Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Does anyone think Ian Flynn is in a "Been there, Done that" or "Isn't this Cool" Rut

http://anti-archie-s...ng-is-331289061

This is one fan (in the spoilers) believes it to be so. and responeder says it makes past writers, including Penders look decent. But what's you're take on it. Agree or not? Me, I can't really say ethier way.

Oh my god I know they get get butthurt over a comic, I swear they think that Ian killed a baby or something. All they do is "OH MAH GAWD LOOK WHAT IAN DID TO MY PRESCIOUS SAWWY HE MUST DIEEEE" I like sally too but come one all they want is the comic to desolve back into the 90's kinda like what the classic fanbase wants with the games.

Wasn't that last one Ian's?

Yeah I'm pretty sure Ian did that issue, Yardley did the pencils.

Nope Ian's run starts at issue #16.

Hm, I didn't know the U.S.A. exist in Sonic's world. I mean, I know about Empire City and the United Federation from previous Sonic games, but still...

they replaced the "red star ring" emblem on the original art with the USA thing I believe.

So I got the Encyclopedia in the mail today. It's in a nice glossy paper, too. Still just paneling through it; it's pretty comprehensive, yet to the point. If you have seen some of those bios that have been released in some previous works (Free Comic Book Day 2011) then you'll know what it'll look like. There is some unearthed sketches and concept art from previous and current artists for the characters instead of just one unified style that makes it look a little inconsistent, but it's nice to see some of those unseen pieces. It's nice seeing just about every artist get some sort of recognition in there, too. J. Axer's Nic the Weasel redesign that Ian talked about some time ago and Tracy Yardley!'s Mercian Freedom Fighters pic that was seen on the blog are in there as well as a few other stuff.

There is an entry about Iblis, Solaris, and Mephiles.

Also there is a Nerb Freedom Fighter Group. LOLOLOLOL crazy.gif

Edited by Illuminous_Orb
  • Thumbs Up 2

You got the encyclopedia already?

Where did you order it from? Amazon is taking pre-orders that don't ship until the 30th.

I pre-ordered it on Archie's website. You can order it here: http://archiecomics....sohecocoen.html Although, you can get a special offer here for it: http://archiecomics....hecocoenpl.html Along with the promo code: renew :you can get a 10% discount on it. My subscription ran out and was randomly checking the site and came upon it. Kinda lucked out. Didn't think I would get it this early.

Also, previews are out on IGN. http://www.ign.com/a...og-encyclopedia

• Thumbs Up 1

I pre-ordered it on Archie's website. You can order it here: http://archiecomics....sohecocoen.html Although, you can get a special offer here for it: http://archiecomics....hecocoenpl.html Along with the promo code: renew :you can get a 10% discount on it. My subscription ran out and was randomly checking the site and came upon it. Kinda lucked out. Didn't think I would get it this early.

Also, previews are out on IGN. http://www.ign.com/a...og-encyclopedia

Please, I need to see the world map and the timeline.... PLEASE!!!

Jamal Peppers is the guy who drawn those huh? I see a great improvement, I mean, look how on model characters look there, body shapes, facial expressions, everything looks great.

Pretty good if you ask me.

Jamal Peppers' problem has never been being on-model, so I don't know what improvement you're talking about- if anything his problem is being too on-model, to the point things just get stiff.

I'm willing to take that, though.

Wow that amount of shits I don't give for that stupid olympic tie in is about the same as how I feel about the games of the same nature.

It's made even more repulsive by the blatant out of place "USA" plastered over it when Sonic is known not to take place in our world.

If I wasn't a collector and hate having gaps in my collection I would just avoid this crap like I did with Sonic X, actually there are similarities to that series I can see; shitty jokes and the stupid situations like olympic games rather than a real story. Very much like Sonic X where one entire episode was just a baseball game if I remember.

Looks like its gonna be a boring few months comic-wise.

I hope the encyclopedia comes out here soon. If the images I'm seeing on the net of the concept/redesign of Nic the weasel are the ones from the encyclopedia then I am impressed. Too bad I think she's a pretty redundant character.

Just got SU 45 in the mail and will now be accepting PM requests for spoilers. :)

I hope the encyclopedia comes out here soon. If the images I'm seeing on the net of the concept/redesign of Nic the weasel are the ones from the encyclopedia then I am impressed. Too bad I think she's a pretty redundant character.

Oy, Toby, I got the di--

According to the Encyclopedia, if I'm reading it right, it's seems she's gone the way of Tommy Turtle.

Thanks, both of you. She looks bit creepy... The face still looks too much like Fang's, imo. Wish they would've made it more feminine.

She wasn't always pink. Is that really the extent of what they consider a "redesign" ? Nack fell into a vat of pink dye. These guys need to take a lesson from the lady to makes Lackadaisy Cats. The entire cast is cats. Every cat looks different. At least try to think out of the box. Try!

She wasn't always pink. Is that really the extent of what they consider a "redesign" ? Nack fell into a vat of pink dye. These guys need to take a lesson from the lady to makes Lackadaisy Cats. The entire cast is cats. Every cat looks different. At least try to think out of the box. Try!

Its not like they built her up from scratch. They had to stay somewhat honest to the original design, which is basically a Nack with eyelashes.

Bernadette wen't from looking somewhat original, to Sonic in Drag, back to somewhat original. They can get away with cosmetic changes. But this I honestly cannot call a redesign.

Edited by Dejablue

Run-down of some little canon details that the encyclopedia provides (that are new);

-Anti-Knuckles is now Overseer O'Nux.

-The two previously unnamed Mercian FFs are Alan Quail and Munch the Rat (no thank you).

-Anti-Angel Island is now called Demon Island, changing from Sunken Island (which was named when it was still the Floating Island in Prime).

-Solaris exists, but his details were taken from the games.

-Nerb FFs exist, there's a lot of parallels with the Knothole FFs.

-Hershey may or may not have got just a sentence. We'd have to check further reports.

Edited by Wally Gator

Another nugget; Buns was kicked out of the Suppresion Squad when they found out she had NIDS.

...Kinda awkward?

Another nugget; Buns was kicked out of the Suppresion Squad when they found out she had NIDS.

...Kinda awkward?

We found that out in one of the main comics when Sonic and Amy went to her zone while the Surpression Squad was screwing things up.