Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So all it takes is a bad day for Sonic to turn into a murdering psychopath with no empathy whatsoever who also happens to love power trips?

...Right.

I wasn't being THAT extreme...I'm just saying Sonic might be capable of being more cold and reckless.

I wasn't being THAT extreme...I'm just saying Sonic might be capable of being more cold and reckless.

You mean like Shadow?

Well shit, hes already halfway there then.

I also think Robo Sally look pretty badass.

Sonic's survived this kind of a thing happening to his friends (including Sally!) before without it turning him into something cold and ruthless. I'd be surprised if anything could do that to him - it's just not in his nature to cope that way. Having said that, it doesn't mean he should just be able to brush it off when something this bad happens. But I don't think he'll go the Shadow (or Scourge O.o) route. That's what THEY are already there for =P

Sonic's survived this kind of a thing happening to his friends (including Sally!) before without it turning him into something cold and ruthless. I'd be surprised if anything could do that to him - it's just not in his nature to cope that way. Having said that, it doesn't mean he should just be able to brush it off when something this bad happens. But I don't think he'll go the Shadow (or Scourge O.o) route. That's what THEY are already there for =P

Again I'm not saying to the extreme were he just becomes another Shadow, but Sonic has gone crazy before and was actually very scary and to be honest way beyond anything Shadow or even Scourge has displayed in the comics. (from what I have seen at least)

3:46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2hnpdoBAlA&feature=player_embedded#

Who to say he can't be like that again? There was some kind of determined intention to do some serious physical harm somewhere in that fit of rage. Of course if he'd did succeed I'm sure he feel bad after.

Edited by Voyant

I'm all for Sonic getting enraged, overheated, even cooly angry in an unsettlingly laid-back way (which to me is more disturbing that outright fury). But you compared him to Scourge and cited that particular line about how one could be just like the other on a bad day... and that's kind of a separate thing altogether. Sonic would have to entirely lose or flip his moral compass in order to be like Scourge. Scourge doesn't do what he does because he's hurt and/or upset... he does them because he's a bastard born into a dark world where evil is the norm. I can't see Sonic ever becoming anything like that.

At Q: I wondering where that pic originally came from. XD Thanks for clearing that up. ^_^

At Nattala: Somehow someone getting turned into a parkabot is oddly hilarious to me. XD

As for further thoughts on Sally-bot...I'm mostly okay with it, since I don't care too much about what the canon will establish as her personality.

I mean...I don't mean to say that anyone unhappy with the way Sally will be portrayed in Archie in the near future should shut and stop complaining. It's understandable that it can be hard to just "make up a different ending" when one has an emotional investment in a canonical universe.

To be honest, though...it's hard for me personally to care much about what happens to the characters in the comic right now, since the comic has, in the post-Endgame years, run on the philosophy that the only way to keep this comic ongoing is to continually make the characters miserable. This is the same comic that replaced Robotnik with another Robotnik right after the original died, and had that one takeover the world and establish the same "oppressive dystopia" status quo all over again. Not that I don't feel sorry for the characters, but, well...it's hard for me to do anything but feel sorry for the Freedom Fighters these days. It's hard to cheer Sonic on when I know that nothing he does will ever really change things for the better, unless the comic is in danger of cancellation and a resolution has be written out of necessity.

With that in mind, I'm not sure I'll like Sally's new personality, since she doesn't seem to have any emotions yet beyond anger so far. But given that I'm no longer as attached to the canon as I used to be, it's easier for me to imagine her being a more likable villain with more traces of her original personality in her. And I'll be interested to see how people on the internet who create fan-works will interpret this version of her.

Still, I do wish the heroes in this comic could catch a real break for once. I don't think they've had one since Nicole built that city out of nanites in the first place.

The only thing that I don't want to see is Sally encompassing a main villain role. She is simply a stooge for Eggman now. She is lower in the ranks than Metal Sonic, the echidna chick in black leather, the Battle Bird Armada, the Downunda DEL, and etc. She better not have any command or pull.

The only thing that I don't want to see is Sally encompassing a main villain role. She is simply a stooge for Eggman now. She is lower in the ranks than Metal Sonic, the echidna chick in black leather, the Battle Bird Armada, the Downunda DEL, and etc. She better not have any command or pull.

I don't mind if she's completely at the control/command of Eggman, with no autonomy of her own... it's actually more heart-wrenching that way. But if she's going to be a villain, she needs to be a prominent one in order for it to have an effect. She needs to be dangerous enough that she would need to be taken down rather than just fought past to get to Eggman. So, I'm hoping she's the trump card and not just a trophy in Eggman's collection.

Edited by Shadic93

Sally: Snively! I hunger! Bring me more lugnuts!

Snively: Yes, m'lady...lousy squirrel...

Sally: What was that?

Snively: Sigh...I said, "Do you remember Toe Jam and Earl?"

Sally: Yes! And quite fondly! Now get going! Chop chop...

Snively: I hate my life...

I know no one really listens at times to my videos, so I will say it in text.

