Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Welp, the spoilers are coming out at Bumbleking.

Valdez appears again briefly in a flashback. And it has just occured to me that a dead lizard has had more panel time under Ian's pen than Dulcy.

Where are the SatAM fans with her?

Edited by VEDJ-F

*snip*

They're either that or EXTREME ANGRY FAEC!

EDIT: Also, the current arc is not even CLOSE to One More Day. OMD sucked terribly, meanwhile, this is a perfectly average story, not bad, not great.

Edited by NoahTH

And to spoil everything, the Sega All-Stars is just a one-off issue. The next proper arc is a Chaotix arc.

WOAH WOAH WOAH

THIS IS A THING?!

IS NIGHTS IN IT?!

@Vampfox

That issue fucking sucked.

Ultra Sonic? Really?

Edited by Billionaire Playboy Wario

I would assume so, yeah.

HOLY SHIT

COMIC STORE TOMORROW

NIGHTS HNNNNNNNG

Edit: Hope that he's written better than last time. -____-

Edited by Billionaire Playboy Wario

Erm...it won't be out for another two months yet, hold your horses!

Oh.

-cough- Well, then. I still need to go get the latest issues, though.

Valdez appears again briefly in a flashback. And it has just occured to me that a dead lizard has had more panel time under Ian's pen than Dulcy.

Where are the SatAM fans with her?

Dulcy has fans?

Sonic way back at this comic's conception isn't like Sonic now. I can't even begin to fathom this sudden bitchery over the first 20 issues. Like seriously? Why the hell does anybody care if the first 20 issues were silly in a series with well over 200 issues now?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 came out in 1992, right? Well the Archie Comic, and both cartoon series came out just a year later. And the premise has always been, Blue spikey thing vs fat evil scientist. How the fuck that automatically translates into dark drama story I fail to see. It's not like the writers had much to go on.

Edited by Dejablue

Well first of all: Calm down. Second, a user pointed out that he felt the series only became good after issue 130 (or something) and I was merely suggesting that in my opinion it became good at around issue 20. That is all.

Dulcy has fans?

Well, I like her, but I'm more of a fan of Valdez so I don't really care.

What's irking me though is that it really sort of shows how choosy some of the SatAM fans/Archie denouncers can be with their desires. Sally turned into a Robian? Huge outcry. Bunnie deroboticised and made to go on her own journey? Fairly large hoo-hah. Antoine comatose due to a heroic manoeuvre? Kinda shock, and some talk of Ian wanting to kill the SatAM cast. Rotor out of action due to back problems? A little amount of fuss kicked up. Dulcy plain not appearing? I think I'm the first one to point it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I like her, but I'm more of a fan of Valdez so I don't really care.

What's irking me though is that it really sort of shows how choosy some of the SatAM fans/Archie denouncers can be with their desires. Sally turned into a Robian? Huge outcry. Bunnie deroboticised and made to go on her own journey? Fairly large hoo-hah. Antoine comatose due to a heroic manoeuvre? Kinda shock, and some talk of Ian wanting to kill the SatAM cast. Rotor out of action due to back problems? A little amount of fuss kicked up. Dulcy plain not appearing? I think I'm the first one to point it out.

I find it sort of funny at least in my mind. That it seems the more realistic, permanent changes like Antoine possibly dying and Rotor's back injury not really causing that much upset. But things that are so outrageous that they just have to go back to status quo eventually, Bunnie getting her robot parts back, and Sally being derobotized, is what really made people rage. Like people who seriously think that Sally's Robian state is permanent make me lol. Unless it happens to actually be permanent then jokes on me. Its just I highly doubt it. Same for Bunnie. She's going to revert back at some point don't you worry.

I also like Dulcy. If only because of Cree Summer. And I do miss her. Heck as if I could remember this Valdez character. I don't. But I do remember Dulcy had become the mate of some douche dragon and I don't even remember what became of that. But she's not been in the story for so long that any development she had has probably atrophied.

Edited by Dejablue

But I do remember Dulcy had become the mate of some douche dragon and I don't even remember what became of that.

G.U.N blew him up when they cornered him in a cave, and then Dulcy was made ambassador of Vesuvio. Even that was in #154-155, before Ian took over. She literally only made a one-panel silent cameo for each comic she appeared in during Bunnie's wedding and the Egg Grape bust-up (#174, 176 and 177).

