Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Team Fighters seems to be Sonic, Tails, Amy, so logically Team Freedom would be Antoine, Bunnie and Rotor. But well...

Maybe it's Rotor and Nicole and someone else?

Team Fighters seems to be Sonic, Tails, Amy, so logically Team Freedom would be Antoine, Bunnie and Rotor. But well...

Maybe it's Rotor and Nicole and someone else?

Ant's in a coma, Bunnie has gone AWOL, and Rotor quit the council.

Team Freedom is Elias, Silver, A new Metal Sonic apparently, Lightning Lynx and a bunch of other nobodies.

Team Freedom is Elias, Silver, A new Metal Sonic apparently, Lightning Lynx and a bunch of other nobodies.

Larry Lynx, not Lightning Lynx. Also the other two were Leeta and Lyco, and the Metal Sonic is the first one that was in the comic that died in a volcano.

I'm annoyed that the two of you seem to be annoyed simply for the fact that we don't like the cover, so what if its to appeal to non comic fans, can we comment on it regardless? Even if it is criticism?

I'm not annoyed at all save for this debacle were having. I'm fine with the cover because I know its not a normal thing its everyone else thats throwing their arms up in protest. why get your pants in a knot over something stupid like this? we will get 1000 other great covers afterwards.

Just deal and let it be.

Ant's in a coma, Bunnie has gone AWOL, and Rotor quit the council. Team Freedom is Elias, Silver, A new Metal Sonic apparently, Lightning Lynx and a bunch of other nobodies.

Wow, shows how much you read this comic. Hell I may have restarted at #183 but at least I took time out to read up on whats going on and whos who. at least take your time out to learn names before brushing them off as useless nobodys.

Ant's in a coma, Bunnie has gone AWOL, and Rotor quit the council.

I don't know about that. I mean, they've referred to those guys as "The Secret Freedom Fighters" and I kinda thought they'd stick to that title. Why do I feel Team Freedom may have Cream and Big?

As for Rotor, I'm unsure how him quitting the council means he can't be a Freedom Fighter. Doesn't that mean he'd have more chance to get into action? As for Bunnie and Antoine I expect it will be a while before they join the freigh anyway.

I don't know about that. I mean, they've referred to those guys as "The Secret Freedom Fighters" and I kinda thought they'd stick to that title. Why do I feel Team Freedom may have Cream and Big?

....A pair of new Freedom Fighters show up, but somehow they're not Team Freedom? Please explain.

I'm not annoyed at all save for this debacle were having. I'm fine with the cover because I know its not a normal thing its everyone else thats throwing their arms up in protest. why get your pants in a knot over something stupid like this? we will get 1000 other great covers afterwards.

Because we can, you might not think its a big deal, but some of us it is. If you don't like it, just ignore it and take your own advice and move on.

Wow, shows how much you read this comic. Hell I may have restarted at #183 but at least I took time out to read up on whats going on and whos who. at least take your time out to learn names before brushing them off as useless nobodys.

They're minor characters, there's no reason I should care about them outside of the fact that they're on a side team.

I wonder what's the tendency with writers to create these "Loser Squadrons" of characters no one really asked to see. Is there some kind of writerly need to see if these characters could be redeemed if only they had the chance?

Like the Destructix. They used to be the Fearsome Foursome. You can remix them but they still suck. Destructix is a name play on the Chaotix, who were the original Loser Squadron straight from SoJ leftovers in 1996.

The Substitute FFs weren't a good idea the first time around.They are resigned to the Council because they are good for absolutely nothing. Then Geoff lead some other crap ensemble of crappy guys when they found Queen Alicia.

Why would another completely random team of rejects be better now? Because they are lead by an owl and a prince?

Edited by Badnikz

....A pair of new Freedom Fighters show up, but somehow they're not Team Freedom? Please explain.

It's laughable how people are writing these characters off as crappy despite most of them having minor inoffensive roles in addition to having not a damn clue as to how they will be in this new Universe Arc.

Minor characters become relevant and interesting because they are given larger roles, simply writing them off BEACAUSE they are minor characters is such a backwards way of thinking and doesnt promote character growth and development at all.

