Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Here's the thing with Ian, as with some NEW head writers that take the reigns of a poplaur comic, they always want to put their own spin on things, and take the comic in a direction they want, instead of relying on what made the comic popular in the first place.

Now sometimes this is a good thing to have happen, and sometimes it's a bad thing, or in the case of someone like say Ian, it could end up as a converstional thing. The reason I say this, is because some NEW head writers do a such a good job that fans old and new keep coming back for more. However if the NEW head writer does a bad job the fans won't want to read the book no more and thus sales are at times effected, both newsstand and subscription wise. Now if a NEW head writer starts out converstionally, fans old and new may be up in the air, because they won't know what the heck that head writer has planned, because they don't know if it will be good or bad, because if it's good, their want to see more, if it's bad, then they won't want to see anymore of it.

Now with Ian, some of things he's done, with Fiona's change of character possibly at the top of the list, as well as some of the character deaths that he did, some good in the eyes of the fans (Tommy) and some not needed (Locke).

But let's not forget, he also has done what many consider some of the most horrendous storyarc's out there, with the Iron Dominion saga which last about a year, which also had a spin-off in the Journey to the East 4-part mini-series in Sonic Universe possibly at the top of that list. Now me, personally I had no problem with this saga, but I can fully understand other fans frustration with it.

As for covering his rear and banning people who criticize his work, I can fully understand that, because I've been and am currently there myself. And in my opinion, he just doesn't like when people figure his storyarc's out and call him out on it.

Now as far as 232 goes, word going around is Ian is NOT HAPPY with Big Wayne Comics relieving the official cover of 232 so soon. Well the way I see it, and I said this before on other sites and on the YT, he's eventually going to slip up along the way with this storyarc, and well here's one of those slip up's he didn't see or should have seen coming. I mean (no offense) does Ian think we're that dumb, I mean if he's doing this to attach more NEW readers, I can fully understand that, but when comes to long-times readers, who's he kidding.

Now before I end this, let me clear something up, I don't hate Ian Flynn, as matter of fact I respect him for being the first fan or least one of the first fans to become a writer (head or not) for the comic. The only problem I have with him, is he doesn't make himself clear when he's working on the stories for the comic, in other words, he doesn't give a straight answer when it comes to what he plans to do in the stories contained within the comic. I only wish he would just come out and tells straight forward what he has planned for the future of both Sonic Comics when it comes to stories, not play games.

Anyway that's all I'm going to say for now.

I like how this has nothing to do with what Ian said in that quote. Why did you bother replying to tsz11 with this?

Because he's Brian Walmer, the man who doesn't know what he's talking about. Betcha he copied and pasted this on eleven other message boards.

• Thumbs Up 4

I only wish he would just come out and tells straight forward what he has planned for the future of both Sonic Comics when it comes to stories, not play games.

So you want him to tell you how the story is going to end, and what's going to happen before you read the issue? Kind of takes away the point of reading the book then, doesn't it?

So you want him to tell you how the story is going to end, and what's going to happen before you read the issue? Kind of takes away the point of reading the book then, doesn't it?

No I mean, tell us what characters will be focused on throughout the year in what issues and comics

I'm pretty sure that at the NYC comic con we'll get some info on what's goingto happen next year. And we know who this arc is gonna focus on. Some people must not be that bright to figure that out. And what made the comic so enjoyable in the first place? For me the comic kind of fell out of intrest after sonic came back from space, and maybe also bit before then. Oh yea this is my first post on this site. You guys seem like real chill ppl.

>>Speaking of which, where there crabmeats in Mobotropolis Zone? I could have sworn that they were exclusive to Green Hill.

It's a Shellcracker

I have a question concerning the Sonic X comics.

I'm watching the Tv series for the first time, and I heard that certain story arcs in the comics take place in between episodes of the show. Can anyone tell me which issues fall between which episodes? Or point me somewhere where somebody has already done the research?

I have a question concerning the Sonic X comics.

I'm watching the Tv series for the first time, and I heard that certain story arcs in the comics take place in between episodes of the show. Can anyone tell me which issues fall between which episodes? Or point me somewhere where somebody has already done the research?

• Thumbs Up 1

All I know is today when I got my issue in the mail, the Sonic Spin page, had "Final" fate in it when it comes to Sally's situation.

But I doub't that's even true, I mean how many times have we heard of "Final" Fate in this comic or many comics.

I still don't think it may not last long at all.

And I guess Paul and Ian want to make Sally into their version of Jean Grey/Phoneix, guess that would explain what Paul said when he said she had a Jean Grey like syndrome.

You know with this going on, I decided that possibly with 231, I'll be putting my video/audio reviews on hold till this whole thing is settled, I mean I'll still collect the comics (keep them sealed till the right time) and give monthly opinions on my Youtube Channel, I just won't being doing my reviews for awhile till everything cools off. Which by then I will do a massive review.

And again my advice is this :

I know many fans will still subscribe/buy the comic and read it, while many other fans will sit by and wait for a sulation to the problem to take place. But here's my advice, if you have the SatAM DVD Box Set, watch that to bide the time while you wait or read the issues up till or before 225 and Genesis to again bide the time till her situation is over and done with. That's just my advice, because that's what I would do to bide the time.
Edited by bwrosas

Sonsal people think the story's are shunning Sally to make Amy look better.

And the Sonamy people think its shunning Amy to make Sally look better.

It makes no sence to me, it can't be both. But I don't get shipping any way lol

Wow the board really changed alot.

Sonsal people think the story's are shunning Sally to make Amy look better.

And the Sonamy people think its shunning Amy to make Sally look better.

It makes no sence to me, it can't be both. But I don't get shipping any way lol

Wow the board really changed alot.

What I don't get is why Ian said shipping Sonic in general is a element to his character. Why does Sonic need women or love to have a versitle character, he's aimed for children after all, and clearly he can't have sex due to that standard. He's doesn't have the same teenage hormonal issues as real life teenage males due, he's way to light hearted.

Same with Knuckles. Especially Knuckles.

How was it unrealistic?

Teens are pretty stupid with this kind of thing, even with past problems, I don't see it as really all too off for them to get back together just like that. It's not even that they ever totally got over each other.

Edited by MarcelloF

I think Flynn very well knows what he's doing with this whole shipping business. While I think the whole thing is pretty stupid, these shippers are still putting their 3bux in every month to find out the latest love happenings.

He's like Sideways. Stringing along both the Autobots (SonAmy shippers) and the the Decepticons (SonSal shippers) so that they keep fighting, and ultimately end up supporting Unicron (Archie Comics) through their fighting.

I still don't understand why people think Ian has ignored sonic and Sally's fight. Some people have never been love I guess. If you really love somebody, with time you learn to forgive. But any ways, it's not even helpful advice, it's like little babies whining, hoping to get their own ideas in the comic, when them their selfs would ruin the comic.