Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

As awesome as this all looks, I'm getting confused partnering the two comics together right now. Is Universe ahead a little? Because the next issue is all about the treason trail in a New Mobototropolis that's still standing and The Battle Bird Amarda haven't even made an appearance yet D:

As awesome as this all looks, I'm getting confused partnering the two comics together right now. Is Universe ahead a little? Because the next issue is all about the treason trail in a New Mobototropolis that's still standing and The Battle Bird Amarda haven't even made an appearance yet D:

Now that the preview pages are out, it's summary time!

1.The issue begins with the Battle Fortress' giant green laser tearing up Mobotropolis.

2.Meanwhile, in the outskirts of the ravaged city, Naugus stumbles to his feet after the beatdown the Battle Lord gave him last issue and notices the green destruction getting closer to him.

3.He uses his magic to sink into the shadows and escape.

4.Elswhere, the evacuated citizens are shocked at the destruction.

5."Our home!"

6."Those monsters!"

7."Where is King Naugus?"

8."Why didn't Nicole stop them? First the Iron Dominion, then Eggman, now this! What good is that hologram anyway?"

9.Elias asks Rotor if Nicole was transferred to Freedom HQ and Rotor says that he hopes so.

10."Can we rebuild without her?"

11.Rotor hears the citizens ranting amongst themselves.

12."If only we could return to Knothole! Back to basics! Brick and mortar!"

13."I could run the nanites without her, but it would be slow and difficult. The question is: will the public let me do it?"

14.The Rogues descend upon the crater that used to be Mobotropolis.

15."That is one big hole."

16."Babylon Garden is at the bottom. Our destiny. And if the Battle Lord thinks I'm just gonna hand it over to him..."

17.They fly into the crater.

18."...He's got another thing comin'!"

19.Meanwhile, inside the Battle Fortress, the Battle Lord revels in his victory in the control room with Jet and Dr. F.

20."COO COO HOO HOO HOO!! A resounding victory! We have avenged ourselves and uncovered the Babylon Garden! The Rogues need only to use the key to bring our destiny to fruition! Nothing can stop us now!"

21.While the Battle Lord was going on his scpiel, the scene kept cutting to an extremely ticked off Sonic rushing into action. Once the BL finishes, Sonic leaps into the crater after the Rogues.

22."So you made a fool out of me and blew up my town."

23.He slams into Storm and Wave, knocking them off of their boards. Jet dodges his assault.

24."So you put everything and everyone I care about in jeopardy."

25.They all arrive at the bottom of the crater.

26."As long as you get what you want, it's all cool, right?"

27."Right! I'm glad you see it my way!"

28.Sonic rushes at Jet.

29."Dude, you SO TOTALLY don't get sarcasm!"

30.He slams into Jet, knocking him to the ground.

31.He grabs Jet and clenches his fist, ready to knock the everliving daylights out of him.

32."No gravity stopper doohickey this time? Guess you aren't quick enough on the dr--"

33.Wave uses the Gravity Ring to freeze him again.

34."Neither are you, true blue."

35.The Rogues head into Babylon Garden.

36.Storm notices Wave holding a small device.

37."Oooh! Is that a Gamebird Advance? Can I play?"

38."No, it's my Omni Link Scanner. Patent pending. These readings indicate that the Garden is a vessel of some kind!"

39."A vessel? Like that thing on Jet's head when I talk too much?"

40."She means a ship, Birdbrain."

41.The three locate the main control center and enter it.

42.Jet combines the ring and the key together and the combined device flies out of his hand, installing itself into a metal fixture.

43.Suddenly, a figure approaches them.

44."Thank you."

45.The figure reveals itself to be a mysterious robot imbedded in the main control console.

46."My ignition matrix was removed a millennium ago. Previous navigational routine may now resume."

47.Wave tries to ask it something, but Sonic bursts into the ship, knocking each of the Rogues down.

48."So this pile of junk is what you had to blow up New Mobotropolis for?"

49."Hey, blowing up your town was just the icing on the cake! This "pile of junk" is proof that I could accomplish something no one else could."

50."YOU accomplished?!"

51.Sonic throws Jet into the other two Rogues.

52."You needed THESE TWO and the whole Armada to dig this thing up! What is it, anyway? And why in the name of chili dogs did Nicole build right on top of it?!"

53.The robot interjects.

54."The program Nicole did not build the nanite city. She had never probed to this depth and thus never detected my presence. The city was constructed by the program A.D.A.M. He detected my systems and intended to tap into them to expedite the transport of mystic gems across the vast reaches of space."

