Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Putting the big wall of text to one side, Sonic #235 is being shipped today so hopefully we will hear soon if someone has the comic, and if so we will know if Antoine is dead or simply in a coma. I don't have anything against Antoine but I'm really hoping he does die. It'll give the comic more life than it has in the last few years.

Edited by Blackbell

I don't have anything against Antoine but I'm really hoping he does die. It'll give the comic more life than it has in the last few years.

I'm hoping that was intentional.

On one hand, I'd miss Antoine. On the other, well, if he was Killed Off for Real, it would be interesting to see the effects it would have on the cast. Especially Sonic...it's interesting to see him beginning to lose his cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really interested to see if Sonic will snap soon will all this going on. If Antoine does die, that could be what pushes him over the edge. I also sort of want to see him in a situation where he feels in the blame that he wasn't able to stop Eggman soon enough and finish the job (partly because he was too busy playing with Silver Sonic), either through his own realisation or through other people pointing the finger of blame.

We rarely get to see Sonic out of his comfort zone so this story is a great time for his character.

Holy wall of text Batman! At any rate, I'm tired of this. To the ignore list you go!

Best fucking idea I heard I honestly forgot we had the option. I'm tired of seeing this idiot babble on about nothing in this thread.

Guys, are you saying you don't want to hear what this smelly hobo I found lying on the street has to say about current developments in the Sonic comic?!

...Why has no one liked you?! This man is a comedy genius and should be treated as such.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hogfather, you need to make sure this becomes a regular feature, your reviews are just gold.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Hogfather

What is your take on the whole Archieverse? Do you like how the comic has evolved from a mishmash of TV/game continuities? Or would you prefer a reboot?

Just curious because I can't remember your stance on it.

Hogfather, why do you rock so much?

There's a reason he's a TSS staff/writer now.

While digging around the Penders forum on the search for movie stuff, I came across a thread about the Archie blog. In it is a quote I think is pretty interesting in regards to the communication between Archie in the early days and SEGA.

The quote is in response to someone asking why Mori and Jerry (two random guys who were dubbed as creating Sonic in Sonic Live) were used and not any actual SEGA staff;

At the time SONIC LIVE was originally pitched, the last third of the story was supposed to take place at the actual SEGA of America HQ, featuring actual Sega personnel interacting with their mascot during a battle against Dr. Robotnik. The problem with going forward with this aspect of the story had more to do with production logistics, as most the panels on these pages would be mostly photographs layered with art and word balloons. The first problem was actually getting to the west coast in order to take the pictures. The second was getting everyone involved to go along with the plan. SONIC LIVE was initially proposed late in the first quarter of 1994 and didn't end up published until late in 1997, so that ought to give you some idea of the gestation process for this baby.

One other thing, Mori and Jerry ended up representing both the Japanese and American personnel from the company, and have no real life counterparts. At the time they were created, I had yet to hear the name Yuji Naka. Nor had I ever heard the name Naoto Ohshima during the entire time I submitted stories to the series. That's how little we were ever told about Sonic's origins within the company at the time.

Yeesh, Penders didn't even do his research into creators of the series? Lazy man.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh except one more thing... Robot Sally is fifty billion times more interesting and useful than Sally ‘I’m not a policeman I’m a princess’ acorn ever was.

I've been saying this shit for months.

Just got spoilt for 235. Let's just say I'll wait til the issue to make my full mind up. Very mixed emotions!!!

Not got #235, but in the process of obtaining spoilers. Hopefully it won't be long until I can make an opinion, too!

Okay, seen the spoilers! Don't open unless you're dying to know about Antoine.

ANTOINE IS NOT DEAD.

One other thing;

Bernie is now purple. Again.

Okay, seen the spoilers! Don't open unless you're dying to know about Antoine.

ANTOINE IS NOT DEAD.

One other thing;

....Well there goes any tension or drama this story arc could have had.

Oh, it's not like he's happy and healthy by the end, he's still in a coma. Trust me, the rest of the events are still pretty heated, not least with Bunnie leaving the hospital after saying "Never again. Ah've lost you. Ah've lost Sally, but I refuse to lose anybody else. Ah know what Ah gotta do to protect everyone. To make things right. Wait for me, Sugah-Twan. And please forgive me for what Ah gotta do."

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, I kinda care that

The citizens are still treating Nicole like slag. I have no idea how they plan to run anything without her

One other thing;

FINALLY!

Ahem, anyways I'm still excited as ever-

I mayyyy have gave a sigh of relief for Antione.This many years of the comic running and I still don't think I'm ready to let the poor guy go T_T However, Nicole's situation keeps getting worse, heck, everything's pretty much going to crap, so I like the bit of dark/dreary tension, it's a nice change, for a while of course

Yeesh, Penders didn't even do his research into creators of the series? Lazy man.

Because that's so important.

Well, Bunnie's the traitor then. I never really considered Sally the traitor, she wasn't properly roboticized of her own free will. If I'm right however, Bunnie's likely going to her Uncle to be a cyborg again.

Edited by The KKM