Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Where does that leave Buns? Shes with the good side right?

Yes, Kintobor is helping her because she developed some disease in her Left Arm, And Both legs.

She USED TO be with the Suppression Squad.

ALso ANti Bunnie is also Anti Omega (Omega Care Unit)

One giant post addressing something that makes no damn sense and the others that I actually want to engage in.

Oui, I hate to drag an annoying argument back up, but I want to bring up a few things. First is, while I understand how many people feel that romance doesn't belong in their Sonic, it is one of the most fought over elements when it honestly has been lessened by a shit-ton ever since Ian took over. And yet people are complaining about it more, likely since the readership has grown, but you're all acting like somehow the romance in the comic has grown or taken over the comic when in reality it has taken several steps back and the focus these days is more on the adventures and other areas of character development rather than romance. Romance has been part of the source material of the series since the beginning, like it or not there were romance elements in SATAM, and like it or not the opinion of people who like the romance element is just as valid as those who don't like it. You can call it a fanfic all you want, but it is officially endorsed by SEGA, the comic is one of the best selling children comics currently, and is it's own universe that's been running for almost as long as the series itself. People who are labeling it, "nothing more than a fanfic because element 'X' is in it," are, sorry to say, nothing but butthurt over this. And I'm being just as much so only because I get tired of seeing the exact same complaints month after month even when there really is no issue here, it's just this one element of development doesn't adhere to your fan jollies.

• Thumbs Up 4

Man! Jason Berry is giving my first name a bad name! I love ya dude, but the Genesis review on the front page is balls. Totally disagree. Pardon my language, but fuck story. It was an adaptation of the first two genesis games which had a thin plot as it is. Archie wrapped the fun nostalgic game plots in a lovely Spaziante art burrito. I'll crack open the issues again and again just for Spaz's work.

Man! Jason Berry is giving my first name a bad name! I love ya dude, but the Genesis review on the front page is balls. Totally disagree. Pardon my language, but fuck story. It was an adaptation of the first two genesis games which had a thin plot as it is. Archie wrapped the fun nostalgic game plots in a lovely Spaziante art burrito. I'll crack open the issues again and again just for Spaz's work.

I agree, I thought it was a fun. colorful little story with great artwork that was a nice commemoration of the 20th anniversary.

Just as a counterpoint Turbo, #222 is acceptable (and I said it back then too) when you realize it is the last point before Naugus, Geoff, Sally's "death", Genesis, and what's to follow next. We needed to be reminded of Sonally because it was being smashed into pieces. Also, Jason Berry is a reviewer?

Edited by Dabnikz

Just as a counterpoint Turbo, #222 is acceptable (and I said it back then too) when you realize it is the last point before Naugus, Geoff, Sally's "death", Genesis, and what's to follow next. We needed to be reminded of Sonally because it was being smashed into pieces. Also, Jason Berry is a reviewer?

So you are saying that it was a send off for the character?

The reader doesn't need to be reminded through a date. Sonic and Sally could have tracked down Eggman, Geoff, or Naugus if not all of them together. Their interaction during that would have been enough to remind the reader.

I was honestly expecting this huge backlash of hate and condescension. Not that I was hoping for it, but I was expecting it.

Anyways, thanks.

Nobody, here, wants Bunnie, Antoine, Rotor, or Uncle Chuck to be gone because they have never controlled a substantial part of the book. They serve their purpose as side characters whose interests who stay tangible for a few issues. The only person who has made such assertion is Chooch, but damn does he ever make his presence a constant reminder,right?

Hahaha. I feel like because you named dropped me I'm obligated to explain things. Those four characters you mentioned? I don't even really care about them enough to want them to go away honestly.

I actually do like Antoine tho'. He's completely and utterly worthless for the most part as an ally or Freedom Fighter and as a character in general, but I find myself liking him anyway. He's just a fun character to have around.

Rotor I don't mind because I like the idea of Tails having someone he can talk geek with. As silly of a reason as that is. I have always been one to enjoy that bonding over mutual interests sort of character interaction and Tails / Rotor is no different really. He's generally inoffensive, just like Antoine.

Bunnie? I don't really know much about her outside her an Antoine being an item. She doesn't really.. interest me much at all so I don't pay attention to her. Uncle Chuck is no different from her. All of the ones you specifically mentioned are, once again, inoffensive as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind characters like these at all really. They're perfectly fine in a separate universe such as this.

Fiona, Scourge and Dr. Finitevus on the other hand? Characters like that can fuck off. I understand that they have their own established fanbases and such (in Scourge's case, Flyboy immediately comes to mind), but I genuinely can not stand them. I don't even really feel like I need to get into Sally because my personal feelings on here have been echoed over and over in this topic and across many other places on the internet where Sonic fans might gather.

The characters are really just a minor issue that I have with it in comparison to other things. Perhaps I can get into that later, providing no one jumps down my throat for being a naysayer.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fiona, and Scourge I actually quite like. There different from many of the Sonic characters and will "screw" with the rules in there own way. I was never a fan of the "goodie two shoes" all the time and needed something different. Its why I like Sonic Universe cause it branches off with other ideas and characters.