55."What? Those Chaos Emeralds were spread across the galaxy. How could you have helped?"

56."I am equipped with a wormhole generator that creates shortcuts across space-time. However, my systems could not be accessed without the ignition matrix, so A.D.A.M. sought other methods."

57."So this is a spaceship?"

58."Affirmative."

59."More alien losers. Just what this planet needs!"

60."So who removed your key, your "ignition matrix," and why?"

61."It was removed by the Babylonians due to an irreparable malfunction in the wormhole generator that would cause the creation of a black hole if used. Destruction of the planet would result. They refused that responsibility, and settled on this world. The ship and the matrix were hidden to prevent this occurrence in the future."

62."Astounding! If these Babylonians settled on Mobius, then that means..."

63."YOU guys are the alien losers!"

64.Storm grabs Sonic.

65."HEY!"

66."Ow! This guy is pointy!"

67.Jet and Wave share glances.

68."Aliens?"

69."With the ignition matrix restored, I will proceed to orbit for optimal gravitational balance and initiate wormhole jump. I suggest the evacuation of the planet, as it will be destroyed."

70."WHAT?!"

71.Elsewhere, on the surface, the ground shakes as the Babylon Garden rises up.

72.The Battle Lord is shocked to see that the Garden is leaving and orders his soldiers to anchor the Battle Fortress to it.

73.The BL asks Dr. F if he can contact the Rogues, but Dr. F says that he isn't getting any response.

74."Jet! He's taking the Garden for himself! Speedy, my son! Our destiny is slipping away! Board the Garden and do what must be done!"

75."Yes, father."

76.Speedy leaves down a corridor.

77."I wonder how many weeks I'd get in the brig for saying "I told you so.""

78.Back at the Garden, Storm asks what's going on and Wave explains that the entire planet is going to be sucked into a black hole, making Jet realize now what "The lightless black" really means.

79.Sonic escapes from Storm's grasp.

80."Thanks for waking up the doomsday machine, genius! Let me put it back to sleep...permanently!"

81.Jet tackles him.

82."NO!! I need to know more about Babylon! Au--Auto-pilot! I...I am a descendant of Babylon! I order you to stop!"

83."Order denied. You lack sufficient security clearance. I must return to homeworld for repairs."

84."Homeworld?! Wave--! Could you reprogram this thing?"

85."Maybe, but it will take time. My readings show that we only have minutes until the wormhole jump! If we don't get that key out now, Mobius is done for!"

86.Sonic gets up.

87."Allow me!"

88.Suddenly, Speedy flies in, knocking down the Rogues and Sonic.

89."No, allow me! Well, Jet...it looks like the "great destiny" you and my dad have been chasing is about to blow up in all our faces. Maybe I should leave the key where it is, and let you be responsible for the doom of an entire world. How'd that be for a "great destiny"? Nah. I'd rather savor your defeat. Dad is going to pluck you bald and I'll be hailed as the savior of Mobius. All I have to do is pull out this..."

90.He finds that the key is gone.

91."Key?"

92."You birds are lucky I'm the good guy."

93.Sonic is revealed to have the key.

94."If I weren't, I'd make sure you jerks couldn't fly out of here before the heap comes crashing down."

95.He tosses the key onto the ground, shattering both it and the ring.

96."No!"

97.The auto-pilot experiences an error.

98."Loss of power to engines. All systems failing. Crash landing imminent."

99."I'd like to stay and make stuffing out of you turkeys...but I need to get back to make sure my friends and family are all okay! If anyone ISN'T okay, then you'd better hope you can run faster than me."

100.Sonic opens the door and bails out.

101."Uh...maybe we ought to get outta here too!"

102."But this ship...Babylon...there's so much more I need to know!"

103."Jet! We have to go now!"

104.Speedy steps towards the door.

105."Look on the bright side...you don't have to explain all this to my dad!"

106.Meanwhile, on the Battle Fortress, one of the soldiers notifies the Battle Lord that they're going to be pulled down with the Garden.

107."All hands...abandon ship! The Rogues will pay for this treachery. THEY. WILL. PAY."

108.The BBA use escape pods to retreat and the Babylon Garden comes crashing down.

109.Sonic meets up with Rotor, Amy, and Tails.

110.They say that they were worried about him.

111."Don't worry about me. How's everything here?"

112."No casualties. But Naugus popped out of a shadow a few minutes ago and he's been acting kinda weird."

113."...shut up! Shut up!"

114."Peh! So what else is new?"

115.Rotor tells him that he redirected the nanites from his suit to begin repairs on the city, but it's going slowly without Nicole.

