Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Only the latter two have been hinted at, as for the former..yeah I don't think saving the Wolf Tribe, and the entirety of Endangered Species has anything to do with Sally's restoration.

Weren't you just referring to Sally's restoration in the upcoming #247 when you said "about time"?

And really, they connect to one another in more ways than one here. Sally's roboticization (along with Antoine's coma and Bunnie's abscence) lead to the Freedom Fighters having to split up into two teams, one of those teams chasing the Death Egg to those places such as the Wolf Tribe's location, which is connected to Elias needing two other members for his black ops team, which is also connected to Elias' throne he's trying to get back from Nagus.

They have everything to do with each other, dude. 

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Cover preview for #247.

1246291_ful.jpg

All the characters except Sally look terrible, except I can't make out Silver too well to judge. Tails's hair is coming out of his eyebrow and Sonic's eyes look pretty terrible as they mould into his cheek, same with Amy with her copy-paste drawing structure as Sonic. Tails's head isn't doing so hot either as it gets narrower the closer it gets to his cheek.

What I'm saying is...the characters look incredibly flat and paper-like.

Oh well, Archie is notorious for its bad covers, like 'eye-jizz Sonic' some issues back.

Sonic's pose reminds me of those earlier covers where Sonic's pose is a render of his Heroes' poses (I think it was Heroes, right?)

Only this time, it's an edit from art from Shadow the Hedgehog.

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/5/5f/Shadowth_sonic.png

Consistent with game art, if anything else.

Edited by Crystal King

Oh well, Archie is notorious for its bad covers, like 'eye-jizz Sonic' some issues back.

108834_s0.jpg

69667519.jpg

tumblr_m7trawpfWr1qcgb6m.jpg\\

sonic-the-hedgehog-vol-3-201104210126578

I could go on, but I think I made my point.

• Thumbs Up 6

I only think Tails looks weird on #247. I actually really like Sonic on it.

Edited by MarcelloF

All the characters except Sally look terrible, except I can't make out Silver too well to judge. Tails's hair is coming out of his eyebrow and Sonic's eyes look pretty terrible as they mould into his cheek, same with Amy with her copy-paste drawing structure as Sonic. Tails's head isn't doing so hot either as it gets narrower the closer it gets to his cheek.

Yeah, and your attitude makes it out as if you did that just for the sake of ranting about the cover and mocking their other covers.

I think the characters on the #247 cover look terrible mostly, and Sonic looks the worst of all of them.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I think the characters on the #247 cover look terrible mostly, and Sonic looks the worst of all of them.

I'm still not seeing it.

But I don't think I would get on to you for it unless you added a "Archie is notorious for bad covers" like Mogtaki did.

I agree that #247's cover doesn't look great, but how can you say Archie is "known" for bad covers? Even the early ones had a kind of Naïve charm. (And yes, Naïve is an art style).

I'm personally giving the new artist some slack some some slack, it's his first professional cover after all. And things get better with practice. It's cool he finally got to work for them.

Edited by Agent Jack

I think some of Archie's recent covers have been eh considering a little while back they did a lot of covers in the style of Sonic Team's art which I really liked.

Nowadays some of the covers just feel like exerts from the comics, nothing special.

(Of course there are still lots of good covers too, I loved the Genesis covers)

I'm still not seeing it.

But I don't think I would get on to you for it unless you added a "Archie is notorious for bad covers" like Mogtaki did.

Did I say it was a bad thing being known for terrible covers? Most of the time they're a great laugh.

Did I say it was a bad thing being known for terrible covers? Most of the time they're a great laugh.

If you're just gonna make it a point to bash their covers, then it's practically the same thing as saying it's a bad thing. So you might as well have said so.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, Archie's Sonic is still one of - if not the - most successful all ages comic, so I'm guessing your in the minority.

Edited by JD!

Well, Archie's Sonic is still one of - if not the - most successful all ages comic, so I'm guessing your in the minority.

The success of the comic doesn't exactly correlate to the quality of the covers...not saying anything for or against them, but they're likely the least important factor to the comic's longevity.

Edited by VEDJ-F

What ARE you talking about? Minority of what?

Like VEDJ said, covers don't equal success, so I don't even know what on earth you're talking about. Minority of...what? Archie readers? I read Archie online, it's the only way I can in my country since it's not sold in the UK.

Success didn't mean anything when it was selling covers that were copy-pasta official art. Those covers were rather uninspiring but a start from when they changed writers.

Meaning I'm glad they're finally starting to getting around to finishing up said plotline.

