Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I just hope the change really came from "Well how can we make Sally better" and not "These people over here won't shut the hell up about naked Sally, please lets just placate them"

I just hope the change really came from "Well how can we make Sally better" and not "These people over here won't shut the hell up about naked Sally, please lets just placate them"

You keep harping on about this "Naked Sally" thing... really, who here actually dislikes Sally because of her relative nudity?

You keep harping on about this "Naked Sally" thing... really, who here actually dislikes Sally because of her relative nudity?

Is this the only Sonic forum on the internet?

How do people feel about general locations prominently shown in the comic? Do you think some of these places should be evolved a little more past thatched straw huts by now? Or perhaps I'm losing track of time in this comic.

>Was banned from Bumbleking on May 5, 2006

Dude, you seriously need to get laid.

He's too busy with his waifu Sally to do that.

Edited by The Burning Blaziken
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm going to go with the somewhat unusual stance that Sally being deroboticized is a bad idea because she's just going to go back to being a largely pointless tagalong that the comic has to pretend is actually important. It'd be kinda funny (but an absurd amount of work) to do a "Garfield without Garfield" kind of thing are remove Sally and any panels only about Sally from Ian Flynn's first issue through her being perforated at the start of the Genesis arc and see what's actually lost. This is the part of the comic I admittedly know the least about, but all I can think of is that stupid Monkey Kahn love triangle subplot (that they smothered in the crib anyway) and a bunch of panels of her giving orders to Sonic to do what he was already doing.

*looks at 'new' Sally*

Oh...dear god.

I can just imagine how the SatAM purists are going to react when they get wind of this. "Oh god, that's not Sally at all!!! Ian completely ruined her!!! Blahblahblahblahblah!!!!!1111"

And so forth.

I, on the other hand, really like this design.

She needs a super power. Are guns a super power?

The monkey khan love triangle felt forced to me. And the comic had just recovered from the whole Mina debacle. I wasn't really desiring more contrived relationship issues between Sonic and Sally.

I mean I don't have a problem with Khan having feelings for Sally but dammit it should not be a focus of conflict.

Edited by Dejablue

To be honest...................from what I've seen from the new design............I don't really like it. Call me a Sally fanboy (I don't even like Sally that much, she's decent but not great in my eyes) but I'm just not feeling it. If they wanted to cover up Sally, I would have preferred something more like the design someone made on here a while back.....I think it was in this topic? I don't know. Point is, I don't mind them covering up Sally but I'm not a fan of the way they are doing it.

Edited by Zero

here's part of my long text, that may explain part of the reason for the change :

For how this change came about for Sally, I read on one of these message boards, that some parents or a group of parents felt that her original season two design was to suggestive/risque to have in the comic. Now other fans may blame Sega and Archie for succumbing to peer pressure from members of the fan base about her original season two design. But I think we should hold that for judgment, because in this day and age of political correctness if you will, I wouldn't be too surprised if a group of parents and with all due respect some individual moms and dads, had a hand in this decision, but until we find out the exact detail and reasoning behind it, besides as some fans have put it the lame excuse of her being modified/weapoized as the reason for the new outfit, we may never know. But my guess, despite how the decision came about, again I think it's all part of Ian Flynn's plans to reintroduce her to the newer and younger generation/audience.

Ehhhhh... I'm just gonna say it, I'm not comfortable with that design. What was wrong with the more squat Sally that Bates was drawing most recently? She was proportioned like Sonic and friends. I guess I don't really know what I'm looking at. Is she a different shape? The glare is causing me to imagine that her head is much larger and her eyes have grown two sizes. Well whatever. As an old school reader I'd just like Sally to finally be interesting, whatever her design. Her only interesting plot to date for me was the damn Source of All screwing around in her head, that was like 10 years ago.

Soooo if Sally can get deroboticized without any noticable changes in bone structure or skin after being modified, rather getting new clothes instead, can't Sonic's dad get his head modified and then deroboticized safely? Who knows. He might even get a classy bandanna or a hat out of it. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't actually read an issue in months, but haven't we seen Naugus' crystal effect override those rules already?

With Bunnie yeah, but the crystal magic seems pretty much the same method done by a different means to accomplish the same thing. Comic logic.

Soooo if Sally can get deroboticized without any noticable changes in bone structure or skin after being modified, rather getting new clothes instead, can't Sonic's dad get his head modified and then deroboticized safely? Who knows. He might even get a classy bandanna or a hat out of it. :V

I guess if they ask Eggman politely.

Lol at the people who actually care about Sally's design. Guys, as long as she gets attention what does it matter about her design? In other words, as long as she is in the comics what's the point of complaining? I mean they didn't remove her or anything.

Edited by Mikkiz

How do you reintroduce a character who....was already there? To younger kids is Sally invisible? She's not bright enough so she registers as invisible to young kids lol. Actually I'm not even kidding. I guess some people actually believe children are that dumb. I mean look at 4kids. But anyway...

I seriously don't want any more romance subplots. Either Sonic gets with Sally or he doesn't. But Ian please don't make us readers dwell on this "will they or won't they" crap anymore. That's okay in tv shows but not in comic books!

Inuyasha....

Once Sally is restored I guess everything should go back to normal. I'm not really sure if Sally will have suffered any kind of mental scarring from her time as a robot. Maybe. Actually I hope so. It'd give her some character development.

Edited by Dejablue

Once Sally is restored I guess everything should go back to normal. I'm not really sure if Sally will have suffered any kind of mental scarring from her time as a robot. Maybe. Actually I hope so. It'd give her some character development.

They've been steadily reducing the role of the SatAM cast. Ant's in a coma, Bunnie's gonna go get legionised, Sally's roboticised, and Rotor was out of it for a while until this whole Team Fighters / Team Freedom gig.

On that note, love how Harvey Who is crossing out the traitors and only Sonic and Sally are left. If Ian can pull something impressive out of that I will be very amused. Either it turns out Sonic is the traitor, the obvious Sally is the traitor (as she did sell herself to Robotnik basically, if for heroic reasons), or it turns out NONE of them are the traitor.

Wait. Brainstorm. Sonic trades himself for Sally. Mecha Sonic nearly butchered the FF the last time he was in play.

Holy crap I think I've got it!

• Thumbs Up 1