116."Where IS Nicole?"

117."She uploaded herself to Freedom HQ. She may be stuck there for awhile."

118."C'mon, little bro! Now that I know everyone's safe, we both have a score to settle with some alien losers."

119.Elsewhere, the Rogues look upon the crashed Babylon Garden and Battle Fortress.

120."Geez. Do you think they're all okay?"

121."I doubt a little thing like crashing into a mountain will stop the Battle Lord."

122."So we're descended from aliens? That's heavy."

123.Jet grins.

124."Yeah. It really changes things."

125.They hop on their boards.

126."'cuz now I gotta prove I'm the fastest thing in the UNIVERSE!"

127.The issue ends with them riding off for new adventure.

• Thumbs Up 3

Fastest thing in the Universe?

Um, sorry Jet. Sonic gain that achievement LONG before you did while he was in space.

blink.png

Well...I was not expecting this. I guess I'll have to pick up that issue of Super Special. Kind of weird that Archie gave us news of their adaptation before we got ANY gameplay videos, but this could be interesting.

Gosh darnit, Archie. I'm trying NOT to spend ten bucks every few months for a magazine of mostly reprints, and then you go and pull something like this. :P

But hey, if said magazine is coming in, say, April, that likely means we'll be seeing the game in the summer. I mean, Archie always does their game adapations close to the release date of the respective game, right...?

Question, how long will Sally's robotic situation and Nicole's sadness be till?

This is a question that Comicreviewer2 on YouTube recently asked in a video. It's a question that I replied to in my own YouTube video, however it is a question that I have yet to see asked here at these message boards. So let's try to answer this question as peacefully and as friendly as we can.

Now to answer the question, one has to look at the overall situation. Many/some fans feel and have given their opinion on the length of time that they feel and believe Sally will have as a robotic slave. Some have come out and said "give it 4 to 6 issues", while others have come out and said "give it to at least 7 to 8 issues", while another majority have said "9 to 11 issues", and then of course there are those that have said "give it 10 issues".

Those fans wither their a majority or small majority or even a medium-sized majority have given what many fellow fans would agree are very bold predictions as to when Sally's robotic slavery will end. However can the same be said for Nicole? Just my opinion but I believe so.

Now for those that are wondering why fans would ask this question, it's because many fans like myself don't like seeing our favorite characters that we grew up on become unwilling evil or saddened , that we watched on Saturday mornings as part of a very popular Saturday morning cartoon on ABC, it makes us cringe in a way because we're so used to seeing a character the way they are. And for us as fans to see Sally robotic is kind of hard (although all we have to do is look at regular/SatAM design and the Mecha design becomes forgettable). Now some of us will tolerate it and see where Ian Flynn goes with it and perhaps hope and pray for hints and clues to be dropped, but until that time we have to sit and wait.

Now there are those that will look at this question and think to themselves or say to themselves that the reason we asked this question is because we as long-time fans are just wondering when and where we will get our Sonic/Sally relationship and romance and as some of them put it spotlight stealing back. Again it is not because we want to see the character back just so they could steal the spotlight or just so the relationship with the main character can still the spotlight but is because we are fans of that character and we see potential in that character and enjoy that character as they are overall and like you/them we do want to see this character develop even more so but not as a robotic slave but as themself.

The aftermath of when this situation of Sally and Nicole's is another question that many wonder about. For some they may see Ian Flynn create more unnecessary drama, an example being Sally perhaps not trusting herself to go on missions or Sally going on missions but going back to Freedom HQ and allowing Sonic to confront whoever the villain may be. Others may see it a different way, others may look at it and say to themselves that finally Sally and her friends will rid the planet of their long-time nemesis.

For how Sally will be restored, some hints may have been dropped. One hint is with the new King in the comic, well another has been dropped in a more recent cover preview. How it will occur as I said in another post we will just have to wait and see.

But for those that feel that this overall Sally situation is putting more emphasis on not just her but on her relationship with Sonic, those people need to look up and Google names like Spiderman/Peter Parker and his girlfriend Mary Jane Watson, Scott Summers and Jean Grey, Rogue and Gambit, and most importantly Superman/Clark Kent and Lois Lane. The reason I mention these names from these very famous comics is because do you see or hear people/fans complaining about those relationships being shoved down the faces, stealing the spotlight from others, do you hear or see that? Because being a long-time reader of comics and collecting comics like X-Men, Spiderman, and even Superman I have yet to see that.

