Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm very happy that they are making the graphic novels for Worlds Collide. I know that I will probably miss the Mega Man issues! -_-

You know, I was thinking, Ian should really streamline Dr. Eggman's origin. I'd rather, that he instead of being a RoboRobotnik from another universe, I'd stead make it that during Endgame, Robotnik roboticized himself and uploaded his brain before he died so he could build himself a new body.

Bringing it up again would be more confusing than needed. As things stand, Eggman was exactly the same as Robotnik until Endgame, so everyone just acts as if they're the same- and only on rare rare occasions is it worth bringing up the little footnote about Robo Robotnik and whatnot.

Bringing it up again would be more confusing than needed. As things stand, Eggman was exactly the same as Robotnik until Endgame, so everyone just acts as if they're the same- and only on rare rare occasions is it worth bringing up the little footnote about Robo Robotnik and whatnot.

Oh I wouldn't bring it up in the comic proper, but if say the encyclopedia got another edition...

Despite the fact that I agree, the fact that it was brought up in Archives 19 and 20 makes it not too hard for people to go, "Oh, well I'll go buy them then.". It sounds like a bad idea but the Archives are a reason to bring it back up.

Just got Mega Man #23 in the mail. (AKA, MM's side of the prelude to the crossover.) Most of the issue is just regular MM plot stuff with Break Man, but there is a tiny bit of lead in to what's coming next month. The most interesting part is the very end:

Mega's about to unmask Break Man after getting the drop on him, but the world starts to white out Genesis-style. Looks like continuity might be handled similarly to that. Also, Wily mentions enacting his "best plan ever" with his "new best friend" before walking into a mysterious glowing room in his base.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic, Sonic Universe AND Megaman. 

Don't worry about that one, my boyfriend collects Megaman. =P

But yeah, it's just Universe now. I'll need to get the graphic novel collections from Amazon, and then find the rest on eBay. Then I need to ask my comic book store that from now he has to keep all the Universe issues for me, together with Sonic and Megaman. He'll probably understand why though. ^^;

Personally I'm not looking forward to the crossover since I'm not really into Megaman plus I hate how it puts the books plot on hold for four fucking months.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not like much stuff that's being on hold that we already know how it'll end, anyway.

Sally's going to get deroboticized and we get to see her new design. Given how MM #23 ends on a cliffhanger, I assume #247 will as well when it whites out just before they see the derobotization process finishing.

Still unclear if/when they'll resolve the Geoffrey/Naugus plotline with the Penders drama, though I could care less about those two.

But then again, I'm just speaking for myself and just want all the comic drama caused by Penders to just go away already.

Edited by DarkLight

Yeah, unless you have a nearby comic store that carries all three comics, you'll have a bit of a hard time getting all 12 parts and not get confused with what's going on in the story.

There is a schedule I'll bring up for those wanting to know when each issue comes out.

Worlds_Collide_Schedule.jpg

It's a good thing issue 245 contained this checklist aswell. I'm seriously going to get all 12 parts this year

I knew using the comic apps would finally pay off! The comic shop that I'm near carries only StH and SU. No Megaman for some reason.

Edited by Chaos Controller
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, looks like I'mma waiting for the graphic novels of this thing to come out now.

What with me being a British guy and all.

Well, looks like I'mma waiting for the graphic novels of this thing to come out now.

What with me being a British guy and all.

Sonic comics app and the Mega Man one too.

Edited by Crash

I don't have an iPad/iPhone. If they weren't so expensive, I'd probably get one.

I don't have an iPad/iPhone. If they weren't so expensive, I'd probably get one.

I'm sure you can find it online right??

I'm perfectly fine with getting the graphic novels on Amazon.

Speaking of which, I should probably get Spiritus Ex Machina one of these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who cares? The hardcover version has been out for a while so everyone knows the contents of the book.

Is anyone annoyed that they just shrugged off the Sonic Underground Epilogue for Sonic Universe 50? I mean it wasn't really necessary but it got me excited to know there was going to be some sort of closure to it. I wonder if we will ever get it now. Even though im super pumped for the Megaman arc, if we did get Underground it would definitely be after that and that leaves me to wonder if we will even get it at all at this point, being a one off and all.

What do you guys think?

It annoyed me a bit, but I'm fine with it- after all the press, I'm sure they WILL do the Underground epilogue eventually.

I did the other day come up with a speculation that quite pleased me as to why it was changed, but can't remember what it was. Possibly something to the lines of SEGA wanting more focus on Metal.

Let me know if you find it anywhere I have been searching on google for any type of explanation for awhile now to no avail. I still think the comic is going to be a good one with Metal Sonic featured but in all honesty I think the reason Underground was axed is that it would of had absolutely no connection to the Mega Man Arc and they want to start connecting the links on the issue before run for each each comic.

Is anyone annoyed that they just shrugged off the Sonic Underground Epilogue for Sonic Universe 50? I mean it wasn't really necessary but it got me excited to know there was going to be some sort of closure to it. I wonder if we will ever get it now. Even though im super pumped for the Megaman arc, if we did get Underground it would definitely be after that and that leaves me to wonder if we will even get it at all at this point, being a one off and all.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, it annoyed me a bit too, but I'm pretty sure we will see that Epilogue in the near future, maybe even for the next Milestone Issue, who knows. But, hey, it's not like  I'm not going to enjoy some Shard Vs Metal Sonic hijinks.

The Death Egg was cut out of Endangered Species to an extent? Apparently so.

Ugh, just goes to show this whole Endangered Species arc was just a mess that should've been put off.

Plot changed, characters removed and shoehorned, focus shifted. it was all last minute changes that bugged me and its a shame the arc couldn't have been held off until all these changes could've been made easier into the arc's storyline.

And I'm bothered by the fact that SEGA is getting pissy over the fact that they don't Shard associating himself as a "Metal Sonic". its really such an idiot mandate...

To be fair, Shard at this point is more of his own character and is Metal Sonic in name only, so it's that big of a deal.