Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Is this crossover even taking place in the same universe or is one of those "another time, another universe thing", because the lack of Archie characters is making me think the latter.

Is this crossover even taking place in the same universe or is one of those "another time, another universe thing", because the lack of Archie characters is making me think the latter.

It should take place in the Archie universe, only without the Archie characters.

You know, this way readers could pick this up without knowing who this "Sally" is and why she isn't in the games.

I think this is the way they are doing this, but at this point I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by Nald From Never Lake

I've heard it'll be semi-canon. It's also supposed to have something to do with a lingering plot element from Genesis, which some have speculated to be the missing blue Chaos Emerald. The same emerald Eggman used to reset reality.

EDIT: From how I understand it, 'semi canon' could mean that everyone will remember, it just won't be referenced or brought up that often much like Genesis.

Edited by DarkLight

So that Chaotix arc was really good.

I haven't read the last issue but I'm enjoying it immensely. 

Why are some of the best stories I've read in Archie related to the Baron and the Sandblasters?

• Thumbs Up 2

From how I understand it, 'semi canon' could mean that everyone will remember, it just won't be referenced or brought up that often much like Genesis.

Which is the most likely scenario. We can't have Sonic saying, "This reminds me of that time I fought with Mega Man...." Even if you hand wave it with "blue robot dude" and or try to be vague enough it'll still be referencing it. It's most likely to not upset SEGA/Capcom for "misusing the license" and getting into legal trouble... again.

My biggest concern with the crossover though, is that it's 12 issues long. I'm hopping that the story is able to sustain itself and not feel like it's dragging on because those 12 issues are a lot to cover.

I think it'll be a case of "That happened. Now let us never speak of this again". For instance, if Napalm Man or whoever nukes a Mobian village, then they'll acknowledge the nuke, but not the events behind it.

Which is the most likely scenario. We can't have Sonic saying, "This reminds me of that time I fought with Mega Man...." Even if you hand wave it with "blue robot dude" and or try to be vague enough it'll still be referencing it. It's most likely to not upset SEGA/Capcom for "misusing the license" and getting into legal trouble... again.

My biggest concern with the crossover though, is that it's 12 issues long. I'm hopping that the story is able to sustain itself and not feel like it's dragging on because those 12 issues are a lot to cover.

That is also my worry. I would have been happy with a simple four issue one-off arc. It'll be slightly annoying if it starts dragging on after five issues.

Edited by Elseb

Even though its twelve issues, it should still blow by rather quickly thanks to it being broken up over three comics. Even though that is a lot of comics to tie up in a single arc, as far as real time is concerned, its still going to be about as long as a four issue arc, so it shouldn't be too bad.

We'll only be talking about this as long as we would any other arc, so I'm hopeful that it won't start to drag.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though its twelve issues, it should still blow by rather quickly thanks to it being broken up over three comics. Even though that is a lot of comics to tie up in a single arc, as far as real time is concerned, its still going to be about as long as a four issue arc, so it shouldn't be too bad.

We'll only be talking about this as long as we would any other arc, so I'm hopeful that it won't start to drag.

I didn't know this! :D

Discussion should be even better, since for those 4 months we'll have new content to discuss three times a month.

Also we still don't know how the crossover will function. For all suspicions of a Genesis-scenario, the solicits do mention Copy Robot waltzing around Sonic's world and Metal Sonic on Mega Man's, and currently all characters on the arctic, Mecha Sally aside, are SEGA ones. So maybe it'll segue straight in.

Vibrating molecules...well okay, Sonic, you do that vibrator-thing you're doing that you probably don't understand cause you are supposed to be the kind of guy who falls asleep during science talk.

Ahaha! That's Our Sonic... I think even STC Sonic might have handwaved away some science stuff saying "it's too boring for cool hedgehogs!" XD

As a fellow initiate in the Archieverse, I was also a little taken aback by how much OMG FEELS! there was in Archie compared to other Sonic media, but I don't think it's as bad as it's reputation. I thought the stuff with Sally, Ken and Sonic was handled with minimum mush but it was still obvious what was going on.