Sadly...the gens saga disappointed me. Yes being a big Sally fan... it made me cringe not giving a break to the character -_- and making others hate her more saddens me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Has there been any comic previews as of late? usually IGN or archie has one released by now.

Edited by goku262002

Don't think the SU#33 preview is due until Wednesday. Don't ask when the cover previews for StH#233/SU#36 will be, because I have no clue.

Edit: Just read Shigamodo's review of Sth#226-229 (aka Genesis). Can't find a single point I disagree on, especially not how dull it was (and that was just from the worded spoilers, before I saw the pages).

Read the description of the Sonic/Sally relationship dominating where it shouldn't, too;

"One was supposed to focus on the villainous wizard, Iron Queen taking control of Mobotropolis, but half the story was focused on Sally dating a cyborg monkey and Sonic not liking it. The current arc is supposed to focus on the…villainous wizard, Ixis Naugus taking control of Mobotropolis (I’m starting to see a pattern here), but half the focus has been on Sally and Sonic dating again."

It makes me pine for SEGA and Nintendo to give the go-ahead for a Mario and Sonic crossover comic even more, just to read this;

"This arc is focused on the villanous wizard, Bowser Koopa taking control of Mobotropolis. He makes sure to kidnap Princess Sally as well as Princess Peach for good measure. He was also appparently sick of all the dating focus and just did it to make his starring role actually mean something".

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

Once Naugus appeared it was about fighting him, though. Before he attacked it was their everyday life.

Fiona, and Scourge I actually quite like. There different from many of the Sonic characters and will "screw" with the rules in there own way. I was never a fan of the "goodie two shoes" all the time and needed something different. Its why I like Sonic Universe cause it branches off with other ideas and characters.

I agree. I think that it's refreshing to have characters like Scourge and Fiona who do what they want. I really enjoyed the Scourge story arc in Sonic Universe.

I think that I'm starting to like Sonic Universe more then the main Sonic comic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Once Naugus appeared it was about fighting him, though. Before he attacked it was their everyday life.

You mean after Geoff turned traitor and after Eggman escapes, they act like nothing happened and blatantly ignore these glaring future problems just so Flynn could find a cheap way to plug in Sonally?

So, I got issue #229 today.

If I follow right... let me see; all of Genesis was a total waste of time that you could most likely skip and not even know you'd missed anything...? All it seemed to be was a not-quite-plot-reset sidestory that accomplished nothing and then picks up exactly where the issue before it left off.

I suppose its only real purpose was to serve as a 20th anniversary homage, really.

Well, technically, Genesis isn't really over. The next issue will be the epilouge and Ian did say in the NP issue that Genesis will make "serious ramifications" to the comic and where the story left off. Genesis was not only Archie celebrating the 20th Anniversary, it will carry on in the story.

Edit: In short, Genesis may not have made much sense, but things will pick up in the next issue and we'll be able to see how much this arc will alter things.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Well, technically, Genesis isn't really over. The next issue will be the epilouge and Ian did say in the NP issue that Genesis will make "serious ramifications" to the comic and where the story left off. Genesis was not only Archie celebrating the 20th Anniversary, it will carry on in the story.

Edit: In short, Genesis may not have made much sense, but things will pick up in the next issue and we'll be able to see how much this arc will alter things.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Ian did say in the NP issue that Genesis will make "serious ramifications" to the comic and where the story left off

I wasn't a huge fan of the Genesis 4-parter either, but I'm not going to complain about it until I see exactly what the ramifications are.

In light of the 232 cover...

I'm kind of curious as to what exactly Robotnik is going to with a robot Sally standing around in his base. Is she going to be his personal technician? Is he going to stick tons of weapons in her and try to have go kill Sonic? Is he just going have her serve him tea and cake all day?

In light of the 232 cover...

I'm kind of curious as to what exactly Robotnik is going to with a robot Sally standing around in his base. Is she going to be his personal technician? Is he going to stick tons of weapons in her and try to have go kill Sonic? Is he just going have her serve him tea and cake all day?

I just realized how brilliant of an idea that could be, let the person who came up with all the strategies and plans for the Freedom Fighters, the very person who led them through hell and back, be their ENEMY. I would genuinely like to know who has the strategizing skills to actually overcome sally herself in a battle of wits.

Edited by Soniman032-

I just realized how brilliant of an idea that could be, let the person who came up with all the strategies and plans for the Freedom Fighters, the very person who led them through hell and back, be their ENEMY. I would genuinely like to know who has the strategizing skills to actually overcome sally herself in a battle of wits.

That could actually be pretty interesting. With Sally on his side, Robotnik could potentially come up with much more complex plans than the "Send in Dark Legionaries, and if that fails, drive a mech or rebuild Metal Sonic" invasions he's seemed to rely on in recent years.