Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Just got my missing issues from Archie after I contacted them about it, as well as getting the new Universe issue so I ended up with three issues today. Archie's inconsistent shipping schedule has been annoying me a lot.

Sonic_Archives_17_Amazon.jpg

Sonic Archives #17

Release: February 7th 2012

Has issues 63-66

Can't remember exactly what happened in those issues, but going by the cover, I'm guessing it was Nate Morgan and his stash of rings. So the battle against Naugus.

Sonicuniverse2.jpg

Sonic Universe #2 30 Years Later

Release: March 2012

Issues 5-8 of Sonic Universe

Like the cover. The arc was good, too, but I'm most excited for Journey to the East and Tails Adventure

Sonic_Genesis.jpg.

Sonic Genesis

Release: December 13th 2011

Issues: 226-229

Can't wait for this. Cover is cool, but we've seen it already. Seems a bit redundant, though, seeing as it will be released in the Archives, too. Oh, well, I can get this in a bigger format like this.

Archie should really speed up the Archives release schedule.

Edited by Marcellof
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just noticed something of a mistake in issue #226.

On page four, you see the animal capsule underneath Snively destroyed when Sonic flies into in riding a Newtron. However, a few pages later, the capsule's still there and Sonic destroys it by pressing the button.

Well, unless there's more than one capsule there, I dunno.

Since the preview pages for SU #30 are now up, I will work promptly on my usual summary and will probably have it up by the end of the day. In the meantime...

I JUST GOT STH #227! :D Expect my usual summary of THAT when the preview pages are up and I get done reading it, but everyone is free to PM me for details after I post my SU #30 summary. :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Where is the best place to buy Sonic Universe online in the UK? I'm not sure if I should trust Ebay or Amazon with pre-owned items.

Edited by thedarkknight

Hey darkknight wel tbhh I get them from ebay mostly from a-place-in-space. If you ant you could try forbiddenplanet, not sure if that helps never tried amazon for them i just go with ebay, been buying from them for 8 years and never had a problem.

*Reads Sonic Universe 30*

....Isn't Abby the maid in the Mobius: 25 years later Arc?

Alright, sorry for the short delay, but it's finally summary time!

1.The issue opens with Scourge being beaten up by three random prisoners.

2.Al and Cal are watching and are quite glad that it isn't THEM taking the business from those thugs.

3.Zone Cops arrive and break up the fight.

4.The Zone Cops tell Scourge to come with them.

5.Scourge claims that he hasn't done anything, but he leaves with the Zone Cops anyway.

6.Al and Cal wish Scourge good luck and tell him to put in a good word for them with the warden.

7.Scourge arrives in Warden Zobotnik's office.

8."Ah, my prize prisoner! You didn't give the guards any trouble, did you?"

9."Yeah...what you said."

10."I'm deeply concerned for you, Scourge. I've made it my mission to reform you..."

11."Uh-huh."

12."...so when I ask, "What's going on between you and the Destructix?" You know I only have your best interests at heart."

13."Oh, them? They're just marking me as their favorite punching bag. Nothing special."

14."Hmmm. I'd like you to see something..."

15.He shows Scourge video footage from when the Destructix were arrested.

16.An officer tells them to freeze and surrender themselves if they're agents of Dr. Nega, but Fiona snaps her fingers, queing Sgt. Simian to toss a patrol car at the officers.

17.The comic then cuts to Scourge and the warden watching the video with sounds of a huge battle going on. Scourge looks impressed by what he sees.

18.Zobotnik clicks off the monitor.

19."These monsters are TOO hardcore for you to handle. Your Suppression Squad were mere thugs, and your antics with the various Robotniks of the multiverse are NOTHING compared to these mercenaries! You can take your lumps, but I worry they'll break you worse than I ever--er--ever imagined."

20."Don't worry, sir. If things get out of hand, I'll come to you."

21."Thank you, my boy. You've made the right choice."

22.Zobotniks thinks of the implications of Scourge's recent decision.

23."At last! His spirit is broken! Now I can remold him as a force for good!"

24.Scourge, however, has other thoughts.

25."I'll wipe my feet on your face on my way out the door."

26.Cut to the prison yard, where Fiona notices Scourge's exit from the warden's office.

27."There's my man! That's the strut I remember!"

28.Sitting next to her on a bench is an evil version of Abby the Koala. (Yes, the maid from Mobius 25 years later.)

29."Meh, I don't know what you see in "snot," kid. I've seen mildew stains tougher than him."

30."Just wait until you see him in action, Abby. He's amazing."

31.Abby doesn't believe her and claims that she's seen numerous morons and pretenders walk through these prison yards before.

32.A Vector-esque Crocodile approaches Abby carrying a tray of food.

33."The extra meal you wanted smuggled out, ma'am..."

34.Abby shoves the tray into his face.

35."I hate grapes."

36.Abby says that Fiona doesn't give her the feeling of being a pretender and guesses that she's suffered life behind bars before.

37.Fiona tells Abby her origins of being imprisoned for most of her childhood, escaping, never being able to find her family and looking out for herself (This panel features a shadowed cameo from Nic the Weasel!), and joining up with Bark and Bean to heist Emeralds.

38."Don't worry about me or my boys. I ALWAYS have a way out."

39.Meanwhile, Jeffrey St. Croix is surveying her and Abby's conversation and draws a sly grin.

40.Cut to the exercise yard where Sgt. Simian is working out.

41.Scourge approaches him and offers to spot him, but Simian tells him that he doesn't weight half as much as the bar he was using.

42."Fine. Look, I'm just trying to make up for what I said yesterday."

43."So now I AM worth your time?"