Sally's situation is possible for the big storyarc coming very soon. Now Ian did't say it was permentery, nor did he say it was tempory, all that was reported by TSSZ was that Sally would be roboticized going forward, but we all know that doesn't mean forever. Many media outlets in comics, television and even in movies have been known to do that and never last.

A few good examples are, and I mentioned this before, Chibiusa Moon from Sailor Moon. When she returns to the future with Sailor Moon, Chibiusa becomes Black Lady (Wicked Lady in the English adaptation) when she is captured outside of the Palace. Wiseman comes across the lonely Chibiusa, who is feeling frustrated after a failed attempt to revive her mother, and twists her memories of her family to make her do his bidding. Wiseman converts her by laying the seeds of guilt for what she has done, and by telling her nobody loves her. He makes her feel that her parents didn't want her. So he said he would take great care of her and decide to join forces

Infected with the power of the Black Crystal, she grows older, donning an organdy and satin dress and the earrings worn by the Black Moon Clan. Her hair becomes even longer than Usagi's. Her crescent becomes that of the Clan, and she is frequently seen with Prince Dimande or Wiseman. As Chibiusa's dream is to become a beautiful lady like her mother, Black Lady's form is something like a femme fatale.

Her history and personality differ between the anime and the manga. In the anime, Black Lady hates her family and the Sailor Senshi and tries to kill them because she believes she is unloved. She also considers her toy, Luna-P, as her only friend. In the manga, she throws away the Luna-P after her transformation and derides it as a childish toy.

Black Lady uses her brainwashing powers to try to seduce her future father, Mamoru Chiba, and tries to destroy the Senshi for their various acts of insensitivity toward her. She first appears in Act 20 of the manga and Episode 85 of the anime. In the anime, Black Lady tries to kill Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, but is saved from her anger by Sailor Moon, who changes into Neo-Queen Serenity and embraces her daughter, allowing her to turn back into Chibiusa. In the manga, her sorrow over the death of Sailor Pluto shatters Wiseman's power over her, her tears activating the future Silver Crystal, and she changes into Sailor Chibi Moon for the first time.

Another example that I've mentioned before has been Cammy From the USA Network cartoon of Street Fighter. Cammy is the central focus of a sub-plot in the second season. She is brainwashed by Bison and becomes one of his underlings, fighting her former allies (both Street Fighters and Delta Red) during the remainder of the series. However, she turns on Bison when she learns that he had killed her parents, and switches sides back to her original allies.

Someone even mentioned Willow From Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Dark Willow is preternaturally focused on revenge, relentless and unstoppable. Lights explode when she walks past. She forcefully takes advantage of any opportunity to further her goals. She saves Buffy by removing the bullet from her chest, but later commandeers a tractor trailer, making it slam into Xander's car while he and Buffy are inside protecting Jonathan and Andrew, the other two members of the Trio. She floats, teleports herself at will, and dismantles the local jail where Jonathan and Andrew are held. She is cruelly honest to Dawn and Buffy, and overpowers everyone with whom she comes in contact. When she takes Giles' magic from him, she gains the ability to feel the world's pain, becoming determined to put the world out of its misery. She does not acknowledge her grief, and only Xander can force her to face it when he tells her that he loves her no matter what or who she is, and if she is determined to end the world she must start by killing him. Only then does Willow return, sobbing. Her dark side continues to be a part of Willow. A story arc in Season Eight has Buffy travel 200 years into the future to battle and kill Dark Willow. Present-day Willow is aware of her capabilities, ever watchful of what she may turn into.

Heck even sport teams try to change and supposly go forward with a new logo and look. Take The Washington Redskins for example a few years back. In 2002, the team celebrated the passing of 70 years since its creation as the Boston Braves in 1932, and wore a special home uniform of burgundy jersey over gold pants which roughly resembled the home uniforms used from 1969-1978. The helmets used with this special home uniform during that year were a reproduction of the helmets used by the team from 1965-69. And as you can see that didn't last long but for one season.

Even retail stories and companies have done this, Said they this new logo will be the logo going forward, prime example, GAP. Gap. They released their new logo last year, and it was a huge disaster. The old logo was well-loved and familiar to all, used for more than two decades. The dark blue square with the familiar serif white font was well-loved and familiar, almost homey.

Gap’s mistake was radically changing everything. The logo was designed by Laird & Partners, in the effort to create a more contemporary and modern expression. Personally I think the new logo is not great, it looks more like a clip art from Microsoft than a “contemporary, modern logo.” I was not alone in this opinion. There was a public outcry when it was released online, major backlash and criticism poured on Gap’s Facebook and Twitter page. Some harsh criticisms include: ‘looks like a child made it’, ‘a joke’ and ‘amateur’. It only gets worse. Gap chose to remain silent about all the controversy, when they finally responded it added more fuel to the fire. Gap tried to handle its blunder by covering the whole thing up. Gap posted on their official Facebook page, thanking everyone for their input on the logo. They are ‘thrilled to see a passionate debate unfolding’, and asked the online community to share their designs. They ended the statement with: ‘we love our version but we would like to see other ideas’. People were laughing with disbelief over Gap’s response. They dismissed their error as a so-called social experiment, and still had the nerve to ask designs from others. The story ends with Gap ditching their new logo, and returning to their old one. Gap president Marka Hansen was fired by execs weeks after the failed redesign episode. Moral of the story? Don’t mess with a well-loved brand and image valued at $4 billion. As the old adage says, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

What I'm saying, is that even though, Ian says Sally will be robotized going forward, doesn't mean it's forever, just for the upcoming storyarc and possible as Paul said to deal with her story of possible regaining her free will, but learning to cope with what's happen to her and trying to find a way to reverse it, perhaps a Sonic Universe Arc will be done to coinsde with it, who knows.

