Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The whole Sonic-Tails-Fiona thing was stupid.

Tails never really loved Fiona. All he did was take the feelings that he had for robot Fiona and transfer them to the real thing. I think that he saw Fiona as more of an "object" then a person.

Luckly Ian made Fiona a villain(and a more interesting character).

No, its called criticism, god we make a few complaints about the comic and then we're called whiners, why do we have to love this book? The topic doesn't say we're not allowed to post criticism on it.

Totally off-topic: But where did this Espio and Vector pairing come from? I thought VEJI was the only one.

Is he reffereing to Rosy (Anti-Amy)?

Speaking of Rosy, did anyone notice how Ian transferred all the Criticism and thoughts about AMy to ANti Amy? (EG. A Stalker, Hammer happy, Insane)

Its Amy in her Classic outfit.

And holy shit your right.....the FIEND!!

Its Amy in her Classic outfit.

And holy shit your right.....the FIEND!!

I know its Amy. I meant is he talking about Rosy to C'Amy.

Rosy (Anti-Amy) is scary as all hell, but dear god do I love her. I absolutely adore how she looks like Classic Amy in design and even clothing. That was a genius twist.

Don't get me wrong; I do like Amy. She's not a favourite, but I like her and I hate it when certain Sally and SonSal fans bash on her for no real reason. Amy doesn't deserve that. But good LORD Rosy cracks me up. And terrifies me. In equal measure. XD

Rosy (Anti-Amy) is scary as all hell, but dear god do I love her. I absolutely adore how she looks like Classic Amy in design and even clothing. That was a genius twist.

Don't get me wrong; I do like Amy. She's not a favourite, but I like her and I hate it when certain Sally and SonSal fans bash on her for no real reason. Amy doesn't deserve that. But good LORD Rosy cracks me up. And terrifies me. In equal measure. XD

There was once a time when I thought of a hypothetical situation: if I had the chance to press a button to wipe out Sally from existance, would I take it? my own answer was no, the reason: E-122 Psi (he alone outweights all the bad stuff). Today I'm happy to have found another reason.

Regarding anti-Amy, while I agree it she was somewhat funny in a creepy way, the concept is really not an anti but rather an over exaggeration of all of the bad traits of Amy to create a caricature of her that as someone already pointed out, feels like a way to mock the character, a real anti would had been the diametrical opposite of her, and considering how Amy adores Sonic, is cheerful, selfless and kind, a proper anti-Amy should hate Sonic's guts, be pesimistic (and a bit sarcastic) as well as mean and selfish, which would work wonders if confronted with the real Amy because she would mock her infatuation and say things that hurt.

I liked anti-Amy when she was genuinely homicidal and maniacal, until half way through the story she transformed into a looney tunes character.

Now that Archie finally releases some of their Sonic content in "real" tpb format, do you think the core Sonic book will be relased like this too?

Regarding anti-Amy, while I agree it she was somewhat funny in a creepy way, the concept is really not an anti but rather an over exaggeration of all of the bad traits of Amy to create a caricature of her that as someone already pointed out, feels like a way to mock the character, a real anti would had been the diametrical opposite of her, and considering how Amy adores Sonic, is cheerful, selfless and kind, a proper anti-Amy should hate Sonic's guts, be pesimistic (and a bit sarcastic) as well as mean and selfish, which would work wonders if confronted with the real Amy because she would mock her infatuation and say things that hurt.

@Dusk Golem

Here here! Finally someone who makes some sense.

I honestly can't stand the sheer amount of bitching some people go on and on about with this comic series. Romance is a part of the comic, deal with it.

It's not like everything else takes a backseat. Just like a properly functioning comic universe should, the Sonic Universe has romance plots as well as political plots character building plots, dramatic plots and action plots.

I'm really tired of hearing the whinning that goes on here by some people who act like the comic is some soap opera or something. Plus there is a simple option: don't read the damn thing if you hate it so much!

Agreed with Dusk Golem. If anything, Ian's done a good job at creating a healthy balance between the adventure and more personal moments. It's not a total soap opera like it was around the middle of the run, but it's not a total action-fest either. Sure, there was a plot or two that could've been handled better, but overall, I'm pretty happy with how Ian has been running things.

• Thumbs Up 1

And bwrosas, stop acting like Ian has some secret agenda and there's some huge conspiracy about the Sonic comics. You write well enough and seem intelligent besides the fact I can't for the life of me figure out what you're trying to achieve by insisting that Ian is some mastermind of emotions and craft to trick people into liking the comic. It sounds like you're butthurt being banned off his forums or something.

I'm not saying he does, he just doesn't give a straight hint of what or who could be affectd, so the fans can be ready for whatever.

^Well, that's the thing, a writer is not supposed to reveal everything that's going to happen. If we knew everything he was planning, there'd be no drama or tension. Nothing would be suprising. Simply speculating about what will happen is a part of the fun when anticipating a comic, game, etc.

Take Sonic Generations for example. Most if not all the stages have been leaked from the demo. While it did excite most people at first and still does, it does take away some of the suprise the game was supposed to give (if of course, you're the kind to give in to spoilers, at least.)

I'm not saying he does, he just doesn't give a straight hint of what or who could be affectd, so the fans can be ready for whatever.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr Flynn is well trained in the art of Secrecy. Much better to keep his secrets close until they can be used for dramatic effect.

