Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wait so is this just 1 issue or an entire 4 issue arc? its gonna be really hard to wrap up this series in just 30 pages.

It's counted as SoA property despite its European origins. It does share continuity traits with AoStH and SatAM, after all.

Wait so is this just 1 issue or an entire 4 issue arc? its gonna be really hard to wrap up this series in just 30 pages.

Has to be one, because #51-54 is likely the Sonic/Megaman crossover.

Edited by Wally Gator

I wonder if this comic will make any mention to the crossover event with Sonic Prime way back in Sonic Super Special 10.

Wow. I guess the only proper reaction to this is "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOUOOUHHGHGGOAAAAAAAAAAAAA--?!" This is definitely a surprise. I was wondering what they were going to do for SU 50, but a Sonic Underground conclusion would be last on my list of guesses. Honestly, this is actually a really cool idea. When I first heard the name of the spin-off series was going to be "Sonic Universe," I thought we'd be seeing a lot more stories about different incarnations of the blue blur rather than just extra stories to enrich the normal Archie canon. It's nice to see that concept finally being put to work in the actual book. I can't wait to see what Ian has planned for this. This should serve as an awesome little appetizer before the StH/MM crossover hits. biggrin.png

Also, I think I know a certain aquamarine fellow who busts things that will be particularly excited by the idea of a new story with Sonia in it. wink.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Has to be one, because #51-54 is likely the Sonic/Megaman crossover.

Jeez fuck really?! like I said where the show ended and everything its going to be REALLY hard to end this entire show in just 30 pages, most likely it will all be just them reminiscing about what they did after the show and how they off-screened Fatfuck McButtnik, saved their mom, and are living happy ever after while still singing bad cheesy buttrock songs that try to teach you about crap.

Jeez Aquaslash has had a good year what with 2 of his favorite characters making reappearances in the Sonic media.

I can honestly say that I never would have seen this coming.

Eh, I could get behind seeing a legit manik and sonia for 1 issue. They would have to do something pretty drastic to overstay their welcome, so it should be enjoyable at the least.

Has anybody seen my shit? Cause I think I just completely lost it. Also this:

*awesome .gif*

Thats right, you go right ahead and dance man. you waited a really long time for this. biggrin.png

*post complaining about Ian doing "been there - done that" re-treads*

*Archie reveals a Sonic Underground Epilogue*

uhh.... yeah, I think that tells us all we need to know about bwrosas post.

the timing on all this is nothing short of delicious.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus
  • Thumbs Up 3

I was about to mention my idea that Shard and NICOLE will probably develop some sort of relationship to fill eachother's voids (never mind it kind of complements Sonic / Sally) in a way, but just saw the SU50 cover. Wow, just wow.

But hey, Ian did an excellent job of taking Penders' idea of a dark future and making it AWESOME. Just as Yardley made Enerjak awesome for the same arc.

So I'm sure this could actually be pretty cool. =]

Boy am I glad to see Sonic Archie comics that arn't set in 'Archie Sonic canon' I might actually read Archie Sonic again if they keep this up.

Edited by Mysterics

I was about to mention my idea that Shard and NICOLE will probably develop some sort of relationship to fill eachother's voids .

............mellow.png

All I saw was "fill each others voids" I don't want to be thinking of Nicole's void....or do i? Hmm

Anyways Sonic Underground hey? Well can't say I care for the series...like at all, but at least we get an awesome Spaz cover. Been getting reeeeal tired of the crappy ones we've had in the last few years.

And even though it's the crappest of the cartoons, it's not like the could really do a Satam one because the comic series is basically a continuation/imagination of Satam, and AoStH didn't really have an ongoing story or objective to its plot and kind of lives on through the occassional appearances by Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts.

Edited by The-Master-Board

I meant the fact NICOLE feels so alone and what few family and friends she has pretty much are too busy to spend time with her. Unlike Sally, who she was with practically all the time in some form or another.

Shard, meanwhile, clearly wants a family of his own... and while he could always try and reform his brothers (cue crazy plot idea ensuing) it would be more practical to try and become friends with NICOLE. Both being robotic, time and distance would be meaningless to them - all one would need is a quick comm uplink and bam, he can be talking about the weather with her while blasting baddies. :P

The best part here is both seem to have actual souls, rather than faux souls like Heavy and Bomb (I assume they have faux souls anyway, given how quickly Sonic murdered them).

Wow. Didn't see a Sonic Underground issue coming. Guess that's pretty cool. I expect two more one-shots in Universe soon then.

Boy am I glad to see Sonic Archie comics that arn't set in 'Archie Sonic canon' I might actually read Archie Sonic again if they keep this up.

Because the Sonic Underground universe is.........better?

I personally always disliked the OVA and Sonic X more than Underground. But I'm weird.

Anyway, back on topic: I'm eager to see how Ian will approach this. He has to make the most out of 30 pages... Will we have a quick run through of events? Will Robotnik already be toppled? Something else entirely?

I will say this. I'm not really looking forward to the MegaMan arc... having not played those games or checked out that strip, it just strikes me as a business maneuver to try and get folks interested in the other. :S

seriously psyched for this, been waiting so long for closure to the show, this will be a comic i will be getting!

Well, I see Aquaslash is defintely happy. Never thought they would actually attempt to finish a cartoon series after going so long with it being cut.

Yeah, because setting them in a cartoon with an entirely different canon is so much better.

Not trying to rain on Aquaslash's parade, because I never hated Underground. But having heard your thoughts in the Sonic Comic Reboot topic and seeing you celebrate them making a Sonic Underground comic, I'm starting to wonder if you're just spiteful towards the comics when one of you reasons for not liking the comics was about characters not looking like they belong in the same comic next to Sonic.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Wasn't expecting this, never cared for underground... but I barely liked sonic the hedgehog on abc... Underground sadly didn't have a chance with me. But least the comic will close it for fans so that's a win I can support.

I could have had an issue where El Gran Gordo and Rapido Azule cruise through the Cosmic Interstate handing out heaping helpings of justice to all lovers of evil, and instead we get SONIC UNDERGROUND?

Edited by Toby Barrett
  • Thumbs Up 6