Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

His decision to "make Rotor gay" didn't even effect anything in the comic, so I'm not sure how that's just as bad as anything else Penders was responsible for, such as all the Echidna stuff and the "romance"/soap opera-ish drama. There was never any real evidence of it and even if it had been 100% canon, I'm not sure how that would have been an inherently bad concept (although, Penders would have handled it horribly, but that goes without saying).

Wait...Rotor gay?!

25 Years Later had Rotor living (or maybe just working) with an Echidna Legionnaire named Cobar. They were both scientists, and that was his gay partner. But it was never stated explicitly. Ian didn't continue the plans.

Because Eggman is awesome in general regardless of the medium he is in?

When it comes down to it, Eggman is the only character in the entirety of the Sonic Canon who has remained almost consistently awesome in terms of characterization and personality. Every other character, even Sonic has generally gone through a rollercoaster at some point in their career; only Eggman has remained relatively consistent in his ratings.

Read Bollers and Penders and come back to say this with a straight face. Or Pre-Unleashed Eggman.

Pre-Unleashed Eggman was still consistent with his flamboyancy and characterization (for the most part - however there are some small inconsistencies like the missile launch in Sonic Adventure ) and this is me saying this with a straight face. Bollers and Penders, however are another issue altogether when it comes to Eggman because on one hand you have a guy that didn't give a shit about Robotnik, and then you had Bollers.

Read Bollers and Penders and come back to say this with a straight face. Or Pre-Unleashed Eggman.

Well, I've only read some of the more recent comics, and then became uninterested rather quickly, so I don't have any idea what the Eggman was like during the Boller/Pender era.

Mina's behavior in previous stories was not consistent with previous previous stories. Ian's just quickly resolving an overall bad decision.

My intention with this story was for Mina to apologize for the pain that befell Nicole, but not her desire for reform. That she could separate the bigger picture from the personal issue.

Now, the folks who took the concert as "OMG MINA SO MEAN" will probably take the apology as admission of guilt, but I hope they come to the same conclusion as the people who understood the story so far: Mina is a good, caring person and we should like her.

Well I'd say Ian failed on that part going on my own experience reading the last year of issues. Mina's behavior in #218-223 was just uncalled for and completely out of character and is still in my view Ian's biggest misstep since coming on to write.

I don't really blame Mina for doing what she did though. You have to consider that the ID had the whole kingdom by the balls, and used the city's greatest asset against it. The "people" who weren't hiding for their lives were either in prison eggs or being forcibly turned into half "human" cyborgs. Mina seemed to let her emotions get the best of her, and Naugus's shadowy fear mongering didn't help in the slightest.

Pre-Unleashed Eggman was still consistent with his flamboyancy and characterization (for the most part - however there are some small inconsistencies like the missile launch in Sonic Adventure ) and this is me saying this with a straight face. Bollers and Penders, however are another issue altogether when it comes to Eggman because on one hand you have a guy that didn't give a shit about Robotnik, and then you had Bollers.

I kind of meant Post-Adventure series too...

09.jpg

I'm sorry, but the second panel makes it look like Sonic's looking at their butts. I'm being serious. Also recognize those Overlander twins? I'm glad they finally bring them back. 168 issues!!!! They haven't been seen. Hmm..I guess, Mecha is going to be around a little longer then.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate how Steven's art is so inconsistent these days :/ It seems that he's having to adapt to a more SEGA/Yardley art style and he's struggling with it. I actually preferred his art when he was able to use his own style, at least then it was all consistent, I actually quite liked his old style.

09.jpg

I'm sorry, but the second panel makes it look like Sonic's looking at their butts. I'm being serious. Also recognize those Overlander twins? I'm glad they finally bring them back. 168 issues!!!! They haven't been seen. Hmm..I guess, Mecha is going to be around a little longer then.

What? You don't talk to butts too? Everyone does it. You're weird man.

Haha. But in all seriousness, what the heck? It's almost as strange as the Mega man comic where in one panel it looks like Dr. Light is looking up Rolls skirt.

