Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It was Tracy, he's said that he made a mistake as the character wasn't in the script.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Well noting that we are on page 404 and I recently just started reading the Archie Comics so have mercy upon me when I ask this but is Archie Comics still making Sonic the Hedgehog ones? Like newer ones or did they stop? I myself am only on #45 lol so I'm not far so please don't spoil anything for me ^_^

Well noting that we are on page 404 and I recently just started reading the Archie Comics so have mercy upon me when I ask this but is Archie Comics still making Sonic the Hedgehog ones? Like newer ones or did they stop? I myself am only on #45 lol so I'm not far so please don't spoil anything for me happy.png

Oh yes they are still making new ones.

Just be aware, it become shitty at around 75 and doesn't get better till in the 160's (?) where Ian Flynn starts writing.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Oh yes they are still making new ones.

Just be aware, it become shitty at around 75 and doesn't get better till in the 160's (?) where Ian Flynn starts writing.

Oh god haha. One thing I noticed about the Comics around where I'm at in them is that they SUCK staying on topic at points and I feel like I miss a lot and leaves too many empty gaps. But it may just be me who knows. There was one point where Robotnik made sonic into Mecha-Sonic and Sally turned Knuckles into Mecha Knuckles and I had NO Clue what happen and was so confused how sonic was back to normal and in a jail cell, then realizing how the first page had a terrible way of explaining the fight and not making it more than one page unless if there is a special edition of that one fight...

Oh god haha. One thing I noticed about the Comics around where I'm at in them is that they SUCK staying on topic at points and I feel like I miss a lot and leaves too many empty gaps. But it may just be me who knows. There was one point where Robotnik made sonic into Mecha-Sonic and Sally turned Knuckles into Mecha Knuckles and I had NO Clue what happen and was so confused how sonic was back to normal and in a jail cell, then realizing how the first page had a terrible way of explaining the fight and not making it more than one page unless if there is a special edition of that one fight...

There was a special edition called "mecha madness" that goes in between those two issues.

MechaMadnessArchieCover.jpg

It was pretty good in my opinion.

You can't stand the thought of Sally being focused on for a year,

Does anyone else find it absolutely astonishing that in a comic which is entitled 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Sally was the main focus of that comic for an entire years worth of stories if this information is correct.

The spiderman defense: Right, which version of spiderman are we talking about? Marvel can do this as can DC with a lot of their characters because they have several different comics based on their heroes on the run at any one time. Often one shot storylines can be made and released as a seperate book/series if they're going to run on for a period of time which goes into months even if they do/do not impact on the main series.

Sonic however has one... two comics (even though Sonic Universe isn't supposed to) which share the same time line. They don't exactly have the same leeway like the big 2 do.

Furthermore, Sally being the main focus for a year, you said it yourself, the archie character roster is so large... so why the fuck was any one character given this focus for a years worth of storyline? Let alone one which isn't the title character?

• Thumbs Up 4

There was a special edition called "mecha madness" that goes in between those two issues.

MechaMadnessArchieCover.jpg

It was pretty good in my opinion.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! haha I was looking for this. Looks like I got another one to read!

I concur. They also began to realize they can make Chaos Emeralds really do about anything. I'm also rereadng some of the ones i missed.

it's weird how Archie can have up to a thousand Chaos Emeralds, and the SEGA world only has seven. Forgot where and how Archie began to limit them.

Then there's the Echidnas and their huge play. Neat stuff. These comics are like the ultimate fan fictions, a lot of times. Sometimes it's uneeded. Like justifying why Sonic had buckles on his shoes. Green eyes? Fine. But buckles?

It's all Ken Penders fault. He is terrible writer and a horny one at that-read issue 150.

I'm the last guy to jump on a bandwagon, but, yeah, Penders was like "ECHIDNA FAAAAAAAANFICTION!" and I was like "Ha, yeah, no."

Though weirdly enough, I keep hearing his run on the Knuckles comic spinoff was actually pretty competent.

Does anyone else find it absolutely astonishing that in a comic which is entitled 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Sally was the main focus of that comic for an entire years worth of stories if this information is correct.

The spiderman defense: Right, which version of spiderman are we talking about? Marvel can do this as can DC with a lot of their characters because they have several different comics based on their heroes on the run at any one time. Often one shot storylines can be made and released as a seperate book/series if they're going to run on for a period of time which goes into months even if they do/do not impact on the main series.

Sonic however has one... two comics (even though Sonic Universe isn't supposed to) which share the same time line. They don't exactly have the same leeway like the big 2 do.

Furthermore, Sally being the main focus for a year, you said it yourself, the archie character roster is so large... so why the fuck was any one character given this focus for a years worth of storyline? Let alone one which isn't the title character?

I noticed how you missed the point I was getting at by completely ignoring my conclusion which was, "And really during that 1 year thing you were talking about with Sally, she still didn't take up all of the spotlight, you still had Nicole, Mina, Geoffrey, Eggman and Ixis Nagus who got good development during that year you were talking about. If you some up all of Ian's writing Sally doesn't steal spotlight."

Though weirdly enough, I keep hearing his run on the Knuckles comic spinoff was actually pretty competent.

To each their own, I guess, but I found it unforgivably boring. It wasn't Knuckles doing Knuckles stuff, it was Knuckles's great-grandpappy (who is Knuckles with wrinkles and a wig) talking about how he met his wife in the Ancient Robot Palace on top of Mt. Echidnapolis Prime and how they battled the Ancient Great Ones of Destiny with their symbolic powers of magical Chaos Energy.

It was nonsense.

Even during the Knuckles comics, he started to suck. Ha, "Knuckles and his Roman statue legs." I can't believe I said that.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! haha I was looking for this. Looks like I got another one to read!

Happy to help ^^

I've got something else you should look at (Minor SU#43 spoilers)!

handsomenaugusedited1.jpg

Sweet, merciful Neptune! Someone gotta smash his face into the door again! Hurry, before it's too late!

• Thumbs Up 1

Even during the Knuckles comics, he started to suck. Ha, "Knuckles and his Roman statue legs." I can't believe I said that.

His...what?

Also, VEDJ-F, that is scary as hell. Additionally, what does VEDJ-F mean?

I've got something else you should look at (Minor SU#43 spoilers)!

handsomenaugusedited1.jpg

And now I must burn my eyes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic #242 related stuff;

details_sonic.jpg

It looks like McDonalds will run an Olympics promotion where one of the more minor prizes is Sonic #242 since its an Olympic tie-in. Wonder if this'll be the actual variation cover for that prize or if this is just a thing to tell the public about it.

Edited by VEDJ-F

details_sonic.jpg

Bwa-ha-ha-hahahahahahaha

I'd buy this variant (if it is gonna be a variant cover) just so I could point and laugh at the sheer audacity to market a comic like that.

dang. Now I'm hungry.

To each their own, I guess, but I found it unforgivably boring. It wasn't Knuckles doing Knuckles stuff, it was Knuckles's great-grandpappy (who is Knuckles with wrinkles and a wig) talking about how he met his wife in the Ancient Robot Palace on top of Mt. Echidnapolis Prime and how they battled the Ancient Great Ones of Destiny with their symbolic powers of magical Chaos Energy.

It was nonsense.

Don't forget this little gem...

tumblr_lzo2kn7Wuw1rnsvazo3_400.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic #242 related stuff;

details_sonic.jpg

It looks like McDonalds will run an Olympics promotion where one of the more minor prizes is Sonic #242 since its an Olympic tie-in. Wonder if this'll be the actual variation cover for that prize or if this is just a thing to tell the public about it.

You know what confuses me, besides the obvious fact that McDonalds spends a lot of money for promotions in the Olympics? That the Olympics, where we see people at the peak of physical prowess compete for honor and medals and all that stuff, and then we have McDonalds, a fast food franchise known for having burgers and other merchandise that have a part in various illnesses and obesity along side it.

Kinda off topic but how much more interesting does the Archie series get? Im only on chapter 55 and I find it interesting but it currently leaves a lot of characters out and makes you read all these special edition ones just to find out what happens....Please tell me these comics get better and such