You sit there reading this and you may ask why I brought that up, because it's not just a question of how long Sally's situation will last, but to also show that those couples and characters have dealt with similar situations. An example being, in Ulitmate Spiderman they had Mary Jane for who knows how many issues turn into a demon goblin at random times or when she got angry, thus this allowed Spiderman/Peter Parker and others time during these issues to try to save and help her. Now did that get any backlash, from what I know and heard, I'd say none. And then of course you have issues featuring the other couples that I talked about that are adventurous and entertaining and fun to read and yes those issues do focus on those couples but you don't hear people complaining? I don't.

So for those sitting here reading this on this message board, they need to realize that you may have an opinion on who you feel a certain blue hedgehog should be with but when you read those examples hopefully you get a better understanding for why as those out there put it, you have Sally and Sonic's relationship shove it in our faces and down on throat's. Which it's not by the way, in my opinion.

You may be reading this and saying that that absolutely made no sense. True it may not made no sense, but I'm not taking any chances that this new topic on this message board gets turned into a flame war and a love and hate war for Sonic and Sally. This is just answering a question that a fan on YouTube asked and gave his own answer to this past week.

The links for both videos are down below.

God bless and peace out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78zQK4WiFYI

"allegedly"? This is legit.

lol, TSSZ is definitely NOT the most smartest Sonic News updaters around the block.

Sega is the one that gives Archie word on doing Game adaptions in the first place, but wow, it's surprising they even do a adaption of episode 2, heck they didn't do a episode 1 adaption. Even more surprising that they announced this and no gameplay footage surfaced at all yet.

I think I can understand why episode 2 is getting an adaptation and episode 1 didn't. Episode 1 mostly relied on the nostalgia derived from calling it Sonic 4 to draw people in, it otherwise didn't have anything to run on. Episode 2 seems very much more action heavy, with Tails being thrown into the fray some way and Metal Sonic having some time as well, it's much easier to make a comic that will attract potential customers in using that.

Sega is the one that gives Archie word on doing Game adaptions in the first place, but wow, it's surprising they even do a adaption of episode 2, heck they didn't do a episode 1 adaption.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the "Sonic 4 Episode 2" adaptation will be canon to Archie Sonic or if it will just be another non-canon another time another place story?

I wonder if the "Sonic 4 Episode 2" adaptation will be canon to Archie Sonic or if it will just be another non-canon another time another place story?

Ignoring the Genesis 4 parter which is a deferent reality temporarily created that covered Sonic 1 & 2, the Rush Adventure Adaption I think was the last Game to Archie Universe Adaption they did, But I'm not 100% sure.

We never directly seen Sonic and Tails adventures in Marine & Blazes world, but we know that it all went according to how the game played out for the most part, mainly by Marines description in the very first SU. I could be wrong through.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah lately if its supposed to adapt to the game in some way, its happened off-page. i've seen it in shadow explaining the SA2 arc as well.

Btw, Dantemustdie00, you've been pumping out some awesome archie styled sonic art lately. we really don't give you enough credit. :)

Ooh, a Sonic 4: Episode 2 adaptation, huh? Hm, maybe there'll be more attention paid to the game's story this time around...

Here are the April solicts.

1183431_ful.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Terry Austin & Various (CA) Tracy Yardley

'Cry Freedom!' The Freedom Fighters are no more. Dr. Eggman moves on to terrorize a Mobius unopposed. King Naugus rules through a campaign of fear. But Sonic isn't about to let all that stop him! A new era is about to begin as two new teams burst onto the scene to save the world! The future begins today in this great jumping-on-point issue!

1183432_ful.jpg

"(W) Ian Flynn (A/CA) Jamal Peppers & Various

'Scrambled,' Part 3. Dr. Eggman has tracked his treasonous lackey, Snively, all the way to the Dragon Kingdom! Snively is out to rescue the love of his life, but will the embittered Iron Queen take him back? More importantly: will the Dragon Kingdom survive a visit from the good doctor?"

1183430_ful.jpg

"(W/A) Various (CA) Ben Bates

Sonic Super Special Magazine is back and better than ever! The first Sonic comic magazine in Archie history, already packed with over 100 pages of comics, news, and features, will also feature a brand-new Sonic Video-Game story! Sega's hottest new game is getting the comic book treatment, and it's only available in this deluxe, magazine-sized, quarterly collection! Also featured is the dramatic return of Dr. Eggman, the birth of New Mobotropolis and the new Sonic Time Line, which features more new art from fan-favorite artists Jamal Peppers and Tracy Yardley!"

Any theories on what the two new teams are?

• Thumbs Up 5