Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Upon seeing the redesign for Sally, I almost mistook it for a different character on account of one thing.

She's fully-clothed.tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm predicting some resentment from Sally being clothed. Anyone wanna place your bets?

In before Walmer's thirty minute video about how redesigning Sally is a horrible idea and why Ian hates humanity.

Edited by Toby Barrett
  • Thumbs Up 6

Geez, 30 mins of THAT?!

Honestly, I could do something more productive than that in that time.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

The source for this said that they didn't say not to take pictures of it. I think he got confused on what I said though (I didn't say that it referred to all of the Archie stuff, just this), but he still took a picture.

9C6B29A7-C227-4870-8E5A-D70EF8BE08F2-6933-00000C4F8DC9D2F4.jpg

I placed "begged" in quotations as they were joking about it. It's a panel announcing stuff for the upcoming year, and given that that fellow Tristan from TSSZ is usually in there typing/blogging away live the last few years (he got locked out this year lol), I thought it was an amusing point.

And stupid me for not reading your reply more carefully, but yes, it was referring just to that one picture. They only put the slide back long enough for people to take in the view by "begging" for no photography. Of course, it was flashes all around when it finally came back for that shot lol.

In before Walmer's thirty minute video about how redesigning Sally is a horrible idea and why Ian hates humanity.

Oh god. I already imagine it'll go something like, "B-b-but there was nothing wrong with her before! Her fully clothed takes away from the beauty of her natural form!"

Edited by KittyNakajima

Dicking around with a photo editor I got a general idea of what she looks like. its not a bad look I can get used to it. though why now of all things to make her fully clothed is beyond me, maybe a forced SEGA thing or something?

They probably just wanted to do it.

True. they can't touch the main game cast their modern designs are set in stone until SoJ gets another stick up their butts and changes them. and her look was pretty dated shes been wearing the same thing since her early SATAM days.

Still its just kind of weird but eh whatever.

I for one, think it looks like a massive improvement.

Yeah its about time that chipmunk stopped running around nude while the other female cast couldn't!

Its a good look for her. I'll get used to it quick.

Question, why doesn't Archie uutilize characters like Blaze and Shadow as much as Tails and Knuckles in story arcs?

Because they don't?

They haven't even been using Knuckles as much, so I don't see why you brought him up when he's also been put on a bus.

Shadow's unimportant.

We're reading the same comic, right? :huh:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Question, why doesn't Archie uutilize characters like Blaze and Shadow as much as Tails and Knuckles in story arcs?

Because he doesn't have to.

I think it would be better for us to say that they haven't made plans for him yet. It took them a long time (at least a year, I think) before they gave Knuckles some light in an upcoming issue, it'll probably be just as long before they give other characters some light as well.

http://i342.photobuc..._brightness.png

It's kinda difficult to tell what it looks like considering the quality of the picture, but with what little I could fiddle with it in mspaint I honestly think that it's a much needed improvement to her design. It definitely looks like Ben Bates did it too. Maybe now she won't be so boring to look at.

I'm getting major Sonic Riders vibes from the new Sally. Seems like she's ready to go in an Extreme Grand Prix.

Which is a very nice direction, regardless of her former outfit. It gives her more personality.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, she still looks like a yellow cat, but I do like the outfit.

20 fancharacters are now pissed off.

No, really though, I like that design much better than the original. I wonder, now that we have a more SEGASonic styled Sally Acorn, maybe she'll be appearing in the next Sonic game? :o

I'm terrible

• Thumbs Up 6

I resent the Sally change on the idea of giving Sally clothes because she was considered "indecent" And to everyone who really thought she was, they deserve to be slapped.

But I'll get used to it. That is such a blurry image but it doesn't look too bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not even really that she was indecent exactly.

She just didn't even look like a Sonic character and her design went against established trends for female characters in the Sonic universe.

• Thumbs Up 8