Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I also thought it was Jules. Assuming the recruits are all locals, and I'm guessing that's the theme (unless the two on the right are Wolf Pack sisters or something), Jules would be one of the willing among them. A Jules 2.0 could just be using that first Metal Sonic's design as a throwback for for old fans. Moving Sonic's dad into more of a main role is much more useful for the series than resurrecting a dead robot, or I hope that's what Ian thinks... We could also hear his "Roboticization is back" woes, as the first roboticized Mobian, and the only one aside from Sally now I believe.

His eyes are similar, the only thing is he's missing his hair curl thing.

Edited by Badnikz

I always liked Leeta and Lyco.... being a twin myself probably has something to do with it.

Can anybody peg an ID on the owl looking guy in the background of #41?

Anyway, I had my fingers crossed that the next Universe arc would have something to do with Blaze (and maybe even Nega) but another Silver arc isn't all bad. Clearly his last arc has gained him quite a bit of popularity.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I also thought it was Jules. Assuming the recruits are all locals, and I'm guessing that's the theme (unless the two on the right are Wolf Pack sisters or something), Jules would be one of the willing among them. A Jules 2.0 could just be using that first Metal Sonic's design as a throwback for for old fans. Moving Sonic's dad into more of a main role is much more useful for the series than resurrecting a dead robot, or I hope that's what Ian thinks... We could also hear his "Roboticization is back" woes, as the first roboticized Mobian, and the only one aside from Sally now I believe. His eyes are similar, the only thing is he's missing his hair curl thing.

That would be the man Elias went to see in the back-up story of #233, Harvey Who.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

What is wrong with the cover?! I'm seriously not seeing any issue with it! why such hate for it guys?

Because it stars a bunch of new characters who we've had barely any foreshadowing beyond a few hints, and seem to be taking over the story despite their new status.

Honestly, it's not like that's a bad thing considering this is a spin-off arc behind the main story.

Because it stars a bunch of new characters who we've had barely any foreshadowing beyond a few hints, and seem to be taking over the story despite their new status.

"New" characters? Pretty sure those are all characters who have been seen in the book before.

Silver gets another arc? Ugh...

I honestly dont mind, the Silver in the comics almost acts completely diffrent than his game persona and it's for the better I'd say.

Honestly, it's not like that's a bad thing considering this is a spin-off arc behind the main story.

I really don't care as much as I would if it was in the main book, but its still kind of annoying, I mean would've have been easier to use previous characters?

"New" characters? Pretty sure those are all characters who have been seen in the book before.

Ok, I know I don't keep as much tabs on the book as some people, but I have never seen these characters before at all. I'm pretty sure I'd remember a Metal Sonic being a freedom fighter.

I honestly dont mind, the Silver in the comics almost acts completely diffrent than his game persona and it's for the better I'd say.

Plus his last one sucked, so redemption.

Silver is pretty funny, but I still don't like him. I don't mind having him around, but an arc of him is too much.

Ok, I know I don't keep as much tabs on the book as some people, but I have never seen these characters before at all. I'm pretty sure I'd remember a Metal Sonic being a freedom fighter.

The original Metal Sonic was never an FF. Towards the end of his last arc, he reformed and sacrificed himself to save Sonic and Tails. If he came back, it's not unreasonable that he would become an FF. As for the others, the guy beside Silver is most definitely Elias, the twin wolf girls and Leeta and Lyco from the Wolf Pack, and the guy in the back looks to be a redesigned Larry Lynx. Not a single new character.

Plus his last one sucked, so redemption.

Heh, I actually thought his last arc was pretty great, one if the main reasons why I'm not to cheesed having him appear in another one.

• Thumbs Up 5

Heh, I actually thought his last arc was pretty great, one if the main reasons why I'm not to cheesed having him appear in another one.

His last arc just boiled to just one big brawl, and the story that was there wasn't even about him, its focused on that Lara Su reject.

Hopefully this arc, Silver is actually the main character.

Seeing as this is a Sonic Rivals based/referential arc,is there any possibility that Eggman Nega will appear?

Thats the thing though, you don't keep tabs so your not an avid reader. these are already established characters:

Leeta & Lyco - The wolf pack twins are to the side of silver there

Until told otherwise, it may be Larry Lynx in the backround

Harvey Who is in the backround there as well

And of course Elias is behind Silver

Yes there was a good Metal Sonic the archie original he was sonic's rival until he reformed at the end and sacrificed himself at the end by holding back a erupting volcano long enough for Sonic and Tails to escape. But people don't seem to understand that

you and Ian has estlibashed a Dead = Dead policy so the only other 2 good metal sonic's it can be are Silver Sonic Mk. 2 a reformed SS that was a defender of the city. since the remains of that SS are MIA after his fight with Shadow during the SA2 semi-arc. And then theres Jules, Sonic's Father with some possible some serious upgrades but since his trademark tuft of silver metal hair isn't present its questionible that it is him.

So hopefully you understand now that this isn't a case of making up new characters but Archie already using an established cast of characters.

Edited by goku262002

What was he made out of Dolomite or something? dry.png

Ok lets hear it...

For one, the Power Gem that was in his chest (and looks to still be on his chest in that cover) could have protected him. It managed to repair him when he was just a pile of scrap, and it could have the capabiliy to shield him from lava.

Edited by Immortheus

My disdain towards him is only part of the problem. I've been waiting to see something on Mighty's search for Mathilda for a while now, and now Silver gets a second arc.

Thats the thing though, you don't keep tabs so your not an avid reader. these are already established characters:

Leeta & Lyco - The wolf pack twins are to the side of silver there

Until told otherwise, it may be Larry Lynx in the backround

Harvey Who is in the backround there as well

And of course Elias is behind Silver

• Thumbs Up 1