Then what was the point in you mentioning how it had nothing to do with the Wolf Tribe or the Endangered Species plots when I answered your question you directed towards TheScroogenator?

I'm talking about, what have the heroes done to prepare for restoring Sally? Did they plan ahead? Are the resources they have enough for it to be accomplished? The last ten issues should have dropped hints, show how the heroes are preparing to rescue their friend, and what needs to be done in order for it get done. Not only has Sally kind of dropped off radar after Ant went into a coma, there have been no hints or foreshadowing showing that the heroes have found any means to restoring her. 

But there is more going on that just Sally being on the enemy team dude. You know that. Elias has his black ops team trying to work underground in fighting Nagus where Teams Freedom and Fighters can't do so legally and out in the open. Eggman is terrorizing the world with his Death Egg and Sonic's crew are keeping pressure on him to the point it's going into Knux territory in Albion. Nagus just took control over Geoffrey's body in trying to cure his mutations while preparing his spell to take full control of the city. And Nicole is finally going to get permission to return to New Mobotropolis. That's a lot that's being juggled around in 10 issues, and this is before getting into the upcoming Worlds Collide arc with the Megaman franchise.

And do you not recall that during the time when Sally first became roboticized that they already forshadowed a way to restore Sally from her roboticization? Unless you've forgotten when Bunnie got her natural limbs restored from her cybernetics she had for so long. 

What ARE you talking about? Minority of what?

Like VEDJ said, covers don't equal success, so I don't even know what on earth you're talking about. Minority of...what? Archie readers? I read Archie online, it's the only way I can in my country since it's not sold in the UK.

Success didn't mean anything when it was selling covers that

were copy-pasta official art. Those covers were rather uninspiring but a start from when they changed writers.

You seem to have a fairly low oppinion of the series, is what I was getting at

I know that ESTABLISHED readers won't not buy the next issue just because of the cover is dodgy, however new readers ver well might. That's why publishers often have their best artists on covers, so that the cover catches the eye of browsers and peek their interest.

Regardless, these seem to be a lot of folk here more than ready (and willing) to kick Archie's efforts to the ground. Just surprises me.

Edited by JD!

it's not bad at all!, have any of you seen the orginal cover (practice_sonic_cover_by_trunks24-d5jwpwo)

maybe even this one : (sonic_comic_cover_la_by_trunks24-d4z0jjr)

Now it's great that it be finally ending, but we will have to wait till September 2013 for the conclusion.

but by doing so, it fullfills his goal of double the length of the Iron Dominion arc.

Edited by bwrosas
  • Thumbs Up 2

it's not bad at all!, have any of you seen the orginal cover (practice_sonic_cover_by_trunks24-d5jwpwo

Oh my gawd, I like this one better. I wonder why didn't they picked this one instead.

Edited by Jaime Bond
  • Thumbs Up 1

Then what was the point in you mentioning how it had nothing to do with the Wolf Tribe or the Endangered Species plots when I answered your question you directed towards TheScroogenator?

I was referring to how the Sally plotline was kind of got sidelined

But there is more going on that just Sally being on the enemy team dude. You know that. Elias has his black ops team trying to work underground in fighting Nagus where Teams Freedom and Fighters can't do so legally and out in the open. Eggman is terrorizing the world with his Death Egg and Sonic's crew are keeping pressure on him to the point it's going into Knux territory in Albion. Nagus just took control over Geoffrey's body in trying to cure his mutations while preparing his spell to take full control of the city. And Nicole is finally going to get permission to return to New Mobotropolis. That's a lot that's being juggled around in 10 issues, and this is before getting into the upcoming Worlds Collide arc with the Megaman franchise.

And do you not recall that during the time when Sally first became roboticized that they already forshadowed a way to restore Sally from her roboticization? Unless you've forgotten when Bunnie got her natural limbs restored from her cybernetics she had for so long. 

I understand there are a lot of plotlines, but that's just it, there are so many plotlines that others tend to be forgotten in the midst of it all, I'm not saying that all of the focus should have been towards rescuing Sally, but at the same time it was kind of pushed to the side for a good while despite the supposed impact it should have had. I guess I just kind of expected more from the whole plot considering how it was promoted when it happened.

The second of those concept covers looks a bit too cluttered, so I can see why that one was left as a concept. The first one though...not only is it technically better than what we got, but the layout acts as nice foil to the cover of #230, what with Mecha Sally's position at the top and aggressive arm posing. 

Edited by VEDJ-F