Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Anyone else get the feeling of a 'SECOND RENAISSANCE' vibe with the citizens hating Nicole (the machine programe) maybe Nicole is the traitor she's lost her best friend, been controlled against her will, had a whole city turn against her, lead by a singer (mina who's a icon/hero to the people) and Naugus's magic.

If all that were to happen to anyone that send someone over the edge, maybe Nicole would be so upset to rid the world of flesh and hack in to control armies of machines, and that in the end it would only be Sally who can bring Nicole from the brink of darkness.

Just a thought.

Call it what you want, but this was the only thing in the arc worth caring about really, we all know Sally is going to turn back to normal, and that Naugus is going to get booted out as King, but Ant dying was probably the only thing that would have changed the status quo and now its gone. Like Hogfather said, anything he does now will never be that awesome again.

Honestly, I saw it coming a LONG mile away. It still took a huge punch when you feel that he might be dead, but I couldn't help but think "Meh, he's alive, but he's gravely jacked up."

I'm a little more concerned with Nicole. Of all the things they're doing with her, her treatment is one of the most cruel storywise because unlike Antoine, there's no easy prediction of what'll happen with her. Not saying that her treatment is worse than Antoine in a coma, tho.

Despite they way they're handling Antoine, the status quo is still jacked up to the point that it'll take a LONG time for things to settle...atleast that what I hope they're going for.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Honestly, I saw it coming a LONG mile away. It still took a huge punch when you feel that he might be dead, but I couldn't help but think "Meh, he's alive, but he's gravely jacked up."

I'm a little more concerned with Nicole. Of all the things they're doing with her, her treatment is one of the most cruel storywise because unlike Antoine, there's no easy prediction of what'll happen with her. Not saying that her treatment is worse than Antoine in a coma, tho.

Despite they way they're handling Antoine, the status quo is still jacked up to the point that it'll take a LONG time for things to settle...atleast that what I hope they're going for.

I'm still trying to figure out why they booted her out? I mean what did she do?

Also, its kind of hard to see Sonic like this, he's been through so much and now is lashing out, but the again Silver's attitude wasn't exactly helpful, seriously why was he being such a judgmental prick?

Ya'll have to bare in mind...

At the concert in 221 Naugus cast a spell to make the citizens very wiled up, A LOT more than they were before (As Naugus said, "They will be baying for blood!") and they took Mina's lyrics in her song way too far than what she actually wanted. she even states in 222 "This isn't what my music was supposed to create", she knew something fishy was going on herself.

And in the upcoming issues, Mina herself will be trying to get some anwsers with the assistance of Nicole.

And really you got to understand, the citizens were flat out terrified when Nicole made the city turn on them when she was possessed by the Iron Queen.

Makes me think of the epsiode of Justice League when they had the Watch Tower weoponized with that giant laser cannon, when the people of Earth heard about a giant beam weopon floating above their heads they began to majorly distrust the League.

Oh, and kudo's to Bernie havng her purple color again.

I knew that Antoine couldn't be dead, just severely injured. Let's see if my prediction about him being fitted with cybernetics comes true.

So according to Mogul, Ixis somehow got the Green and Red Emeralds, and became more powerful. I guess that's where the Secret Freedom Fighter Arc is going?

Well, since I was gone for a week, I have two things that I typed up over that time, that I've been waiting to post here for ya all to read :

Should We Rush To Have Ian Flynn Removed As Head Writer?

Well, from what many have seen & read (depending on your point of view), it would seem that many (if not some) are cocked and ready to have that done, or at least start some of kind of movement to have Ian removed.

Now I'm not saying that I want Ian removed, but from what other's have ranted about, concerning his most recent actions in the comic and the Sonic Universe spinoff, (again depending on your point of view) can anyone truly blame them?

Others have come out and said and suggested to "let things play out, because you don't know what Ian has in store for the future issues of this massive storyarc." This indeed is a vaild point, and despite how people feel, that's exactly what myself and some others (who on the thin line fence when comes to Ian) are indeed doing. But again, you totally can't blame some for feeling the way they do when it comes to Ian's writing.

One of the major compliants that they have is, that Ian is going too much for shock value instead of plot development. Now others will argue that is not entirely true, and from their point of view it may not be, but others see it differently.

Some fans, like GBS, have even stated in their latest DA journal (http://gameboysage.deviantart.com/journal/Sonic-235-Rock-Bottom-Finally-Hit-292165121), that they have noticed other fans, some that are even on Ian's own Bumbleking web page/message board are started to notice cracks in his writing and that people are not simply freaking out over characters getting injured, but just the writing in general is starting to get people confused and annoyed, with how things are playing out. Now some will agree with GBS's point here, and of course they will be others that won't.

