Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

There is a button for spoilers if you go next to the fonts pull down where it says other styles. Select it and it'll make the tags for you.

Edited by DragonSoul

Then what the hell was the point of hyping this issue up, if nothing comes from it?

I'll be VERY pissed if nothing does happen to her, not because I hate Sally, but because we were told something ground breaking would happen to change the status quo, for nothing to come from that, it would be false advertising on Ian's part, and really bad for the comic franchise.

She doesn't have to die for that to happen. She could end up like Rotor and be permanently side lined, or even be brain damaged like Charmy. In fact, death is the EASY way out. There's an infinite amount of "and I must scream" scenarios that could be done.

Personally, I hope she at least stays alive. If she doesn't that means I have to see years upon years of all the cast wangsting about it. How long did it take Shadow to come to terms with Maria? 4 years of comics? No thanks.

Edited by Aquaslash

How long did it take Shadow to come to terms with Maria? 4 years of comics? No thanks.

Since I haven't read I could be wrong, but wasn't this because there were 4 years between Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog in release time and they wanted to be relevant?

She doesn't have to die for that to happen. She could end up like Rotor and be permanently side lined, or even be brain damaged like Charmy. In fact, death is the EASY way out. There's an infinite amount of "and I must scream" scenarios that could be done.

Personally, I hope she at least stays alive. If she doesn't that means I have to see years upon years of all the cast wangsting about it. How long did it take Shadow to come to terms with Maria? 4 years of comics? No thanks.

I don't care what happens to her as long as its permanent, and it improves the overall story, because Archie has been very unimpressive to me for the past couple of months.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This just in.

Former Sonic comic writer and artist Ken Penders has filed a civil lawsuit against both Sega and Electronic Arts, TSSZ has learned.

The lawsuit was filed Tuesday at the Central District of California Western Division court, a federal court in Los Angeles. Sega of America and Electronic Arts are specifically named as defendants, according to documents obtained by TSSZ. A summons has been issued to the named defendants.

Portions of the public record made available to TSSZ indicate the case, at its core, will center on copyright infringement claims. Included in the filing is a notification to the US Copyright Office, which is required for any action or appeal on a copyright, and in this matter details more than 30 claims Penders filed going back to early 2009. According to a statement Penders made last year, the US Copyright Office certified those claims. In this case, the copyrights cited include material from the Sonic’s Friendly Nemesis Knuckles , the Knuckles The Dark Legion mini-series, and the proper Knuckles series that followed. Also included in the claims are data files for Julie-Su and Brotherhood of the Guardians. If nothing else, it now appears Penders is serious about defending his still valid copyrights.

Though we cannot confirm the circumstances of the case due to the current absence of the formal complaint in the public record, it should be noted Electronic Arts bought BioWare in October 2007–almost a year before the BioWare developed, Sega published Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood was released to the Nintendo DS. In his initial public statement about the copyright claims last year, Penders does say that game, amid other factors, prompted him to take action in the first place:

I initially took the action of reclaiming my work when I was contacted by many SONIC fans asking me if I had contributed in any way to the development of the video game SONIC CHRONICLES: THE DARK BROTHERHOOD. I was then startled to learn how many characters and concepts from the KNUCKLES series I created were adapted within the framework of the game’s storyline. It was clearly obvious why suddenly so many fans sat up and took notice.

We should also note Penders remains at the center of another ongoing legal matter between him and Archie Comics, in which Penders is named as a defendant, and Archie is seeking a declaratory judgment to determine who owns what of Penders’s past work.

We will bring you more information on this developing story when more material becomes publicly accessible.

Isn't the Sonic comic-- like every other canon-- pretty much owned by Sega, thus they can do whatever they want with any elements within it?

You must be fucking joking me.

SEGA was enough of a juggernaut for him to take on, but he wants to sue EA too?!

Good grief.

Wow. His life is over. It was bad enough he was taking on Archie Comics, who has a history of mercilessly screwing people over even when they're in the right, but now he wants to take on Sega, AND the arguably stronger than both of them put together EA too!

He is going to get pimp slapped 3 ways from Sunday, and it will be GLORIOUS.

I actually feel sorry for him. He must be in a bad place to have felt this was his only recourse. He's either desperate or insane. Perhaps a little of both.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that Penders is jealous of the fact that the Archie Sonic books have been doing so well under Ian.

Penders own projects have failed. The "Lost Ones" was cancelled after one issue.

I do feel slightly bad for him, but he's really making himself look bad.

@Darkfox: If you ask me, it's more about desperation rather than jealousy.

Penders own projects have failed. The "Lost Ones" was cancelled after one issue.

Ouch! That's gotta hurt!

#225 got delay a day because of Memorial day.. which is another way of saying someone screwed up.

Local store is getting both covers thou *nods*

Sonic Chronicles predates Penders copyrights(Penders started fileing for copyrights back in December of 2008)by a couple of months so I can't see Penders winning this.

Woh! Nintendo Power has a Sonic Archie Genesis arc interview! Has anybody posted scans? If not, I can do so after dinner (1 hour or less)

Woh! Nintendo Power has a Sonic Archie Genesis arc interview! Has anybody posted scans? If not, I can do so after dinner (1 hour or less)

What? :blink: I didn't know that.

They just recently released the issue about Generations on the 3DS, this is in the same issue isn't it?

Please scan the pics when you get the chance, Barry.

Edited by DragonSoul

Sonic Chronicles predates Penders copyrights(Penders started fileing for copyrights back in December of 2008)by a couple of months so I can't see Penders winning this.

Sega OWNS Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog, too. Of course Penders can't win this; even if Sonic Chronicles -was- entirely based on The Dark Legion. Bioware themselves indicated that it was coincidentally similar; and even then, The Nocturnus are quite a bit different from the Dark Legion, too, despite some similarities.

Its obvious he's targetting Sonic Chronicles here... but it'd be pure stupidity for him to actually get anything out of it, since Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog itself is Sega property, so it doesn't matter even IF the events of the game were ripped straight out of the comics (which they weren't; they are definitely different enough to be considered a totally separate entity... not to mention the fact that the style of anthro characters in the Sonic series was first drawn out by Sega, so he can't lay any claim to that, either).

If he's truly "penniless"... how the hell can he afford to file a lawsuit?

A quick question, is there any way to purchase Archie's Sonic comics digitally? Their website was confusing. :P

Just read the interview myself! Lots of interesting tidbits and they even included a look at the first few pages of Genesis! The interview confirms that Genesis will ONLY be covering Sonic 1 and 2. Knuckles won't be showing up. Also, Ian confirmed that the fallout after Genesis will "affect characters and plots in the book for years to come." Another thing of note is that there WILL be a Sonic Generations adaptation and it'll be in Issue #230! Can't wait! :D

Edited by chaoscontrol14

#225 got delay a day because of Memorial day.. which is another way of saying someone screwed up.

Local store is getting both covers thou *nods*

Yeah I noticed. They have Sonic Universe #28 in though..So who is screwing around here?

Latest NP issue (Sonic Generations) has a 2 page interview with Ian Flynn, includes the first three pages at the bottom!

dpu538.jpg

34guhc9.jpg

The first three pages biggie sized:

29lh406.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 6

Wait. So these doesn't take place on Mobius what-so-ever?

"Welcome to a whole new world"

rahter than "Welcome to a whole new Mobius".

This is indeed interesting.

Genesis looks pretty neat.

Thanks, Barry.

Edited by MarcelloF

Like I've said in other places... Buy multiple copies of the genesis arc.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad it's only a four issue story, and not a real reboot to the comics.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1