Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Images found on Retro. Holy crud. I mean, Universe has Mighty on it!

I like that new image of Sally. The only thing I wish to be done away are the gloves. I know they're going for a more Sonic feel, but that one feature just seems off-putting. Maybe it has to do with seeing her without them for nearly 20 years, but they just come off as odd.

...oh well, maybe I'll get used to it at some point.

Well obviously that person, and all the other people with no taste tongue.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

The SatAM purists are sooooo blind. You take away Sonic 230, then what are you left with!!!? I'll tell you. Your left with Ken Penders, Mike Gallaghers, and Karl Bollers version of Sally. They showed her in a very, very selfish light. To this day the Sally haters bring it up. what is with these goofy sounding SatAM Purists? Saying stuff like, "Ian is too predictable!!", when the fact is Ian proved to be unpredictable in the past especially when you read the SatAM Purists post after 225. Bwrosas, laserx5, and other purists makes the claims that Ian is too predictable, yet they said stuff like, "Ian is trying to get rid of Sally!", or "Nicole sacrificed her self for Sally" and "Sally merged with Nicole." Since none of these things actually happened then how is he predictable?

The SatAM Purist fans completely lost it saying Mike Gallaghers Ken Penders work looks decent compared to Ian's. WHAT!!!?? Your saying Rouge making out with Knuckles dad is better than Ian's writing? Ken Penders bluntly putting Star Wars and X files in the comics and making Sonic a mac daddy is better than Ian's? What is wrong with you people? Ken Penders was the guy that said Ben Hurst sucked as a writer yet you say he is better than Ian? Have you forgotten that it is Ken Penders fault for getting the second attempt for Sonic Satam being un cancelled stopped?

And let's lot not forget most of the SatAM Purists fans said that said Ian is trying to get rid of Sally so Amy could step in, and yet since it is now revealed that Sally will becoming back, they don't address this at all?-Laser x 5 said this, and here is Sally now coming back. The SatAM purist are acting like cowards on this particular statement.

Eh, now that I see the redesign properly, I still don't like it and pretty much share the same opinion from my last post on the subject. Just..... doesn't seem like the right way to make her look like a SEGA character. It looks like Sally in a ski suit. Also, I think the eyes and facial structure makes her look too young.

Edited by Zero

Huh, Sally doesn't have a fuzzy muzzle anymore. Don't know why they would change that since Tails has a similar muzzle and so does Elias. It's obviously not a SEGA design thing since her muzzle is still open which defies SEGA design.

Still looking at the new hair and muzzle its clear now that it's inspired by her original look; the SatAM pilot/early comics pink Sally look.

Considering one of those persons reads Shakespear, particularly Hamlet, Julius Ceasar, and is starting on Othello, I don't think you're in a position to question or criticize that person in their tastes. Never mind the library of other media he's consumed.cool.png

And?

You act like you should be commended or something. It could mean that someone has taste or it just could mean that someone is pretentious and picks up and reads everything of notable literary reputation so that they can "impress" people with a list of things they have read. Alternatively they could've been forced to read it, say if they were in school and those particular books you had to read.

The better thing to state would be what they gained from reading them.

Personally I read Catcher in the Rye as I'd heard good things about it and it is apparently a highly commended piece of American literature. Hated it.

Just cause it has the stigma of being "tasteful" doesn't mean it is everyones cup of tea.

Anyways if you'd actually looked you might've seen that I was sarcastically parroting what Toby Barrett had said to me about having no taste for not liking SonicX's wrestling characters.

I understand perfectly that everyone has different tastes and mine just so happen to be finding anything Unleashed related distasteful.

We've been through this debate on realistic places throughout the Sonic series once before, let's not get into that again. It's antagonizing on your part, and derailing on everyone else's to reignite that once more.

Who was debating? I was stating why I think anything Unleashed should stay away from the comic as I can't understand their reasoning for needing to include all the Unleashed human areas in the Archie encyclopedia when in the series history humans are/were a rare thing contained only to Station Square mostly. Plus the fact that they haven't decided to include markers for any other zones or places that have featured in the comic.

Please don't act so high and mighty.

Sally's redesign? Eh. Looks pretty terrible. Hope those idiot parent complainers are happy now. I've seen much better fan designs or her trying to be more fitting as a SEGA Sonic character.

Now she just looks like Amy or something. Can't explain it....maybe its the leg things. They just seem to chop years off her age. Makes her seem like a little kid to me.

Watch Rouge go from a C-cup to a prepubescent teen or be excluded from the comic altogether now under this new shitty rule.

