Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So, Sonic Select 7's cover was changed.

SonicSelect7NewCover.jpg

OLD COVER:

SonicSelect7SmallAlt.jpg

Why such the unneccessary change? SEGA mandate or something? Did Ian comment on that?

I doubt it'd be a mandate. Sega's strict, but they're not THAT strict.

So...eh....I dunno. This completely baffles me.

Is Geoffrey really a big deal in those arcs?

Of course I ask that like there's even a snowball's chance in hell that Espio ever did anything important. Maybe they just thought it was a really bad rendition, but no idea why they wouldn't just redraw him. I mean, is Sega actually planning on pushing Espio? That's the only way the mandate angle would make sense.

Is Geoffrey really a big deal in those arcs?

Geoffrey's a main character in the Princess Sally miniseries, so, uh, yes he is.

I assume Espio is there for the "Second Impressions" story.

Edited by MarcelloF

I don't get all the fucking love for Hershey.

She was a character that never needed to exist in the first place.

She was created to frame Sonic in EndGame. Why couldn't Robotnik create a robot that looks like Sonic? In the past Robotnik has been able to create life like robots like Auto-Fiona.

Bad writing

So a character you don't care about, and them not using something else instead = bad writing. Logic?

I don't care much about Hershey myself, but calling it bad writing for using her in a plot is just plain ridiculous dude.

Too be honest I don't think we have seen the last of Hershey. With all the characters that have vanished I get a feeling her demise was just a ruse. But that's just me.

Edited by Bleeding-Fingertips

So a character you don't care about, and them not using something else instead = bad writing. Logic?

I think that you misunderstood what I said. I was just pointing out that the reason the character existed in the first place was to frame Sonic when a Sonic robot could have done the job just as well which in my opinion is bad writing.

but calling it bad writing for using her in a plot is just plain ridiculous dude.

The reason that she exist is bad writing. She's tricked into wearing a Sonic suit with a mask with eyepieces that caused the wearer to see Snively in place of anyone else. We never find out how Drago gets her to put on the Sonic outfit. She manages to get on top of the building that Sally's climbing up without looking at anyone. She then cuts the rope that Sally is hanging from, thinking that Snively was dangling from it.

Again if Robotnik wanted to frame Sonic a Sonic robot would have made a lot more sense then the silly way that Hershey framed Sonic.

What I THINK they were trying to go for is the emotional impact. If a robot did it, who cares? If your fellow Mobian was the one responsible, then that introduces a whole new layer of character development.

What you said makes sense but in that case they should have used a character that already existed instead of creating a new character. Edited by Vampfox

I think that you misunderstood what I said. I was just pointing out that the reason the character existed in the first place was to frame Sonic when a Sonic robot could have done the job just as well which in my opinion is bad writing.

That's not what bad writing is. Bad writing would be incoherence, plot holes, poor explainations, not using a character to do something that could have been done by something else.

The reason that she exist is bad writing. She's tricked into wearing a Sonic suit with a mask with eyepieces that caused the wearer to see Snively in place of anyone else. We never find out how Drago gets her to put on the Sonic outfit. She manages to get on top of the building that Sally's climbing up without looking at anyone. She then cuts the rope that Sally is hanging from, thinking that Snively was dangling from it.

Then the bad writing is the lack of explaining how she was tricked into wearing the Sonic suit, not the fact that she exists dude. You're stretching that way out of proportion cherry picking that one thing to criticize a whole character.

Again if Robotnik wanted to frame Sonic a Sonic robot would have made a lot more sense then the silly way that Hershey framed Sonic.

Or they could have shown how Drago convinced Hershey to put on the suit, or why Robotnik chose not to make a Sonic robot to do so. Just because they did something different doesn't make it bad writing.

What you said makes sense but in that case they should have used a character that already existed instead of creating a new character.

They should have?

I'm not one to pull this card all the time, but there's nothing dictating that they shouldn't have made a new character. Yeah, they could have used an already existing character, but creating a new one isn't bad by default.

I personally have no interest in this, but maybe some of you guys will;

614511797.jpg

... Oh my god... Two Evil Scientists might finally become a(n official) reality?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Read issue #41

406172_391503947579940_1042524410_n.jpg

TBH Ixis's face is pretty creepy...

Edited by DaGamer14

Holy shit, I wonder how that Sonic/Megaman cross-over is going to go down.

The possibilities....not even a Megaman fan but this is gonna flipping ROCK

There will not be Melee.....but There Will Be Blue.

Edited by OneDoesNotSimplySuperJXJ

A no frills teaser. Image is explicit and if you recognize the characters you know exactly what's going down.

I love that and will love buying it.

Where was that image found though? The only cross-over I can find on their front page is Glee and Archie. :P

Sweet! can't wait. hopefully the story is good and hopefully its a 4 issue thing instead of being a one-off.

I personally have no interest in this, but maybe some of you guys will;

614511797.jpg

Where was that image found though? The only cross-over I can find on their front page is Glee and Archie. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sure it will be an inconsequential one off story thing.

90% says you're possibly right, but then again that 10% could come out of nowhere