Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

And that, my dear ChaosSupreme, is the power of functional insanity!

And due to the sheer vagueness of this post, I feel no need for spoiler tags.

So Conquering Storm is overtaken by the Iron Queen too?

Uh...what?

She WAS under the IQ, but now that she has now power she serves Eggman. Seeing the look in her eye makes me think she's going to make things harder for him since she was against legionizing her people.

Since the preview pages are up, it's summary time!

55.Eggman flies down to the village and this awesomeness happens:

HNI_0095-1.jpg

I like this, I like this allot. :) Keep it coming with the game references guys, your doing a stellar job at it.

Really? She is only subordinate to Eggman and, for all intents and purposes, works to undermine his command without directly violating it. She is clever as well as strong. She works for her own ends and always has shown to be working to gain strength. A female is the embodiment of strength for an entire clan of males. She commands strength in what looks like an all-boys club and they fear as well as respect her. Iron Queen had to at least work with some Ram hulk thing to command that respect and she was nowhere near as smart as Storm. Lien-Da is just Eggman's secretary. She is a strong villainous female without being subjected to any overt sexist displays(Looking at Lien-Da here) and does not let any patriarchal figure show her up without the proper force with the exception of Eggman because he could destroy her clan in seconds. She is awesome and has character. Honestly, since the whole Iron Queen thing, maybe she could be a female Big Bad on the same level as Ixis and Mongul.

Not exactly. Ixis and Mogul have nigh-godlike powers, so she'd need something herself in order to compare with them powerwise.

But other than that...eh, dunno.

Naugus's Crystal magic was capable of taking control of Titan Metal/Metal Sonic Kai, and capable of wiping out sheer amounts of nanites.

Naugus is like the ultimate weopon against Eggman, however, his magic doesn't effect all metal. His magic didn't even scratch the Death Egg MK 2, it's most likely made out of something very powerful.

Naugus's Crystal magic was capable of taking control of Titan Metal/Metal Sonic Kai, and capable of wiping out sheer amounts of nanites.

Naugus is like the ultimate weopon against Eggman, however, his magic doesn't effect all metal. His magic didn't even scratch the Death Egg MK 2, it's most likely made out of something very powerful.

You mean Power Rings?

Got SU #39 in the mail today. I totally marked out when Eggman

started singing E.G.G.M.A.N.

I love when they do stuff like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got SU #39 in the mail today. I totally marked out when Eggman

started singing E.G.G.M.A.N.

I love when they do stuff like that.

What the absolute flying fuck...?

1205316_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #239

"'Heroes,' Part One. It's Team Freedom vs. Team Metal! Elias Acorn may no longer be king, but he's still a symbol of hope in Dr. Eggman's eyes - and that just won't do! As Dr. Eggman launches a two-pronged assault, Sonic and Team Fighters must save Elias from a deadly assassin - his own sister! Featuring a brand new painted cover by Greg Horn!"

1205317_ful.jpg

1205318_ful.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #42

"'Unsung Heroes,' Part Two. When Sonic is away, the Secret Freedom Fighters make evil pay! Deep under the city, in the scar left by the Battle Bird Armada, the evil wizard Ixis Naugus is shaping the earth to his whim. Elias, the deposed king, must lead his squad of Secret Freedom Fighters to find out what's going on! But with Naugus able to control the stones and shadows, will Elias' team emerge alive?"

1205315_ful.jpg

SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE #4

"Sonic Super Special Magazine is back - to the future! The first ever Sonic comic magazine in Archie history, packed with over 100 pages of comics, news and features, will spotlight the complete 'Mobius: 25 Years Later' epic! Sonic's complete futuristic adventure is collected in its entirety and available for the first time in one place in this deluxe, magazine-sized, quarterly collection! Also featured is an exclusive interview with Sonic superstar artist Ben Bates, and the new Sonic Time Line, which features more new art from fan-favorite artist Tracy Yardley!"

1205578_ful.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE TP VOL 03 KNUCKLES RETURNS

"Enter the Sonic Universe alongside Knuckles the Echidna! Rad Red is hot on the trail of his arch-nemesis, Dr. Finitevus. What he finds, however, is an ever-deepening mystery! But before he can investigate further, the newest Dark Egg Legion chapter attacks! To save Angel Island, Knuckles must team up with the Downunda Freedom Fighters - as well as Dr. Finitevus? New faces, new twists and surprises abound, and you cannot miss the thunderous showdown at the end! Collects the entire 'Knuckles Returns' storyline from Sonic Universe #9-12."

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, no! They nike-smiled Sonic's Generations art! tongue.png

Anyway, SU #42's cover looks good, but StH #239's just looks odd. What does a stock shot of Sonic have to do with the current plot? At least SU #42's alternate cover is just a variant. This is just lazy. Regardless, I'm looking forward to Team Metal having a major role in the story. I can't wait to see what the other Metals can do! smile.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14

What the absolute flying fuck...?

1205316_ful.jpg

That is the ugliest thing I have ever had the misfortune to look at.

So they made an already mediocre 3D representation of an awesome piece of 2D artwork a monstrosity by messing with the face, clearly just sticking the Heroes artwork face on it. So it's lazy and bad.

On top of that, it's got nothing to do with the story what so ever.

Sorry Greg but it's fucking awful. It's the worst one in the entire book. Words can't describe.

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 6

1205316_ful.jpg

Now you guys know what my nightmares are made of.

Edited by Ultimate Freddie-Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

That cover is without a doubt one of the most laziest things I've ever seen, and I honestly can't believe they sent it through.

You gotta give the cover artist some credit through. He made that cover look like freaking CG model, that takes some insane skill their. Maybe if he didn't try to make it look excatly like the Generations art (minus that smirk)and a more original pose, it wouldn't be so bad.

Spaz was the only other artist to actually color drawings to look neer CG-ish.

Well, in any case, I know what's gonna end up in Bad Sonic comic art Tumblr.

Edited by Dantemustdie00