So I was trying to find new video from comic con on ASRT when I noticed this vid had what appeared to be Sonic Stadium screens in it, curiously I clicked. According to this person... we all hate this redesign?

Edit: Better remove the vid since I've now noticed it's from someone on here.

But I don't understand, I thought the responce here was quite positive about the design change? Even I like it. Just don't like the fact it won't obviously change the writing, bet she'll still be the 'I'm a perfect princess NOT A POLICEMAN!'

Hogfather, so far the response has been mixed, depending on the community.

Retro loves it, Plus4chan hates it, SEGA Forums don't care, Bumbleking is mixed with tendency to hate, SSMB is mixed with tendency to love.

• Thumbs Up 2

And?

And...I happen to have rather good tastes? Thank you very much.

You act like you should be commended or something.

What I'm saying is show a little bit of courtesy and learn about someone's "tastes" before you call someone's lack thereof.

Just cause it has the stigma of being "tasteful" doesn't mean it is everyones cup of tea.

Now that's just backpeddling. May not be someone's cup of tea, but most of the time that stigma of being "tasteful" didn't come without a unanimous degree literary praise for it.

Anyways if you'd actually looked you might've seen that I was sarcastically parroting what Toby Barrett had said to me about having no taste for not liking SonicX's wrestling characters.

Try quoting just him next time before dragging someone else into the fray about someone's tastes. I would have just left that part strictly between you and him had I not be quoted.

Who was debating? I was stating why I think anything Unleashed should stay away from the comic as I can't understand their reasoning for needing to include all the Unleashed human areas in the Archie encyclopedia when in the series history humans are/were a rare thing contained only to Station Square mostly. Plus the fact that they haven't decided to include markers for any other zones or places that have featured in the comic.

Which in the past, has winded up stirring up debates regarding Unleashed's real world influenced locations and the other locations from previous Sonic games, dude. You know what I'm talking about, whenever you would say that Unleashed's settings were crap for being based off our world you had people giving you examples of the same thing being done in games before it.

Never mind that places like Soleanna and Central City are also in the encyclopedia and comics respectively, and being other human cities beyond Station Square aside from whatever mentions of Unleashed locations in the comics like Mazuri. Besides, considering how Archie is a blend of both the gameverse and the SatAM verse, it stands to reason that there are going to be some elements from the games that will be incorporated or mentioned in the comics. It was that way when Station Square was the only human establishment at the time, it became that way when they brought characters like Shadow and Silver into the comics, and it's also that way how some adaptations from the games made it into the comics. Heck, Black Arms made a brief appearance while fighting the Xorda on the Bem homeworld, so I wouldn't think any less of it for Unleashed to get that same treatment whether it be the people, the locations, or the plot elements that end up being used in the comics.

Please don't act so high and mighty.

You're being antagonistic again, dude. It's one thing to criticize, but calling someone out for being "high and mighty" is breaching on patronizing.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's not the wrestling part I enjoy, sir. It's the humor. =p

Edited by Toby Barrett
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh what, you want drama?! I'll give you drama, via LOVE TRIANGLES! :P

It's not the wrestling part I enjoy, sir. It's the humor. =p

Bah, everyone knows Sonic is about romance drama, and angst.

I'm also really liking Sally's redesign. It gives her a more SegaSonicy appearance while also breathing some fresh life into her overall look. It's also just genuinely cute. I approve.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

As someone who doesn't like the comics and has never liked Sally's design, I must admit this is absolutely lovely. She's got gloves, she's more covered up in blue which makes her palette much brighter and she genuinely looks more like a Sonic character. Huge improvement right there. Now they just need to fix the rest of the cast.

• Thumbs Up 7

The rest of the cast is mostly fine nowadays - Antoine could use a couple tweaks but then again nowadays he hasn't got a face - except Julie-Su, likely.

After taking a longer look at the redesign...

I still love it. I admit, I was kind of hoping for a redesign for the character. I'm actually wondering if other Freedom Fighters will get new designs? Rotor and Antoine are the next least-fitting designs in the series, some gloves and shoes would help a lot. Then again, it's been forever since I picked up the latest issue.

Don't really have any issues.

Well if you don't have any issues, you should go out and buy the comics, then.

Get it? Issues?

• Thumbs Up 8

check out my two new vids on this subject on my YT channel (bwrosas) to hear more on it.

and the reason for the younger look, to reach the NEWER/YOUNGER GENERATION of fans that have just gotten into the games, thus also got into the comics.

I'm a casual reader of the Sonic Comics but I do love Sally's new design (as you can tell with my Avatar XD) looks great imo.