But going forward doesn't mean permentery or temporary, it overall means just for the time being, not forever.

Edited by bwrosas

Moral of the story? Don’t mess with a well-loved brand and image valued at $4 billion. As the old adage says, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

So, basically, Sally is New Coke? blink.png

...Maybe she should look into dating Max Headroom. laugh.png

So, basically, Sally is New Coke? blink.png

...Maybe she should look into dating Max Headroom. laugh.png

Very funny Blazey! You know what I'm getting at ;)

Very funny Blazey! You know what I'm getting at wink.png

Indeed I do. :D I guess we'll be seeing Sally Cola Classic again before long. ^_^

Here's a good question....

Did Eggman implant a bomb in Robo-sally like he did with the DEL? If so things could get very interesting if he starts threatening to blow her up if Sonic attacks. Even if she is de-roboticised she may still have a bomb implanted and thus still under Eggman's control.

Hmmm, I like how Ian is messing around with the fanbase. Guy's got moxie to get people this fired up about the fate of a cartoon squirrel-chipmunk princess.

Hmmm, I like how Ian is messing around with the fanbase. Guy's got moxie to get people this fired up about the fate of a cartoon squirrel-chipmunk princess.

I wouldn't put it past Eggman to put a bomb in Sally. I always thought putting a blackmail bomb in someone and then mind controlling them anyway was redundant, but in this case it would make more sense, due to Eggman threatening Sonic instead of Sally with the bomb.

Could Sonic #250 be it for the Comic and Ian?

----------------------------------------------------------

I guess I should say this, cause I've been thinking about it recently, but didn't want to say anything yet.

But it's kind of ironic that Ian Flynn says that the effects will last a year or over that, or at least until the next mega point/milestone, which in this case is 250.

The reason I say this, is because despite how you feel about the source, the Mobius Ecyopedia has the 250th issue still listed, with no 251 listed afterwards, but yet and maybe I'm not really paying attention that much to it, it seems Sonic Universe has had another issue added after 43, so what does that tell me, well I'll tell what it may be saying to me as a long-term fan.

With the news that Ian will be taking on more in 2012, with Mighty Cursaders, more Mega Man and who knows what else. I feel that his time on the Main Sonic Comic is coming to close, but so maybe the comic itself. Why? You may ask. Because when he and Paul said that the effects will last a least a year or over that till possibly 250, ironically, 250 will be released in the summer of 2013. 2013? You may wonder "Why that year"?, because for those that don't know and I can't recall any fan that wouldn't know, that will mark the 20th anniversey of the Main Comic itself and SatAM. So I guess in Ian and Paul's mind's, what better way to have it come to close, then by having it come to a final conforation with the longest and most personal, (from a character standpoint) storyarc ever done for the comic itself.

This would explain why, according to on-site reports at the New York Comic--Con, why Sally will be Mecha Sally going forward. Now like I said before in pervious posts and Youtube Videos, I don't think her condition will last forever, or that she will be Eggman's slave for that long. However, wither she's restored to her normal body or just giving back her free will, there's no doubt (despite how some fans feel about it) that she will play a huge part in what could be the grand finale for the comic.

Now you add that in, with talk in the past, that Zonic of the Zone Cops will be involved soon, Silver looking for the traitor plot, Nagus being King, and possibly (from my prespective) time-travel, it would only make sense.

And even if this is all true, which I'm not saying it is or isn't, Sonic will still be published by Archie Comics thru Archives, Select books, Magazines, legacy books and a who's who ecyopedia, as well as possibly Sonic Universe sticking around, but I get this feeling that this new mega arc that Ian say's he's working on, could quite possibly be the last one ever for the Main Comic.

All I'm waiting for, is for Ian, Paul and Mike to make some kind of annoucment in San Diego next year at the Comic-Con there, that this may be it for the comic, not saying it will be, but I just find it ironic that all this happening all at once.

Now I know, if that annoucment was to be made, many fans may/will rejoice at the fact that the comic's coming to an end, while many other fans may/will be sad about it, while others will be like, "Hey, it had a good run, it's got a world record in Guinness and it will be a part of Comic Book History for generations to come." But this is only if that annoucment is made next year, which I feel it maybe. But hey I've been wrong in the past/present before.

Overall, this is just a feeling, that as a Iong-time fan and reader/subsciber of the comic, that I'm getting, that's all it is.

But do you have this same feeling as well?