Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Because it was the area where the 'brain' to Eggman's operations was, and is made up of scrap metal?

If Sonic needs to ask that, then he's a little dense. :/

Because it was the area where the 'brain' to Eggman's operations was, and is made up of scrap metal?

Ah yeah but the factories look pretty mint. I think the scrap is turned into Badniks and machines.

It's one thing to reboot something to invite new readers who can then gain access to past issues and understand the story but if that country is not getting the main series why make references to stories the readers will know nothing about? And won't know about unless they somehow get a hand on the stories which they may not be able to read? (if they can't read English).

I agree. I wonder why they began with that saga...maybe it's some sort of test, so they can see if readers are interested enough so they can translate the rest..

So does that name translate to French?

They translated it as "zone de ferraille des cerveaux". And they kept Sonic wondering what sense that name do make :P

Don't recognize the name, what has Renea done lately?

I'm worried less about her recovering ('cause according to the husband, shes going to be fine, still wish her a speedy recovery though) and more worried about the state there going to be in after. medical bills can be a real sock to the stomach and they don't sound like there in good financial state. man I do hope they get some more cash coming their way soon...

Edited by goku262002

It's a shame to hear about her..

I thought I might as well bring this up here, compared to Archie comics, what's everyones opinion on Sonic the Comic?

I was going to make a thread, but there's no point. It's old news and it's not on going.

Personally it's alright, the game arcs are fantastic. But it falls apart with some really terrible art work and story telling in some issues.

Hogfather is a pretty big fan of all that. If he still visits this thread... He used to make like dissertations on the quality of Sonic the Comic. This is a UK board, so I'm sure there's many other old fans.

I'm waiting on Ray and Mighty it's about time they had one

Seconded. I think its been more than a year since he and Ray departed.. I'm dying to know what they've been up to. Hopefully it'll begin after the (sigh) second Silver arc ._.

The Genesis saga has been translated in French and the first of two books has been released this week. Yes, I'm surprised that they picked that saga first... anyway, I bought my copy today.

Here are a few scans.

59479881.jpg

Hello random cast...

48330091.jpg

93680395.jpg

16750068.jpg

40384337.jpg

The first two parts are in it and they added the first two pages of the third part as a preview. The second book will be released in November.

After reading it, I'll say that the translation is quite good. Antoine's accent has been replaced by a form of politeness especially towards Sally. I mean, instead of saying "tu" (the familiar version of "you"), he says "vous" (the polite version of "you", the one you use towards someone you don't know or someone higher than you, like a king or teacher.)

That's pretty cool. Seems weird they chose to cut it into two parts though, seeing as Archie themselves recently put out the full hardcover. I mean, it's not exactly a long story. It doesn't really feel like it warrants two separate books.

Does it have any extracts from 225 like the Archie hardcover does?

Seconded. I think its been more than a year since he and Ray departed.. I'm dying to know what they've been up to. Hopefully it'll begin after the (sigh) second Silver arc ._.

They appeard once in offpanel and that's it, and again a second time with Bunnie.

It's good to know they haven't been forgotten about I guess.

Seconded. I think its been more than a year since he and Ray departed.

More than two years, given that #237 just came out.

Just got SU #41 in the mail! As always, I'll be accepting PM requests for spoilers. :)

JESUS, IT'S LATE.

I know it's early, but...it's simultaneously late!

I don't know anymore!

That's pretty cool. Seems weird they chose to cut it into two parts though, seeing as Archie themselves recently put out the full hardcover. I mean, it's not exactly a long story. It doesn't really feel like it warrants two separate books.

Does it have any extracts from 225 like the Archie hardcover does?

Nothing from #225.

It's quite usual for french comics to come out as 44/48 pages books, it's the norm here, especially for kids books. So, two issues of StH fit perfectly in there :)

Just got SU #41 in the mail! As always, I'll be accepting PM requests for spoilers. :)

Out of 10 how is it?

I've been waiting for this for ages now!

Not specifically saying anything about the spoilers I've seen, but to me it was very...filler-ish. More like a way to expand on character than plot.

I see, I saw a filler arc coming I suppose.

I think I'm going to start the comics all over again. Some of the stories go over my head when I'm reading them. I'm reading the Knuckles Universe arc right now and they're saying stuff I've never heard about before.

Like Mighty had offended a dingoe for cheerily asking him why he didn't talk on the way to the possible location of where Finitevus may be. And said dingoe mentioned that he got "left behind" or something and he just doesn't like the war and he preffered his life style befor being "picked up"

Words in quotation marks are things I don't really get.

Yeah, it was kind of fillery and didn't really get too far into the main plot, but I'm liking the characterization and chemistry, especially Shard. He's such a cocky, sarcastic prick, that I can't help but love him. laugh.png

Not specifically saying anything about the spoilers I've seen, but to me it was very...filler-ish. More like a way to expand on character than plot.

Well thats good right? I mean, Everyone complains about not enough character expansion on Archie's characters to care for them, Now were getting some. :)

Oh oh I can't wait to see how much of a personality flip Original Metal Sonic Ver. 2.5 got. please tell me they do explain how he survived a fucking volcano without going with a "magic did it" excuse?

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well thats good right? I mean, Everyone complains about not enough character expansion on Archie's characters to care for them, Now were getting some. smile.png

Oh oh I can't wait to see how much of a personality flip Original Metal Sonic Ver. 2.5 got. please tell me they do explain how he survived a fucking volcano without going with a "magic did it" excuse?

No. So you have to wait. " THE NEXT TIME ON SONIC UNIVERSE....!" 20 bucks says Nicole fixes him tho. I'm calling that now.

Edited by Vicki Turner