But GBS isn't the only one that has an issue with Ian's writing or his way of structing the story or characters in the comic. Others like LaserX5/SatAMSonicx93, Bleeding-Fingertips, ReeceTails, Louis The Hedgehog, Power 1x, Twilight-Na, among many others (including at times, those you wouldn't expect) all have an issue with Ian's writing and structiing of the story and characters. But also feel that he is slowly intergated something that he did before he became the head writer. Again, there will be a division on that subject as well/always.

Some have said that this "upset and unnerve the fans" arc of Ian's has not lived up to the hype and hasn't done justice to the comic/comics overall. Many have pointed out the fact, that it seems that Ian's has currently gone more along the lines of the "A Wizard did it" forluma when it comes to certain situations in the comic. While others have pointed out some flaws in recent issues, (ex. Elias and family leaving during the day instead of at night., Bunnie not getting a nantie suit or enhancements like Rotor., Robotnik/Eggman talking with Nagus like their old buddies, when this isn't the prime Robotnik, etc.. )

And of course, there's Sally. Everyone is divided on this. Some like what Ian has done and feel it will create some great character development for her, if/when/should she be returned to normal, which I agree is a strong valid point. While others don't like it one bit, and feel that this is just a year-long excuse to get her fully clothed when/if/should she be returned to normal, which in someways is a strong valid point as well. Of course through they have pointed out the fact, that to do this, Ian had to modified Sally with weapons (blades, lasers, and as of SU#38, a gun in her head?), which some have said is really, really pushing it for Ian and his writing, and as I mentioned/asked at the beginning, can you truly blame them?

Now I know some, if none of you at these forums will agree with me or those that I mentioned. But you have to respect the fact, that despite whither you agree with their point of view or not, they at least came out and expressed how they feel about the comic and how Ian currently is doing in their eyes. Just as you here at these forums have the right to express how you feel about Ian and how he currently doing on the comic. So at least you have to show some respect for that.

Well, that is all I have to say for the night, have a good evening and sleep.

-bwrosas

(PS. YES I DID TYPE THIS WITH MY BARE HANDS AND FINGERS! ;) )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question : Is this Storyarc An Excuse to Get Sally Fully Clothed At The End of it?

What I mean, is with Ian having Eggman modifiy and weaponize Sally, complete with a blue body or armor. Is this Ian's way of finally fully clothing Sally if/when/should she be restored in the end. Well some fans do feel that might be the case. But why?

Well, throughout the years, the one thing many Non-Sally Fans have complained about, is the fact that she's almost completely naked, with the only execptions being her vest and boots. Now some/many long-time fans are okay with this, because this is how they have known Sally throughout the years in the comic and SatAM, heck she even has this design on the cover of the "Best of Sonic The Hedgehog" comic collection coming out later this year (I think it's this year). But still there are those that feel different about it, and throughout time, their dislike for her just wearing a vest and boots have shown.

Being among those fans since the game's reboot with "Sonic Adventure", one could probably understand this. Why? Because these non fans have pointed out at various times, that they feel that's it's unfair that characters like, Amy Rose, Rouge, Shade, Cosmo, Vanilla and Cream, and even Blaze and Marine have to be fully clothed, and Sally isn't. Heck, they even point out the fact that even, Bunnie, Mina, Lupe, and even Hershey are fully clothed and that it's unfair that Sally isn't. Now many would agree with their arguements, but again, there are those that try to point out the fact, that this is how Sally is.

One reason they point out is the fact that she is somewhat of a tomboy princess, and by just wearing a vest and boots, along with a short hairstyle is one way of proving that, which one would argue and agree is a valid point to make.

But if you want another example, let's look at Cleo, from "The Cataillc Cats", she naked for most of that show's run and in her appearances. Now I know someone will point out the fact that it was during the show's run from the mid-late 80s, so she was able to get away with it.

Okay, but what about Mona Lisa (from Season 4) in the orginal (TMNT) that aired on CBS in the 1990's, she was naked in her mutant form, save a belt and a ascot. And what about Venus in (Next Mutantion) she was naked for a majority of that show's run and no one complained and it was live-action, not animated. And again I know someone will point out the fact that she was/is a turtle and there's a differnce. True, however you should get what I'm trying to say and point out here.

