Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I will write reams of text to explain why this is wrong later.

Joy, I can't wait to disagree/not have much of an issue with the complaints you're probably gonna jolt down.

True, It could've been something Sally does down the line that turns him into what he is in Silver's timeline. Thing is what turned Silver's timeline into a wreck to begin with?

I think the traitor is responsible for the destruction of the FF's which in turn plunged Silver's world into chaos. Rather than anything specific the traitor will do or release upon the world.

If you remove Sonic and his pals from the equation, the future starts to look a lot bleaker.

Methinks if Archie successfully get rid of the dumb Penders Echidnas, Knuckles will hang out with team Sonic more.

No just because people may not like Penders Echidnas doesn't mean that they should be gotten rid of. Like it or not Penders Echidnas are part of Archie Sonic canon.

Also maybe Knuckles will get with Rouge

that would not suck at all.

No thanks. Edited by Vampfox

No just because people may not like Penders Echidnas doesn't mean that they should be gotten rid of. Like it or not Penders Echidnas are part of Archie Sonic canon.

Honestly, that still doesn't prevent them from killing off the echidna's if they choose to do so.

However, that still doesn't mean that they should get rid of them because others don't like them. In every topic regarding the game universe, you will no doubt hear people saying they should write the characters better rather than kill them off, even if you don't care for some of the characters. Why the fuck should that not extend to characters and groups in the Comic-verse?

I know that they way they've handled the characters in the comics aren't exactly the best, but why is it that they get the "Shitty Friends" treatment by people sick of hearing that slanderous label regarding characters in the games? I find that very hypocritical.

I don't much care about what happens to Sally but it would be nice for her to be restored.

So you haven't seen it, have you.

Meh, I don't really mind the delay for Underground. Metal Sonic vs Shard should be sweet. Wonder how Aqua Buster will take this?

EDIT: Anyone wanna bet that this Metal Sonic will get trashed by the end of this issue like the previous ones?

Edited by DarkLightDragon

What's this? Shard vs a new Metal Sonic?! Oooh! That sounds waaaaaaay better than Sonic Underground! :D

I can imagine the snappy comebacks already...

Yeah well I'm still remaining on the worried side until Ian or somebody says something about the delay. A generic press release isn't going to chill my nerves.

Damn SEGA and their meddling. I'm sure they are behind this delay of what would've been an awesome anniversary issue.

I know that everyone's gotten tired of this phrase by now, but this feels like it's a Sega mandate of sorts. I mean, the description says that it's a celebration of 20 years of the Sonic comic, but it seems more like a Sonic CD anniversary issue given what's said to happen in it. I'm guessing that Sega decided that they wanted to oomph up Metal Sonic as a sort of tribute, and were willing to push back the Underground ending to do it.

That said, Underground wouldn't have exactly been a fitting celebration of 20 years of the comic either, so by the by.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just got SU #47 in the mail! I'll now be accepting PM requests for spoilers!

Also, for fun, here's a minor spoiler:

Vector looks for a computer room in this issue. You can guess what he ends up saying three times.

Also, for fun, here's a minor spoiler:

Vector looks for a computer room in this issue. You can guess what he ends up saying three times.

Oh I gotta see that. blurry screenshot plex?

Edited by goku262002

Three times? For something he never said in the context of the game itself, that's overkill! Please tell me Munch shut him up.

Wellllllllllll....

1. Rumors have it that the SU story had been delayed to make it a full blown arc as opposed to a single story. I would actually be ok with this.
  2. Metal Knuckles is a damned badass, but I'm fully expecting him to die before the arc's out. Probably next issue even!
  3. Isn't the overlying issue with Pender's junk royalty money? It seems like his case actually didn't last long as there were tons of postponements for Archie to get their stuff together. Even if by some miraculous miracle, he was actually allowed to keep the characters (which he really shouldn't be able to because they are SEGA property), he'd have to change them beyond recognition anyway, as they are BLATANT Knuckles retools. Sounds to me like Archie got tired of him and gave him some hush money.

2746254-sonicuniv_50_super.jpeg

SONIC UNIVERSE #50

"Forged in Fire":

Celebrate 50 issues of Sonic Universe and 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog comics with this double-sized anniversary spectacular! Metal Sonic has been one of Dr. Eggman's deadliest creations. But what happens when the fastest robot around has to track down... itself? It’s a clash of metallic titans as Metal Sonic is sent to take down his original model – now known as the Secret Freedom Fighter Shard! All this plus a special bonus presentation of the very first race between Sonic and Metal Sonic! Featuring a brand-new, bone-chilling cover from Sonic artist supreme Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and special foil cover enhancements available EXCLUSIVELY for comic shops!

Edited by Son1ctrainer

Still, Metal actually looks imposing. Now if only he IS that in the actual games...

Sonic #248 variant cover

Sonic248_var-noscale.jpg

Image courtesy of Destructoid

Taken from Destruciod's preview of Mega Man #20. The new issue looks pretty interesting what with elements from Mega Man 3, Mega Man II for GameBoy and The Wily Wars

Edited by Frosty Storm

Even though they're the same images from when the crossover was announced, I'm still excited.

Never noticed it before but, nice little touch on Bass's chest plate with the "F" since Forte is his name in Japan.

Edited by DarkLightDragon