Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I would have gave it another issue before I brought this up, but I would have been harassed by Master-board so I just am going to concur with this.

I didn't need to read another issue, I had this:

sth238.600.jpg

Notice how Eggman(The main villain) is in the background, while Sally is front and center with Sonic. I might be reading too much into things, but still....this caught my eye.

I would have gave it another issue before I brought this up, but I would have been harassed by Master-board so I just am going to concur with this.

Hahahaha harolleyes.gif

I'd hardly call standing up against your unwarranted Sally bashing "harrassing" you, but nice try.

I would've commented here earlier but this ain't really an Archie topic as it is more a hate on Sally topic so I barely bother to read it anymore.

Hahahaha harolleyes.gif

I'd hardly call standing up against your unwarranted Sally bashing "harrassing" you, but nice try.

I would've commented here earlier but this ain't really an Archie topic as it is more a hate on Sally topic so I barely bother to read it anymore.

Considering you only post whenever somebody hates on Sally, that's not surprising.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't need to read another issue, I had this:

sth238.600.jpg

It should be established that the only reason Sonic does not take her apart is because it is Sally. I mentioned this before and I fear Ian would take this route. Sally, Mecha or not, should not be able to stand a chance if Sonic is earnestly trying to destroy her or beat her down. She also should not be their primary mission. Eggman just backhandedly took down Station Square as if they were an obstacle in his way. I mean he did it to capture Snively and he wasn't even being serious. Sally should not be his lieutenant or even high command as he does have the Dark Legion for that. She shouldn't be his ace in the hole because one day, Sonic is going to get tired of it and just dismantle her without effectively destroying her. It reeks of favoritism since he just established Metal Knuckles(who I know Aquaslash as well as I are a shit ton more interested in seeing) and I haven't seen him since the Sonic Universe issue. Mecha Sally is great and all, but come on.

I want to point out that it wasn't me who brought up this. It was other people who earnestly agree with me about her previous characterization who did. Hell, ever since she was legionalized, I loved it even though I wanted her dead and still kind of do.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2

I dunno man, it feels that you're reading way to much into this. I mean, it's quite obvious that Eggman keeps Sally around because he knows Sonic would not outright destroy her, which males Sonic foiling his plans a lot more difficult. And who says that we WON'T see the other Mechas? Its not really viable to start making assumptions at this point if you ask me.

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dunno man, it feels that you're reading way to much into this. I mean, it's quite obvious that Eggman keeps Sally around because he knows Sonic would not outright destroy her, which males Sonic foiling his plans a lot more difficult. And who says that we WON'T see the other Mechas? Its not really viable to start making assumptions at this point if you ask me.

Yeah, we may be jumping to conclusions, but I think of it as cautious foreboding.

Metal Knuckles was one issue ago.

I really want to see Metal Knuckles again.

On the bright side, I see Drago Wolf so that means Sonic traveling which is something absolutely hated about his characterization of being a so-called adventurer, but stuck so close to Mobotropolis. I hope we see the Dragon Kingdom again i.e. Conquering Storm. She is may favorite commander of the Dark Legion.

Edited by turbojet

Notice how Eggman(The main villain) is in the background, while Sally is front and center with Sonic. I might be reading too much into things, but still....this caught my eye.

That's not a fair assessment at all. Mecha Sally, as the newest threat, has far more marketability and shock value, so of course she is going to be front and center on a cover like this. Using your background/foreground argument, you;d have to come to the conclusion that Drago is more important than Eggman, and we all know that is not the case.

For once, Sally is in the spotlight because the story demands it, and not because she's simply Sally, and people still find a way to complain about it. That makes no sense to me.

• Thumbs Up 6

That's not a fair assessment at all. Mecha Sally, as the newest threat, has far more marketability and shock value, so of course she is going to be front and center on a cover like this. Using your background/foreground argument, you;d have to come to the conclusion that Drago is more important than Eggman, and we all know that is not the case.

