Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I was at the NYCC panel this afternoon. I can confirm the report on the new design. Just think zipped up vest and black lycra capris that make your ass look bigger than it is. x_x

Don't care for the character much, but I figure I might as well confirm it - especially as both the editor and writer "begged" folks not to take pictures of it. It's only a matter of time before someone posts it.

So why the new design?

I sorta wish they I'd kill her off for good...

I really don't know. All I know is that one moment they're still talking about the Megaman x Sonic crossover then it suddenly flickers to her new design before they ask folks for no photography when they show it again.

And I concur. Granted she has her fanbase that is well enough to want this, but I rather they just either end her (in a dignified manner to quell her fans) or not have her be so prominently featured. And with that said, I'll just make my exit stage left...

I kinda hope she will have a complete overhaul in her character.

Like the whole roboticisation ordeal could possibly change her and it makes her a more.....likable character.

I would have bet on a Hyena too, but Ian didn't go for the easy yuks this time around.

There isn't a hyena in the strip either to my knowledge. I mean c'mon, it's been two decades and no hyena?

Diesel is the head of the Efrika chapter of the legion (I'm pretty sure he's either a bear or a badger... leaning towards Bear) and he seemed intent on leveling Mazuri, so it would make sense that it is somewhere in Efrika.

Oh how the small details often slip past me.

I don't know. personally I kinda like the "Conteniants sound sort of like Earth's" thing. Besides "Soumerica" and "Efrika" are miles better than "Downunda".

I understand they want to establish "Mobius is a future Earth" and such... but that the languages match up so very well is rather humorous. :P

Though when I remember that the comic is meant for younger audiences, I suppose I can't expect anything revolutionary. Naming the continents after Earth's makes them a -lot- easier to remember.

I sorta wish they I'd kill her off for good...

And I concur. Granted she has her fanbase that is well enough to want this, but I rather they just either end her (in a dignified manner to quell her fans) or not have her be so prominently featured. And with that said, I'll just make my exit stage left...

Oh the riots that would ensue over this.

The SatAM fanbase seems to remain strong, though some polls really should be taken to see what her fate should be.

In fact, they were originally going to off her during Endgame, but SEGA stepped in and stopped that because they wanted to use her for future plans.

Historically characters have been ordered by higher ups to be killed off, so who knows what could happen.

I remember on Bumbleking many readers said they'd drop the strip if she was killed off, so such an issue is very delicate.

The comics revolve around her so much, I'm just so tired of it.

They've been steadily reducing the role of the SatAM cast. Ant's in a coma, Bunnie's gonna go get legionised, Sally's roboticised, and Rotor was out of it for a while until this whole Team Fighters / Team Freedom gig.

On that note, love how Harvey Who is crossing out the traitors and only Sonic and Sally are left. If Ian can pull something impressive out of that I will be very amused. Either it turns out Sonic is the traitor, the obvious Sally is the traitor (as she did sell herself to Robotnik basically, if for heroic reasons), or it turns out NONE of them are the traitor.

Wait. Brainstorm. Sonic trades himself for Sally. Mecha Sonic nearly butchered the FF the last time he was in play.

Holy crap I think I've got it!

• Thumbs Up 1

So Sonic = Iblis Trigger without the Iblis?! K, sounds feasible.

I gotta say this whole Sally roboticisation saga has been interesting. probably one of the better arcs we have had in a good while, and I doubt Sal' is going to go 100% back to normal after this whole ordeal.

Tell me, did Sonic remember what he did while he was roboticised? if he did, then she will know what shes done when shes in this form and thats going to effect her greatly.

So, yes, as you might have seen, there's more in the encyclopedia about a snake's hat than about Hershey.

To be fair, it's not quite as absurd as it seems when you take it in context; basically, originally, it was made that Trey Scales betrayed the Original Freedom Fighters because he was a snake and "it was in his nature". The encyclopedia, on the other hand, notes the hat and theorises that he actually came from somewhere in the Southern Baronies, thus him betraying the OFFs was just a big final "Fuck you" to the Kingdom of Acorn.

Wouldn't really mind seeing Elise so long as her character isn't as ridiculous as it was in the games. They made characters like Omega and Silver a lot more likable in the comics than they were in the games, so I can give them a shot with Elise.

And honestly, I wish they kept Sally roboticized a lot longer before returning her to normal from what I'm hearing. She's been Eggman's main trump card and enforcer since she got roboticized and became a lot more interesting.

The comics revolve around her so much, I'm just so tired of it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I could have had an issue where El Gran Gordo and Rapido Azule cruise through the Cosmic Interstate handing out heaping helpings of justice to all lovers of evil, and instead we get SONIC UNDERGROUND?

