Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Robotnik altered reality. That's all their really is to it.

I saw Sally at the panel. No pic unfortunately. Her face seems a bit longer as a robot. Maybe it was the angle of the art, but it's like the fur on her face became these kind of wings. Longer, like on a Metal Sonic Trooper. I only saw it for like a minute. But she is facing entirely forward on the cover of #231.

I saw Sally at the panel. No pic unfortunately. Her face seems a bit longer as a robot. Maybe it was the angle of the art, but it's like the fur on her face became these kind of wings. Longer, like on a Metal Sonic Trooper. I only saw it for like a minute. But she is facing entirely forward on the cover of #231.

Thanks for the info, Dabnikz. :) I'm actually pretty happy that she kind looks like a MS Trooper, since those things were based off of Neo Metal Sonic from Heroes, and now it's easier for me to imagine her turning into "Sally Overlord." :D

Again not entirely sure because I was sitting at the back. But parts of her face did appear "long". Neo Metal also came to mind, yes.

Again not entirely sure because I was sitting at the back. But parts of her face did appear "long". Neo Metal also came to mind, yes.

I'm looking forward to the glory of Sally's new hyperchin. biggrin.png

Edit: In response to Bwrosas' video...I'm not sure if avoiding the comic for two years is such a good idea. happy.png;; I mean, it's great that you're still subscribing and all, but I think you'd probably still get bored after a while with no new story material, even with all the old issues to focus on. Maybe you should shorten the hiatus to something more manageable, like four to six months.

Edit 2: Found this in a thread at the Sega forums...It's the uncensored 231 cover from New York Comic Con. I'll put it and my thoughts on the design behind a spoiler tag just in case.

SallyCover.jpg

Overall, I'm happy with the design. It's pretty simple, yet manages to be more than just "regular Sally with metal skin." The ears and the hair give off kind of a "star faced" look that feels like a callback, if perhaps unintentional, to the Heroes Metal Sonic design. I kinda expected Sally's torso to be totally fused into a Metal Sonic style blue engine thing, but instead the design has gone a less surreal look, keeping her midsection relatively normal looking while turning the vest into a robo-sports bra thing that kind of reminds me of Fiona. Her hands seem to have Iron Man style blasters in the palms, and the way she's posed with those claws seems to suggest that they're meant for fighting and not just for show. There might be some sort of hydraulic piston mechanism going with her legs, but I'm not sure.

The facial expression is showing a lot more emotion than I expected. She doesn't seem coldly logical like she did on 232's cover...rather, I kind of feel like she's a wild animal about to jump out and devour the reader.

No telling what kind of personality she'll have while she's like this, but I can't say I'm disappointed with her appearance.

Edited by Blazey Psychounicorn

Wow, that's an awesome design. Funny it took her getting roboticised for her to finally close up her vest, lol. Actually that raises a good point, why does the roboticiser copy clothing? If you were roboticised wearing a parka jacket and a hocket mask would your robot form be stuck like that?

Oh, that's horrible... it makes me feel a little sick to see Sally that way. I'm too emotionally invested in my favourite characters, I know. I think it's the expression that makes it worse... not even a blissfully ignorant blank, which would be bad enough. Instead, she's been warped into a hateful cruel-looking... thing. I think the design is pretty cool, actually. But it upsets me ;_;

And I am completely meh towards it. Robots don't interest me, and Sally interests me even less.

That said, I don't understand the hissy fits on the last page in regards to the TSSZ article on the reveal. We knew the effect wouldn't be that long, Ian's already said that it'd mainly last about a year!

I wish we'd gotten Dark Egg Legion Sally. I think a Legionized Sally would have been cool looking.

Robot designs are kind of limiting.

Edited by Darkfox

I quite like the new design. I'm really looking forward to the effect it has on the Kingdom of Acorn. As one of the people who is ok with Sally its an interesting plot point for her (well one that doesn't involve romance.)

Edit 2: Found this in a thread at the Sega forums...It's the uncensored 231 cover from New York Comic Con. I'll put it and my thoughts on the design behind a spoiler tag just in case.

SallyCover.jpg

Overall, I'm happy with the design. It's pretty simple, yet manages to be more than just "regular Sally with metal skin." The ears and the hair give off kind of a "star faced" look that feels like a callback, if perhaps unintentional, to the Heroes Metal Sonic design. I kinda expected Sally's torso to be totally fused into a Metal Sonic style blue engine thing, but instead the design has gone a less surreal look, keeping her midsection relatively normal looking while turning the vest into a robo-sports bra thing that kind of reminds me of Fiona. Her hands seem to have Iron Man style blasters in the palms, and the way she's posed with those claws seems to suggest that they're meant for fighting and not just for show. There might be some sort of hydraulic piston mechanism going with her legs, but I'm not sure.