@Vampfox

That issue fucking sucked.

Ultra Sonic? Really?

Yeah I think everyone knows that issue sucks.

Didn't Ian say something about not knowing how to write for Dulcy a long time ago?

Didn't Ian say something about not knowing how to write for Dulcy a long time ago?

He said that it was hard to find a place for Dulcy in the book, also there's a lot of other characters who are more important and Dulcy's at the bottom of the list.

Eh, I like Dulcy but I can respect that. At least he's honest about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I must admit, actually. I do think it's a bit out of order for Archie to not only have the Mega Man crossover take place within main issues of the comic (as opposed to being its own mini-series), but to have it actually have bearing on the continuity is a bit... wut.

I mean, I don't dislike Mega Man (which, oddly, I'm still much more used to calling Rockman), but I'm pretty much a non-fan. So having a big crossover spanning three comics is going to leave me somewhat in the dark (and somewhat disinterested).

This pretty much.

I think Ian is just assuming every Sonic fan is as much of a Megaman fan as well. Personally I think its a really stupid idea. Sure do the crossover if you feel you need to, but don't go dragging it into the main story and canon of the comic, have it in it's own contained miniseries. I mean even SEGA game adaptations don't even take place in the comic's main storyline; what the hell kind of right does a Megaman story crossover have to be in it?

Edited by The-Master-Board

This pretty much.

I think Ian is just assuming every Sonic fan is as much of a Megaman fan as well. Personally I think its a really stupid idea. Sure do the crossover if you feel you need to, but don't go dragging it into the main story and canon of the comic, have it in it's own contained miniseries. I mean even SEGA game adaptations don't even take place in the comic's main storyline; what the hell kind of right does a Megaman story crossover have to be in it?

To be honest I don't think the crossover is REALLY canon... Everyone remembers the issue after 225 right? I think the crossover will be in THAT canon. It's just a small guess...don't hurt me. And I'm getting that idea from one of lan's interviews as he mentioned it's kindof canon but not really.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just checking through the next couple months' worth of preorders; is Super Digest replacing Super Special, or will they both run concurrently?

Just the blurb for the Super Digest says "Picking up where the Super Specials left off" makes it seem like the latter is being dropped.

Just checking through the next couple months' worth of preorders; is Super Digest replacing Super Special, or will they both run concurrently?

Just the blurb for the Super Digest says "Picking up where the Super Specials left off" makes it seem like the latter is being dropped.

I don't know about the super digests, but I'm pretty sure the super specials aren't getting dropped. Someone in sonic grams asked that question some issues back. And I'm pretty sure the reply was that the super specials are making a return

I've no idea what most of that is about... and then I saw this number...

Issue 175? An issue which came out in May 2007? Some 5 years ago? Really? I thought I was pushing my argument a little with an example which was just over a year ago, but five years!? The next jump is to issue 200. Now whilst I don't own this issue I do seem to recall people talking about why people where cheering and praising Sally even though she didn't seem to do much of anything. However the biggest question I've got, in the 25 issues, the two years between 175 and 200... What happened which was so insignificat to make this gap so big?

Dude, I am sorry, but your comment doesn't make any sense at all too me. Whether certain characters got shine for 1 year or last Tuesday it doesn't matter. This Sonic Comic has a large roster of characters and the comic is only given out once a month, so some characters left out while others need to step Ian. The main Sega team had there focus in 175, Eggman's break down was the focus of 200 and now Sally is the focus. You can't stand the thought of Sally being focused on for a year, but you fail to realize is she is the protagonist love interest that right their is enough to be focused on. Sonic is the protagonist Sally is the love interest. In most forms of media particularly Super hero comics not only does the protagonist have to save the love interest he also has to save the world. And that's how I see the Sally getting spot light for a year. It was her turn. She is the hero's girl and just like Spiderman and mary Jane. It was just her time. And really during that 1 year thing you were talking about with Sally, she still didn't take up all of the spotlight, you still had Nicole, Mina, Geoffrey, Eggman and Ixis Nagus who got good development during that year you were talking about. If you some up all of Ian's writing Sally doesn't steal spotlight.

All the Sonic issues matter no matter how long ago they were especially since Ian has to find a way to incorporate all of the large number of characters in the comic.

Oh yeah, and the flashback Valdez is in? Set at a time when he's dead. He's not even supposed to be there.