Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm gonna be honest I'm actually one of THOSE fans who think that Fiona might return to being good.

I hope not. I think that Fiona's way more interesting as a villain.
  • Thumbs Up 5

I stopped taking that big long spiel seriously when he basically started saying "Yeah, Ian sucks, I am sooooooooooo much better". Yup you're such a better writer than Ian Flynn that you're writing the worlds longest running video game tie-in comic...oh wait...HE is.

• Thumbs Up 3

I officially have no clue what order anything is any more.

1221067_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #242

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Terry Austin & Various (CA) Tracy Yardley & Various

'Olympic Trials.' It's a special event issue in honor of the Summer 2012 Olympic games! Sonic and his friends are preparing for the ultimate contest of sportsmanship, but Dr. Eggman plots from the shadows to take more than the gold! All this plus an exciting bonus story featuring Sonic the Hedgehog, Team Fighters, and the prelude to a certain Rad Red return!"

1221068_ful.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #45

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jim Amash & Various (CA) Stephen Downer & Various

'Race for the Stars.' It's a special tie-in event as Sonic Universe showcases Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed! Racers from across the SEGA games have come together for the second annual All-Stars Gran Prix! But the nefarious Dr. Eggman has joined the roster and plans on not only conquering the race, but multiple worlds as well! It's the first game crossover event in Sonic Universe history - and it's only available in this special stand-alone issue!"

1221066_ful.jpg

SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE #5

"(W/A) Various (CA) Tracy Yardley & Various

The Sonic Super Special Magazine just got an extra dose of super! Because you demanded it, this special bonus issue of the first ever Sonic comic magazine in Archie history presents your favorite Sonic comic artwork as 24 pull-out pin-up posters! Also featuring tons of comics, news, features, never-before-seen artwork and a brand-new multicolor-foil enhanced cover by Sonic artist extraordinaire Tracy Yardley! Sonic super-fans will also be treated with part five of the Sonic Time Line, featuring more brand-new art from Tracy Yardley and Matt Herms!"

1221065_ful.jpg

SONIC SUPER DIGEST #1

"(CA) Tracy Yardley

"(W) Ian Flynn (A/CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

The adventure begins in this monumental first issue! For the first time in Sonic comic history, Sonic the Hedgehog's adventures are now available in the popular magazine digest format, the best Sonic value ever! Where Sonic Super Special Magazine leaves off, this quarterly digest collection picks up with even more classic adventure from the Sonic comic library! Packed with non-stop action, comedy and adventure this digest features tons of heroes and villains from the Sonic The Hedgehog games and cartoons! Perfect for fans new and old, Sonic Super Digest collects tons of comic stories, coloring pages, bonus content, and features an all-new cover by Sonic artist supreme Tracy Yardley!"

1221348_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES TP VOL 19

"(W) Ian Flynn (A/CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

Archie's bestselling Sonic Archives series is back! Signaling a momentous change for the Sonic the Hedgehog comics, Sonic the Hedgehog Archives 19 features flashbacks, time-twisting plots, and the dreaded return of Sonic's deadliest villain! And the changes don't stop there - even Sonic himself is transformed in this thrilling new volume that transitions classic Sonic the Hedgehog with the current look of the modern Sega Sonic games! Sonic Archives Volume 19 collects issues #71-74 of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book."

1221349_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG GENESIS TP Hardcover

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Patrick Spaz Spaziante & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

It's the most talked-about story in Sonic the Hedgehog comic book history! Featuring an all-new beginning to the Sonic mythology, this highly anticipated reboot finds Sonic the Hedgehog investigating the disappearance of many woodland creatures and the sudden appearance of an army of badniks with a mysterious leader. Sonic makes new friends along the way as he leads the charge against the evil Dr. 'Eggman' Robotnik! For new fans or die-hard Sonic devotees, Sonic: Genesis is the quintessential Sonic comic story!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, are they actually doing an Olympics tie in? LOL.

And a ASRT tie in for good measure, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Olympic Games tie-in doesn't really make much sense without Mario and his entourage....

Well, there is context for it. In one of the older issues Dr. Robotnik held the "Robolympic Games" and given Ian's hard on for continuity, this will probably be a revival of that.

(Also, Komodin, off topic but yes I am the same Conductor from IJBM, if that's why you were on my profile the other day :P)

• Thumbs Up 3

The Olympic Games tie-in doesn't really make much sense without Mario and his entourage....

Knuckles is coming back, this is the only thing I care about. If I can't have him in the games, I'll have him in the comics dammit.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just not an Olympic game without Waluigi, Wario and Robotnik stirring up shit together and Metal Sonic carrying their gym bags.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 2

According to the footnotes in SU#42, #239 and #240 take place before the whole SU arc.