The facial expression is showing a lot more emotion than I expected. She doesn't seem coldly logical like she did on 232's cover...rather, I kind of feel like she's a wild animal about to jump out and devour the reader.

No telling what kind of personality she'll have while she's like this, but I can't say I'm disappointed with her appearance.

Yep, that's my pic alright.

Oh, that's horrible... it makes me feel a little sick to see Sally that way. I'm too emotionally invested in my favourite characters, I know. I think it's the expression that makes it worse... not even a blissfully ignorant blank, which would be bad enough. Instead, she's been warped into a hateful cruel-looking... thing. I think the design is pretty cool, actually. But it upsets me ;_;

You can always go to bumbleking and vent to Ian Flynn about how Sally's fate is making you feel. Trust me, it feels so good to actually tell the writer of the comics you enjoy exactly what you are thinking. ;)

Edited by The Illustrious Q

And that is precisely why I'm not on Bumbleking that often nowadays. It's all turned to "Sally this, Sally that, Sally everywhere". You can't have a topic without it leading to her at some point, even for jokes. Well, either her or Hershey.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Metal Sally gets busy with Metal Sonic, I'll totally renew my subscription past the 12 issues I ordered just to get the Genesis arc.

• Thumbs Up 6

I never understand why some people give robots mouths, I think it ruins them. Allow me...

MetalSally.png

Am I the only one who thinks that looks SO much better?

Besides that though, the design is fantastic :D I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what happens next here, will Sonic get the blame? No doubt he'll feel guilty himself. I hope this doesn't change him though and he's not as reckless anymore, I loved his attitude when fighting the Silver Sonic in 225 XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

2. Sally is now more than just a love interest. Sonic has a reason to hate Eggman more than he does. It is personal. This is no longer a simple demonstration of "Hero vs Bad guy." It has something that it never had before: substance. Eggman can now have the ability to do all sorts of malicious thing that can affect our hero's mindstate. Things like creating mechanical replicas of Sally, just to fuck with him. Constantly reminding Sonic that he(Eggman) won the moral battle. Eggman has always hated Sonic, but could we say the same thing vice-versa? No. It has been simply Sonic's duty to stop Eggman.

This is going to be so fucking awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

It amuses me that it took being turned into a robot to get Sally to zip up her damn vest.

I dunno. I'm mostly indifferent to her normal design, but as a robot she looks pretty cool. It makes me crave Metal Everybody, just for a chance to see what they'd look like.

• Thumbs Up 1

And I am completely meh towards it. Robots don't interest me, and Sally interests me even less.

That said, I don't understand the hissy fits on the last page in regards to the TSSZ article on the reveal. We knew the effect wouldn't be that long, Ian's already said that it'd mainly last about a year!

I'm sorry but why are you even into Sonic then? Hasn't robots always been half the appeal? Furrys versus the human turning things into robots/using robots to try take over the world.

As for

While I dislike the notion of messing with Sally, I am really REALLY digging that design. Ok Ian, I'll see where you go with this. It's like a whole fresh new awesome Metal Sonic....that's not Metal Sonic!

Edited by The-Master-Board

I'm sorry but why are you even into Sonic then? Hasn't robots always been half the appeal? Furrys versus the human turning things into robots/using robots to try take over the world.

Well that's a ridiculously daft thing to say. Yes, robots have always been part of the Sonic universe in pretty much every canon, but the appeal of the series by no means rests solely on that aspect. I really couldn't give a damn about robots myself, but I'm very much 'into Sonic', for plenty of other reasons. I like the worlds (not all are robot-themed), the characters, the back stories and more. I'm sure there are plenty of others who appreciate the Sonic series for more than (or even in spite of) the robot element, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

That design is actually wicked cool. I wish Jazwares could make figures of comic exclusives because I'd LOVE to have one of those.

• Thumbs Up 1

That design is actually wicked cool. I wish Jazwares could make figures of comic exclusives because I'd LOVE to have one of those.

Man oh Man...Sonic is going to be mighty pissed for a loooong time.

Remember what Scourge said about all it would take is Sonic having a bad day an he be just like him?

Well Sonic in for a lot of challenging bad days till this gets sorted out....

Robot Sally looks silly, but I never liked Sally's design anyway. She looks better without a mouth like people said.

Right now I'm just wondering how long this will stick. Because there's no way in hell it's permanent. It's Archie Sonic.

Edited by Chooch

Remember what Scourge said about all it would take is Sonic having a bad day an he be just like him?

So all it takes is a bad day for Sonic to turn into a murdering psychopath with no empathy whatsoever who also happens to love power trips?

...Right.