34pdrtv.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

34pdrtv.jpg

"So that's how she goes to the bathroom..."- Dr Light, Deceased.

09.jpg

Why is Tails...so tall in the last panel?

Edited by Winston

Nicole is going to fix the metal sonic..... I'm calling this now. What else can she be doing? It makes SENSE.

Also recognize those Overlander twins? I'm glad they finally bring them back. 168 issues!!!! They haven't been seen. Hmm..

Edited by Yong
  • Thumbs Up 1

Amy is wearing her Adventure upgrade!! <3.

I hate how Steven's art is so inconsistent these days :/ It seems that he's having to adapt to a more SEGA/Yardley art style and he's struggling with it. I actually preferred his art when he was able to use his own style, at least then it was all consistent, I actually quite liked his old style.

I was talking about this in Trunks24's thread. Theres only 1 consistant standard now a days I guess SEGA made Archie crack down on the various styles and just made it the 1 universal style. I can understand this after the various incidents in the past.

Oh you mean like how EVERYONE lived their lives the last decade or so under Eggman's rule? Those few days where the Iron Dominion had control wasn't all that much different from how things were in the past, and yet Mina decides now that she wants to have PTSD and take it out on everyone else, having no grounds to blame others when she herself not only failed as a Freedom Fighter but was also brainwashed at one point as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman, in all his robot making glory, was never able to physically turn their homes against them. With Eggman, there was at least a place to sleep.

it was described as being "Eaten" by their own homes.

You gotta face it through, the ONLY ones who actually really know Nicole well enough are the Freedom Fighters, Chaotix, the Royal Family, and the Council, plus those who decided to befriend her. The citizens barely even noticed her till the whole Iron Dominion fiasco, kinda reminds me of the Justice league Episodes when the people began to distrust and fear the league after finding out it had a giant laser cannon that can wipe out a city.

Mina was in the right to to make the citizens aware, also telling them that they should defend themselves instead of running for the hills and relying on the freedom fighters all the time cause they won't always be around, this was demonstrated pretty well in the recent issue when the citizens of Furville aided Team Fighters$ Course as we all know, Naugus reared his ugly mug during Mina's concert, and her message that she was trying to convey in song got misunderstood and the citizens were as Naugus descibed "Baying for Blood!".

It would have been better to show us, with at least one scene, how the ordinary people were taking the Dominion crisis, instead of using Mina as a vehicle to make it the case, after the fact. This is one of Ian's problems.

It would have been better to show us, with at least one scene, how the ordinary people were taking the Dominion crisis, instead of using Mina as a vehicle to make it the case, after the fact. This is one of Ian's problems.

I'm pretty sure they did just that in one of the issues during the Iron Dominion arc when there were captured citizens such as Uncle Chuck, and later when Rotor was about to be undergoing the newly introduced Legionization process.

Granted, we didn't see a lot of how other people were taking it outside of the fight scenes and it was a quite weak, but they did give us something before using Mina as the voice of the people's thoughts on Nicole.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Eggman, in all his robot making glory, was never able to physically turn their homes against them. With Eggman, there was at least a place to sleep.

I'd fear Swat Bots breaking into my house and snatching me away just the same.

"So that's how she goes to the bathroom..."- Dr Light, Deceased.

Why is Tails...so tall in the last panel?

Well Tails is growing up in the comics :D

Well Tails is growing up in the comics biggrin.png

Not quite that much. The tallish size is more an issue with Butler's drawing than anything else. Look how big Amy looks compared to...uh, that little wolf kid.

...I'm sorry, I'm still not interested in this Wolf Pack/Felicidae conflict. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

How long do you think this Mecha Sally thing will go on for?

It's very interesting and as much as I love Sally Acorn. I think this is the best thing that's ever happened to her. Her character in the comics was becoming a little boring and I liked how it all happened immediatley after the Genesis arc to keep us interested.

Really loving what's going on.

• Thumbs Up 1