Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Hahahaha. So let me get this right....you'd rather see a crappy Sonic/Mario crossover than an officially SEGA endorsed comic series which has romance between Sonic and Sally?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Oh wow. First off, Antoine is on the cover! He's long overdue for some spotlight. Secondly, Hershey is on the cover! Will we finally found out what happened to her? Thirdly, King Max is on the cover! I wonder how he'll come into play in all this? Fourthly, is that KODOS in the corner!? Fifthly, that Sonic Universe cover is AMAZING, I wonder if I'll be able ti find a higher quality version of it. Sixthly, BABYLON GARDEN!

Yeah I know Covers Always Lie but if even half of the stuff happens that is shown on the cover, the upcoming stories are going to be AWESOME!

Edited by Nattala
  • Thumbs Up 1

It looks like Geoffrey hit too much LSD and is having a bad trip. Hell, even Kodos is there tucked away in the corner!

Do you even realize what the hell you happen to be talking about? It's Sonic and Mario for Christ's sake. Who wouldn't want to see that...aside from you, obviously. And I'm not talking another Olympic game.

The comic usually files direct adaptations of actual Sonic game material under non-canon nowadays, so I doubt there'd be much chance of Mario officially finding a place in the Archieverse if such a crossover were ever to happen.

...all of this Mario talk really has me craving some kind of Mario comic. The poor guy hasn't had much in the way of non-game spinoffs since the early nineties; it's kind of a pity, since there's so much more material to work with these days.

Maybe Antoine is the prosecution once again. So Max is still under Ixis control (if he's wearing that outfit)? No wonder he's still a bastard. All we need is Silver to arrive and say "I'll kill the one found Guilty!"

Babylon Garden. Boy, it's been a while. Why Sonic is so moody I don't know. Oh wait, he's in a kingdom run by his enemy and his girlfriend is indispodes. I guess I'd be moody too.

The comic usually files direct adaptations of actual Sonic game material under non-canon nowadays, so I doubt there'd be much chance of Mario officially finding a place in the Archieverse if such a crossover were ever to happen.

...all of this Mario talk really has me craving some kind of Mario comic. The poor guy hasn't had much in the way of non-game spinoffs since the early nineties; it's kind of a pity, since there's so much more material to work with these days.

No descriptions yet unfortunately and I have no idea why it's a single image I just copied and pasted it from bumbleking forums.

Just noticed that Max is wearing his old "I'm under a Ixis spell" outfit.

Edited by goku262002

I smell some kangaroo court shenanigans!

Hopefully Antione will be defending Sonic this time, signify just how far hes come as a character.

It looks like Geoffrey hit too much LSD and is having a bad trip. Hell, even Kodos is there tucked away in the corner!

Yeah, this cover has been hit so hard with the "symbolism" hammer, it looks like it's on acid. XD

Yes I do actually. sleep.png

Pretty sure from all the Mario hate I see from the Sonic camp and all the Sonic hate from the Mario camp when M&S first came out there are quite a few who wouldn't want to see this.

Personally I hate crossovers and can't see why anyone would want to see anything like that in any official form. Sometimes fans really confuse me.

You're a fan of Sonic, not Mario, why would you want them in the same thing, or if you're a fan of both; enjoy them in their respective games.

The Sonic comic has it's own canon universe and I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to officially see Mario as part of that, let alone see that more than official sanctioned Sonic romance plots, no matter how much they hate the idea of such a taboo thing as [sarcastic shudder] romance in a comic!

As far as a non-canon comic is concerned, sure go right ahead. It can suck as much as it wants in non-canon land as I view non-canon stuff the same as being someones fanfiction.

I may be much more of a Mario fan than anything else, but what basis do you have to judge my love for the series on? Because a plotline with Robotnik wrecking havoc alongside Wario and Waluigi will be the best story ever. No exceptions.

What makes you decide to speak for me or anyone else anyways? If I recall, Archie gets tons of fanmail asking whether or not there will be a crossover between the two characters and I am sure Ian wouldn't hesitate to jump on the opportunity to write a storyline since he is a fan of both respected camps.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would rather not.

Quite, ive heard enough exposes on why Sally is a bad character/mary sue/etc for my lifetime.

I kinda wonder if Robo-Sally is ever going to say "Sonic, where were you when the brrrraaaains were being handed out" at some point. XD

Big news about the Archie vs Ken Penders legal battle.

Archie v. Penders Trial Set for Late October

We did speculate yesterday the possibility of a full blown trial in the case Archie Comics is pursuing against former Sonic comic writer Ken Penders, and indeed, we’ve learned that is coming to fruition.

TSSZ has learned a date is scheduled in New York Federal District Court on Monday, October 31st, bright and early, for the beginning of a jury trial. The trial is expected to last about a week.

We are attempting to confirm more trial details and we will bring you more about it when something crosses the case docket.

Not to knock Ian or Ken, but I find it sort of funny how they're the only two of the many writers of the book who are relevant to most discussions these days(Well, Tracy too, but he just started writing very recently). I kinda wonder what Mike Gallagher and Karl Bollers are up to these days.

Not to knock Ian or Ken, but I find it sort of funny how they're the only two of the many writers of the book who are relevant to most discussions these days(Well, Tracy too, but he just started writing very recently). I kinda wonder what Mike Gallagher and Karl Bollers are up to these days.

Think about poor Jon Gray. What about the nerbs? THE NERBS!?

Think about poor Jon Gray. What about the nerbs? THE NERBS!?

*dons the traditional Nerb costume in apology* laugh.png

I think that it's sad that Penders was willing to take this so far. His career is over. Even if he wins no one will want to hire him again, plus the Sonic fanbase would probably never buy his Echidna fiction, plus without the Sega characters I doubt that it would sell very well on it's own. Penders army of 30 fans(most of them are people who have been ban from every other Sonic forum on the interent)would not be enough to save his Echidna fiction from being canceled.

• Thumbs Up 1