Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Metals + Mecha Combine?! (Could Ian Flynn do this?)

I mean he likes to throw us curveballs, and do things we wouldn't expect (as far as he's concern, we wouldn't expect, know or guess), but could this be the one trick up his sleeve that he has yet to play, cause those before him never pulled something like this. So could it be? Do you agree?

BWrosas, I like to say, "welcome back" and could you please lower your font size?

Slightly off topic but I've meaning to ask...

Does anyone like the Mega man comic book?

Just reached issue 25 of the Sonic comic and I gotta say I liked fleetways take on it more.

Yeah, I read Sonic #25 in the recent Super Special, I found it way too short, lighthearted and comical for a story about Metal Sonic, who's supposed to be a badass, no-nonsense terminator-esque character.

Yeah, I read Sonic #25 in the recent Super Special, I found it way too short, lighthearted and comical for a story about Metal Sonic, who's supposed to be a badass, no-nonsense terminator-esque character.

In that issue Collision Chaos was a creation of Robotnik's not a location on the Little Planet. But Stardust Speedway looked very nice in that book. The comic revolved around the epic race boss fight, even with the Eggmobile giving chase. Sonic melting his opponent with the figure-eight was great you guys, you're being too hard. It was a good adaptation that stuck to the spirit if not the letter of the game. Everything is too different in the Archie world to have direct adaptations anyways. Come on Metal's puns were a little funny. By the way that Metal Sonic is Shard now.

(Yeah and about Shard... Is it technically right to say that non-roboticized parts are now subject to Ixis deroboticization? Technically someone like Shard could become Mobian? I dunno if it works like that but I wonder if Ian will play with this Pinocchio scenario he opened up to possibility.)

Edited by American Ristar

Can't say I'm a fan of the name they decided to go with (Shard?) but then this is the same comic that gave us "Zonic".

Meanwhile, now we must wait in suspense to find out if the worst spec ops team in the universe manages to avoid killing themselves during an unopposed recon mission. OK, so it's really just that one guy dragging them down. Sucks for him.

Edited by Phos

I really feel bad for Larry, after all he just wants to help but the fucking curse he has just puts everyone in danger or gets in the way. Hopefully Ian has more plans for him then just being the jynx and annoyance of the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if CC14 posted today or tomorrow, #238 is hitting subscribers now.

Edit: For curiosity's sake, why Sonic Underground elements won't be in the comic in the future (aside from Sonia and Manik being the names of some future spawn);

From my understanding, it's the same reason we can't touch Sonic X material: it's not considered part of the current image for the license. SatAM and AoStH seem to be grandfathered in through longevity, or perhaps they're viewed as comic material since the comic was first introduced as a promotional vehicle to run along with them?

Those are my educated guesses, but I really don't know for sure. Like Toby said, it's because they say so.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Yep, just got #238 in the mail! As usual, I'll be accepting PM requests for spoilers. :)

I NOTICED AN ERROR on the part Phos quoted!

Look at Silvers hand in the second panel, and compare it with the thumbs up in the 3rd panel.

I wouldn't be surprised if CC14 posted today or tomorrow, #238 is hitting subscribers now.

Edit: For curiosity's sake, why Sonic Underground elements won't be in the comic in the future (aside from Sonia and Manik being the names of some future spawn);

Wait, they can't touch Sonic X anymore? even after the fact they made a whole comic series about that universe? wtaf?!

Jesus SEGA, you really are controlling dicks.

Edited by goku262002

So yeah, Sonic 238 next week.

Wonder if Nicole will join in on Mina's Concert of Hope. And hopefully Lupe doesn't get Legionized.

I'd love to see some Macross Frontier costume change scene that'd be pretty cool. And Nicole could pull that off perfectly.

Wait, they can't touch Sonic X anymore? even after the fact they made a whole comic series about that universe? wtaf?!

Jesus SEGA, you really are controlling dicks.

The Sonic X thing has been known about for a good while now. The only character of note it really affects nowadays is Emerl, although Cream used to fall under that jurisdiction as well.

...Don't ask me why, I don't know in the slightest.

I NOTICED AN ERROR on the part Phos quoted!

Look at Silvers hand in the second panel, and compare it with the thumbs up in the 3rd panel.

Looks right to me.

The Sonic X thing has been known about for a good while now. The only character of note it really affects nowadays is Emerl, although Cream used to fall under that jurisdiction as well.

...Don't ask me why, I don't know in the slightest.

Huh? But Emerl is from the games..

I know, but that's what Ian said on my last check. I could check again for you...

Edit: I can confirm that it was correct as of August 2011. Given how long ago Sonic X was, that's not really an old confirmation...

Edited by VEDJ-F

Beats the heck out of me why Emerl is untouchable. SEGA is just a little too touchy with their characters.

Eggman Nega I can understand, cause Sega doesn't freaking know what to do with him.

Beats the heck out of me why Emerl is untouchable. SEGA is just a little too touchy with their characters.

Eggman Nega I can understand, cause Sega doesn't freaking know what to do with him.

That's probably the reason, they have no idea what to do with them, so they're not gonna let anybody else touch them.

Wait so how did they get the rights to use Cream? was it just SEGA loosening the leash or did they negotiate to get her in the comics?

Apparently Cream was on a timer so she became free to use when the Sonic X comic ended.

Knuckles_Archives_4.jpg

Knuckles Archives #4 (Spring 2013) - issues #16-#21 of Knuckles the Echidna

Looks awesome.

Archie loves releasing things so extremely slow. It's worse with the Archives, though.

Sonic_Archives_20.jpg

Sonic Archives #20 (Spring 2013) - issues #75-78 of Sonic the Hedgehog

Something seems a bit off about Eggman. Probably just because it's Modern Eggman in the classic art style. I like it, though. Sonic, though. Isn't that just Sonic CD artwork with green eyes?

Ss7.jpg

• Sonic Select Book 7 (March 5, 2013):
  • Princess Sally 1: The single story- "Deadliest of the Species" - Part One
  • Princess Sally 2: The single story- "Deadliest of the Species" - Part Two
  • Princess Sally 3: The single story- "Deadliest of the Species" - Part Three
  • Knuckles the Echidna 29: The single story- "My Special Friend" Guest Starring... Princess Sally
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 222: Both stories- "The World Can Wait" and "Second Impressions" - Part Two

Looks pretty cool. I like seeing the Archie characters in Uekawa's style.

Sonic_Saga_2.jpg

Sonic Saga 2: Order from Chaos (Spring 2013) - selections from issues #168-#172 of Sonic the Hedgehog

I stil don't know what these are supposed to be. Are they just random story collections or are they the Archives for the modern issues?

Edited by MarcelloF