Ew.

As much as I am apathetic to Sonic Underground, I would much rather it than anything random like that stuff from SonicX.

This is something I gotta know about the world map. Why isn't Adabat, Apotos, and Shamar on the World Map? And I wonder where the futuristic cities of the Riders games would be?

Better question would be who cares?

Well besides the Riders cities that is. Would be cool to know where they are as they seem to have technology way beyond what the cities in the Adventure series have. Makes you think they'd all be in one location.

I talked to Ian about this a year ago on the Bumbleking boards. I was under the impression that all of the UF was centralized roughly around Soumerca where Station Square was located, a country for all surviving humans to live. The discussion came up because of confusion over exactly where the GUN base was located and why it overlooks Soleanna. Ian said pretty much what this new timeline explains, that the human cities are not at all centralized, and any new human settlements can just be retconned into the hidden city initiative thing the humans planned out. This retcons Station Square from its old status as the only hidden city, and also if I remember correctly an accidental city. Wasn't it supposed to be founded by plane crash survivors?

So not only are they adding all these stupid faux pseudo countries with stupid names similar to our countries which is a lame idea, but they're retconning some pretty important things to the history?? Like humans having been almost a secret race contained solely under the mountain in Station Square?

Lame.

The more the comics stay away from making Mobius just a stupid rip-off of our world like in Unleashed the better. How about putting some locations to care about like the ones from the earlier games?

I was at the NYCC panel this afternoon. I can confirm the report on the new design. Just think zipped up vest and black lycra capris that make your ass look bigger than it is. x_x

Don't care for the character much, but I figure I might as well confirm it - especially as both the editor and writer "begged" folks not to take pictures of it. It's only a matter of time before someone posts it.

So basically they went through a whole bunch of story arcs and writing just to shut up the idiot parents who would complain about Sally's top being open as too "suggestive", so now iyt closed up due to roboticisation/de-roboticisation...?

I like RoboSally. Not as a permanent fixture but I wish she'd stay that way a little longer.

sooo her vest is zipped up and they gave her black pants? Why is it that I've seen fanart of exactly this? Well I guess since it isn't really a unique idea...

And I find myself agreeing with Master. The names on the world map are kinda stupid. Wish they'd gone for something more zingy and Sega-ish.

Heck I still cringe over that place called "furville" Lame names are so lame!

Edited by Dejablue

Better question would be who cares?

Aside from the person you quoted?

The people who happened to love the places in Unleashed. You know who they are. ;)

Is it me, or does the encyclopaedia make no reference to the fact that bird mobians are aliens? Even the timeline shows a bird mobian bowing to Mogul. When did the babylonians reach mobius?

So basically they went through a whole bunch of story arcs and writing just to shut up the idiot parents who would complain about Sally's top being open as too "suggestive", so now iyt closed up due to roboticisation/de-roboticisation...?

We've no indication ALL bird mobians are descendants from the Babylonians.

Edited by Wally Gator

Hmm, ok I can buy into that mobius already had bird mobians, but I'm darn sure

"Opens up Babylon Rising Comics"

Right. In the 33, the battle lord refers to the babylonians as his ancestors. They also claim to be descendants. In 36, Wave begins to say 'If these Babylonians settled on mobius, then that means...' which Sonic then states 'YOU guys are the alien losers!'. Wave then says it again at the end.

So, the babylon rogues are descendants of aliens, along with the battle birds. The robot claims he had his key removed a millennium ago, so it may be too far back for the timeline. So, Bean's an alien? Explains alot.

Edited by Dr Spudhead

The source for this said that they didn't say not to take pictures of it. I think he got confused on what I said though (I didn't say that it referred to all of the Archie stuff, just this), but he still took a picture.

9C6B29A7-C227-4870-8E5A-D70EF8BE08F2-6933-00000C4F8DC9D2F4.jpg

Edited by Wally Gator

Not sure what to think about the new Sally at the moment. Quality's kinda effy there from what I can make out of it.

Yeah, I can't say anything on the New Sally either yet till we get a clearer image, but I do dig the outfit design and her hair through.

Wonder if she get's Dual swords like her Mecha form has.

Ew.

As much as I am apathetic to Sonic Underground, I would much rather it than anything random like that stuff from SonicX.

Well, you have poor taste, so...

Aside from the person you quoted?

The people who happened to love the places in Unleashed. You know who they are. wink.png

I've been wishing for Unleashed locations in the comic since the game came out! I want Mogul's new base of operations to be in Spagonia!

• Thumbs Up 1