For once, Sally is in the spotlight because the story demands it, and not because she's simply Sally, and people still find a way to complain about it. That makes no sense to me.

I did say I might be reading too much into things didn't I?

I did say I might be reading too much into things didn't I?

Fair enough, but I still look at your statement as someone would look upon a backhanded complement. Even though you masked it with a qualifier, you still felt the need to say it.

.....but we can let this slide. I understand your pov.

Turbojet, to be honest that analysis of the cover is pretty much the definition of "butthurt anti-sallyism". And I say this while not even liking Sally. But it's pretty obvious things can only go this way:

r

1- Sonic can't just defeat Sally, she's the love of his life and all that crap. It's been established.

2- Sally's the leader of the FF group that's been giving Eggman crap for some 10 years or so now. She's a public loved figure in the kingdom. She's the first case of successful Roboticization Eggman's had recently. It's obvious he's gonna have her as a sort of "second-in-command". Place yourself in his place- wouldn't it just give you so much joy to look right and see one of your most annoying enemies completely subjugated? It's a constant reminder with the bonus of always bringing down enemy morale when she appears. Hell, if I were in his position, I'd have Mecha Sally randomly fly over New Mobotropolis everyday at midday just to remind people.

3- She's one of the main characters. While the story's about Eggman the villain, it's obvious it's going to focus more on the FF going "oh no one of my oldest friends is gone".

I mean yeah, fuck Sally. And yeah, if she were to be permanently gone I'd be happy- if done right. One thing I hate more than a bad character is a writer, either by himself or fan reaction, visibly acting against it just because that character is popular. I don't want a story in which in which a piano drops on Sally and she's gone and everyone's happy- that's stupid and terrible.

As for Metal Knuckles, that first issue seems to be establishing stuff more for the main comic- I'd wager we won't see more Grandmasters, Blue Emeralds, or Metal Knuckles/Tails on Sonic Universe, not this arc at least. Maybe they'll appear on the Secret FF one.

I think Sally should die, and Ian should put Elise in da book cuz Elise is Sonic's one true love. Not Sally or Amy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Are you serious? Elise was in one game, just one. And the plot of that one game wipes itself out and will probably never, ever be referenced again... You're excuse for her and Sonic being together is "because dey should yo" is pretty silly.

Are you serious? Elise was in one game, just one. And the plot of that one game wipes itself out and will probably never, ever be referenced again... You're excuse for her and Sonic being together is "because dey should yo" is pretty silly.

Ur just jealous cuz is bettar than Sally.

• Thumbs Up 3

Psst... remember what today is supposed to be, mon...

• Thumbs Up 3

And your a fool to fall for anything anyone says today....

Anyways, was it revealed who that Metal Sonic on SU #41's cover is yet?

The Power Gem on it's chest, the mega blaster arm, and it's overall design, it's the Original Metal Sonic (comic-wise)in it's 2.5 version, or at least a updated version of it. Most likely called 3.0 or something now.

And as already mentioned, the Lynx on the cover is indeed Larry Lynx with a updated design (Ian virtually confirmed it), the Wolf Pack twins Leeta (Green) and Lyco (Blue), Elias (note that he has his twin blades) and of course, Mr. "It's No Use!" Silver

The Power Gem on it's chest, the mega blaster arm, and it's overall design, it's the Original Metal Sonic (comic-wise)in it's 2.5 version, or at least a updated version of it. Most likely called 3.0 or something now.

I ment something official not just guesses based on past design. I was hoping Ian would just reveal what Metal Sonic it was already since we pretty much guessed who everyone else was.

The Ixis Resurgence? I seem to recall Antoine's son mentioning that in Sonic Universe 8 in relation to Tikhaos.

Maybe these current events will lead up to that?

Also, 2 points for Silver getting it wrong again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Silver in the Archie comics, but he should really try going into the past and finding out everything instead of using incomplete and unreliable records. Seriously, you'd think he'd have learned his lesson by now...