Edited by The Grossenator
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's laughable how people are writing these characters off as crappy despite most of them having minor inoffensive roles in addition to having not a damn clue as to how they will be in this new Universe Arc.

Minor characters become relevant and interesting because they are given larger roles, simply writing them off BEACAUSE they are minor characters is such a backwards way of thinking and doesnt promote character growth and development at all.

I don't really have anything against (except Larry Lynx) the characters, I just think teams of random guys are always bad. They even have that one recognizable character anchoring the team to something you actually care about.

It's like Knuckles' Chaotix! Only with Silver. I'm willing to admit that I'm hating, and maybe for no reason. I just don't see why these characters specifically require an arc at all. I guess it's just how SU is.

Edited by Badnikz

Because your treating them as "new" characters that Archie pulled out of their butt. Instead there characters that have already been established long ago that should get some storytelling but no ones giving them a chance to.

Edited by goku262002

Like the Destructix. They used to be the Fearsome Foursome. You can remix them but they still suck.

Really? I think that Ian has done a great job developing the Destructix into more interesting characters.

Larry Lynx, not Lightning Lynx. Also the other two were Leeta and Lyco, and the Metal Sonic is the first one that was in the comic that died in a volcano.

Didn't Ian say it's Jules?

Didn't Ian say it's Jules?

He pretty much said the exact opposite. It's why people on BK are getting annoyed with some members who insist that it is Jules.

Based on reactions from everywhere else, its amazing how this is what unites the fanbase; the fact that Issue 239's cover is crap.

Its not crap, just lazy retracing by a famous comic artist. We haven't even got the annual Sanford Greene cover yet, and need I remind you the guy really can't draw Sonic.

Edited by goku262002

Someone received SSSM#3 today. For those that are unaware, this is the issue with the Sonic 4: Episode 2 tie-in. As such, people with subscriptions may have access to new info on the game (or maybe not, I dunno how SEGA/Archie have gone about this).

Someone received SSSM#3 today. For those that are unaware, this is the issue with the Sonic 4: Episode 2 tie-in. As such, people with subscriptions may have access to new info on the game (or maybe not, I dunno how SEGA/Archie have gone about this).

• Thumbs Up 9

And it turns out that it doesn't even cover anything from episode 2. Huh, disappointing.

Also official word on the FFs in the issue though; "Silver, Harvey Who, Elias, Larry, Leeta, Lyco, and Metal Sonic 2.5--who is now going by the name Shard."

There's a comic-continuity profile about Miracle Planet, and a timeline on the relationship between the Overlanders and Mobotropolis up to Julian's coup.

Not all that surprised that the Episode 2 Tie-In story told us very little. Sinse Ian started his tenure, NONE of the Tie-Ins really told us anything. Just glorified ads, to be perfectly honest dry.png

Its not crap, just lazy retracing by a famous comic artist. We haven't even got the annual Sanford Greene cover yet, and need I remind you the guy really can't draw Sonic.

So that's the guy resposible for those odd covers! Admittably, only the #154 cover was truly horrible. Rest were just "meh" (kinda liked the one for #155, actually).

Edited by The Real Darth Sonikku

So, "Shard" huh? This should be interesting to see how Ian brings Metal Sonic back from the dead.

So, "Shard" huh? This should be interesting to see how Ian brings Metal Sonic back from the dead.

By taking advantage of the whole "he's a robot' loophole. As long as a robot isn't completely incinerated in a comic, he can be brought back by the power of technobabble and Comic Book SCIENCE! In comics, nothing is ever rendered unrepairable, especially robots... unless the Rule of Drama demands it. Even that only lasts until the next writer decides to reverse that

From Retro:

The guys from Segabits' Sonic Talk podcast have announced Ian's going to be their guest on this week's show. They've started a thread on Bumbleking for questions to ask him. If anyone has something they want to know, post it in the thread by Thursday morning:

http://bumbleking.co....php?f=4&t=5690

Well, whatareyouwaitingfor?! go on post!

Edited by goku262002