Edited by Doctor Mambotnik

Never had a problem with the 12 issue thing. But then again, my comic store carries all three comics.

I honestly think it would've been lame if it was another 4-issue arc. The adaptations of the MM 1 and 2 arcs had complaints of pacing issues because they were restricted to 4 issue set so the trade paperbacks could be easy to make. It really wouldn't feel as satisfying to read just four issues worth of what is supposed to be a first meeting of two iconic video game characters in any sort of medium.

Never had a problem with the 12 issue thing. But then again, my comic store carries all three comics.

I honestly think it would've been lame if it was another 4-issue arc. The adaptations of the MM 1 and 2 arcs had complaints of pacing issues because they were restricted to 4 issue set so the trade paperbacks could be easy to make. It really wouldn't feel as satisfying to read just four issues worth of what is supposed to be a first meeting of two iconic video game characters in any sort of medium.

I couldn't agree more but let's hope that the first three or so issues aren't just them meeting each other or else it will get boring too quickly.

I couldn't agree more but let's hope that the first three or so issues aren't just them meeting each other or else it will get boring too quickly.

They'll be fighting each other at least. That's pretty much guarantee to kickstart the whole thing and get people buying to see whose gonna beat who the best before the realization that they have to team up if their worst enemies are up to no good.

You gotta love those Marvel Misunderstandings... except not.

Considering that setup has been done to death, I really hope they at least come up with a rational reason to fight, althought I doubt it.

Sonic, I can understand him mistaking Rock for one of Eggman's robots (that was unintetional, I swear). But why Rock would fight Sonic, you got me there.

EDIT: Afterall, Rock is more of a pacifist than Sonic and always resorts to fighting as a means to an end. Unless Sonic antagonizes him or strikes first, Rock won't hesitate to defend himself.

Edited by DarkLight

Wait, the Sonic/Megaman crossover is spread across both Sonic AND Sonic Universe? Great, now it means I have to follow the other comic as well. I only collected the Sonic one. -__-;

I'm looking forward to the crossover after the mess that is Endangered Species, but I really don't know what the comic will be like after the crossover one finishes. I just hope that all those Penders characters suddenly disappearing is for the best.

Wait, the Sonic/Megaman crossover is spread across both Sonic AND Sonic Universe? Great, now it means I have to follow the other comic as well. I only collected the Sonic one. -__-;

I'm looking forward to the crossover after the mess that is Endangered Species, but I really don't know what the comic will be like after the crossover one finishes. I just hope that all those Penders characters suddenly disappearing is for the best.

Sonic, Sonic Universe AND Megaman. 

Yeah, unless you have a nearby comic store that carries all three comics, you'll have a bit of a hard time getting all 12 parts and not get confused with what's going on in the story.

There is a schedule I'll bring up for those wanting to know when each issue comes out.

Worlds_Collide_Schedule.jpg

Edited by DarkLight

Yeah, unless you have a nearby comic store that carries all three comics, you'll have a bit of a hard time getting all 12 parts and not get confused with what's going on in the story.

There is a schedule I'll bring up for those wanting to know when each issue comes out.

Worlds_Collide_Schedule.jpg

is this schedule in canon order as well? (Cannon as in what order the issues go in in terms of the arc).

I haven't read the last issue but I'm enjoying it immensely. 

Why are some of the best stories I've read in Archie related to the Baron and the Sandblasters?

They are pretty much the only other villains outside of Eggman that seem to be legit evil. Whoever wrote this arc and did the art should be getting more involved. It was well done, gave a lot characterization to people that I could have not given a rat's ass about prior and made the arc centered around the Chaotix who were previously only known to be Knuckles' Freedom Fighters. 

You know, I was thinking, Ian should really streamline Dr. Eggman's origin. I'd rather, that he instead of being a RoboRobotnik from another universe, I'd stead make it that during Endgame, Robotnik roboticized himself and uploaded his brain before he died so he could build himself a new body.