I like Silver in the Archie comics, but he should really try going into the past and finding out everything instead of using incomplete and unreliable records. Seriously, you'd think he'd have learned his lesson by now...

This. Seriously, even Games!Silver didn't take this long (equivalently speaking) to figure out Mephiles' true intentions.

Edited by Komodin

I got the latest issue on Saturday in the mail. It was "meh". I don't know, I'm not a good judge of the series. I got a subscription for Genesis and after that I've just been letting the subscription run out.

I will say that the art is FAR better than it was when I left the series around 110. Ian has done a good job cleaning up what was once a very messy comic series. But I'm just not a fan of the SatAM characters and the Archie-exclusive characters. To me, the games have a really good universe going that would make for a far more entertaining series. No more kindgoms and multi-verses and wizards and nonsense. It's cool if people enjoy the Archie series, but it's just not for me. I'd rather have Sally and the rest left as a memory of the '90's. I mean think about it, Princess Sally STILL exists in 2012! That's a crazy accomplishment, but I don't think it's a positive one.

Oh well, the issue itself had far too much walking, talking and tears. Silver walks around and talks to a remnant of the Knuckles mini-series, everybody else is talking and crying about Antoine. Talk talk talk, cry cry cry. Blah. One more issue and I'm free!

---

I should clarify before Archie fans tear me apart that I don't think the writing is bad. In fact, the art and writing is very good. Despite the quality, though, it just doesn't fit my idea of a Sonic comic book. It's like eating a delicious hamburger for breakfast. Neither are bad things, but they don't gel. You dig?

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

So if I'm getting this right...

Bunnie's the traitor

You know it's kinda hard to feel like she deserves any scorn at this point, but we haven't exactly seen what she'll do at the moment. We just know it'll be devastating.

My bet? She joins the DEL to get her cybernetics back and help the others.

To me, the games have a really good universe going that would make for a far more entertaining series. No more kindgoms

Sonic and the Black Knight.

and multi-verses

I feel like I'm being too picky mentioning Generations, the Storybook, and Chronicles.

and wizards and nonsense.

Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic and the Secret Rings, etc etc.

Do you realize that everything you just called "nonsense" is EXACTLY what is in the games? We're talking wizards, gods, different universes, kingdoms, and various other things. There's hardly anything you can think of that the games haven't already done.

It's cool if people enjoy the Archie series, but it's just not for me. I'd rather have Sally and the rest left as a memory of the '90's. I mean think about it, Princess Sally STILL exists in 2012! That's a crazy accomplishment, but I don't think it's a positive one.

Oh, puh-lease! That sounds like you're typical "I don't like this thing" bashing than an mere "it's not a positive accomplishment", and a very weak attempt to hide it.

I think the fact that she lasts this long speaks measures of how positive it is. If it was a bad thing, you'd think they would cut it short. If you're not a fan of the Archie series, it's rather silly to come here and complain about how much you don't like it and talk about how they should keep certain things in the 90s (and to say nothing of how ridiculous that statement is in itself).

I should clarify before Archie fans tear me apart that I don't think the writing is bad. In fact, the art and writing is very good. Despite the quality, though, it just doesn't fit my idea of a Sonic comic book. It's like eating a delicious hamburger for breakfast. Neither are bad things, but they don't gel. You dig?

Dude, I'm reading that as nothing more that SatAM bashing, and there's hardly a valid point in what you said. I can take Turbojet and Verte's disliking of some of the characters, but that's because they're not bashing them from being from a different medium and they're not complaining about them being some relic from the 90s like you're doing.

And let me ask you this: why in the world would you bother making a comic that retells the exact story of the games? If that doesn't spell "redundant" I don't know what would. I prefer the games over the comics, but I wouldn't force my ideals that I like in the games on the comic simply because it differentiates the media.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic