Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So I'm guessing that Green eyes/jewel means hes on low power or supressing and red eyes/jewel means hes at full power. interesting.

So I'm guessing that Green eyes/jewel means hes on low power or supressing and red eyes/jewel means hes at full power. interesting.

I have a suspicion that it means someone was watching invader zim.

• Thumbs Up 1

@ BWrosas : Oh, poor haters. People don't care about them. Why did you post that link anyway ?

Edited by Adamis Fox
  • Thumbs Up 1

One fan counters Ian flynn in their latest blog entry, you all may find intresting to read :

http://iyzeekiil.dev...orant-321118178

Journals like these are exactly the reason as to why I am entertaining the notion of retracting my Anti-Archie Sonic membership on DA. I joined that group to intelligently put across my distaste for questionable aspects of Archie Sonic, not to diss and express irrational dislike and outright hatred towards Archie and/or it's writers. And I don't like being tarred by the same brush as those who have the latter kind of attitude.

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh, poor haters. People don't care about them. Why did you post that link anyway ?

To...try and stir up dissent I guess. Doesn't really work on a forum with no real inclination towards the comics.

These guys all need to do some serious growing up. It's a comic book for little kids for goodness sake. I mean don't get me wrong I both read and enjoy it, and they should feel free to read it/not read it, but don't go on these massive crusades over it. If you don't like the comic book that's made for LITTLE KIDS then don't read the comic book that is made for LITTLE KIDS.

Pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still dont understand the massive hate boner some people have for Flynn.

Me neither, mon. He's the reason why I care about the comics again...

Well, before Ian came along, there was a huge focus on the SatAM/Archie cast in particular (no matter what the Sega forums may say, Ian has vastly improved the game character representation), and pretty much a solid status quo which dictated that certain characters could only be defined by certain roles and certain other characters, which some fans really liked. I suppose they're just feeling the burn since Ian's shooting that to pieces with the writer's equivalent of an automatic machine gun.

No its Super Tails, it just takes a whole ass-load of chaos energy to have him go super unlike Sonic and the rest.

And your not going to like Universe with that attitude.

Universe? I'm talking about Archie? I'm still early in the series and no the comic states that Tails goes Hyper and has those birdy things floating by him and sonic goes Hyper as well, this happens when they absorbed the rings to fight Ixis? When they first meet Nate

To be fair, the comments are basically calling him out on how stupid they're being so there is some hope for this fandom.

Truth is though, I think it's the constant waiting and as some have said "padding" and filler in the arc, that they just want to get it over with, In fact one fan over there put it like this "ok Ian, we get it you're edgy...etc", all because they want this part of this arc over and done with. That is why you see some people saying these things and me reading those people's rants off over at the YT. Also they fill he hasn't had Eggman do anything really game changing wtih Sally in her mecha form to be a real threat, just the same conclusion as pervious issues. That too is why these rants contunie to show up not just over there, but at other Sonic related sites/groups at times.

Edited by bwrosas

It's sorta a no win for Ian.

He tries to change things up, he gets sarcastic comments from disgruntled fans thats he being to edgy. He tries to write regular stories with straightforward plots, he gets filler complaints thrown his way. Gotta feel for the guy.

• Thumbs Up 4

May someone please fill me in on these authors and what issues they wrote up to? I'm really confused hahah I'm only on issue #70 and would like to know the past and future authors if any (writers ,ect.) cuz honestly I have NO idea who you guys are all talking about.

Me neither, mon. He's the reason why I care about the comics again...

I used to hate the comics thanks to Penders and his fucked up crew. Ian was the one who turned me around and showed me that this comic was salvagable and could be good. God I don't care what anyone says about the guy, hope he stays on for a good, very long time.

May someone please fill me in on these authors and what issues they wrote up to? I'm really confused hahah I'm only on issue #70 and would like to know the past and future authors if any (writers ,ect.) cuz honestly I have NO idea who you guys are all talking about.

Can't tell you but were talking about the current writer, Ian Flynn. Maybe you should stay back abit until your caught up, at least until #183+ because what we are all talking about is from #200 on and since your only at #70 your going to be really confused.

Universe? I'm talking about Archie? I'm still early in the series and no the comic states that Tails goes Hyper and has those birdy things floating by him and sonic goes Hyper as well, this happens when they absorbed the rings to fight Ixis? When they first meet Nate

Sonic Universe, the sub-comic of the main one. but your still early into it, there were allot of mistakes made back then, one thing calling tails' super state hyper because in the games it took 7 hyper emeralds to turn him super.

And that other state your talking about is Ultra, but its rarely seen now.

I used to hate the comics thanks to Penders and his fucked up crew. Ian was the one who turned me around and showed me that this comic was salvagable and could be good. God I don't care what anyone says about the guy, hope he stays on for a good, very long time.

Can't tell you but were talking about the current writer, Ian Flynn. Maybe you should stay back abit until your caught up, at least until #183+ because what we are all talking about is from #200 on and since your only at #70 your going to be really confused.

Sonic Universe, the sub-comic of the main one. but your still early into it, there were allot of mistakes made back then, one thing calling tails' super state hyper because in the games it took 7 hyper emeralds to turn him super.

And that other state your talking about is Ultra, but its rarely seen now.

Thank you! :)

Also does Archie stop making random plot changes? Like where I'm at now whenever there is a scene at the end he skips all the details and gets into the action on the next comic....honestly I don't have the time or effort to read these "side comics" so does Archie Comics stop doing that at some point?

Sorry, i'm probably being very vague at the moment...

No, the Side comics do not go away. If fact you pretty much have to read some in order to know what certain event happened.

The current side story comic was "Sonic Genesis", a 20th anniversary comic that basically did a soft reboot to the origins of the comic without changing too much.

And Sonic Universe is a side story comic as well but it dwells on 4-issue arcs of a certain character.

Two updates on the Ken Penders case.

Update #1

Penders, Defense Team Ordered to Pay $13K in Sanctions to Archie

One Misstep Last Year Proves Costly

A magistrate judge for the US District Court in the Southern District of New York has ordered Ken Penders and/or his legal team to pay $13,082.25 in attorney’s fees and expenses to Archie Comics, TSSZ has learned from public records.

The award stems not from any ultimate decision made in Penders’s ongoing case with Archie Comics regarding his copyrights, but rather a missed deadline that Archie counsel picked up on. Penders’s defense team failed to file a portion of the case’s joint pretrial order on time. That violated a court order, and Archie’s attorneys sprung on it, asking the court to award damages.

“The basis that award was the fact that defendant and his counsel remained in extended and unexcused breach of their obligation to provide the entirety of their portion of the joint pre-trial order,” judge Michael Dolinger wrote in his decision.

While a significant award–especially for Penders, who had seen his financial status questioned in said report–it’s only a portion of what Archie demanded. More than $25,000 in attorneys’ fees and expenses were originally sought; that number was in effect cut in half. Archie also sought to classify certain documents from the filing as inadmissible due to their delayed filing; that was ultimately denied by the main judge overseeing the case.

Payment is expected by next Monday, August 20th.

TSSZ has also learned both sides have been ordered by the court to attempt settlement negotiations. A final pre-trial conference scheduled for September will now act as a status conference, with chances of holding the actual trial somewhat diminished again. That may not be great news for Penders despite escaping summary judgment last month; hopes his team can convince a jury he truly owns the rights to his creations are now pressed to the backburner for a bit. But such negotiations failed at first; we will see how successful they are this time around.

honestly I don't have the time or effort to read these "side comics"

I have never been ashamed of showing that I'm a Sonic fan in public. Then there was yesterday where I was reading the new Super Special. 25 years later. I felt so dirty to be reading it! At least when Flynn came in, the story actually was ok. Penders one? Disgusting.

Just got StH #240 in the mail! PM requests for spoilers will be accepted as usual. smile.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14