44."Yes! Sure! Criminy! What do you want from me?"

45."Let me tell you a story. Years ago when Dr. Robotnik's forces first began to spread, I wanted to take action..."

46.In Simian's (He's called by his actual name, Simon, in the flashback.) jungle village, he says that he and his family have to take the fight to Robotnik if they want to survive his onslaught in the future, but his Grandfather assures him that Robotnik won't find their village again.

47.His Grandfather scolds him for buying weapons to combat Robotnik, but Simian says that they can end the madness tonight if they destroy Robotnik's base at the edge of the jungle.

48.His Grandfather tells him that he can have his little war, but he's not dragging their family into this.

49.Simian sets off on a one-man war against Robotnik and begins his assault on the base. He uses lasers and grenades to destroy multiple Badniks, Swatbots, and walls. He seems to be getting the upper hand, but he's quickly surrounded by Swatbots and loses consciousness.

50.He wakes up in a cave with Mammoth Mogul surveying him. He says that he's impressed by Simian's talent and offers to give him more power than he could ever imagine if he'll loyally serve him. Simian excepts the offer.

51."I served Mogul for a time, even if I didn't understand his plans. I learned the power of strong team-mates. Then, with his permission, I returned home..."

52.Simian returns to his village and is given a hero's welcome. His Grandfather admits that they were wrong to doubt Simian and offers to make him a Sergeant if he'll lead them. He presents him with a Sergeant arm band and Simian puts it on.

53."You know...I HAVE earned this for all I've done...but you all haven't earned ME."

54.Simian keeps the arm band and takes his leave from the village.

55.Cut back to the exercise yard, Simian ends his story.

56."Dude. Harsh. But what's that got to do with me?"

57."You asked what I wanted from you. I want to work with the strongest. Do not dismiss us with one breath, then beg for us in the next. You conquered your PLANET. Show this prison--show ME--that strength again."

58."Is that all? Dude, I WANT us out of here. And we'll go straight through anyone in our way."

59."Much better. I cannot speak for my comrades, but you have my strength."

60."Sweet. Can't wait to see you bust heads, big guy."

61.Cut to the recreation area, Predator Hawk is perched on a basketball hoop. Suddenly, a basketball strikes the hoop and shakes him. The hurler is revealed to be Scourge.

62."Yo, gargoyle! Let's talk business!"

63."I saw you speak with Simian. He didn't crush your head. I will listen to you."

64."Cool. So...uh...what's your deal, man? What do you want from me?"

65."Want? What I've always wanted. Purpose. Challenge. And years ago I thought I'd found it in the Battle Bird Armada..."

66.Predator Hawk tells his origin of how he joined the Battle Bird Armada to find challenge and purpose in life and exceeded through their ranks to become one of their best soldiers. However, all of the rules and restrictions given to even the highest-ranked soldier annoyed and frustrated him. After Predator lashed out at Speedy for being the only soldier to not have to follow any rules despite being weaker than himself, the Battle Lord stripped him of his rank and imprisoned him.

67.Predator was eventually freed by the Babylon Rogues and joined them for a while, finding life a lot better without the BBA's rules and restrictions. However, he quickly grew tired of hunting for treasure rather than live prey and BBA soldiers and became annoyed by Jet being weak and not earning his place as leader. One day, while Jet is trying to sell an ancient treasure to a buyer for a large price, the buyer says that he'll only pay if Predator comes with him. The buyer reveals himself as Mammoth Mogul and offers Predator a chance to hunt the living and to remove certain...obstacles in his way. Predator gladly accepts his offer.

68."Mogul gave me purpose. Mogul gave me prey. CHALLENGING prey."

69.Predator ends his story and descends from the hoop.

70."Challenge me. Give me prey. Earn my respect. THAT is what I want."

71."If you can keep up, I'll let you take out a few guys for me!"

72."Better. I'll be waiting."

73.A prison announcement calls the inmates to dinner and the two leave the yard.

74."Do not disappoint me, or I will hunt YOU instead."

75."Yeah, yeah, yeah."

76.Al and Cal meet back up with Scourge, relieved to see that the Destructix didn't dismember him.

77.The three have lunch and then Scourge returns to his bunk where he's met by Smalls.

78."Smile while you can, snot. I stole five trays of beans at dinner! HUH HUH! *SNORT!* HUH HUH!"

79."Won't make much of a difference for you, Smalls."

80."Uh...what?"

81."Nevermind, man."

82.Scourge thinks to himself.

83."Two more of those morons to win over, and then we bust out of here. But NOT before I repay a few debts..."

84.The issue ends.

85.There's also a very funny Off-Panel strip featuring a hilarious reference to Dexter's Laboratory.

Just got my issue of Sonic Universe 30- It's nice to have a bit more back story to the Destuctixs. Can't wait for the next one to come out. Still waiting for Sonic 227 to arrive. Very anxious. I would like to see what's in store in 230 and how they are going to conclude the storyline.

Got 227 this morning in the mail, very interesting :blink: indeed ;)

What zones are shown in Sonic 227?

517jFnj66-L__SS500_.jpg

Knuckles Archives #2 cover

What zones are shown in Sonic 227?

Labyrinth, Star Light, and Scrap Brain.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Here are the covers to StH #230 and SU #33.

sth230.600.jpg

su33.600.jpg

Well, looks like SU #33 is indeed the beginning of a Babylon Rogues story arc! And hey--Metal Sonic shows up in StH #230! Cool.

Babylons? Dagh! I'd rather have a Mighty arc. Well the Battle Kukku Army will appear. So, that's a plus.

ANYWAY.. Looks like Sally's alive.

Edited by Marcellof