The fact of the matter is, that there are those that don't like the idea of this arc possibly being nothing more than a long runned/running excuse to get her in a fully clothed bodysuit, because all she wears is a vest and boots. They feel by doing this, Ian is giving in to peer presure from not just Sega, but from fans that complain.

But here's a question for ya, How do you know that if this happens, if it won't be for the remainder of that issue she's possibly restored in, and that in the next issue she won't be back to her vest and boots style. How do you not know that? Because if you do, you'll realize, that's how she is and always will be accepted.

True, some fans have drawn art of what they feel she will look like in a bodysuit after she is possibly changed back to normal. And the reason they do this, is so they (Along with those that view their art) won't be too shocked and surprised by it, if that is what Ian might do, if she is possibly restored in a future issue or so.

So I thought I'd get that off my chest.

-bwrosas.

Should We Rush To Have Ian Flynn Removed As Head Writer.rtf

Question Is this Storyarc An Excuse to Get Sally Fully Clothed At The End of it.rtf

Should We Rush To Have Ian Flynn Removed As Head Writer.rtf

Question Is this Storyarc An Excuse to Get Sally Fully Clothed At The End of it.rtf

Dammit, I was hoping this little bump was for the 235 preview pages or something, are they not up yet? I don't know where they appear D: or I'd look myself, this topic is my source :P

Ironically, I believe Ian loved Sally's character WAY more than Ken Penders did, so that's really saying something.

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 1

While I'm all for everyone being entitled to their opinions, yeah, sometimes you need to be told to shut up. Glad someone finally did it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Envy, I think IGN put them up now. I'm not too sure but the problem is they leave it till the last minute. I already bought my SU38 from the shop before the preview came out :-p

• Thumbs Up 1

Envy, I think IGN put them up now. I'm not too sure but the problem is they leave it till the last minute. I already bought my SU38 from the shop before the preview came out :-p

Hmm, I can't seem to find them anywhere :/

Ah well, it's no big deal, thank you anyway!

Ironically, I believe Ian loved Sally's character WAY more than Ken Penders did, so that's really saying something.

Which I find sad considering outside of his treatment of Sally, I think he's a damn good writer.

What is it about Sally that makes authors want to portray her as this borderline flawless individual, who's Sonic's perfect match, its annoying.

That's nice.

Now get the hell out of here.

Just to warn you he might try to ban-jump and create a new account. He's been trying to get back on Bumbleking for like the last six years so be ready.

Just to warn you he might try to ban-jump and create a new account. He's been trying to get back on Bumbleking for like the last six years so be ready.

We'll deal with him like we did Total Shadow, keep banning him until he gets the fucking message.

Pah, No worries! If you see some random new user start posting extremely long blabber that no one has the patience to read and silly video's of their Ian Flynn rant, you know it would be him.

What is it about Sally that makes authors want to portray her as this borderline flawless individual, who's Sonic's perfect match? It's annoying.

Edited by Verte

Ignoring the fact that the blog post was almost 2 years ago and given recent happenings, im pretty sure his stance on that has changed.

Ignoring the fact that the blog post was almost 2 years ago and given recent happenings, im pretty sure his stance on that has changed.

You'd be surprised how much you can read into things, while I do love the direction Flynn has taken with Sally; she still seems to be the center of attention when it comes to the current conflict, apparently has displaced Metal Sonic as Eggman's top enforcer, and the plot seems more "Save Sally, then stop Eggman" rather "Stop Eggman & Save Sally". Its not as bad a before, but still very prominent.

I feel that blog post was just a poor choice of words on Ian's part. I really don't think that he was trying to say that she's perfect.

Sorry but I don't see all this favoritism that Ian has towards Sally. The only reason why Sally got so much attention last year was to lead up to her getting roboticized.

Afraid I don't have any info to give you guys now (like the #235 preview that Envy wants to see). just another paranoid question.

So, with the recent scaling down of the SoA department, could Archie Sonic have been put in more danger of cancellation, or are we still at the same threat level as before? We still have the Penders lawsuit and the Goldwater/Silberkleit skit at the top of the chain putting it in danger, I'm just wondering if the branch most connected to it being reduced in size could affect it even further.

You'd be surprised how much you can read into things, while I do love the direction Flynn has taken with Sally; she still seems to be the center of attention when it comes to the current conflict, apparently has displaced Metal Sonic as Eggman's top enforcer, and the plot seems more "Save Sally, then stop Eggman" rather "Stop Eggman & Save Sally". Its not as bad a before, but still very prominent.

I would have gave it another issue before I brought this up, but I would have been harassed by Master-board so I just am going to concur with this.