Yeah well that's why I'm not doing any video/audio/text reviews of current issues for awhile or opening the issues up when I get them in the mail. And I'm not saying give spoilers away, just clue fans in on who will have huge or small parts in the storyarc

Edited by bwrosas

To be fair, none of the Moebius versions of the main cast are "true" antis. If they were, then Scourge wouldn't have a massive ego, Miles wouldn't be good with technology, Alicia wouldn't be so confident, etc etc. The antis really are just the main cast with no moral compasses and skewed personalities. If Rosy is an exaggeration of Amy's "bad traits" with a bit of nastiness thrown on top, then so are the rest of 'em. It's not really an attack on Amy if it's the status quo for the construction of ALL of them. She did go a little over the top. But still, I liked her even then. Comic relief. (And Scourge's absolute terror in her presence cracks me up XD).
Rosy does hate scourge, but the reason she is insane is because, In the Prime Zone, AMy used a special ring to make herself older. But the Anti AMy, when she used the ring, It screwed her mind and all she wants to do now is SMASHY SCOURGEY.

SHe probably used to be an exact opposite of AMy.

And and Anti Tails would still be good with tech. Antis are usually just different in Personallity, not Skills.

Tails hates the name MILES, has a childish personality, But deep down hes a Brave hero.

Miles hates the name TAILS, has a Mature personality, But deep down hes a Scared little boy.

Anti Knuckles hates violence, gaurds many emeralds to keep the air dome of SUNKEN ISland perfect.

Alicia can be a tolerable peasant with many flaws and very cowardly

Patch would be have been brave and dashing at first, but to mirror Antione's development, he beacomes weak and cowardly, right after his divorce. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

And and Anti Tails would still be good with tech. Antis are usually just different in Personallity, not Skills.

Tails hates the name MILES, has a childish personality, But deep down hes a Brave hero.

Miles hates the name TAILS, has a Mature personality, But deep down hes a Scared little boy.

I don't think that Miles and Tails are as opposite as you think. I think Miles' personality is just a darker and more intense version of Tails'. Tails doesn't like being treated like a child - he's complained about it in the past - but doesn't go out of his way to be seen as grown up. Miles, on the other hand, hates being seen as a child so much that he goes out of his way to appear as grown up and competent as possible. They're not opposites at all, they just grew up in different worlds: one with a darker underlying energy than the other.

The same goes for Scourge, Alicia, all of them. They're really not opposites at all. Scourge's ego, for example, is just Sonic's confident attitude gone out of control and lacking the moral compass that keeps Sonic in check.

That's why I find them interesting. That's why they're my favourite characters. They're more than just black/white polar opposites of each other. They're the same people living a different life in a world where moral compasses are flipped.

The antis are definitely not polar opposites. You could try to bend and twist some of their behavior to be opposite to their Mobian counterparts, but it's at a stretch. In fact, a lot of the supposed opposite behavior that many people are refering to here are a direct result of Anti-Sonic's very unpredictable transformation into Scourge.

Miles is definitely not a scared little boy-- he organized a coup d'etat against a very danerous tyrant. Yes, he was frightened when super Scourge figured out he was behind the mutiny... but damn, who wouldn't have been? He was one Silver away from being singled out and creamed into oblivion. But what other example has there been of some hidden immaturity? None that I can see. He's still everything Tails is, but twisted towards a sinister cause.

Alicia is VERY similar to Sally, but again, her ethics are just skewed. She would be the monarch IF Scourge's new god-like powers hadn't been tossed into the mix. However, she maintains her tactical prowess and is ready to reclaim power when Scourge is out of the picture -- she's even diplomatic enough to concede some of that power to Miles.

You could argue that Patch is more of a personality opposite to Antoine, since he lacks the cowardice that marks Antoine's persona. But Antoine has also be a very jealous and sometimes vindictive character, which Patch is ALSO in spades.... so this one is difficult, but still definitely not personality polar opposites.

Boomer is Rotor on steroids... a Rotor who pushed his technological prowess past the ethical boundary. Again, an evil exaggeration, not an opposite.

And I think it goes without saying that Scourge and Sonic are extremely similar in many ways, just with moral differences. They say it best themselves... it would be so easy for one to be just like the other.

Edited by Way Past Cool
  • Thumbs Up 3

The antis are definitely not polar opposites. You could try to bend and twist some of their behavior to be opposite to their Mobian counterparts, but it's at a stretch. In fact, a lot of the supposed opposite behavior that many people are refering to here are a direct result of Anti-Sonic's very unpredictable transformation into Scourge.

Miles is definitely not a scared little boy-- he organized a coup d'etat against a very danerous tyrant. Yes, he was frightened when super Scourge figured out he was behind the mutiny... but damn, who wouldn't have been? He was one Silver away from being singled out and creamed into oblivion. But what other example has there been of some hidden immaturity? None that I can see. He's still everything Tails is, but twisted towards a sinister cause.

Alicia is VERY similar to Sally, but again, her ethics are just skewed. She would be the monarch IF Scourge's new god-like powers hadn't been tossed into the mix. However, she maintains her tactical prowess and is ready to reclaim power when Scourge is out of the picture -- she's even diplomatic enough to concede some of that power to Miles.

You could argue that Patch is more of a personality opposite to Antoine, since he lacks the cowardice that marks Antoine's persona. But Antoine has also be a very jealous and sometimes vindictive character, which Patch is ALSO in spades.... so this one is difficult, but still definitely not personality polar opposites.

Boomer is Rotor on steroids... a Rotor who pushed his technological prowess past the ethical boundary. Again, an evil exaggeration, not an opposite.

And I think it goes without saying that Scourge and Sonic are extremely similar in many ways, just with moral differences. They say it best themselves... it would be so easy for one to be just like the other.

I agree that the Moebians are similar to the Mobians but there are some opposites in there.