Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Lien-Da looks like a mix out of Knuckles, Poison Ivy, Prostitue and Ogorki Pickles.

Edited by MarcelloF

According to Penders that was originally meant to be Lien-Da's design in Archie Sonic.

In fact, this was my original design for Lien-Da which got lost in the translation simply because I didn't draw or color her initial appearances in the Knuckles series. I decided to go back to what I actually came up those many years ago in order to offset her colors opposite her half-sister.

That looks dead.

Just like Penders career is going to be when Archie and Sega get through with him. Edited by Sheik
  • Thumbs Up 3

And it looks like that even this is rife with ripping off other companies. Adamis, if you're reading this, please thank Tom for this over at the StC-O forums, because he is bang on the money.

Observe, Viper (used to be Madame Hydra) from the Avengers comic;

MadameHydra.jpg

Holy FUCK. In one drawing Kenders has just managed to kill my favourite female echidna from the comics. What the hell is that thing? That's not Lien-Da. That's by far the worst one yet, utterly disgusting and grotesque. It's like he's trying to make onesie's sexy. For the love of God, someone put this man out of his misery.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lien-DaFA1.jpg

That coloring and shading is just awful. It looks like a disgruntled re-animated echidna corpse gaudily ready for a bad date.

Thank god for Ian Flynn. That abomination of an echidna drawing. I know it's roughly 18 months off, but I cannot wait to see Sonic #250 what it will be like. Imagine seeing Mobius as a whole being roboticized.

In fact, this was my original design for Lien-Da which got lost in the translation simply because I didn't draw or color her initial appearances in the Knuckles series.

Lost in what translation?

He explained it wrong and the artist then drew it wrong.

I honestly hope that artist got a prrrrrromotion, because Ken's Lien-Da was pretty ugly.

So sad to see what has become of the Knuckles series and Penders.

I'm not a fan of the original bits found in the Sonic comics, but I did enjoy the episodic nature of the Knuckles mini-series. Prior to Sonic Adventure, not a lot was known about Knuckles past, so I found it a lot of fun back then to explore it in the comics.

Now, years later, plots get more and more complicated, and all this dirty legal business ruins a once fun line of comics (talking Knuckles, not the Sonic series).

I still have the original comic page art of Knuckles finally meeting his dad from issue 25.

Either that or the artist knew what they were doing tongue.png

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 4

Plus it's HIS own choices in best comics too, so saying it's the best comics right off the bat would be made false by others.

But what the heck!?....That Lien-Da looked freaking ugly as hell. Man, the ONLY time I actually liked a how a female Echidna looked is when Ben Bates draws them.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Really?

Ironically, it looks as if the artist did something right from doing the wrong thing then. :lol:

Just got SU #36 in the mail! I'll be accepting PM requests for spoilers as per usual! :)

Lien-DaFA1.jpg

Buttereverything.

This is going to be the biggest train-wreck ever, and it's going to be marvelous.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how Penders seems so sure that he’s going to win. He should be careful. There’s always pride before the fall.

Even if he did win, I'm not sure if anyone wants to see the abominations of character art he's done so far.

• Thumbs Up 2