Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Say, does anyone think Silver will stay longer than one comic? Or will he stay to continue the fight with one of the teams?

I always took it more as "Shit just got real". Sonic was always the main roadblock keeping Eggman from achieving his goals, and with him being too incessant with the Freedom Fighters gone it's just got a whole lot more intense now that he doesn't have to worry about them.

Fixed for truth.

Following the last review I did in which I was brande an outside and practically chased from the village with a pitchfork and burning torches
Edited by Grooseinator032

I actually agree with Hoggy on basically everything that he mentioned

Shifting the subject a little bit, I went snooping on Ken's forum again and found this:

To quote one of favorite philosophers, "I don't believe in the no-win scenario."

Lest it's really not clear, I'm not prepared to lose, especially after the week I've had in NYC these past few days, in which I came away with a small victory in the overall war, with the trial date vacated as further motions will be filed.

In case you hadn't noticed, Archie's owners are engaged in a death-match with each other, and I have my thoughts on that. Let's just say I believe one of the owners is being dragged unfairly through the mud. So that's a mess and a half all by itself.

As for my plans, I anticipate unveiling the next character sometime next week, to be followed by two more - possibly three - characters before the unveiling of the cover image.

I'll have more to say once I return home to the west coast later this weekend.

Basically Ken is being full of himself again, but the part in bold actually scares me a little bit.

Just have to make one teeny tiny correction to Hoggy's post on the basis of technicality;

and Knuckles is on the cover of thi

Actually, he's not. If you look carefully, the figure in the bush has soft blue eyes, and you can also make out eyelashes if you're really looking closely at the detail. The cover may be a homage to Sonic 3, but he was specifically edited out to make way for Princess Sally.

Basically Ken is being full of himself again, but the part in bold actually scares me a little bit.

You know, I think I might actually be looking forward to Penders' weekly terrifying character updates more than Concept Art Fridays. Maybe if every badnik had its own horrible tagline...

• Thumbs Up 2

Her bursting into a meeting and yelling "Penis!" at everybody cracked me up.

Still, this does seem worrisome. Hopefully they solve this quickly.

I feel a disturbance. As if millions of fanboys cried out in nerdrage, and were suddenly silenced.

• Thumbs Up 5

Not wanting a comic to be cancelled is considered fanboyish?

Only if you are a fan of said comic. If you are not a fan of said comic, then you get to gloat as a relatively annoymous soul out there in cyberspace land. laugh.png

Personally I am not concerned - almost. The only thing that is giving me pause is something was brought up during one of the topics over at BKC about Ian not doing the yearly "sneak peek" of what to expect the coming year in the comics. Apparently it was mentioned to someone that privately asked that he couldn't do it, but can't say why.

In this storyline he was doing a pretty good job on his own (if you found the options screen), so why can't he go fight Robotnik in what I assume is supposed to be a Sonic 2 storyline?

And look here he is on his own again!

Well I think he can join in you little bitch so stop complaining about his age and go back to your damn throne and talk about a commity or something /Bill Murry Scrooged.

Tails age was an issue with the other characters even when he's "older" than his Genesis counterpart. Its a lingering habit that drags on well into issue 170+.

Why are you hanging the Genesis arc out to dry for falling back on a ploy that was even more blatant than usual? Tails appearing to young to fight is nothing new.

I am not a huge fan of the comics, but I would be very disappointed if the reason it could get canceled was because idiots at the top where fighting about money or something. Don't know, didn't bother to read the article.

Hogfather's review reminded my why I really don't like this comic. I don't like the SatAM/Archie specific content, and that's really what the comic is about.

I actually agree with Hoggy on basically everything that he mentioned

Shifting the subject a little bit, I went snooping on Ken's forum again and found this:

Tails age was an issue with the other characters even when he's "older" than his Genesis counterpart. Its a lingering habit that drags on well into issue 170+.

Why are you hanging the Genesis arc out to dry for falling back on a ploy that was even more blatant than usual? Tails appearing to young to fight is nothing new.

One thing I like about the Genesis arc is that Sonic actually confronts Sally over this. That ploy has been fucking stupid from the start.

In other news, rumours are spreading that Archie Sonic may be in danger of being forced to cancel. The problem lies at the top, because it's a dispute between the two co-CEOs of Archie, John Goldwater and Nancy Silberkleit. Info about Goldwater suing Silberkliet for being destructive to the company here

This is horrible. Absolutely dreadful. This could be the end of everything Ian has worked out of. No more reshaping of characters. No more snarky Sonic. No more BEAN! No more Sally...

contemplating.jpg

I'm just kidding. But still..

Really hope your joking there The-Master-Board. because that would be a really pathetic reason to want the comic stopped entirely.

Enough is enough, you try to take my internet now you try to take my Sonic comics? Why does God hate me so? Anyway to go on Hogfather's post, I agree quite more than I thought I would. I agree that Tails age has always been picked on and is stupid to neglect him for it. I agree 232 isn't exactly exciting. Heck I agree with most of it. Genesis was hyped up to be big, yet flopped due to "too little, too soon". I think the letter section said if we wanted more, Universe was always an option. So a Sonic 3 Arc in Genesis style? I can hardly say no.as for Ken, well go away. Thats all I can say

No more having to hear people whine about Sally!

lol, I'm going to have to agree with this here, that would be one thing I can easily do away with permantly.

Well whatever the heck those Archie bosses are arguing about better not screw around with my monthly joy of Sonic and Mega Man comics. We only get like one measly game a year, sometimes two, and they barely hold me for a week without getting bored of it, but I like to enjoy Sonic all year long, so they better settle their little affairs without any consequnces..

• Thumbs Up 2