Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Time for a holiday gift from me! I just got StH 244 in the mail and have prepared my summary in advance, so anyone who wants to know all of the details is just a PM away!

However, if I had to summarize the whole thing in four words:

Crap. Hits. The. FAN!

Well, shoot man, PM me the spoilers than!

They reached a settlement, didn't they?

Yes, but, Hershey, Rob, Mari Ann and the kid are gone, Albion can't be named,

StH 244 SPoilers

now all of the Echidnas are gone too, Julie-su and Saffron too, who's the last Penders character? Geoffrey I guess..

Or Ian is really a good troll and he's going to keep us with thoughts like that until after the crossover, and that will be is true Master Piece.

Edited by CiNozzo

I don't know what happened but I can guess. Some random thoughts

Here I thought Rob was going to be explored a bit more.

But it's certainly strange if Archie takes that big a hit and permanently loses that many characters, even if I didn't particularly care for a single one of them. Lien-da and Geoffery were ok but.. yeah.

What worries me most is that Penders' horrific comic ideas will become reality, it's blatantly Sonic-inspired and Sonic connected, it's also embarrassing and ugly with only the worst characters the Archie comics have ever had. Does Sonic really need something like the Lara-su Chronicles attached to its already tarnished name?

Technically, there are loads of characters who could come under fire.

Biggest example I can think of is NICOLE. Her computer form may have been from SatAM, but her Lynx form was created by Penders, and I'm assuming that he'd be targetting those with the biggest presence in the book (and Hershey, for some reason).

Technically, there are loads of characters who could come under fire.

Biggest example I can think of is NICOLE. Her computer form may have been from SatAM, but her Lynx form was created by Penders, and I'm assuming that he'd be targetting those with the biggest presence in the book (and Hershey, for some reason).

I don't really think he has a case over Nicole tbh, maybe her design at the most, Nanites and stuff to change what she looks like or maybe she'll go back into being a handheld computer device all the time. I doubt she'll leave though.. I hope she doesn't as I actually like Nicole.

I must say, I don't really give a crap about the majority of Penders characters, through I wasn't expecting them to be taking out like this, unless this is one of Ian's famous trolling moves, but whatever.

I know Toby would be jumping in joy, lol.

Annnnnnd..... Deviant Art explodes in 3......2.......1......0.

Folks, think ending of 225, to get an idea. If I think that's the direction

The circumstances are really different to #225.

-In Sally's case, the death was ambiguous (ergo she did die in #225), but we knew she was going to be in Genesis anyway, and because of what exactly happened there was wiggle room for a back turn on it. Which is exactly what happened, albeit not without trauma. This was all planned, and within the context of the story.

-With Julie-Su, it's not been planned, it's been affected by outside circumstances. Everything was normal in #242, but the warning signs were in #243 when the same Knuckles scene was repeated pretty much exactly as the last issue (which I still believe was to cover a development with Julie that had to be nixed). Furthermore, she was originally on the cover of #244 itself, which indicates that she originally had a much bigger role in the story. As it stands, if I'm interpreting the text spoilers right, Julie-Su isn't even seen (she's heard) in the issue before she gets jettisoned off by Thrash along with Saffron. The only thing giving her leeway is that they were sent through a Warp Ring and not blatantly killed. But then, so were the Brotherhood, and look how fast THEY returned.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I'm kind of mad that thanks to Ken Penders' horseshit, Ian is probably forced go about really quick and dirty methods like what we are seeing here.

Edited by TheScroogenator
  • Thumbs Up 6

Wow...just wow man.

Did Ian really do that?! Did he really just off-screened all of the echidnas including 2 main ones?!

I know he has been trying to kill off some of Pender's characters for awhile but to go and wipe out a whole echidna race like that, thats pretty awesome and evil at the same time.

Wow...I really need to see what's going on in the comics for myself from what I'm hearing.

Who knows how this is going to turn out.

And if Julie-Su is indeed dead due to all this, then every single M:XYL story ever is rendered irrelevant because Lara-Su can't come into being.

Also Edmund from Silver's future can't exist either.

Time skips are fun...

Edit:

Wait, there's something not clear here. Thrash didn't touch the Dark Egg Legion, did he? If so, then maybe Lien-Da and Lara-Le and a few others are still around. They'd have to for the solicit of #245 to be right, although it could be changed.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I have a feeling those angry fans on Deviantart are going to give Ian so much trouble for all that's going on now in the comics. Mostly due to they probably don't know about the Penders issue either.

Eh, if you ask me, the less remnants of the Penders Era the comic retains, the better. Definitely can't say that I'll miss those blechidnas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Penders didn't create lynx Nicole. Tania Del Rio did.

Quoted just to remind people that Penders has nothing to do with Nicole's lynx form.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a feeling those angry fans on Deviantart are going to give Ian so much trouble for all that's going on now in the comics. Mostly due to they probably don't know about the Penders issue either.

Oh because he goes there sooooooo much now a days doesn't he?!

So Ian is allowed to kill off anybody thats basically not official SEGA characters right? if so, this was a pretty awesome thing, real manga-level stuff....IF anything comes out of it. remember this is part 2 of this 4 parter.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Glad to hear about Nicole then.

Eh, if you ask me, the less remnants of the Penders Era the comic retains, the better. Definitely can't say that I'll miss those blechidnas.

Same.

Well, they did reach a "settlement" right? Maybe there was some compromising going on and most characters will be axed but some will remain? I.e. Archie agreed they'd let Penders have almost all of his characters in return for Archie keeping a small few.

However we really don't know the details of what happened at all.. it's possible that this is just a big troll and they'll all be back after the crossover ends.

I very much doubt that Archie would enter into any sort of settlement that would force them to remove Penders characters.

I'll wait a little longer before I start to worry that the legal battle with Penders has fucked the book over.

All I know is that you guys better be keeping tabs over at Bumbleking, because I'm sure theres conniption fits going on over there now that this information is out. and I'm sure we will be hearing from Ian soon over there.

I think it's time that Ian or someone at Archie spills the beans explains exactly what the heck is going on and what is happening because it's become such a large elephant in the room that they might as well name the elephant and use it as a new character.