman's prisoners in the egg grapes (this being how he lost his sanity).

Yeah, so, they still barely know each other, but all the same Eggman has files on just about everything, and how can Naugus not know about Eggman. So it would make since for Naugus to say "an old foe" but Eggman? Not really.

1. You got the tags the wrong way around.

2. They still both look violet.

Edit: Either way, they're not the baby blue of the #228 cover, so it couldn't have been modern Knuckles.

1. fixed. but it was only a few seconds after before i fixed that, were you waiting for me to reply?!

2. compare the eyes in a paint shop pro-like program. open the color window and use a color picker tool you'll see in the RGB and Hex that they are 2 seprate colors! If you want i can bring up other official renders to prove it.

Flyboy's already given his word on it, no need to drag it any longer. :/

Flyboy's already given his word on it, no need to drag it any longer. :/

Flyboy's a she ;)

Anyway, I just read FCBD '11 and while it was sort of interesting, the art was pretty bad. But then, I''m no fan of Butler.

But I love Steven Butler and his artwork. I know the guy IRL. D:

Also I got in (a bit late) one of the issues to the Silver arc of Sonic Universe. The coloring has gotten sensationally better! Everything looks like it blends better with the atmosphere and less like blindingly primary color schemes. Am I the only one that noticed that? Because I'm not sure about the other issues but the coloring was exceptionally well done in that one issue with Silver on the cover in the reflection of Enerjak's eye or something.

Sonic 3's cover makes me smile. Why?

It's classic Sega Eggman, and not SatAM Robotnik! Archie actually acknowledging the classic Eggman design absolutely blows my mind. Aside from the cover of the first issue of the mini series (Which didn't have his glasses), and the brief cameo of OVA Eggman, poor classic Eggman has been treated as a mythical thing that didn't exist in Archie continuity.

So seeing him here makes me smile. =D

EDIT: Forgot the giant Eggman statue in Stardust Speedway. Ol' Julian had a statue of his game counterpart back in issue 25 for some reason.

EDIT 2: I just noticed, it's sorta odd, that in the "Genesis" arc- if the covers are any indication- it's going to be the modern-styled heroes against classic-styled Eggman. An interesting dynamic, very curious about the outcome.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

How do you guys feel about the prolouge? I hope they make a habit of this for SU. It's not a bad supplement to tide me over for the (not sure if I should spoiler it but I will anyway)

Scrouge ark

Personally, Linkara is overreacting, IMO. I think it is possible for a character to die without the whole "going down in glory" thing, but it's extremely difficult to pull off without making it look like a shock death and nothing more.

Successful examples

Aeris - Final Fantasy VII

Maes Hugues - Fullmetal Alchemist

Black Belt - Eight-Bit Theater

...and that's about all I can think of at the moment. :\

Personally, Linkara is overreacting, IMO. I think it is possible for a character to die without the whole "going down in glory" thing, but it's extremely difficult to pull off without making it look like a shock death and nothing more.

Successful examples

I always wondered what would happen if someone just died of natural causes instead of going down in a blaze of glory.

You know like old age. I wonder if that would be considered classy and respectful for the fan base if it was for a character that happened to be known for adventure and action? I wonder how the fan base would react to that?

Edited by Kintobor

Aeris is not a good example since she died a thirdway into the first game she was introduced in, and is therefore not a long-running character.

Aeris is not a good example since she died a thirdway into the first game she was introduced in, and is therefore not a long-running character.

The second looks more indigo than violet, but I'd still say both are purple. It may be a bit of artistic licence, but after all, people's eyes can look very different in different lights.

Successful examples

"

...was not a main hero and had a huge build-up with the confirmation of one very special death taking place in that issue long before it came out. "The Night Gwen Stacey Died" did not even get a titlecard until the last page because of Marvel wanting to keep that build-up.

The question here was if major characters died without getting a glory moment. Gwen Stacey was a major character and she died rather anti-climatically. She was also a long running character prior to her death and served as much as importance as Sally. And calling Sally a hero? Lets not exaggerate her effectiveness.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Kamina from Gurren Lagann, He died 8 episodes into the series and at that point, he was pretty much the only reason people watched the show, even going as far to quit after he died. But the show without a doubt got so much better BECAUSE he died, so it shows a major character can die, and not drag the show to hell.

I don't think he counts.

He meant to say characters that didn't die in a blaze of glory. Kamina may have only lasted 8 episodes, but just try to tell me with a straight face that he didn't die in a blaze of glory.

Much better examples than that would be characters like:

Mami from Madoka Magica. While her death could be labeled as "shock factor", it also moved the plot forward by instigating Sayaka to become a magical girl, and what forced Kyouko to show up,and truly showed us how tragic it can be to become a magical girl.

Speaking of Sayaka; her death could fit even better. She basically died by giving into her own despair, betrayed by her own idealism, she never even died protecting anyone like Mami did, but her death also moved the plot forward, by revealing what inevitably happens to all magical girls.

And last but most certaintly not least:

Julia from Cowboy Bebop, 'nuff said.

Edited by Rynnec

The question here was if major characters died without getting a glory moment. Gwen Stacey was a major character and she died rather anti-climatically. She was also a long running character prior to her death and served as much as importance as Sally. And calling Sally a hero? Lets not exaggerate her effectiveness.

I was just mentioning that Linkara means heroes, he's talked about that various times before, I thought that was the discussion. :P

And don't worry, I hate Sally, would not exaggerate her.