...What.

According to the footnotes in SU#42, #239 and #240 take place before the whole SU arc.

...What.

... What the what, indeed. How does that make any sense?

There was a previous Universe arc that had the same problem. Think it was the Battlebird arc (the Zero Gravity one, not the Tails Adventure one),

An Olympic tie-in? And it seems to be the main story of the issue, while what sounds like something of the actually canon is a side one. That's stupid.

Wow this is....this is a lot to digest.

Firstly. An olympic tie in!? Seriously laaaaaaaaame.

If I didn't already have enough reminder of this stupid event hijacking all the TV programme slots, really didn't need even more of it in my Sonic.

I know the M&S games are just crappy little minigames so they don't really have to make sense, but hw are they possibly going to make this work in a comic? How will they really have Sonic in a foot race against non super speedy characters and not make the explaination sound stupid? Plus with the way Eggman has been recently; an actual threat and damn nefarious, when he swoops in and sabotages the events or steals the medal or something else all clique cartoon villainly -like I just won't be able to take the whole thing seriously at all.

Now SU. Well, well well now. I'd love to rub this in a certain persons face who said that a SaASR tie-in wouldn't be possible due to it having no story. Guess this proves that they can do it hey!

A Sonic Super Special poster edition? As long it contains mostly (preferably all) Spaz artwork, then yes please! Too bad my comic store doesn't get these in...

Is that Sonic 4 White Park zone on the cover??

Sonic.....Super Digest?

Ok seriously Archie!? I already spent almost $200 on just Sonic Archie comic stuff today, they're making another series?

And ending on a bit of a downer...... that Sonic Selects cover is way, way, way sub-par. Kinda boring if you ask me.

>The return of Rad Red.

>Knuckles isn't on the cover.

:/

"and the prelude to a certain Rad Red return!"

Aside from all that, Ian says they're "Another Time, Another Place" stories anyway, so they're non-canon to the comic.

>The return of Rad Red.

>Knuckles isn't on the cover.

:/

Sure he is!

Amy bludgeoned him over the head with her hammer, stole his medal and took his place next to Sonic on the podium. He's hanging out behind the winner's circle to cool off, that's all.

Now SU. Well, well well now. I'd love to rub this in a certain persons face who said that a SaASR tie-in wouldn't be possible due to it having no story. Guess this proves that they can do it hey!

Well let's see what that person said shall we?

Aside from Nights comic which they also made, it's doubtful they would have even made a comic crossover for all the others.

I see "doubtful," which expresses disbelief, but it doesn't say or mean that it's not possible.

How the fuck does All Stars Racing make any sense to make a comic crossover when there's not even a plot to it to begin with to actually make a coherent comic for it? All it would be is just them racing, and even if they did otherwise it would be just as ridiculous as you claim this crossover to be and with very little to back up how they would make a plot around them.

I don't see them saying that making a plot wouldn't be possible. They certainly didn't deny a plot, but they did say that there would be little to back up how they would make one since there wasn't originally a plot in the game for the comic to go off of.

Oh, and here's another thing they said:

I would expect something like All Stars Racing with nothing more than character's racing each other akin to Mario Kart to be nothing more than racing. If they don't, then it's a surprise to me.

I don't see them saying it's impossible here either or anywhere else in their post. They even make it clear they would be surprised if they didn't make what they expected them to.

If you're gonna make a sneaky potshot at somebody, use their actual words next time, will ya? wink.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Bloody hell, just how many series are Archie making? They're certainly whoring the series out making the most of the Sonic license. mellow.png

What exactly is going to be in the Super Digests, anyway?

Also, just reread Issue #238 and SU #41... how come in #238, Shard's eyes and the gem on his chest are green, yet in Sonic Universe, they're red? Is there a reason behind that, or is it just a mistake?

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ian has confirmed that #250 WILL have the crossover (Sonic and Megaman, not All Stars Racing) in part. It's not known if the crossover will start then or would have started some issues earlier. Either way, looks like the current arc is wrapping up pretty soon.

Ian has confirmed that #250 WILL have the crossover (Sonic and Megaman, not All Stars Racing) in part. It's not known if the crossover will start then or would have started some issues earlier. Either way, looks like the current arc is wrapping up pretty soon.

Well, that sucks. I don't like them using a crossover in such a big issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm gonna guess that the crossover is gonna tie in with Sonic and the Freedom Fighters finally emerging triumphant over Eggman again. They might have needed Megaman's help I guess.